4.8
Other Children's Shoes:
New Balance
KV890CGI
New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes

Summary

Once he gets going, there's no slowing him down! These toddler boy's athletic shoes from New Balance will keep him moving in the right direction in comfort and style. The mesh upper with synthetic leather details will keep his active feet cool and dry. The single Velcro closure makes your life easier when getting him ready to go out. The supportive rubber midsole along with the treaded rubber outsole will support his feet while helping him maintain his balance over bumpy terrain.

New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes

4.8

Love the neon colors and love New Balance!

I've always worn and been a fan of New Balance footwear since I was a teenager. My toddler goes through sneakers and shoes like crazy but these Blue/Green Neon New Balances have been going strong for almost 3 months which is saying a lot when they are on the feet of a very active two year old. There are a lot of things I love about New Balance sneakers, specifically, most importantly the comfort factor. My two year old is very smart and can tell me now if his shoes feel nice or hurt, etc. He has never complained about his New Balance's and has voiced to me that they, "feel nice!" One of the other things I love about New Balance's, especially for toddlers, is their durability. He has walked, ran, climbed and jumped all over the place a million times already in these sneakers and they still look brand new. Speaking of their appearance, another thing I love about New Balance sneakers is that they are washer machine friendly. I have thrown these in the washer twice now, after he had stepped in mud at the park and sloshed in the rain puddles in our driveway and they have come out looking brand spanking new and fit just the same with the same comfort and durability. Way to go, once again, New Balance.

Good shoes but too expensive for kids.

I bought two different pairs of these for my little one. In two sizes. I've worn New Balance before and know that. They are well known for making very comfortable shoes. One of my favorite things about New Balance shoes is how they seem to contour to feet. I noticed that they did the same to my toddlers foot, which made it easier for running and more play to happen.

They are brightly colored which I always like. I want lots of color in my little ones wardrobe so I love that these have such vibrant bright colors.

The amount of cushion on the inside of the shoe makes these perfect for little ones to master walking and running in. They are easy to clean, and hold shape even when they have been tossed in the washer and dryer and let's face it , if you have a toddler and buy these shoes for them they are going to get washed at least a couple times.

The only thing that I could say I'd a downfall or a bad thing for these shoes is the price. Being that they are New Balance- they are a little spendy. For younger toddlers who are constantly growing they probably aren't the best choice for you especially if you don't want to spend the money. But they are good shoes, no doubt.

Good shoes but too expensive for kids.

from Florida

• Was this a gift?:

new balance truly good for everyone

from Pennsylvania

Comments about New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes:

I love the New Balance brand, mostly because they look cool but for a fraction of the price of a good pair of Nike sneakers. They also have good soles and don't wear out easily. My son, though only a toddler, wears out shoes quickly (the cheap walmart kind) because he is active and always runs around through the dirt and mud and plays outside with other kids all day long. His father introduced me to New Balance for toddlers and at first I thought it was a rip off. Toddlers don't need to look cool, they can wear the cheap shoes but these honestly last longer and make it worth the money. Instead of going to the store every couple months to buy new shoes when he outwears or outgrows a pair, I just spent a little more and bought these in a bigger size so he will grow into them. Also, since they do last so long, I will keep them as hand me downs for his little brother to wear in later years. These are worth the price if you have more than one child who will wear them at some point.

I love these shoes!

from Elizabethton, Tennessee

Comments about New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes:

My go to brand of baby and toddler shoes is New Balance. currently, my third baby boy is in the fairly new walking stage, and just like with his two brothers, we chose to find a cute pair of new balance sneakers for his first pair of real walking shoes. We found the New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes at a local store, and we have loved him since we first put them on our baby's chubby feet. Our baby has a wider foot that was easily fitted in this particular pair of shoes. We have also noticed, as we have with other New Balance athletic shoes, that even with all the scuffs and stumbles that small children make, these shoes hold up really well over time and hardly show any wear. These shoes are very reasonably priced, being comparable to other similar brands, and if you are lucky, you might stumble onto a sale, as New Balance is a popular brand sold at a variety of stores. I really love these shoes and would recommend them to anyone who is seeking a great pair of sneakers for their young child.

Durable athletic

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes:

The first thing I noticed when I saw these athletic shoes was the colors. I absolutely love how the colors blend. I bought them as a gift for my best friend's son who is an extremely over active boy. Because I know how much he seems to love running, jumping and climbing I just thought theses sturdy soled shoes would be perfect for him. Since I was purchasing for someone else's child not my own I was a little but skeptical about the color although for one of mine I absolutely loved the colors. So when I bought them I gave my friend a gift receipt just in case she wanted to exchange them. To my surprise, she absolutely loved them. Two months had passed when I asked how the shoes were holding up since we both knew of her child's athletic personality. She told me that he wore them everyday and that they still looked great. She thanked me for giving her on such great sturdy, good looking shoes. I am really happy to have bought theses New Balance shoe and would recommend them to parents of young active boys.

Great shoe

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes:

I have recently purchased these New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes for my young son and he really does like them. I must say that these are probably the best pair of tennis shoes I have purchased for him. First off I will say the only negative thing is that these shoes are a bit pricey for a pair of shoes the children will out grow in months but the quality of the shoe makes it worth it. My son tells me that theses shoes are very comfortable and soft when walking in them. They have some air holes where air can come through them to keep their feet dry and cool even on hot summer days. I love the color of these shoes as they look very cool. I have found these shoes to be very durable and have withstood rain and snow so far. I can say that I have never gone wrong with any New Balance tennis shoes I have purchased and they have not let me down this time either. I would certainly suggest that anyone with a toddler boy on their Christmas list purchase these shoes. You will not be disappointed.

Cute and comfortable

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes:

These are great shoes for little boys. I bought a pair for each of my boys when school started and they absolutely love them. They always talk about how comfortable and lightweight these tennis shoes are. They fit true to size, but I bought them a size up so that they would have some growing room and it worked out perfectly for them. My boys wore these shoes for almost a year before growing out of them and they withstood all of their play time. They never got any holes or fell apart like many children's shoes do. Very durable. They clean up very well. I never put them in the washing machine, but I scrubbed them out in the sink many times and they clean up wonderfully. I would recommend these shoes and many other new balance shoes to anyone who is looking for a cute, durable pair of shoes for their little boys. These will truly stand the test of time and your child will be comfortable wearing them.

Great Boys Shoes

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes:

Both my husband and I have shoes from New Balance and really like them so this was an easy purchase choice. We bought these for our son and have been very pleased with them. They have a mesh material top to them and a rubber sole. They are his go to shoes when we ask him to get his shoes. They are easy for him to put on and take off himself utilizing two Velcro straps to secure them instead of shoe strings. The rubber sole offers good traction which helps on some of the slippery pieces of playground equipment. These shoes are easy to watch in the regular washing machine and sun through the dryer. They maintain their shape and color through the washing process. These shoes are a true to size fit which is important since we ordered them online and did not have the option of trying them on prior to purchasing. The inside and tongue of the shoe is padded nicely for comfortable wear throughout the day. This shoe also features a shock absorbing heel which is a plus for our son who is always jumping around and on the run everywhere. Also good price for the product, not very expensive.

My son loves these shoes

Comments about New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes:

I bought these athletic shoes for my three year old son as an early birthday present. For his age, he is very active so I needed to buy shoes that will hold up for a while. Also, he has wide feet so it is hard to find fitting shoes. First, they fit just as expected and I bought them in my son's exact shoe size. He has worn these shoes everyday for the past week and a half. He seems to love the bright neon and visually appealing colors. Also, the velcro strap actually looks good, instead of having those huge velcro straps that are on most toddler shoes. They provide good support without being too bulky or heavy on my son's feet. Overall, he really likes them and does not take them off. The price was also great, especially in comparison with other name brand tennis shoes. I would recommend these athletic shoes to any mom who has an active toddler who loves bright shoes that are also fashionable at the same time.

these over all others.

from Rome,GA

Comments about New Balance Toddler Boy's 890 Blue/Neon Green Athletic Shoes:

My wife and I purchased these shoes for our nephew, for his birthday present. He has really enjoyed them and his mother says he asks for them over any of his other many pairs of shoes. He says they feel good and make him fast, he seems to be very satisfied with these shoes. He hates to wear most shoes of any kind but since he has had these he almost always chooses to wear them when given a choice. I don't know if it is the colors he enjoys or if it is the build of the shoe itself. I think the build of the shoe is great the arch isn't so pronounced as to cause discomfort but it is there in a sense. He does seem to move around and walk with more confidence while he is wearing this particular pair of shoes. My only complaint is he will soon outgrow these and I do hope there is something very similar available in a larger size from New Balance. Overall I would have to say we are very pleased with the shoes as is the little man. I will keep this brand in mind as I shop for childrens shoes.

Love the neon colors and love New Balance!

from Dallastown, PA