3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Neutrogena Wave: Gets Skin to Behave

**Neutrogena Wave power cleanser and deep clean foaming pads**A new skin care product by NeutrogenaOur baby girl is growing up.  The sweet pea we mashed bananas for is now making her own breakfasts.  The curly-topped toddler we held atop a pony is now riding horses off into the sun set until her peach shirt becomes a dot on the horizon.  Wasn’t it just yesterday that we were staying stocked up on diaper rash cream?  Now, while our daughter’s inner beauty shines through everyday, she’s experienced some changes in her skin.  When our daughter started experiencing the inevitable changes in the skin on her face, including black heads and acne, we started looking at facial cleansers and skin care products.  We purchased a line of Biore cleansers and toners.  She used them diligently and while they were easy enough to use and didn’t seem to irritate her skin, they also didn’t seem to lessen black heads or prevent other forms of acne.We decided to invest in the Neutrogena Wave Power-Cleanser with deep clean foaming pads.  The Neutrogena Wave is a hand held, battery operated, power cleanser that comes with 14 cleansing pads and 1 A-A battery.  There are three easy steps for using the Neutrogena Wave.  1.    Attach a disposable pad to the attachment head.2.    Hold the power-cleanser under the water to activate foaming pad.3.    Turn on cleanser by pressing the power button and gently massage over face, avoiding eye areas.My daughter has found the Neutrogena Wave easy and pleasant to use.  The gentle massage feels good so I think this encourages use.  I also think the curved edge makes it easier to clean the curves along the nose where black heads like to appear.  We’ve had to buy replacement pads but because the pads have the cleanser inside, we don’t have to buy additional cleansers.  One day we’ll have to replace the AA battery but after a month it is still going strong.The Neutrogena Wave is water resistant so it can be used at the sink or in the shower.  Personally I think it is best used in front of a mirror so users can see where they’ve cleaned.  For those who care, and preteens usually do, the Neutrogena Wave comes in pink, blue or green.  After a month of using the Neutrogena Wave, my daughter has enjoyed smaller, cleaner pores.  She’s experienced less acne and faster healing of the acne that does appear.  Our only challenge is that the four year old begs to use it.  He wants to “shave” and constantly points out his freckles to us as proof that he needs his own “wave.”  ***My Viewpoint:***I can’t say that I miss diapers but how is it that our kids zoom from Pampers to puberty?  This Mom recommends the Neutrogena Wave Power-Cleanser for those who need a powerful facial cleanser that's still gentle enough for daily use.  The hand held, gently massaging Neutrogena Wave is gentler on skin than scrubbing and the rounded edge makes it easier to clean problem areas like the curves around the nose.

Do not use daily if you have sensative skin!

I expected this to be a great thing because it says on the box safe to use on sensative skin daily. Well, after the 3rd day, I had rough spots all over my face that made me look like I had an allergic reaction to something. After my face cleared up, I used one of the pads without the wave to make sure I wasn't having an allergic reaction, and I had no problems. The vibration makes the pad take off too much skin if used daily. This product is good if used every few days in my opinion.

It works just as good as your hands

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser:

The Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser does a good job of exfoliating my skin when I don't have a chemical peeling agent available, but there are some issues. My face at times can become extremely dry depending on my regiment so I use this device to remove the dead skin cells. I can only use this device for maybe a minute on my entire face every other day or it will cause a very bad skin irritation. I have tried using this device for longer periods of time to get rid of all the dead cells and ended up with a lot of painful bumps. This device also has a tendency of removing natural oils from my face, which has led to gritty skin over time, but it was reversible after I stopped using it. The Wave Power Cleanser has become mainly a back exfoliator for me. The skin on my body is less sensitive than my face so it allows me to spend a little more time exfoliating with this device. This device has greatly improved my complexion. This device over the course of 3 months helped to fade 10 year old back acne scars. The only downside to using the Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser on a larger area is that the battery drains very quickly. Even though this device has helped me tremendously I wouldn't recommend this product because I received the same results with towelettes and baby wipes.

• Ease of Application:

Good idea, but not so great

Comments about Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser:

So first off, the worst part about this product is that the pads that come with the Wave barely have any cleanser in them at all! You almost need three pads just to clean your face once. Also, the product is supposedly waterproof, but there are cracks where the battery is placed and I feel like it could definitely ruin the product if any water were to get near that so I would never use it in the shower or such. Also, the pads are extremely expensive to not have much solution on them. The most disappointing part about this product is that the Wave does not spin around or help with exfoliation it just vibrates. I have no clue what this does. I have a different machine that has bristles and spins around which I like much better than this. It is a little harsh so I tried the Wave, but now I think I like stronger rather than weak. I would just save my money rather than spend it on the Wave.

No real exfoliation, barely any cleanser.

Ease of Application
In theory this should be very easy because you just wet a little and turn on the machine.

I forgot what it smells like since I barely ever used it.

Very powerful vibration.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser:

I kept seeing similar products to this that were very expensive so I bought this hoping that it would be helpful at keeping my face cleaner and leading to less acne problems. This is a cool little product, it comes with the little cleanser and with it also comes pads that have the cleaner on them that almost are like Velcro and they stick to the cleaner. You turn it on and I instantly realized that this little thing had a whole lot of vibration power. I got it wet and used it on my face and it has a gritty feeling on the pads, but it is nothing that is going to be really rough on your skin. After running this over my skin, it is nice and soft and I can see that my pores have visibly gotten smaller after a little while of using it. It keeps my face nice and clean and I can see all of the dirt that comes off of my face and is on the pad, showing you how clean this gets your skin. My skin has become much softer now that I use this as well, it does not dry out my face like most cleansing systems have, it keeps it smelling nice, clean, and well moisturized, my acne level has decreased significantly.

• Ease of Application:

Good idea, poor execution.

Comments about Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser:

I bought this item when it first hit the stores. I was really excited to use it because it seemed like such a great idea. I used the Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser every day and followed the instructions and used this product for a month or so. I would say that it does clean your face but it is nothing special in particular. It does not really provide enough suds and the vibrating is a bit too rough and quite annoying. I also would rather this product to come with a charger however with it using batteries it does last a lot longer and I do not have to worry about charging, just re-purchasing batteries. I have since moved on to bigger and better things that are like this cleanser but more advanced and I am glad to have moved on! This cleanser is like the baby step in its' category but does a decent job. Will it perform miracles? No. Will it deep clean your pores? No. It will, however, clean your face pretty well.

Nifty little gadget

Comments about Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser:

When this product came out, it claimed that it would clean your face better than just using your hands to smooth the product in. A lot of hype, a lot of commercials, and since I had a coupon I gave it a try.

It feels really neat on your face, although trying to use it to clean pores in your nose can hurt a bit. The pads that come with the machine didn't seem to help with my acne problems, which was annoying since I had bought a refill with the purchase of the actual machine. What I did find is, that I could use the pad (after cleaning it and keeping it disinfected) and add my own cleanser.

The massaging cut out a lot of the time I spent massaging cleanser into my face, but in hindsight I would have probably not purchased it. The hype surrounding it has definitely died down, and most people have forgotten the machine.

While I still use it to massage my face, I feel that it could have been better.

Super Scrubber

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser:

If you are looking for a product that will deep clean your face - this is it. I have really liked how this product has got rid of a lot of blackheads around my nose. I was a little skeptical to try it, but I am happy with the results I've seen with it so far. It was recommended to me by my sister-in-law and since she was so happy with it, I thought I'd give it a try. If you want to see some good results, you do have to be good about using it everyday. It's not something that you'll see a big difference with one try. But if you stick with it, hopefully you'll be happy with the improvement of the skin on your face too. One thing that I wish I could change about this product is how expensive it is. I think that the Neutrogena line of face products are really good for your skin, but they are expensive. It could be something that you save up for for a while and then buy it as a special treat for yourself.

Not really worth it.

from Kansas

Comments about Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser:

There was a lot of hype about the product when it came out, so naturally I wanted to try it. It came with a few of the little pads and batteries. Firstly, it's extremely loud when you turn it on! It caught me off guard. The little pads that come with it don't get very sudsy [is that a word? Lol] and that kind of bothered me so I would just another cleanser and just use the wave for the exfoliating factor. Also regarding the pads, the replacements aren't cheap. I don't see a point in paying that much for the replacement pads especially since they don't contain much product in them anyway. The package says it is water proof but I noticed near the battery area it started to get a little funky, so I don't think it needs to be exposed to very much water. Overall, it's an okay product, but really you can just buy an exfoliating face wash for much cheaper and it does the job just the same as the wave.

Can be Handy

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser:

I bought this to use in the shower when washing my face to get a nice deep clean to get rid of the acne problems I was having. With the first few uses I notice it creates a really good lather and it feels like I am getting a better, deeper clean but I was still having acne problems. This electronic scrubber comes with a supply of pads that stick to the device and lather up once you get them wet. The cleanser is in the pad already. Each pad is meant for a one time use. Since I was not seeing the results I had hoped for a bought a facial cleanser to use in the shower and applied my cleanser directly to the pad. This made a huge difference. I was getting a better lather and deeper clean. I am now noticing significantly less acne and blemishes. The scrubber is a great design and easy to use with the power button on the side of the main body of it. It is completely water proof so you can use it with confidence in the shower. It does not eat up batteries either, it is pretty conservative.

Useless

Comments about Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser:

This product did nothing to me skin. It didn't exfoliate my skin, it didn't do any deep cleansing, in fact it barely dispensed any soap at all. It was a waste of money, and it did absolutely nothing to help my skin. I regret buying this product, and I do not suggest anyone go out and buy this product. It did nothing at all, and it is a complete waste of money.

This product didn't do any deep cleansing of my skin like it promised. It didn't exfoliate away the dead skin cells on my face either. It absorbed all the face soap I put in it, and hardly any of it ended up on my face. This product did absolutely nothing for me, and was a complete waste of money. I can't urge you enough to not buy this product. It won't deliver any results at all, and it is better to just use your hands to wash your face than using this piece of junk.

Ease of Application
This product did absolutely nothing for my skin. It didn't cleanse, exfoliate, or disperse any soap on my face. It just vibrated on my skin, and was pointless.

There was no distinct scent for this product.

• Ease of Application:

I like the scrubber itself, just not the cleanser

from West Virginia

Comments about Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser:

As far as the product goes, the scrubber itself does a great job for me. The facewash pads that come with it though don't do much for my skin or acne. The scrubber doesn't do much on it's own without you operating it in a circular motion but I like the tingly, vibrations on my face. Overall the scrubbing machine is nice and probably deserves a higher rating, but the wash/pads that come with it just aren't anything to write home about.

I like that I can add my own face wash or product to my skin and use the scrubber to work it around my skin and that it keeps my hands and fingertips from being damaged. It works great on my chin and I can control how much pressure I use so I can work harder on my forehead, chin, and nose and work softer on my sensitive cheeks and neck.

The Wave itself does a nice job of getting the dirt and grim and scrubbing away the impurities hut the facewash pads aren't very strong and do nothing for my blackheads or acne. It's all about the Wave but you should probably add your own product. The face wash pads are more designed towards just cleansing than actual acne treatment.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use. You put a pad on, moisten, turn on and go or you can add your own facewash to the pad and do the same. Pleasantly surprised how well the batteries hold up even when I use it in the shower and bath.

The scent of the face wash isn't bad. It's light and fresh and easy on the nose. As far as smell, it's very male and female friendly but the pink color of the wave isn't too appealing to my guy.