Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Pros

Cons

Suitable For Daily Use

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion:

I began using this item a few months ago in the look for a product to help diminish acne and acne scars. This product was not as harsh on my sensitive skin as some of the other acne products on the market. I have found that it is a good and suitable product for people with acne prone skin that can be used at night and along with your foundation or makeup in the day. I have found that it does help diminish the appearance of scaring over time by drying the skin and it will begin to peel to allow for new fresh skin to appear. As with any product it takes time and is not the fastest acting agent on the market. I find it mid grade compared to others I have used, but it is suitable for daly use without a lot of irritation. If you are looking for a miracle treatment, this is not it, as I said before it takes a lot of time to see the positive effects of this product.

Convenience
Very convenient for its purpose and ease of use.

Side Effects
Did not experience a lot of side effects with this product.

My go-to acne lotion

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion:

Out of all the different acne products that I use, the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Lotion is by far my favorite. It is something that I use twice a day, every day, and I love my skin as a result. The lotion was recommended to me a friend, who also really loved it. I too, would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a daily acne lotion for their skin.

Out of the different products that I use, this lotion is the one that makes the most difference. After I began using it, I saw a huge improvement in my skin. It really helped hydrate my skin and reduce the number of breakouts that I had.

Ease of Application
All you have to do is rub it on your face. It could not get much easier than that.

Convenience
I keep it in my medicine cabinet and use it twice a day, once in the morning and once before I go to bed. I feel that it is very convenient.

Side Effects
I have not had any side effects when using this lotion.

Immediacy
I saw a huge difference in my skin just a few days into using it on a daily basis.

• Immediacy:

I prefer peroxide to salicylic acid and this product is why

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion:

I used this product at night after washing my face and my face had a terrible greasy feeling when I woke up in the morning. My face acne did not get any better or worse while using this product. I am going to stick to using some thing with peroxide instead or the acid.

I did not notice a difference either way. My skin did not look any better or worse while using this product it just kind of stayed the same.

Ease of Application
This product was easy to apply but there is a clear liquid that comes from the bottle when I squeeze it before the lotion actually comes out. I do not know if the lotion is breaking apart from the acid in the bottle or if it is bad.

Convenience
Convenience is the one thing this product does have. It is easy to use but makes my face oily and it smells weird.

Side Effects
I did not notice and side effects from using this product but then again I did not notice a difference either way. My skin did not look better or worse than before I started using it.

Immediacy
I did not notice a difference. My sister said that she used this product and it made her skin break out like she had a sunburn. I would not recommend using this product.

• Immediacy:

The only acne lotion I will use

from Overland Park, KS

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion:

I have tried multiple brands of acne lotion and have either been disappointed in their performance or I've had an allergic reaction to them. I decided to try the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne lotion and was not disappointed. As long as I remember to put it on everyday, it helps to prevent any breakouts from forming and reduces ones that have already started. It really does go on like lotion and doesn't leave my face dry or oily like other brands have. I also have really sensitive skin and have not had any reaction to this. I even gave some to my mom, who had a rare breakout, and it helped her as well.

You have to remember to use it daily to be the most effective, but as long as you do, it helps keep your skin clear.

Ease of Application
Goes on exactly like lotion, couldn't be easier.

Convenience
Comes in a squeeze bottle.

Side Effects
I have very sensitive skin and have had reactions to other acne medications, but have had none with this product.

Immediacy
It says it works in 8 hours to reduce redness, but I would have to say I don't see a noticeable difference until 24 hours, but I may just be expecting too much to happen.

• Immediacy:

Lotion good for acne prone skin

from Reynoldsburg, OH

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion:

This lotion is light and doesn't seem to clog my pores like other lotions do. I'm not sure if it's all that moisturizing, but I definitely can tell the difference if I use it or not. If I don't use lotion my face feels tight and this lotion doesn't make my face feel tight. However, after a little while, if I don't put on makeup, my skin might feel a little dry but I think that's due to the acne fighting agent in the lotion. I don't know. I just know I really like the lotion better than any other lotion I have tried since it never seems to be the culprit behind breakouts.

works well, but can be harsh

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion:

So I was excited to try this!  I like Neutrogena.  I haven't used the acne line in a lot of year, but unfortunately, along with aging skin seems to come acne... yuck.  So here I am in my 30's using acne products again.

This seems to work as well as most other salycilic products.  Not especially fast or effective, but not bad either.  I do like the applicator and the bottle.  I like the pricing, I used a coupon and was able to get it pretty inexpensively.

It hasn't stained or bleached anything.  It seems to dry reasonably fast on the skin- i just use it at night on specific spots.  I don't know that i would try it over a very large area because it does seem to be somewhat drying.

Still, I am pretty fond of neutrogena products, so I will continue usig it as it's not too harsh, nor too smelly, nor too expensive.  and I like the bottle, although I know that shouldn't really matter too much!

Awesome Product

from Roanoke Rapids, NC

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion:

I love this product.  It doesn't take much to cover my face and it works great.  I usually put it on before I apply my makeup and it also helps to keep that in place.  If I have a trouble spot I just dab it on and usually within the day its hardly noticeable.  The second time I have used this product I have also used the Neutrogena Advanced Solutions.  The solutions don't really work to well on their own for me but after I wash my face I apply the Rapid Clear and it helps back up the Advanced Solutions products.  Neutrogena is the only brand for my acne problems.