3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Wake Up With One Less Pimple...

There are numerous acne-fighting products that can be found on numerous drugstore shelves. For me, the formulations that contain salicylic acid have worked reliably well for many years.  From time to time, I do like to try different brands to see if there are any improvements in effectiveness, lotion texture, or application.  My latest must-have acne product is **Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel**. What caught my attention about this product is the label that promises to "*visibly reduce breakouts in 8 hours."*  Who wouldn't want to apply a gel and wake up with once less blemish?

My skin is still very oily even in middle age, so I have to be diligent about skin care.  That means using oil-free wash and toner every night and morning.  Still, there is always that occasional stubborn pimple that insists on popping out no matter how closely I stick to my routine.  A whole-face mask can be too drying, but a spot application like Neutrogena lets me target the places on my face that tend to be breakout zones.

When I first pulled the tube out of the package I was stunned by how tiny it is.  There is only a half an ounce of gel in the tube, so I knew it was something I was going to have to use sparingly.  I don't think it's cost-effective for treating your entire face--there may be better products on those drugstore shelves for that purpose. Nevertheless, for my limited needs, it seemed worth trying.

The first opportunity I had to use the gel was when a blemish erupted on my cheek.  After my cleansing and toning routine, I dabbed on the teensiest bit of gel on the spot.  A little did go a long way; it absorbed well.  Even though it dries clear, I could still feel that it was on my skin.  It didn't rub off at all.

When I awoke (about 8 hours later) I touched my cheek to see if it felt any different.  The blemish wasn't completely gone, but it had gotten noticeably smaller.  There was still a little redness around the area from the pimple itself, but no stinging, soreness, flaking or other side effects.

Overall, I highly recommend **Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel** for targeted treatment of blemishes while you sleep.

Neutrotena Rapid Clear Spot Gel Works Okay

I have a lot of acne that is especially hard to get rid of. I have been combating acne since I was 13 years old, so I've tried a lot of products. I've been through over the counter creams, perscription creams, and perscription pills, and none of them have ever completely gotten rid of my acne. I used Neutrogena Rapid Clear for a while, and I was somewhat pleased with the results. Like everything I had tried before, the effects wore off before too long.

First of all, I never saw I significant difference in the amount of acne I had. I tend to have at least somwhere between twenty and thirty pimples, and, on this product, it stayed about the same. I will say one thing for it: I believe it kept it at that level for a while. While it did not very much reduce the amount of acne I had, I think it might have kept too many new blemishes from coming up. Still, I had significant breakouts on my chin, cheeks, and forehead. Perhaps that effect was just because it would reduce the pimples, and new ones would for quickly. If you are looking to find a product that simply gets rid of all your pimples, this might not be the product for you. However, it seems to keep acne pretty much at bay.

As to the pro some people are listing, Neautrogena Rapid Clear is not a maximum strength formula. If you are going for maximum strength over the counter, Clearasil is usually better. The Rapid Clear product is actually rather mild in comparison to some. If you are looking for the most strength possible in a cream, you will want to visit your doctor and gets some Differin. Differin is the strongest cream there is, and it is better at knocking out pimples than this. You have to be willing to pay for it and the visit to the dermatologist to get it, but Neutrogena Rapid Clear is pricey already, and doesn't work nearly as well.

However, I was rather happy with how it made my pimples appear less red. Like most acne treatments, it probably had a bleaching agent. This chemical bleaches your skin to take away the discoloration and redness of the pimples. It is quite hard to keep a tan when you're using this, but it still works well on the pink and red of the blemishes. If you're uncomfortable with the bleaching agent, you should be warned that most creams, peerscription and non-perscription, will bleach your skin. It is quite hard to find a good acne cream that will not bleach.

I never had a problem with this drying out my skin. That might be because I had quite oily skin at the time I used this. If you have naturally dry or skin with regular oil levels, you might get a little dried out. However, if you have oily skin, it should not be much of a concern. This cream is not strong enough to dry out oily skin. Only something prescription strength like Differin has done that to me. I have not had a problem with skin irritation on this either, also because the chemicals are not strong enough. However, how this will dry you out depends on your skin type. You might want to find out what your skin type is before deciding on a product. Overall, this product is much more gentle than most, even out of over the counter creams.

The texture of the cream is very nice. It goes on thick and smooth and spreads well. However, you will want to work it and spread it in to your skin as much as you can. If you do not spread a patch in, it simply sits on top of your skin in a white, sticky clump. However, if you are simply sure to work it in to your skin with your fingers, this should not be a problem. When you spread it and let it dry, it is completely clear. You can barely tell that its there.

Overall, I found this to be an all right product. It is by no means magic as far as clearing up your pimples in 8 hours. They may appear a tiny bit smaller in the morning, but it does not have the effects we all dream of. This might work for you if you have very mild acne, but not for those of us who are constantly fighting it. If you want better results, get a stronger cream or visit your doctor and get a very strong cream of antibiotic. Those are the only things that works on strong acne.

As I have said, perhaps my results are not typical. I have gone through several products, pills, and creams in the last 3 1/2 year to no avail, and my acne kept coming back once the first effects of all the products wore off. The one thing that finally cleared up my skin was the harsh Accutane pills. Accutane is the only thing that could clear up the skin of me, my sister, or my brother. It is the strongest stuff the make. If you have very mild acne, this may very will work.

I hope this has been helpful to some of you looking for a good product to clear up your acne. I know it doesn't work the same for everyone, but I am glad you took the time to read my humble opinion on Neutrogena Rapid Clear Spot Gel.

not amazing

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

This product didn't deliver everything it promised. I found that this product did help clear some of my acne and fade some of my acne scars, but these results didn't happen rapidly. This product is also extremely strong and drying on my skin. I would recommend this product to people with oily, acne prone skin, but I wouldn't recommend this product to people who want to have very fast results.

This product does deliver results (it reduces the size and redness of acne, clears away blemishes over time, and slightly fades acne scars), but the results didn't happen quickly. The formula of this gel is very strong and in my opinion is almost prescription like.

Ease of Application
This gel spreads across your face quickly and easily without the product drying up before it reaches the places you need to put it like many other acne treatments do.

Convenience
This is an effective product, but it doesn't deliver results overnight or even within three days.

Side Effects
This product is extremely strong, and sometimes I felt a burning sensation on my blemishes when I put on this gel. I also noticed my skin started to get extremely dry and flake away.

Immediacy
I found that it took around four days to get any kind of results with this product (and in my opinion this isn't a rapid clear).

nothing happened

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

I get the occasonial blemish, but i have to be careful with the kind of acne products that i apply because they often dry me out and leave me with red flakey skin.
I decided to try Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acen Eliminating Spot Gel because it had a low dose of salyic acid. It also claims that it would deliver ingredients deeper into the skin and clear up pimples faster, which is what I was looking for in an acne product.

I applied the product to a pimple that i could feel coming on and when i woke in the morning the pimple looked even bigger and redder than before. I decided to give it another try so i applied more product the next night, and woke up to the same big, red pimple; and now my skin was getting flakey.

The packaging of the product was poorly designed as well. I tried to squeeze out a pea size drop to apply to my pimples but the gel came pouring out and i lost a huge glob of the product..

Overall this product did nothing to prevent pimples and only made my skin dry and flakey.

works great

from San Diego ca

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

I don't suffer from severe acne I use this product for what it is intended for spot treating my hormonal breakouts. Occasionally I get breakouts around certain times of the month the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel is a big part of my skincare routine. My breakouts get really red, and inflamed. When I use this spot gel my breakout reduces its appearance in size, and the redness calms down I see results in at least two days. When I don't use this product my breakouts take a week to heal so that is a big difference to me. This product comes in a tube, and is a gel it is very gooey, and sticky feeling on the skin. It does not absorb at all it just sits on top of the breakout. This would not be good to use during the day time or under makeup it can make your skin sensitive. I only use this at night as a treatment right after I washed my face. This product contains salicylic acid I have not had any reactions to this ingredient. I was able to find this spot gel at my local drugstore, and it is fairly priced I highly recommend you try it.

Use Every Night

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

I have combination skin and have breakouts every now and then. This really helps to keep the breakouts to a minimum. I wash my face every night and then put this on before I go to bed. When I feel a bump start to appear I put this on and it really helps it to go down quicker. It also helps when you have a dried up pimple and want the scab to go away. It dries it up and then flakes off a few days later. It is pretty strong so I only use it once a day. It can make your skin sensitive to light so if you are out in the sun you should just use it sparingly. I also like that it is fragrance free and you don't feel it on your skin. This is really the only thing that has helped control my breakouts. I do wish it controlled the parts of my face that can get oily. The only downside I can really think of is that it's such a small tube for the price. I definitely recommend this for anyone with mild to moderate breakouts.

• Immediacy:

must have for moderate acne control

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

A friend of mine turned me on to this when she arrived at my office and noticed this enormous pimple on my face. I was self conscious about it all day and when she say it she did not hide her shock well. She told me about this on the spot acne treatment. I had not heard of it before but I immediately went to the drugstore on my lunch break to buy it. It lasts fprever and it works wonders. You apply it multiple times through the day and the next day you see amazing results.

Works great noticeable results in less than 24 hours.

Ease of Application
Easy to use and easy to conceal even the smallest of handbags. Just dab a drop on your fingertip and cover the pimple.

Convenience
You can use this all day and no one will ever notice. It is clear and dries fast.

Side Effects
I had no side effects and I have sensitive skin so I was worried but pleased to find no side affects.

Immediacy
Overnight improvements. Really relieves the irritation and dries out the affected areas.

I did not like this.

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

I am notna fan of the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel. It simply did not work. It smelled horrible. I put it on as a spot treatment and it felt like my skin was burning. My pimple did not go away, it actually got worse. After a little while it just got really red and started to hurt. This product dried out my skin super bad. I would have been better off leaving my blemish alone and letting it clear up over time. After I used this spot gel it looked like I had a giant blister on my face. Usually Neutrogena is a goo, trusted brand, but I will not use this product ever again.

• Immediacy:

Not as rapid as the name suggests.

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

On one of my grocery runs, I was in the skin care section and saw this on one of the shelves and thought to buy it. Now, I was getting ready for a big formal event with my family in about a week and wanted to clear up my face a bit to look a little more professional, so this influenced my decision to buy Neutrogena's Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel. So, I would apply some every day, as directed on the bottle, and waited a few days for my blemishes to clear up. The problem is that the results came on very slowly. I am not the most acne-affected person I know, but it took four days for my small pimples alone to get cleared up. The larger ones stayed about the same size as well. So, when the day of the party came, I didn't have the skin that I wanted. It turns out that this product takes a few weeks, at least, to clear up all acne, which is a shame because it promises rapid effects. So, it works on clearing up blemishes, but it takes longer than one would expect.

It is rapid but rough

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

I purchased Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel to treat blackheads when I really do not need them. Like if I have a blackhead coming and I want it to bi fixed fast. Well, the name says it, it is rapid. It feels like it burns my skin out. It is very itchy when you apply it. I think it is a good sigh that it is working. Then, I can see a blackhead gets dry as well as an area around it. You have to be very precise in applying Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel, so you do not have dry skin around afterwards. I honestly, did not not like it. It seem too strong for a gentle face skin. I ended up applying moisturizer on top of it, which kind of not that great. I think Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel would be great for people with sensitive skin.

It is effective but make the area around the spot super dry

It is easy

Convinient

Side Effects
Dryness of skin

Good

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel Review

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

I do love Neutrogena products. I have many items of this brand that works well with my skin. This product is one of them. I switch spot treatment products every couple months just to see which treatment is faster. This product works well for me. I actually get smaller pimples and less redness in less than a day of putting it on. Of course, all you have to do is wash your face before you put it on. Then you would have to put a tiny amount of 'gel' into your index finger and place it on your blemish and/or pimples or even redness spots. I do this every other day or sometimes every night so I wouldn't be out in the sun when I use it. It works well with my sensitive skin and would recommend it to anyone who needs some fast results within a day.

Results within a day! I love it!

Ease of Application
You have to wash your face first. Then apply a small amount to blemish and/or pimple or redness area.

Convenience
Very convenient! It's small enough to bring anywhere.

Side Effects
Not many side effects. Haven't had any.

Immediacy
Works within a day. I would say that is quite fast.

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Gel Works Great for Me

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

I have suffered from mild to moderate acne for much of my life. One of the few benefits of getting older is that my face does not break out as much as it used to. I no longer need to use acne control products on a daily basis, and in fact I can’t because those products are too drying for my aging skin. However, for those times when I do have a breakout, I keep a bottle of Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel handy. I generally will only get a blemish or two either when I’m stressed out or around that time of the month. This gel really makes a difference overnight. If I apply the gel when the pimple is just starting to appear, it will sometimes disappear, or at least not get very big. If the pimple has already appeared, I can apply the gel and the redness will be reduced by the next day and usually the pimple will heal within two or three days, instead of the week or so it would sometimes take before I discovered the gel. I like that I can apply the gel just where I need it so it doesn’t dry the surrounding skin. I also like that the gel dries quickly so that I can use it in the morning underneath my makeup.

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel is a great product for someone like me who only experiences occasional blemishes. I think it would also work well for those who need extra treatment for those stubborn pimples that pop up even when using a regular acne treatment regimen. I wish this product had been around when I was younger.