Other Toners:

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner

Pros

Cons

Neutrogena Toner: My Skin Has Never Looked So Refined

**Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner** is the second step of my daily skin care regimen.  I wash with a basic gentle cleanser, and then follow with a swipe of Neutrogena toner.  The included alpha- and beta-hydroxy ingredients have helped keep my oily skin clear and smooth.  I love that it zaps excess oil and makeup without leaving my face with that "stripped" feeling that can happen with some toners.

Since I have been using **Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner**, my skin seems brighter and less dull.  Luckily, I'm blessed with good genes so I can't give Neutrogena all of the credit, but it has mad a visible difference. However, it doesn't really live up to the claim that your pores will be minimized.  You do get some temporary shrinkage, but nothing miraculous.

The only issue I have with the toner is that after prolonged use, my skin can start to feel a little sensitive.  There are some ingredients in the formula that can contribute to skin sensitivity (SD Alcohol, AHA, and BHA).  When I think my skin needs a break, I temporarily switch to a natural, plant extract toner like [Boots Botanics][1] until my skin calms down.  Then it's back to Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner.  I'm really a die-hard fan of this product.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Boots-Botanics-Complexion-Refining-Toner-review-9d7c0

Clogs Pores, Does Not Refine Them

My dissatisfaction with **Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner** is partially my fault because I purchased it in haste without checking out its ingredients.

This is not an oil-free toner. For anyone with...Read complete review

This is not an oil-free toner. For anyone with combination or even slightly oily skin, this is the wrong product to use. My skin is combination - that means oily on my forehead and nose. After only two uses of this toner, I started to break out, and my pores were not "refined" in the least. I didn't expect my pores to get minimized, however, I just use toners to help remove excess oil before going to sleep. This toner did the exact opposite.

Those with normal or dry skin might benefit from Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, unfortunately I am not one of them.

Stings my skin a little bit

Comments about Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner:

The Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner did indeed make my pores smaller and didn't clog my pores. However, I was displeased to notice that my skin stung after using the toner and didn't feel good. The Neutrogena toner probably isn't suitable for people with super sensitive skin such as myself.

• Ease of Application:

Not good for large pores.

Comments about Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner:

I actually used to swear by Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, now, not so much. It has a light, easy to bare scent. It feels gentle enough, but, if you have acne prone skin like me, the addition of alcohol in this product, will cause a slight sting. It gives a refreshing glow immediately after applying to the face, but, is not one of those all day glows. After using the product for a couple of years, I decided to part ways, my pores were still being clogged and growing larger even still. I'm sure it would be a great astringent for someone with normal skin.

Very nice!

Comments about Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner:

Overall, this is a really good product. It does a good job of cleaning out your pores and does leave them visibly somewhat smaller. It leaves your skin feeling a little plumper because it cleans and moisturizes at the same time. Refreshing but calming, very nice.

This really does work. I like the cleanliness it brings, right down to the smallest pore. It's not dramatically effective, but it does a good job as a toner. I always feel a little more put together when I include this in my cleansing/makeup regimen.

Not crazy about the scent, but I don't dislike it either. I would prefer it to be a bit more netural.

Ease of Application
Easy to use, but it does take a little while to dry up, so a little goes a long way!

Neutrogena

Comments about Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner:

Well, it's Neutrogena. That should say enough for you to make your decision. I have found that people either really love this brand or they really hate this brand. I personally like these products. Neutrogena seems to be a trustworthy brand for me. This pore refining toner is right around the quality of the rest of their products. It's a liquid you use after you cleanse your face. It seems to help with the size of your pores somewhat, and helps to even out my normally red cheeks. But I feel like I have to use so much over and over just to achieve any results. It's somewhat inexpensive compared to other toners on the market but I was not crazy about this one. I would prefer to buy regular witch hazel to do the same job. I was not crazy about the smell of this Neutrogena toner either. I would not recommend it for someone who is looking for immediate results for large pores, blackheads, or other blemishes. It's for someone who has nice, even skin and wants to keep it that way. It never hurts you to add toner into your everyday skin care routine but I would recommend a different toner.

Love it!

from florida, USA

Comments about Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner:

This toner performs very well!

With consistent use, it did make my pores smaller. It also helps to clear acne by removing dead skin and makeup residue.

It has a strong alcohol smell. Because there is so much alcohol, I do not think it would be the best option for sensitive skin.

Ease of Application
Wipe the toner onto your face with a cotton round after cleansing and before moisturizing.

Neutorgena Toner

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner:

Great toner....no alcohol to dry out your skin and it is not expensive at all! I have used this toner for about 20 years and periodically in the past have used others and I kept coming back to this one. I have STOPPED looking and will use this toner forever!

Does exactly what it says!

very mild scent

Just use a cotton pad

Great Product!

from Uniontown, PA

Comments about Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner:

I love this product! It deep cleans, never dries my skin, and people compliment me all the time on my complexion.

It's amazing how much dirt this product cleans out of my pores.

It has a very light, clean scent.

Ease of Application
I put a little bit on a cotton ball and clean away.

Clogs Pores, Does Not Refine Them

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Not bad.

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner:

This isn't a bad product. I just bought it by recommendation from a friend. It doesn't do any thing miraculous for me, and as far as pore minimizing goes, I don't see any change. Now I'm just trying to use up this bottle. If I don't have sensitive skin but I always use sunscreen after using this (as it says in the back).

I only use this to remove everything that my cleansers leave behind, which it does a good job as. This contains fragrance (which smells pretty good and fresh) so if your skin is already sensitive, it might react badly to this product.

Will I buy this again? Probably not. I might just try something more natural like rose water or which hazel (which this product also contains but I'm looking for a purer form). I do love those Clinique toners from the 3-Step Skincare line of theirs. Just too pricy for me though. But for now, I'll stick to using this up and sunscreen to see if it improves my skin's condition.

Neutrogena Toner: My Skin Has Never Looked So Refined