Other Sunscreens:

Cons

A product I love recommended by my Dermotologist

from Londonderry, NH

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Effective Protection
  • Not Greasy
  • Rubs In Well

Cons

• Daily Use

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85:

I see a dermatologist regularly due to rosacea and was given a sample of this product from them. The thought behind it was that certain light as well as the sunlight was one of the factors that was contributing to rosacea showing sometimes more than others. Sunscreens can sometimes be so oily or thick, but not this one. It is no greasy, not too think, moisture and feels so smooth on your face. This product doesn't have much of a smell to it either. Usually with sunscreen you can tell right away when someone is wearing it. I use this product daily under my usual foundation.

This is good for long term exposure.

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85:

I sometimes go out in the sun for a long time during the summer when I go to exercise. Some of my intense workouts last for more than two hours in the sun with me sweating a lot. I really like these long term exposures but I also don't want to burn or damage my skin from too much exposure from the sun. I was skeptical about very high SPF sunscreens but I decided to try this for the long term exposures. I thought the sunscreen might be too strong but my skin was fine after using it.

The scent can be a bit strong at first but wears off quickly.

Absorption
    You need to scrub it quite a bit to get rid of the white residual but once it is absorbed, you don't see the white on your face anymore.

Longevity
    This is a strong sunscreen that lasts a long time.

This is very effective if you want to be out in strong sun for a long period of time.

Ease of Application
    It is easy to apply but you may have to scrub it for a few minutes to completely absorb it.

Best One Out There...

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85:

I have been using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85 for a few years now and absolutely love it. I usually go through two or three tubes of this each summer. I use the neutrogena sunblock one my two little ones because they are so fair skinned and burn easy. Since starting to use the neutrogena neither have had any sunburn. This sunscreen is easy to apply and has great absorption. It leaves your skin feeling soft and dry compared to most that give your skin a greasy texture. The effectiveness of this sunscreen is great and it lasts for a long time. The neutrogena sunscreen has a very pleasant scent compared to other sunscreens. This sunscreen is paba free. Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch is also water resistant for up to 80 minutes. I would definately recommend neutrogena ultra sheer sunblock to anyone with light complextion or who may have children.

Very effective

from Bay City, MI

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85:

This sunblock work's very well at blocking the sun. I burn very easily and I like to have lot's of protection from the sun.
    Very excellent sunblock that does the job. I would recommend this brand. I've tried this and I thought it tanned just the right amount. This sunblock is the most effective sun block product I've used for awhile now. It fits very well with the this brand. It covers your skin thoroughly. It can be used on all types of skin types. If I had to chose between this sunblock and another one , I would chose this one.

Has a very pleasant scent and not very strong. It has a nice smooth texture and isn't greasy.

Absorption
    Great skin absorption.

Longevity
    It last's a long time. It last's all day.

Very good effectiveness. Get's the job down with no burning. Most effective sun block I could ever hope to find.

Ease of Application
    Very easy to apply. make sure you cover all your sun exposed part's so this product can work effectively.

Super great sunscreen!

from Wabash, IN

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85:

This is a great sunscreen. It has the highest spf I've seen on any sunscreen so it offers great protection. My dad who was diagnosed with skin cancer was instructed by his dermatologist to use this sunscreen, and so I also started using it. A word to the wise though do not get it in your eyes as it burns.

• Ease of Application:

One of the best out there.

from Morris, CT

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85:

I am fair skinned and therefore have tried a large number of sunblock products over the years. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock is definitely one of the best, if not THE best, I have ever used.  It goes on without any greasy feel, it does not irritate my skin (I have sensitive skin), and works very well.  I have used it on vacation in the Caribbean, and never got a sunburn.  This product was recommended to me by my sister-in-law, who had two episodes of melanoma.  She has to be diligent with protecting herself from the sun and she uses it exclusively.  I do, too, now that I have tried it.  It is more expensive than some other products, so I usually wait for a sale.  I would describe myself as rather conservative/frugal, and this product, in my opinion, is a good value for the money.  I have been using Neutrogena products since I was a teenager and feel that it is a very good name brand.  You get what you pay for.

neutrogena is the only brand I trust for sunscreen

from Richland, MO

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85:

Great Sunscreen!  Being a woman with some hormone therapy, I started getting some brown spots right on my face just a few years ago.  I thought maybe being in the sun more would help even them out.. oh was I a fool!  I finally went to a dermotologist to find out what was going on and I was told about malasma, estrogen under skin and how the skin makes it turn more brown.. I've learned that it is crucial that I keep these spots out of the sun or they will get dark just like that.  My dermotologist was giving me some samples of this neutrogena spf 85 for a while there.  I became addicted, now I don't leave the house without my neutrogena sunscreen.. I have to reapply it every so many hours if I'm going to be out at all.. just driving is real bad cause that is the cheek where I have the worst part of it, which I think is because it's been exposed the most.  Well I love neutrogena, it works very well and i can definitely tell a major different when i use it, it really works.

Finally! One we all like!

from Longmont, CO

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85:

My husband is very fair and has a history of pre-cancerous growths. Our daughter is very fair as well. Our son likes to hike the "fourteeners".  Between living in Colorado and being a home of (mostly) red-heads sunblock is not optional here!

Texture and smell are always part of the criteria of our choices and we ended up with a cupboard full of un-used products. On the recommendation of my Dad I have finally found one my whole family will use: Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85 with Helioplex. This product is not sticky or slimey.  It does not have any unpleasant odor. My teen-agers both use it and do not break out. While I can't say it is entirely sweat-proof, I do know it has held up better than any of the competitors my husband has put to "the test".

We are coming into our third summer with Neutrogena and I can gratefully say we all can pass around one tube of sunblock and be done with it. Honestly, I only wish the tubes were bigger!

Works great in Mexico sun

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85:

I bought this for a cruise I went on, down to Cabo San Lucas, where the sun feels alot closer than it does in the states. It stated is was for the face, but you can use it anywhere. The only thing that makes it more suited for the face is that it's a little thicker to apply. A creamier version would work better all over the body. Nonetheless, the critical ingredients for all-over body coverage are there! This suncreen contains avobenzone and antioxidants (good for the skin). Avobenzone has a track record of helping block UVA and UVB rays. It's among the best sunscreens out there. And I learned that the higher the spf, the longer the coverage lasts, not that it gives more coverage, it's just longer.  So I went to Mexico and applied this everywhere - it lasted all day! The last time I went down to Cabo and put on sunscreen, I got burned - I hadn't reapplied the suncreen enough. The salt water from the ocean can wash away sunscreen. In the case of Mexico, I recommend a thick suncreen like this, over a spray, which is more easily washed off. Okay, so there are so many versions and spf's of Neutrogena's sunscreens. Just pick one from the Age Shield collection/ Helioplex / Dry-touch. These terms are all used for the same products.

Great for the water

from Winnebago, IL

Comments about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 85:

I love this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 85 face sunblock.  It has Helioplex to provide balanced broad spectrum protection against UVA & UVB rays.  It is light weight, waterproof, sweatproof, oif free, PABA Free, smells great, and it does not  break me out.  I have several tubes so I never am without it if I forget to apply. I still re-apply if I'm out in the sun all day.  Even though it says it is waterproof I am in the water at the local waterpark all day with my daughter, so I reapply at noon. I also apply it on her everyday, even when she goes to school, I do not want her to have problems with her skin like I do.  Both her father and I have had problem skin all our lives.  I aslo do not want her to have wrinkles as she ages or skin cancer.  She does not seem to mind me applying daily and I hope that she will grow up being in the habit of wearing sun block daily for life.  Please try this one or any of the other Neutrogena Dry touch face block.