Other Shampoos:
Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original

Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original

Pros

Cons

Neutrogena T/Gel stops the itching scalp problems!

I suffer from a skin condition that causes an extremely dry scalp.  In the winter this problem gets worse due to the dry air when the heat is on as I live in a cold climate.  Hence, I find myself scratching my head frequently.  At night the problem gets even worse and even interrupted my sleep because the itching was so bad!  There were times when I would scratch unconsiously causing bleeding and sores on the scalp due to this dry skin problem.

After trying numerous products my dermatologist suggested T/Gel.  The relief is immediate upon use!  The ingredients condition the scalp skin tissues bringing relief.  My hair is clean and shiny and does not have any oily residue left after washing.  The product rinses out readily and my hair and scalp feel clean and healthy after use.

I have found one drawback to the product; there is an ingredient that causes a tar like smell that does linger after washing your hair.  Fortunately, the use of a nice smelling conditioner will eliminate this problem but has not hampered the great results I gain from  T/Gel.  This product has proven to be a God send for me!

It smells great but leaves a lot to be desired

I spent a week vacation at a friend's house and forgot to bring my face wash with me so I used hers instead. I thought it wasn't a big deal and that most face washes do all the same stuff. Turns out I was quite wrong. This stuff smelled great when i was using it but that was about the only good thing about it. It doesn't foam up or create any real kind of suds when you apply it to your skin. I even tried rubbing it between my hands before putting it on my face and it still just felt like a weird oil slick. It did a good job of removing the excess oil from my face, it usually is too oily naturally, but it also dried out my skin a lot. I do not usually use a moisturizer after I wash my face because I have found that it cause me to break out even more. After two days of using this stuff my skin was starting to flake! I ended up going to the store and buying my usual face wash anyway because I was not going to be using her grapefruit wash anymore. I haven't encountered a single issue with any Neutrogena product before this one and boy was it a doosey. Maybe if you do not wash your face twice a day this would be a good product for you,

Neutrogena T-Gel the best shampoo for whats bothering your scalp

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original:

The best therapeutic scalp treatment around that I have ever tried, but beware of imitations because some of the store brands are watered down. The original T-Gel formula cost a little more,but it might be worth it depending on the severeness of you scalp problem. I would highly recommend this product.

The scent is not really one of those fruity or flowery scented type shampoos but it really does the job it was meant to do and the scent is not really bad either. Of course if you like or prefer a sweet scent, use a good conditioner to enhance an already perfect product.

Great product that I would recommend

Comments about Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original:

I really liked this product. It was much better than just your ordinary shampoo. My hair felt so much softer, healthier, and overall just better after using this product. It's great for hair that's damaged or needs a deep cleaning. If suggest it to pretty much anyone.

Not a huge fan of this but it does work.

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original:

I had a very bad issue with having a flakey and dry scalp for a short period of time. I had spent some time at a friends house and they insisted I try their shampoo and kept telling me how great it was. So I proceeded to use their Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo and it did work wonders. I could not get passed the smell of the shampoo itself tho. It was very strong and over powering and I could smell it on myself all day after using it. The smell made me very self conscious of that fact that I had used it and did not smell like flowers or fruit or something.

This shampoo works amazing. I had some issues with a very dry scalp that was itchy and flakey and I used this for a few weeks and it cleared everything that was an issue right up. There is no doubt in my mind that it is all the chemicals that are in it.

The scent of this shampoo is god awful. I could not believe how horrible it smelled the first time I used it. It literally smells like you are washing your hair with straight chemicals. There is no scent to try and stop the chemical smell.

The quickest OTC antidandruff solution.

from Flint, MI

Comments about Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original:

Overall T/Gel is a very high-performance hair care product. It's always my first choice during the winter months as I am a sufferer of itchy, flaky, dry scalp. As soon as Neutrogena T/Gel is massaged into the hair and scalp a tingling sensation can be felt. It gives the user the impression and sensation that the T/Gel is immediately having a healing effect.

Neutrogena T/Gel is by far the most effective and quickest acting anti-dandruff shampoo available that is OTC or over the counter. In my case it took 3 applications, once a day of T/Gel and my scalp had been eliminated of those embarrassing flakes. The itch was gone as well. Whatever is the active ingredient in Neutrogena T/Gel is extremely fast-acting and powerful. You can buy Neutrogena T/Gel at almost any grocery or drug store in the shampoo department. I bought mine at Rite Aid.

Unfortunately, unless you are a fan of soot, or coal tar scent; Neutrogena T/Gel has a less than pleasant odor. However, the odor is definitely not offensive, and is a very acceptable price to endure to have a dandruff problem eliminated in what seems like no time at all. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Cured the psoriasis on my scalp with one wash!

Comments about Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original:

I love this product, but I don't like to use it for shampooing my hair because it doesn't lather very well. I use this product as a follow-up treatment after shampooing my hair with another product.

I have an insanely dry scalp. I use Head & Shoulders regularly, but sometimes my psoriasis gets so bad that I need to use this product. I find that it calms my irritated scalp with just one use. The product doesn't lather very well in the hair, so I always use a different shampoo first, rinse it out, and then follow up with the T/Gel. That process seems to work for me.

The scent of this product is absolutely horrible, but I think that's to be expected. Coal tar is one of the main ingredients, which is what I believe is responsible for the terrible scent. The scent does linger in the hair until the next wash. It's not overpowering, but I can smell it on myself. My friends have told me that they can't smell anything on me, however.

Neutrogena T/gel

Comments about Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original:

Works great for dandruff caused from dry scalp or product build up. You do not have to use it daily either for good results, I only use it a few times a week and notice a lot less flakes. It does not smell the best though so you have to use some sort of product after you wash so your hair doesn't stink.

I had to use this a few times a week for approximately two weeks before I noticed I had almost no flakes left. I get winter dandruff from the air being so dry so I need something that will get rid of the dandruff yet not dry my scalp out. This product seems to do the trick. It doesn't get rid of my flakes completely but enough that I'm not worried about people seeing flakes in my hair.

This has a very medicine like smell. It doesn't smell good at all in my opinion, but it works so I ignore that aspect of it. Get a good conditioner or leave in product and you will not have to worry about the smell being noticeable.

Best investment I've ever made!

from Burbank, IL

Comments about Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original:

I have had a problem with dandruff as well as oily hair for a long time, and have tried way too many shampoos and conditioners and other hair supplements to count. Every single one I have used either didn't work at all, made my hair even worse, or only cleaned my hair a few times before it stopped working. I needed a shampoo that would give my scalp a deep-clean, and T/Gel did just that. Although I have found a few other shampoos that work, as well, Neutrogena T/Gel has worked the longest. The first time I used it, I was amazed by how shiny and clean my hair was. I could run my hand through it and it would come out clean, without a single trace of oil. Not only that, but it would last awhile, unlike other shampoos that might clean my hair at first, but it would return to the way it was after a day or two. The only negative thing I can say about this shampoo is that the scent leaves a lot to be desired. T/Gel had kind of bleach-y and chemical-like smell, that reminds me a bit of a hospital room, or perhaps the dentist. Either way, it is not the way a shampoo should smell, which is like flowers or fruit in my opinion. Despite that, I would not give T/Gel up for the world, because it has helped me overcome a problem that has long since been an issue for me. However, I would recommend using it sparingly. Using it too often could negate its powerful effects, so continue to use your ordinary shampoo, but every few days use T/Gel. Enjoy!

My dermatologist recommended t-Gel

Comments about Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original:

I recently went to my dermatologist because my scalp had gotten dry and irritated. I was experiencing a lot of itching and flakiness and my hair had started to get thin. She said it was seborrheic dermatitis and recommended I try using t-gel two to three times per week. I was worried about using a shampoo with chemicals on my curly hair, which tends to be dry and coarse, but I was amazed at how soft my hair was after washing. I've been using the T-gel 3 times a week and using my regular shampoo and conditioner on the other days. Over the course of just 3 weeks I have seen some significant improvement. My scalp isn't itching or hurting like it was before I started using T-gel and the flakiness has decreased significantly. It has a very light clean smell, and doesn't smell anything like I imagined a medicated shampoo would smell like. I strongly recommend this product to people experiencing severe itchiness or flaking.

Helpful for psoriasis

Comments about Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original:

I've been suffering from psoriasis of the scalp since I was around 12 or 13. The doctor prescribed this t-gel back then and I've been using it since. It takes the itch out, calms the irritation, stops the flaking skin. I love this product and I use it regularly to stay comfortable. However, if I stop using it for a couple of days, the symptoms come back. All in all, I love the shampoo and will continue to purchase and use it as long as I have these problems and it continues to help.

It stops my scalp itch, relaxes my irritated skin, and lessens the flaking and scabbing within 24 hours. The only real problem I've seen with the effectiveness is that it doesn't last long enough. If I neglect to use this product for two days, my symptoms return.

It does have a touch of a tar scent but it's not too bad. When used in conjunction with a conditioner or cream rinse of some sort, the tar smell does go away.

This Shampoo is highly recommended!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Original:

Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Original came highly recommended by our family doctor. my daughter and I were suffering from awful dandruff. My scalp was flaky and dry. I talked to my doctor about it and he recommended that I get Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Original, so I did. Now it is my trusted brand. After the first two times I washed my hair with this Therapeutic Shampoo I noticed a big change in my scalp. This shampoo cured all of the psoriasis on my scalp and I wasn't embarrassed of the flakes that used to fall from my head onto my clothing. I could safely place my hair into a ponytail without my dry scalp peaking through. I have more confidence and couldn't go without this shampoo. Now it is a bit pricey, but if you have scalp that is always dry and flaky, this is the best shampoo to help get rid of it and keep it away. You don't need very much to start to see results. This shampoo keeps my scalp moisturized and treated to make sure it continues to prevent the itchy scalp and keep it away.