4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Neutrogena on the Spot acne treatment- effective and gentle.

Neutrogena on the Spot is my favorite topical acne cream.

Neutrogena on the Spot is my favorite topical acne cream.

I have been dealing with acne for about 25 years (eek!) and consider myself an unfortunate expert on acne treatment and prevention.  I have tried just about everything that you can buy in grocery stores and drug stores for acne and keep going back to Neutrogena over and over again.  They have the most consistently performing and affordable products out there.  I can always count on good results with with my Neutrogena regimen when I stick to it.

I get pimples mostly on my chin and forehead, but also commonly on my cheeks, nose, and neck.

This is a benzoyl peroxide-based topical cream.  It only contains 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, as opposed to the formula for most benzoyl peroxide creams, which usually contain 10% benzoyl peroxide.  Neutrogena On the Spot brags that it is just as effective, and IT iS!  It may not be as effective to zap a big breakout in a few hours, but on a daily-use basis, I have found it to be just as effective and much less drying than other similar products.

I suggest using this in conjunction with Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser or Oil-Free Acne Wash and Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent.

It goes on very smoothly, and a little bit goes a long way.  I use it over most of my face, and one tube usually lasts me well over a month.  It also has a smoother, less "chalky" consistancy and is more comfortable on the skin.

On the whole, I highly recommend this for people with mild to moderate (even ocassionally severe) acne.

Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Cream is OK

I have used Neutrogena On The Spot Acne Cream many many times, and I am not that impressed with it.  It works extremely well to help clear up pimples or cystic acne if you are able to being using it immediately after the acne forms.  However, if there is a head on the pimple, the Neutrogena On The Spot Acne cream will harden the head and turn it into a great big scab like object, which is definitely much harder to cover up and takes a lot longer to go away than just the acne itself would.

I also have occasional problems with ingrown hairs causing cystic acne.  I have noticed that the Neutrogena On the Spot acne cream does not work well at all for those.

The bottom line is, Neutrogena On the spot acne cream is not a high quality product.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work, and other times it creates more problems than it is worth.  I do not personally recommend this product for treatment of acne.

It was okay.

Comments about Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment:

I had hopes for this product. I'm 3 year's shy of 30 and suffer with adult acne. I've used many different products through out the years and had hopes that this would help. I won't say that it didn't do anything because it did a little bit. However, it's not something I'd write home about. It made my already dry skin, far more dry and flaky.

Works for me!

Comments about Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment:

I put a small amount of On The Spot all over my face. I use it with the neutragena bar face soap and the neutragena moisturizer. The on the spot dries up anything any "issues" I have. I love it! I have my whole family using this product now! And everyone loves it!

works really good

from San Diego ca

Comments about Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment:

If I am in need to get rid of a zit super fast I always turn to the Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment. It has 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide as the main ingredient which is a good amount for my skin without causing dryness to my breakout. When I applied it to my skin it has a really thick consistency like glue. I put a tiny dot on my breakout this treatment forms a layer over my acne. I wouldn't use this under makeup, because it would mess it up I like to use this at night after I wash my face I only use this when I am treating my acne. It does not work immediately over night but it does help reduce my breakout within 3 days. This product is reasonably priced at my drugstore, and it is convenient to use whenever I need it. The packaging is a small plastic tube its easy to get the amount of product I need from it. I really recommend this product for any kind of breakout you might have.

• Immediacy:

Miracle in a tube for men and women

Comments about Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment:

I love this stuff. Okay so its gross to say but this product really pulls the gunk out of your blemish. It makes it easy to wipe or push the stuff out and get rid of the blemish. I don't have acne but I do get a pimple or two a few times a year. When I do, I dab some of this Neutrogena spot treatment on the blemish and let it work its magic overnight. Whatever is in the blemish is pulled to the surface and it is so simple to get rid of it in the morning. I have tried to wear it under my makeup and I wouldn't advise it. Your makeup will get discolored and super flaky. I recommend using this at night so you can take care of things in the morning before you put on your makeup. I also want to add that my husband uses this product as well. So, it's not just for ladies. He loves it and says it works miracles on his skin too. He gets a lot of ingrown hairs from shaving which lead to pimples. He puts this stuff on and it works miracles for him too.

Decent lotion

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment:

I was looking for a zit cream that was more of a lotion, like Proactiv's. I like the way other Neutrogena acne products work on my face however they didn't work under makeup. I've found that a lot of acne creams don't work well under makeup. This one works fine. It doesn't flake off when you apply foundation like some. It goes on clear and doesn't dry white at all. I've had that happen with some other creams too.

Like most Neutrogena acne products, this cream works very well. I've found it to be really effective.

Convenience
The fact that it can be worn under makeup with no issues makes this acne lotion very convenient.

Side Effects
The only side effect is that it made my face feel dry. The strange part is that it made my face feel dry almost instantaneously. As soon as the acne lotion dried on my face, my skin felt tight immediately. It wasn't a huge problem since I was applying face lotion and CC cream on top of it, but it was still a little strange.

• Immediacy:

Not very effective and terrible

Comments about Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment:

This product didn't help spot treat any of my blemishes at all. They were still the same size, they never cleared up, and they were still painful. Plus, it cause the skin around the blemish to flake and burn. This formula also bleached my clothes and ruined lots of fabric.

This product didn't help me reduce any blemishes at all. It just sat on top of a problem spot and dried up the skin around it, and it didn't actually help treat the blemish at all.

Ease of Application
After each application, I had to wash my hands because it would burn my hands.

Convenience
Not only does this formula burn your hands after use, it also bleaches clothing. My pillow case was bleached and all my night shirts were bleached as well. I had to scrub my hands clean to make sure no traces of it were still on my hands before I could touch any kind of fabric. Most of my sleeping clothing and bedding got bleached by it.

Side Effects
This cream caused my skin to flake and because extremely dry.

Immediacy
After using up the entire tube, I got no results. I still had painful blemishes on my face. I was very disappointed by this product.

A product you can trust

Comments about Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment:

This is a product that really does get the job done. You can start to see results in only a few short days. it isn't a miracle cream that will give you perfect skin immediately, but for being nonprescription it really is a great product.

It really does a good job of helping to clear up acne and blemishes. It also has a nice scent and makes my skin feel smooth and moisturized.

Ease of Application
It is so easy to use this product. You just squeeze it out of its tube and spread evenly all over your face. The cream is a nice consistency and isn't at all greasy. It won't leave your face feeling like it needs a wash after using it.

Convenience
It's pretty convenient to use because it takes no time at all to apply to your face. Just a few minutes is really all that it takes.

Side Effects
I haven't noticed any side effects at all. You can be sure that it won't do any harm to your skin.

Immediacy
Works pretty fast. I started to see improvement in only a few days.

It's uncomfortable!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment:

It makes your skin sticky. It cracks a lot. It has acne break through the cracks if not wash off in time . It works well,though. However,it makes your skin feel very uncomfortable. Dries it out. I have used it three times already and all three it has showed me the same uncomfortable feeling. I suggest not using the product,but it does get rid of acne. Fast,too.

It works well enough to get rid of acne. If it wasn't for this factor,it would not be a very good product. You would expect it work better though,since it's Neutrogena,and it is one of the best acne,hair,and body products in the world. It has it's own salons,but you would expect better from it,though. I had redness form around my nose from picking off blackheads,and after I used it (And had to wash it off,once it starting getting uncomfortable,once again. Took the redness away! The effectiveness is the overall greatest factor of this product.

Pretty easy to use.

Convenience
It cracks your skin. Dries it out over the limit! Horrible!

Side Effects
No side effects whatsoever!!!

Immediacy
It works fast! In 4 or 5 days.

Great Product for Blemish Prevention

Comments about Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment:

This product is great when you can first feel that you have acne developing under the skin. If you can start to see an enlarged pore, or if you can feel that there is acne developing under your your skin, you can apply the treatment to prevent the blemish from getting larger. I use this product two or three times when I feel I have pimple forming, and this often treats the problem before I have a blemish in your face. I also use it when I have acne that is swollen, to quickly kill the bacteria and dry the area out.

Convenience
The small tube is easy to throw into your purse or gym bag so you can continually apply to a problem area throughout the day.

Side Effects
This product works great on the pimple or problematic blemish, but only use it on the area where you are having problems. It can dry out the skin, so you don't want to spread it around your face in areas where it isn't needed.

Immediacy
This product works faster than any other spot treatment option I have used.

On the spot

Comments about Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment:

it works well on acne spots. However, it makes the spot bigger and red before it dries it out completely, usually 48 hours for me. It would be great if it could work faster, because it makes it worse before it makes it look better.It also tends to dry the skin if you put to much or to frequent on the same spot. It doesn't help much vanishing the red scars that are left after the pimple is gone. However, it doesn't leave any residual and can be used under makeup. It is also a very friendly tube that can be carry in your purse or bag since is small and not bulky

It takes around 48 hours to dry the spot completely

Ease of Application
It is extremely easy to use and it vanishes after you apply it. It can be used under makeup too

Convenience
Very easy to use tube. The size is right and easy to carry around

Side Effects
Dry skin if you use more than recommended.

It doesn't work miracles. It takes at least 48 hours to work completely