4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Say Bye to Acne and Hello to Smoother Skin

I have been a long time fan of Paula Begoun, author of "*Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me."*  For years, she has advised that exfoliation should be an important part of your daily skin care regimen.  Exfoliation sloughs off dead cells so that the younger, fresher skin can be revealed. I used to use an AHA product containing glycolic acid to exfoliate, but then I realized it doesn't work as effectively on my oily skin as a BHA product would.  After reading that Paula Begoun recommended **Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment**, I decided to add it to my regimen and see if it would make a difference.

Boy, did it ever!  The gel-like lotion is very lightweight and contains 2% salicylic acid as the active, exfoliating ingredient.  After cleansing my skin with a gentle soap-free cleanser (I use [Alpha Hydrox White Basic Face Wash][1] ), I applied a squirt of the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control to my fingertips and applied a thin layer to my skin, avoiding the eyes.  I followed the Neutrogena with a touch of [Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel][2] .  That was it.

After a few days, I noticed that the few tiny blemishes I had when I started the routine had all but disappeared.  My skin looks clearer than it ever has in my adult life.  Although the Neutrogena is drying, it doesn't over-dry my skin because there are added moisturizers in the product.  Plus, adding a thin layer of the moisture gel keeps my oily skin fresher, and more balanced.

Overall, I am thrilled with my new skin care regimen.  I realize that what works for me won't necessarily work for everyone.  However, if you have oily-to-combination skin, and you are looking for a product that exfoliates without robbing your skin of needed hydration, I would definitely recommend adding **Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Hydrating Treatment **to your skin care regimen.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Alpha-Hydrox-White-Basic-Face-Wash-review-17fc4

[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Paulas-Choice-Skin-Balancing-Moisture-Gel-review-6ed75

Neutrogena Oil-Free Stress Control 3 in 1 Hydrating Treatment

I have struggled with skin problems for many years - starting during my early teenage years. Like many others, I have probably tried a million and one products drug store products to fix everything from blackheads to cysts. Most of these products have been the same old system: great results and radical skin improvements for about a week or two, then a plateau of decent skin before my skin reverts back to the same old system of bad skin.

This product was exactly the same as other drug store products. I used it with the other Oil-Free Acne Stress Control products (toner, etc.) and was very impressed for the first couple applications. Within the next couple weeks though, my skin reverted back to it's natural state and the product, like so many before it, failed to make much of an effect.

I'm giving this product three stars not because it worked miracles for my skin but because it wasn't a bad product for someone with decent skin; I just happen to suffer from horrid skin problems. The smell and the feel of the products were likewise quite decent - nothing too harsh on the skin and no horrid smells.

A must have in my medicine cabinet

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment:

I have found that Neutrogena makes great products for people that suffer from acne problems. This is one of the best products on the market to help when you feel a pimple starting to come on. I seem to get the type of acne that forms under the skin, becomes very read and really hurts. It not like the type that you can pop and feel some relief, but the ones that really hurt. I simply wash my face, and apply a small drop of this treatment on the pimple a few times a day and can tell the difference. The pimple dries out much faster and is not as painful at all.
I keep this product in my medicine cabinet at all times, and a little really does go a long way. It is more expensive than other drug store brands, but really works and is worth the extra money.

I can tell that this product works to dry out pimples and not make them as noticeable and red.

Ease of Application
This gel is very easy to apply, simply a small dab on the pimple is all you need.

Side Effects
I have never had any redness or irritation from this product.

great

from San Diego ca

I always keep the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment in my medicine cabinet it has always helped my skin when breakouts occur. The formulation is a gel consistency it is light on my skin it doesn't feel greasy or heavy at all. It comes in a tube packaging that makes it easy for me to squeeze out a small dot for each blemish that I have I only need to use a little at a time so it has lasted me forever. If I see a bump starting to form up under my skin I apply this immediately after I wash my face, and keep reapplying a few times a day. The gel penetrates deep into my skin, and helps stop breakouts with 2% salicylic acid. By the next day the acne bump has completely smoothed away before it had to chance to erupt through my skin. I had no redness occur at all or another side effects. This product is very convenient for me during hormonal breakouts. It does have a slight scent to it like medicinal cucumber, but I am not sensitive to the scent at all. I highly recommend this product especially if you breakout under a lot of stress.

Neutrogena Acne Stress control treatment

I am a woman in my 30's and suffer from horrible stress related acne. A lot of the stuff out causes dryness so it's hard for me to find something I really like. I love this Neutrogena 3 in 1 stress control treatment. It's very hydrating, does not leave my face tight or itchy and I actually have seen a difference in my skin texture and the amount of breakouts.

Works well at drying out existing acne and preventing new breakouts. Moisturizes well and neutralizes redness, lives skin feeling cool and refreshed.

Ease of Application
Apply once in morning and once at night after cleansing, a small amount gently rubbed into the face is all you need. Takes just a minute each day.

Convenience
I love products that do more than one thing, I am a busy mom and don't have time to spend applying products. This takes care of my acne needs and moisturizing needs all in one.

Side Effects
I have not noticed any side effects, no drying or flaking of my skin at all. It also did not cause me to break out more.

Immediacy
Took a few weeks to really notice a difference in my skin but it works well so worth the wait!

Great Product!!!

I really loved this product, not only did it clear up my acne, but it made me have a beautiful brighter skin tone :) I felt like I was glowing every day! I did start noticing that my skin went back to having pimples and whatnot after I had stopped using the product, and didn't find it effective for a permanent fix though. I wash my face twice a day with or without this the oil-free wash, but I have a really oily T-zone so I guess that's to be expected with any type of facial wash.

I found this product really effective, until I stopped using this specific product. I switched to another product and didn't find it as effective. I like the smell and clean feeling after using this product and I found that though it didn't help me with my oily skin, it kept my skin glowing and dewy all day.

Ease of Application
I really enjoyed how easy it was to use, and how well it came off after it was put on. Other products sometimes leave this gross film on your face, and I liked how this washed off completely without any residue left behind.

Convenience
I bought this at walmart which was extremely convenient to me. I've seen it in other stores that I've been to including some grocery stores, which is also extremely convenient to me. The only time I haven't been able to find it was when it was sold out of the store.

Side Effects
When I first used this product, I broke out for about a week. After the initial week thought I found my acne was less noticeable and my skin was clear and felt clean and fresh.

Immediacy
Again, after the first week the product starts working. Other people have noticed results immediately, but I started noticing results after the first week.

great product!

I've been using this for years. I have something called Bacne, acne on my back. It gets real bad to the point where it's not comfortable to sleep on my back. My mom actually stumbled upon this product and purchased it for me to try. I'd say within a week I noticed a difference in the comfort of my skin. After using the product for about a month a two, my back cleared right up. I have faint scaring on my back due to the acne, but I'd rather have scaring then acne on my back. The application of this product is very easy. Because it is a gel like liquid, all you do is squeeze a good amount of the product into your hand and apply to the affected area, in my case the back. Smooth it into your skin and just let it do it's thing. It doesn't leave behind a greasy feeling, which is fantastic. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and moisturised as well. What I also love about this product is it didn't cause any side effects. I've used other acne treatments and all they did was cause serious rashes. With this product I experienced none of that. This product worked pretty fast for me, which is another plus for me. As I stated above, I noticed this working within a week and clearing everything up within a month or two. This is. Great product for not only teens, but for adults who suffer as well.

Side Effects
No side effects.

34 years old going on 13

from Columbus, OH

Neutrogena really knows how to make products for people with sensitive skin. I am thirty-four years old and a few months ago my face started breaking out for no apparent reason. The only factor I could figure out is stress. I have five kids and a demanding family schedule so I get little to no time to regroup and relieve stress and tension. I felt like I was a teenager again. I hadn't had acne like this since I went through puberty. It was awful. But the difference between then and now is that with age my skin wasn't healing after the pimples went away. It was leaving scars on my chin and forehead. I was so self conscious and felt embarrassed to go out in public. I went to the local drug store and looked at box after box of acne creams and treatments and decided to go with this Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment. I'm glad I bought it because my face cleared up within a week. It has since stopped breaking out other than the occasional pimple, but I can deal with one. This product is so gentle, doesn't burn or irritate your skin and actually moisturizes and renews your skin. It works!

Side Effects
No redness or rashes or drying out, it's a gentle product that can be used on sensitive skin.

Gentle Yet Effective Acne Treatment

This product has just the right pH level for skin in order to deliver acne fighting ingredients that are extremely effective at killing bacteria. This product is easy to spread on skin, creating a thin layer that fights off acne before the acne has time to get worse. Applying this at night and going to bed will allow your skin to look its very best in the morning. I found it to be most useful at eliminating clogged pores, while the cystic acne can still be persistent since it starts out deep below the skin surface. Now unlike some other acne fighting ingredients and vast amounts of products on store shelves, I found this acne treatment to not be overly drying. Although its best to test out how the skin reacts in the first week, I normally use this treatment two to three times a week. Further use can create minor skin flaking, which makes it difficult for me to apply makeup.

Clear Skin with no Dryness

from Louisville, KY

I've been using the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment for years and can recommend it for anyone who has problems with your skin. I smooth it on at night after cleansing and I know I can trust it to keep my skin blemish-free without overdrying. The light gel smooths on and dissolves instantly, with no stickiness. Some face lotions have a tendency to clog my pores and make me break out even more, but the Neutrogena Stress Control Treatment just seems to work with my skin. It prevents breakouts without making my skin sensitive or making it feel tight or dry. I've been using this product for years, and it seems to maintain its effectiveness even while my skin is starting to age. It doesn't have any noticeable fragrance that could be bothersome to some users. Best of all, It's widely available at drugstores everywhere, and it's an economical way to keep my skin clear. I've tried other more expensive creams and lotions, but I keep returning to Neutrogena!

Immediacy
This is more for a pro-active maintenance step of a skin care regime.

This product is amazing!

This product does exactly what it claims to. I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I have battled acne for years and thanks to this product I not only don't have to deal with it anymore but it has removed the scars of past breakouts. I feel transformed!

Best product ever!

This product not only kills pimples that exist but stop new ones from sprouting up!

Side Effects
Unlike other products, this product doesn't make me peel or turn red. The last thing I want, with my skin, is to be hyper-pigmented or irritated. My skin was still soft and normal! WHOOP!