3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

My back is bringing sexy back!

**This product in a nutshell: **rocks the casbah!  I cannot scream the powers of this body wash enough.  Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash is my secret weapon to treat and prevent body acne while keeping my skin clean, smooth, and odor-free.  During the summertime, I tend to get some acne bumps on my back where my bra hits me.  This is most likely due to sweat and bacteria building up underneath the elastic.  This body cleanser works wonders to rid my back of that hideous backne just in time for halter top season!  The luxurious foaming action of this cleanser combined with the light, fresh scent makes my shower time an enjoyable experience - I don't get the feeling I'm using an acne medication at all!

**Instructions for use:**  In the shower, pour a dollop of this body wash in your body poof or washcloth.  I add a bit of water to lather the poof.  After massaging into wet skin, I stand away from the shower stream for 2-3 minutes.  This step is absolutely vital because it allows for the acne medicine to really sink into my skin.  Consistency is also really important when using this product.  You will not see positive results if you are only using this product once every few days.  I used up approximately half the bottle before I saw a difference in the skin on my back, bum, arms, and shoulders.  After rinsing, pat dry with a clean towel.

**Other tips and tricks:**  Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash can also be used as a shave gel.  Due to the concentrated amount of salicylic acid, this wash exfoliates as it cleanses, making it an ideal shaving product.  Even for the bikini area!  I get a close, smooth shave with absolutely no razor bumps.  Ingenious!  Too bad it doesn't come in a bigger container.  During the summer, my husband uses this body wash also and we go through a bottle every 7-10 days!

Neutrogena body wash helps, but not enough to get us hooked

I purchased this product for my husband to help treat his moderate body acne. He had previously tried several other similiar products, but most of them were rather harsh on his skin or just didn't work very well.  I saw the Neutrogena body wash and decided to see if it would help.  He tried it for about two months and liked it, but we did not buy more.  The body wash helped some to clear up his acne and didn't dry out his skin, but it did not clear everything up. We would recommend this product for mild to moderate acne, but not for severe acne.  The price is a little on the high side, depending on where you buy it, but it isn't too outrageous.  If you're looking for a basic body wash to help with acne this is a good product.  I will say also, that the product size is a little small so if you will be using it on a regular basis then you will probably have to stock up or buy often.  Overall, I would recommend this product even though it wasn't quite right for us.

A good basic face wash for normal skin types

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:

I have been using this face wash for over a year, ever since my skin started to act like I was 14 instead of 30 (something that never happened when I was a teenager). It does a decent job of cleaning my skin without drying it out. I can use it twice a day without any issues - something that I have not been able to say for most other face wash products. Usually after about a week of use my skin is dry and peeling, which is not the case with this Neutrogena face wash. It dispenses nicely (I use about one pump per face wash) and lathers well, even in hard water (which is the case in my home). It rinses cleanly and does not irritate my eyes very much. As far as preventing/clearing acne - I would say it is average. By itself I have not had much luck keeping my skin clear. I have had to add a topical treatment containing 10% benzyl peroxide to help keep my skin clear. Overall, I have been pleased with it and do intend to continue using it for the foreseeable future.

• Immediacy:

works miracles making my face feel clean

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:

I wear a lot of foundation on my face so I get a lot of acne and blackheads. My face is normally oily so when I seen this Neutrogena oil free acne wash I just had to buy it. I love how lightweight it is and only one pump is all I need. I like how it lathers very well and gets deep into my pores making my face feel fresh and very clean. I have noticed a big difference in my face, its not so oily anymore and I don't have a lot of clogged up pores. It really does an amazing job clearing up all of the acne I had. My face looks a lot clearer and my complexion looks beautiful. I don't have to worry about getting anymore pimples because this face wash prevents them from getting any bigger. Its fragrance free so it doesn't have any harsh smell to it. I would definitely buy this face wash again. I recommend it to anybody that has an oily face or if you have a lot of pimples. It really works and I can honestly say its a well trusted brand that I can count on.

• Immediacy:

clears breakouts quickly and keeps breakouts in check

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:

I've been using this product for about four years. I have oily, acne prone skin and suffer from chronic breakouts. This face wash really cleans out pores and removes excess oil. If I didn't use this product regularly, my entire face would probably be covered in black heads and white heads, but since I started using this face wash, I have only one or two blemishes that clear up within one or two days.

This really makes a difference in my skin care routine. I no longer have to search for the perfect cleanser that will actually have a lasting effect on treating acne. I found the perfect one that treats breakouts now, and prevents future ones.

Ease of Application
It is a foaming cleanser, and is easy to apply.

Convenience
It makes a difference in my life, and I no longer have to worry about breaking out.

Side Effects
Occasional dryness may occur,but it really clears out acne, so I stick with it.

Immediacy
Clears severe breakout in weeks. Clears blemishes in days. Keeps future breakouts in check.

great face wash

from San Diego ca

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:

The Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash is great for my dry skin it doesn't strip moisture away, but at the same time it helps to treat my acne blemishes. It does an excellent job at removing dirt, and makeup. I love using this acne wash in the shower my pores open up in the hot steam giving the acne wash a better penetration deep into my pores. I massage this all over my face until it creates a rich lather then I rinse it away my face feels squeaky clean when I touch it. I can really feel a difference to how clean my face feels how smoother it is now than it was before I started using this product. The smell is very strong, and medicinal but it washes away so I can't notice it anymore. The product comes in a pump bottle I use about one pump each time I use it morning, and night. In about three days of using this acne wash my acne dries up, and goes away. It is oil-free does not clog my pores at all my skin doesn't feel irritated from using it. I recommend this product to anyone who wants to treat breakouts effectively.

Decent But Not Great Cleanser for Acne-Prone Skin

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:

I consider Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Acne Wash to be a decent cleanser for oily and acne-prone skin but not an exceptionally effective one. It is a bit too expensive for what it does; even though it is a drug store brand, which is priced lower than many skincare solutions, the other drug store options that are cheaper seem to be equally or more effective than this one. I like that it doesn’t irritate the skin, which is a frustrating side effect of so many acne products. However, it also does not give your skin any dramatic improvement either. It seems to help clear up existing pimples but does not assist with preventing new ones from forming. Therefore, while your skin may shortly appear clear, new pimples quickly return. The smell is pretty foul as well. It is an average day to day cleanser, and perhaps if you have very mild acne, this cleanser would serve you well, but for anyone with moderate to severe acne, it is not much help.

• Immediacy:

Wonderful cleanser for sensitive skin

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:

I have used this face wash for years. I have long-term acne that started when I was a teenager and continues into my adulthood. I have acne and wrinkles, and the sacyclic acid in this cleanser is good for people whose skin is in this awkward transition period. This cleanser is very gentle on my especially sensitive skin. It never causes more irritation than it treats. It works well in conjunction with other cleansers that I only use occasionally, for instance ones that exfoliate. Sometimes I get the wash in my nose and it causes me to feel like I have a cold for an hour. But I think any cleanser that bubbles and foams that much is going to start popping into your nose a little bit. I don't mind the smell, though it's a bit like iodine and may remind you of hospitals. No one who has ever borrowed or used this product has ever had any complaints. It is suited to a reasonable diversity of skin types. It isn't too girly for a man to use. All in all I am very happy with this product and will continue to use it for years to come. And I often recommend it wholeheartedly.

neutrogena face wash

from Georgia

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:

Neutrogena oil-free face wash worked pretty okay initially by reducing the amount of oil in my skin, therefore reducing my acne. However, after two weeks my face became oilier and actually started getting more cystic acne bumps. I wouldn't recommend this for acne users with oily skin. It may just work for those who already have dry skin but for me it caused more breakouts and I have oily skin. The price of this produce was very affordable, however, but I do not think I will try this product again just based on the experience I had with it. Overall, it didn't really clear my skin at all but I will say that it has worked for some of my friends. The product had a nice refreshing smell to it but lacked effectiveness. The side effect I got from this was an initial drying of the skin and then an increased production of oil on the skin causing more inflammation. I wouldn't use this product again, however.

• Immediacy:

Best acne wash I have ever used!

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:

I have always had bad problems with acne. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash is by far one of the best facial cleansers I have ever experienced. It cleans and protects my face from breakouts. It is very simple to apply and does not have complicated instructions. I can always find it at a local Walmart. It does not dry my face out, like every other acne product that I have tried. I recommend this product to anyone.

This cleanser cleans and protects my fave from breakouts.

Ease of Application
I use this facial cleanser while I am in the shower. It is simple to use and does not have to sit on your face for a set amount of time in order to work.

Convenience
I can always find this product at any store I go to. I do not have to spend forever searching for it.

Side Effects
Every other acne cleanser that I have used has dried my face out. This type has not.

Immediacy
You have to use this product for a little while before you can tell a difference. It will not change overnight, but it will help in the long run.

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:

I have used Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash many times over the years. Every couple of years or so, I buy this again forgetting how horrible it was.

This is effective at preventing breakouts, but it does not clear up existing ones. I also had some really bad side effects with it.

Ease of Application
It is easy to apply. I like that it comes in a little pump, but sometimes it can pump out too much, and then I end up wasting some.

Convenience
It's convenient and very accessible. The price isn't bad either.

Side Effects
The side effects were horrible. First, it burned my face as soon as I put it on. My face was red while it was on my face, but it was even more red when I washed it off. My face felt so hot too. I didn't really care about the burning because I'm always desperate to clear up my skin. After a couple weeks of using it, my face began to peel so badly.

Immediacy
It keeps my face from getting new breakouts, but it does not clear up existing break outs at all.

Great for mild acne

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:

I used this before I developed severe acne. It seemed to work great and keep my skin under control. My skin seemed to take a turn for the worse after I had my first child so I had to see a dermatologist and switch to medical prescription treatments for my face. My brother still uses this everyday in the shower and before bed and still seems to work for him!

Works wonderfully.

Simple to use.

Convenience
Easy to keep in the shower and use everyday or next to your sink.

Side Effects
No side effects maybe some drying of the skin.

Immediacy
Keep at it and you will see the change.