3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Soothes Teenage Angst

All 3 of my teens use this wash and love it.  The Neutrogena Oil Free Grapefruit Acne Wash has a great scent, lathers nicely and does not dry out their skin even in the winter.  My younger daughter has fairly sensitive skin and my son has very dry skin in the winter and this cleanser manages to keep their breakouts under control without causing flaking.  The price is right, too.  We have used far more expensive face washes and they keep coming back to this one.

This product tore up my skin!

I've been using regular Neutrogena soap (liquid pump version) for years.  But one week I had trouble finding it at my usual stores, so I picked up the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, thinking "How different can it be?"

Whoa!  I had a horrible reaction - almost allergic - and woke up puffy under my eyes, with small read hive-like bumps that took almost a week to go away completely (after I searched the kingdom for my plain old Neutrogena).

Good daily cleanser

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

First of all and most noticeably, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser smells great. Usually with acne cleansers you get a strong chemical smell, or at least a sort of unpleasant smell, but this product is totally fresh and fruity. This product also has scrub and cream cleanser versions, and while this is a really great product, it's probably my least favorite of the three. It doesn't have the exfoliating action of the scrub, or the creamy, rich feeling of the cream cleanser. It's still a very effective cleanser, but just doesn't have those special features of the other versions. If you love the original Neutrogena cleanser but hate the smell, this would be perfect for you. As with the other versions of the cleanser, I think this works much better as a treatment to prevent acne and for daily cleansing than it does to treat breakouts that have already happened, or do any heavy-duty treatment.

Acne wash

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

I get stress break outs often and tend to break out a lot in late summer and fall. So every year I change up my routine and buy new products to try to prevent this from happening. I bought this cleanser this past summer and while yes it did clear up my acne breakouts and helped my face stay clear, it also really dried out my skin. I did continue to use it until the cool weather came and just used a really good moisturizer. I used it twice a day and saw results in my skin within a week. This would be a great cleanser for someone with oily skin who also suffers from breakouts. The grapefruit in it left my skin feeling super clean and slightly tingly.

Did wonders on my acne breakouts but also dried my skin out.

Ease of Application
I put one pump of the cleanser into my palm and then using my fingertips rubbed on my wet face.

You can definitely smell the grapefruit in this cleanser. It has a nice light citrus scent to it.

• Ease of Application:

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser wakes you up!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser is a great product. It cleans skin. And has an amazing scent. It is a very effective cleanser. It isn't harsh or overly drying. It is soothing to skin. Works great.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser Cleans skin without irritating. No dry, tight skin. I believe this product unlike some is perfect for all skin types. I don't think it would pose a problem with anyone's skin. It is an overall basic cleanser that works very well.

Ease of Application
I love the consistency of this product. It goes on skin easily and rinses just as well.

The scent is amazing. It is without a doubt my favorite thing about this particular product. The scent alone would make me purchase this particular cleanser. It is my favorite scent out of any facial product on the market. I wish they all had this same scent. It's invigorating! It makes you and your skin want to wake up!

Nice Product.

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser is another great product from the Neutrogena brand. This product works great on all skin types. This includes oily skin, dry skin, combination skin and sensitive skin types. It comes in a transparent container that makes the cleanser looks appealing to the eyes. It is highly effective in eliminating and as well as preventing further occurrence of acne. It also makes the face smooth and free from all sorts of blemish. It is very easy to apply to the face. I will recommend the use of cotton buds for easy application in order to remove first from the face and allow the cleanser to penetrate into the pores for deep cleansing. The scent is fruity and pleasant as well. Apart from acne control, it also helps in removing dead skin cells from the face as well. I will recommend it to anyone that desires smooth and clear looking face that is affordable and readily available.

Better but classic

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

I have used Neutrogena for a long time, but just recently switched over to the Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser. I have to say it was the best choice I made! It has all the same great qualities that the classic Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash has, but it has a sweet fruity smell! It is so much easier to wash your face thoroughly without having the urge to rinse the horrible smelling formula off your face. It makes you feel like you are submerging your face into a sweet snack. I love that it has the very small exfoliation in it because you cannot overdo the scrubbing and make your skin turn raw/red. I have never had a problem with irritation either. The cleanser gets deep down into pores and has helped keep any acne breakouts down for me. It is gentle enough to use twice a day or more without any ill side effects. I'm so glad I tried this formula and I recommend it to you too.

THIS PRODUCT STINKS....literally!

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

I love the original (non-grapefruit) smell of this face wash!

It doesn't work as well as the original and it smells HORRIBLE! It's is also very drying to the face...as is the original but the perfume i it makes it worse.

Ease of Application
Easy to use, of course, it's soap :)

STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like I should wash off the smell.

• Ease of Application:

For people suffering with the worst kind of acne

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

Let me just state for all those negative reviews from people that used this Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser for just minor pimples were using the wrong product for their face as it is for “Acne” as in hundreds of pimples ravaging your face not a few tiny ones. It’s like applying bleach on a tiny food spill – it’s just over kill. I myself had used the wrong product for my face when using this acne wash facial cleanser as I only experienced the few odd pimples on my face. So when I experienced the rough dry skin after using this facial cleanser and I even got more pimples appearing on random areas of my face, I believe it was my fault for using the wrong product for just a few pimples on my chin because I am certain if I had severe acne that this Neutrogena product would have worked marvellously. So overall its smells lovely and it’s a brand that I have bought frequently of in the past and I had the notion that it would prevent further break outs and perhaps get rid of the tiny black heads I have over my nose which in this case it didn't. I recommend this product for those suffering the worst case scenario of acne not slight pimples.

nice neutrogena

from Edina, MN

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser is a great wash for oil skin that tends to breakout. This wash is soft on your skin and smells really nice! One pump is enough for your face so it lasts a long time. You can get it at a good price so it is nice to have one by your sink and one in the shower. This was leaves your skin feeling cleansed, fresh and with no oil, but does not leave your skin dehydrated as some others do. I like that the pump helps you get the last bit of product out of the bottle so that none is wasted. It is a great product for my oily skin and helps to keep the oil and breakouts to a minimum and under control. Great for teenagers as well who go through that stage of breakouts and oily skin. It is non-irritating and the aroma of the product does not bother the skin either. Its fun and relaxing to use.

Great, fresh and clean.

Simple.

Yum, smells great!

Great Cleanser for a Morning Wake-Up

from Grand Rapids, MN

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

I love Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser! It has the same, super effective active ingredient as the original orange facial cleanser, but with a much more pleasing scent. It is advertised as a facial cleanser, but can be used on your back and chest and any acne prone area of your body.

The active ingredient in this product is salicylic acid. This is an ingredient that dermatologists recommend for treating acne. It works well for smoothing out the texture of your skin. It can be a little bit drying, so is extremely effective for oily prone skin.

Ease of Application
The pump bottle top makes use easy, whether that be using your hands for application, washcloth or scrub pad. It also sits easily on the countertop or in the shower. It rinses off pretty easily too.

It truly smells like fresh grapefruit! I love to use it in the morning for this reason. It makes me think of breakfast, warmth and sunshine!

Good cleanser, bad smell

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

In theory, I should like this product. I usually love anything grapefruit scented, and I usually love Neutrogena products. However, the "pink grapefruit" in Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser is not a natural smell at all. The scent reminds me of a combination of plastic and something gone rancid. Unlike most other cleansers I've used, including Neutrogena's, the scent of this one lingers on the skin after I've washed it off. I rarely waste a product that I've spent money on, and will use something up even if I don't like it, but I really couldn't stand the smell of this cleanser, and had to give it away. On the positive side, if you can stand the smell, the cleanser does a good job cleansing and is great for oily skin. It is a gel cleanser that rinses clean, doesn't leave a residue, but doesn't strip the skin and leave it feeling tight like some acne cleansers do. The pump dispenser is handy on a counter top, but you'll be unable to get all of the product out of the bottle and so some will be wasted.