2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Better than anything I have tried, and I have tried many....

I have tried Pro-active, Noxema, too dial soap & water, to rubbing acholol on my face to dry out and get rid of the acne that i HAD, on my face. At the new age of 42, which i  love. i eat healthy, i exercise, daily, and care for my face as well, as the rest of Me.

**Neutrogena Skin id, **which i saw the Television commercial for and thought, what do i have to lose. but my time and maybe a tad more money...

so, i went on their website, too there little survey about myself, my life, my stress, and my skin, and the product came in about 5days, in the mail... i tried it, and that evening, i washed my face and treated my face with the new product. and the next morning, OH My gosh, i couldn't believe it... my acne was like some of then GONE, and the redness, gone...

this product does work, and i will never leave it and i take it every where with me...

Neutrogena Skin ID sucks your wallet and skin dry

I've been TRYING to be nice to this product for a while. I kept telling myself that I'm probably over-using it, and other days I used to tell myself I'm under-using it...but I'm done making excuses. Skin ID is overpriced, smelly, it makes your skin feel dry and it's definitely not a routine you eagerly want to perform before and after a long day of work. The face-wash feels like butter when you smear it on your face, the acne treatment gel makes your face feel tight, and the moisturizer? It doesn't moisterize! It makes your face like a Raisin!! Seriously? I want to give it one star, but it does *kind* of work.

I'm saying it 'kind of' works, because I haven't had large, painful pimples since I got the product. However, I got the product for those minimal pesks--blackheads and those small bumpy white heads you can't actually pop, and I've still got them. I routinely use it, yet my goal to beautiful skin has not been achieved :(. Recently I've noticed that the product has been actually *bleaching* some of my headbands! My pretty blue headband, and face towels were getting bleached!! I noticed this just recently after a good, I dunno--eight months of using the product.

That's another complaint. Eight months? I wanted to quit it at three! But you have to actually CALL them on the telephone to quit your regiment--and not only that, but you can only call five days before they ship your next shipment. I tried to cancel my membership twice already, and both times I failed to get them to understand that I didn't want to spend so much money on their stupid product anymore.

No, you know what? I change my mind. I give it one star. It's VERY poor, considering the price, and it's trickery to keep you on it's regiment is just cruel!! I'm trying to quit it right now!!

Miracle acne treatment - so sad it's discontinued

Comments about Neutrogena Skin id:

This product line totally got rid of my acne and acne scars. I used it for years with incredible success, and when it was discontinued I was so upset. Within a year my acne came back full force, and I still haven't found anything that worked like SkinID. Neutrogena, if you're reading this PLEASE bring it back!!!

• Immediacy:

It's not a miracle worker, but it's the best thing available otc

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Neutrogena Skin id:

I used Neutrogena Skin ID Treatment 32 to fight acne. I used this product for over a year and had great results. This product is a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide that worked great on my sensitive skin. I used this product every single morning with a moisturizer. Make sure the moisturizer includes a SPF of at least 15. I once applied the Neutrogena Skin ID Treatment 32 to my face without applying a good SPF moisturizer and I got a painful sun burn in less than 10 minutes. This product dried out the acne on my face, but it took time. Within the first 2 days of using this product my acne started to clear up, but that didn't last long. By the next day my face had broken out. I continued to use this product and my acne started to clear up again. My skin was becoming more and more clear as I used this product. I broke out once again in the third week, but it didn't last long. After a month of use my face was 90% blemish free. I definitely would recommend Neutrogena Skin ID.

• Immediacy:

Product not effective, and they rip you off with auto refill

Comments about Neutrogena Skin id:

Buyer Beware! This stuff sounds great in the ads, and I was really excited to try it, but it was ineffective for me. On top of that, you are supposed to have 60 days to try it, but before that time trial is up, they have already sent the auto refill, which they charge you for. This is way too expensive and a pain in the neck for something that only works marginally.

Results were poor

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Neutrogena Skin id:

The young women in our family tried all their products. Results were very poor. We eventually found some products that worked, but this brand did not. We used the body products, facial stuff, everything they offered against acne. There didn't seem to be any more improvement that we would have gotten by washing more using regular soap. It also made our skin very dry, and even though people think acne comes from oils, it doesn't. You need those natural oils on your skin.

Didn't do any better of a job than when we were just using soap and water.

Ease of Application
It wasn't hard to use their products, it just wasn't effective. No problem applying them/using them, etc.

Convenience
As long as you did all your usage of them at home, it was no problem. If you tend to be away from home a lot, then you'll have to cart along a lot of product.

Side Effects
No side effects that we noticed other than dry skin. Most people think you need dry skin to clear up acne, but in our case, it didn't prove to help any.

No results were quick.

Do not recommend

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Neutrogena Skin id:

I hate this whole system, it's nothing more than a gimmick, a marketing scheme. They say it's personalized but how do they know without personal, real life consultation? I think they group people together based on type of skin and symptoms you have which isn't really personalized. This product did not help with my acne at all, in fact, I think there was more now than before I started! It made my skin dry and flake out so bad. I was trying to put on moisturizer but it did not help me at all. I don't know why it dried out my face but it obviously wasn't the right ID for me! In addition to that, there is an auto renewal every couple of months and it is very hard to cancel that. I think that is wrong of them to charge you like that. You should be able to opt in, not opt out. This whole system is overpriced and totally not worth it. I would never in a million years recommend this product to anyone.

It works.

Comments about Neutrogena Skin id:

I didn't have time to wash my face everyday so at night I'd take step 1 and clean my face. Then when I used step two, I just put dots over the blemishes, like a mask. Then in the morning, I'd wash it off and use the 3rd step. It cleared my face within 1-2 days.

Not for me.

Comments about Neutrogena Skin id:

I have oily, sensitive skin. For me this skin care line didnt seem to make much of a difference in my acne. In general, i get the deep painful breakouts around my chin, and random smaller breakouts on my cheeks and creases around my nose. All this was able to do for my was keep the pimples from getting worse, but it didnt get rid of any. It was also very drying.

Not a good match for my skin

The 3 steps were pretty easy to manage

Convenience
Having to do all 3 steps, 2 times a day, everyday... was sometimes hard to do.

Side Effects
Made my skin super dry and flakey.

No results.

Amazing

Comments about Neutrogena Skin id:

Amazing product. I am an adult who has suffered acne for several years. I have been on Accutane, and spent tons of money on products to help clear it up. I have been using this product for 1 week, and already see amazing results. The product has already evened the texture of my skin out, while fading acne scars. I can't wait to see what results will be over the next few weeks. There is hope for me and the acne I have suffered. I would recommend this product to anyone. It is turning out to be a miracle product for me.

• Immediacy:

OK product, HORRIBLE customer support.

Comments about Neutrogena Skin id:

I'm very happy with the product, but the customer service is lacking EXTREMELY. I sent in a question about reordering a specific product weeks ago and never received a response. They do not seem to respond/care about the individual, no I would no recommend this product, based solely on the fact of customer service. Proactive works just as well and they CARE about your questions/concerns. Go with Proactive I feel you will be satisfied with the outcome.

No better than proactive.

Ease of Application
If you follow the application directions you will see improvement but there are better companies to deal with.

Convenience
You can't reorder at your convenience, they will send you offers for additional products but they are not available to purchase online. The most annoying/convenient product available.

Side Effects
Works as well as proactive.

Immediacy
You can't reorder off the site, or order individual products at your convenience. Go with proactive, at least their customer service responds.

• Immediacy:

It's the best decision you'll make for mild to moderate acne.

Comments about Neutrogena Skin id:

My skin has never been softer and is clearing up so fast!!!!

I have naturally oily skin so I break out often, especially during the summer months. I'm getting married next summer so I wanted to find a product that worked well. After using Skin ID for a couple of weeks, my skin doesn't get as oily and has cleared up amazingly! My skin is soft, clearer, and my pores are obviously a lot smaller. I'll never go back to any facial product.

Side Effects
The only side effects that I had was a burning sensation after using toner and mild dryness. The toner, I discovered, was just working! After a couple of days, once my pores got clearer and smaller, it didn't burn anymore. And the dryness was eliminated when I only used my regimen once a day. I use it twice every-other-day. I also got a free skin moisturizer. I've NEVER been able to use any kind of lotion on my skin without tremendous breakouts. This is the first time in my life that I can use it with confidence!

Immediacy
I started using it around two weeks ago and I've already gotten several compliments!