Other Shampoos:

Pros

Cons

Good shampoo, good brand

Comments about Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo:

I have used Nexxus products for most of my life, because my parents used them, and my hair dresser also recommends them. This is our current shampoo but it's not our usual. It has an excellent lather, as not all fancy shampoos do. I do have trouble with using too much. I find the bottles very aesthetically pleasing but it's harder to judge the size of a squirt until it's too late. I love the smell. My boyfriend and I both like this shampoo. We will probably buy whichever kind of Nexxus shampoo is on sale, we are more loyal to our conditioner than our shampoo. This will sting in your eyes and nose, but not as bad as some. My hair seems very healthy but I also use a great conditioner that may be responsible. I would recommend this brand but would suggest you select variety based on sales and hair type. Oh, but it's been good for growing out my hair. 6 inches a year is pretty good for me.

Nexxus pro-mend shampoo- the scent is clean and refreshing

from Long Island, NY

Comments about Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo:

I used Nexxus pro-mend split end treatment shampoo today for the first time even though I have had it for a while. It is a very thick shampoo and lathers up very quickly and gives a lot of lather. I did use a good bit but I think a little would go a long way. The scent of the shampoo is clean, refreshing and not over powering, just a great scent. After blow drying, my hair was full of body and shiny and looked very healthy. I will for sure recommend this Nexxus variety shampoo to family and friends due to the fact of how well it cleaned my hair. The shampoo is a creamy consistency and usually makes my hair flat and dull looking but I did not find that to be the fact with this shampoo instead my hair is full of body and softness. I will continue to use this bottle of shampoo and hope that it continues to make my hair look full of body and shiny and healthy looking which is how I would like my hair to look like every day.

Soft, shiny hair that looks professionally done from Nexxus

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo:

I received samples of Nexxus Pro-Med Split End Treatment Shampoo, Split End Binding Conditioner, and Targeted Leave-in Treatment Creme. I am reviewing the shampoo today.

I have been at the beach, and my teased hair, that was up in a French twist, started to look sun bleached, dry, and full of sand. I had taken the Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo with me, and hoped that it would bring my hair back to life.

I got under the shower, and added the smoky looking shampoo to my hair. I worked it through my hair, and my scalp, by adding a little more water. The lather was amazing. I left it on for about 5 minutes before rinsing it off. I then used the matching conditioner after it.

My hair felt like silk, before I even dried it. My highlights, and the gray stood out. I blow dried my hair, used the curling iron on it, and then looked at it. It looked so healthy. It felt soft.

I had to spray it a little to be able to pin it up in a French twist.

My hair looked the best it has done in ages.

Beautiful looking hair.

Hardly noticeable.

Noticed a Difference

Comments about Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo:

My hair is dry and prone to breakage and split ends. I have used Nexxus products in the past and currently only use Nexxus products. I think this shampoo is by far the best one Nexxus has on the market. I noticed a difference immediately after one use.

Nexxus Pro-Mend Shampoo works great for my hair!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo:

I've been hanging on to my samples of **Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo** and its matching conditioner until my ends were beginning to split and look unhealthy. I was able to use this product twice and really enjoyed it.

**Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo** is paraben-free and not tested on animals.

This product cleaned my hair really well. It produced tons of bubbles and lather, and I love that in a shampoo. It seems like the more lather a shampoo creates, the more those bubbles can get down into my hair and the cleaner my hair will get. This product left my hair looking not only clean, but healthier too. According to the packet, this shampoo, "prepares split end prone hair for repair by gently cleansing away damaging impurities and build-up while giving it the vital nourishment it needs."

By that claim, it would appear that the matching conditioner does all the repair work, while this product gets your hair ready to get repaired. All I know is that I used both this shampoo and the matching conditioner two times and my hair looks much healthier and smoother!

Where this product doesn't get a high score is in the scent category. It has a sickly sweet scent that smells like honey and vanilla. I don't like it at all and I don't usually mind those types of scents. Another bummer is that the scent lingers in my hair for quite a while, so I have to put it up after using this product.

Squeaky Clean Locks & Pretty Scent!

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo:

I received a sample of NEXXUS PRO-MEND SPLIT END TREATMENT SHAMPOO and I couldn't wait to try it. My hair has tons of split ends from years of dying and using hair appliances. Professional trims don't even get them all. I was not expecting the added bonus of the feminine pretty scent. My hair felt so clean and refreshed. And yes, it got those awful flyaway stray ends. My experience with Nexxus was a pleasant one. Ingredients included are as follows:

Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance (Parfum), PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Cocamide MEA, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Polyquaternium-28, PVM/MA Copolymer, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Keratin Amino Acids, Propylene Glycol, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower/Leaf Extract, Citric Acid.

Although Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo is more expensive than most shampoo products; you can use a search engine to find special deals and coupons. Yes, I highly recommend!

Nexxus Pro-Mend Shampoo left my hair shiny and clean!

from Denver, CO

Comments about Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo:

I don't really have too many split ends, but during the summer my hair does take a bit more abuse from the sun as well as more frequent washing and blow drying. I had an opportunity to try a sample of Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo, and I was quite pleasantly surprised by the results!

First impressions: the shampoo is a pearlescent white, with a pleasant but not overpowering fragrance of coconut with a bit of a woodsy note (it does have coconut oil and jasmine flower/leaf extract, but thankfully doesn't smell like suntan lotion or very floral). The scent gradually fades away after about 10-12 hours.

In the shower, the shampoo lathers up quite nicely. It rinses out well, and I did follow up with Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Conditioner as well (see separate review). I then added the leave-in treatment creme (see separate review) and blow-dried my hair as usual. The end result was that my hair was quite shiny, silky and very clean-feeling. After just a couple of uses, I'm not seeing any split ends!

Made my hair feel like straw

from Warren, MI

Comments about Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo:

Maybe this repaired, and maybe it didn't, but even if it did, i wouldn't recommend it. If felt like i washed my hair with glue, and it dried coarse and wirey. I forced myself to use the whole bottle (because when i pay for something, i use it!), but was so happy when it was gone and i could have my hair back. Way too expensive to make my hair feel worse than before.

Nexxus Pro-Mend is my new addiction...

from Cunningham, TN

Comments about Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo:

I never should have tried this shampoo! I love the way it makes my hair feel and look and it smells terrific. I have people telling me all the time that my hair smells great! I don't know yet how well it mends split ends because I started using it right after a haircut, but it does make my hair much smoother with fewer flyaways. I normally get a haircut every 8 weeks, so I will be keeping a good eye on any split ends that develop to see if I can extend my time between haircuts. I know other people sau their hair is weighed down or stringy, I don't know what they are reffering to as I have thin hair that is prone to being limp with most heavy conditioners and I do not have that problem with this line of products. For the price, I recommend getting a sample if you can before buying it. I will certainly be updating my review as I use it on how well it actually controls and mends split ends in a few weeks.

Great stuff!

from Bouton, IA

Comments about Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Shampoo:

I was looking for something that would help me save some money in between hair cuts and also keeping my hair healthy. I have long hair and I always manage to have split ends. When I heard of this treatment system I knew I had to try it, but I had my doubts about it really working as good as they said it would. I tried it for two days in a row and I noticed a drastic difference in my hair. My ends seemed healthier and not as dried out as they usually were. I was totally impressed by this treatment system. I would recommend this to anyone who wanted to try something besides going to a salon and spending a forune. The only thing I didn't like about this product was that I thought it was kinda pricy, but I was able to find coupons for it online so that helped.