3.2

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation - All Shades

3.2

Pros

Cons

I like it, once it started coming out!

I bought this **Neutrogena Mineral Sheers - Mineral Powder Foundation **a long time ago.  It just seemed so nice and convenient.  Unfortunately, when I first bought it, I felt like nothing was coming out.  How it works is the bottle full of powder is connected right to the brush.  You "pump" the plastic around the brush to loosen the powder so it comes out through the brush.  I think they had way to much powder in here at first because it seemed like nothing would come out every time I tried.

So this sat in my makeup case for months.  I finally broke it out again a few weeks ago and now suddenly it works!  I think all the time it spent being banged around in my makeup case helped to loosen the powder.  Now it works great, the loose powder goes on my face as I brush and I never have to stop to "dip" into anything because the powder is actually inside the brush.  The downside to the powder being attached is that sometimes I think too much powder is coming out and floating through the air.  I worry about it getting on my clothes so I tend to lean my head back as I apply so that the floating powder is more likely to go straight to my face.

The upside to the brush design is that you can carry the whole thing in your purse, unlike other loose powders which usually come in various pieces.  The lid always stays on tight so there is no fear of it spilling.  However there is no mirror involved so you'll have to carry one separately if you really want to use this on the go.

I use the **Light to Neutral**color and I feel it works great because if you just put on a little, it's light, but you can continue applying to get a more darker finish.  So depending on how made up I want to be, I can just wipe it on once or wipe it on a lot.  However, I tend to just put on a light layer because otherwise it does look a little orangy and "makeupy" after too many layers.

It feels fine on my skin, just like most powders that I have used, and helps keep my skin feeling less oily.  I still would like to try some fancy and more expensive mineral powders, but this is a good cheap option that gives me a decent look.

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Foundation: Not for me

I tried this when the craze of mineral make-up was just starting. The mineral make-up that was being advertised on tv was too expensive for me and I really wanted to find out what the buzz was all about. This was way before I was aware of the deals awaiting consumers and before I discovered couponing so I paid full price for it. I must say I do not like it as much as the other Neutrogena products I've tried. It is good for sensitive skin, I give it that. It also goes on smoothly. The brush attached to the dispenser is also a genius move. It goes on sheer true to its label and you can build on it without getting a thick gunk in a few areas on your face. It has the same properties that the more expensive mineral make-up has. What I do not like about it is that it is not for oily skin like mine. It does not control shine and after an hour or so, my skin looks like it needs to be blotted for oil and shine. So even if it has all the nice properties I mentioned, I do not recommend this product as it does nothing for me, no coverage, no oil control. I would not buy again.

Great for a light glow

from SalemNY

Comments about Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation - All Shades:

I have used the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation for a few years now and have been pretty happy with it. First I use Neutrogena Health skin foundation/tinted moisturizer and then top it off with a few swipes of this to kind of set the other makeup. Neither one has caused my skin to breakout which makes me fairly happy. The sheer powder foundation has light sparkles in it so if that is not something you can stand, this is not for you. I only noticed it while outdoors in my car looking really really closely in the mirror so whike they aren't noticeable, they are there. The brush pops up when the cover is off by sliding it up with your hand which is a neat design. You have to kind of shake the container to get any powder on the brush but it never allows too much product out. This leaves a nice finish without causing my skin to look too done up or oily and a gross mess. My only cons are this is getting harder and harder to find in stores and the powder will shake out if its in your bag. The powder doesnt leave the cap but it can be a mess when you remove the cap. This powder does not have a lot of coverage and I have actually bought darker shades and used them as a light bronzer.

This shouldn't be called a foundation.

from Kansas

Comments about Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation - All Shades:

When all the buzz about the mineral makeup was going on, I was right there wanting to try it all because I thought it would be great. I have rosacea and just sensitive skin overall, so my thought was "YAY! There' going to be a makeup that's going to work well with my skin type!" I was sort of wrong. I got this product on sale luckily. Firstly, the product package just isn't for me. It's a hassle. Second, I know the word "sheers" is in the name of the product but I think no coverage, is a little more than sheer. I put the product on and seriously it did nothing. I was confused and kept looking at the brush to remind myself there was product on it. Then I decided maybe I can just use it as a powder to set a different foundation. So I used an actual foundation and topped it with the Mineral Sheer Powder Foundation. It didn't set it. I'm still confused about the product!? I would never recommend it unless you like invisible foundation.

Not Impressive

Comments about Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation - All Shades:

This is an unimpressive mineral powder that I do not plan to purchase again. This product looks chalky and cakey on my skin, it is impossible to blend, and it offers very poor coverage. I dislike this product, and it is very poorly made as well. The brush on this product loses its bristles like crazy, which leads me to believe that this product was cheaply made. Also, whenever I apply product, it always dispenses way too much product, which is a huge waste in the long run. This mineral foundation finds its way into every little crease in my skin, magnifying it greatly. Plus, it brings out all my dry skin and all the flaking as well. Whenever I apply this product on my face, the product looks splotchy and extremely uneven. Also, the shade selection of this product is poor, and the powder always makes my skin look unnaturally orange. This is a terrible product that I do not recommend. I will never buy it again.

Nice Color, Just don't like the packaging!

Comments about Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation - All Shades:

I love bronzers and wear them daily and this is one that I have in my stash at home. It does give a nice bronzer color without being orange or looking fake. However, enough doesn't come onto the brush for my liking. It is hard to get the product onto the brush so it takes a few times of me applying to get the desired color I am looking for. Once the powder gets onto the brush it is very easy to apply evenly and the brush is soft. This bronzer isn't overly shimmery or glittery like some bronzers I have tried, which I love. It also doesn't cause my sensitive skin any issues. I never have had any trouble with clogged pores or breaking out when using this bronzer. I still use it weekly, but not when I want to look really bronzed because it is such a pain to get all the product I want onto the brush and then onto my skin. I probably won't repurchase unless they decided to change the design of the product.

Not really a good foundation and would not recommend.

Comments about Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation - All Shades:

This product is advertised as being a foundation, so of course I assumed that it would be good for covering my blemishes and making my skin all one even color. When I applied it, it looked very cakey, but it didn't really do anything to cover uneven coloring upon my skin, which was disappointing.

Doesn't give full coverage

Comments about Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation - All Shades:

I used to try different foundations in my lifetime. I came across this Neutrogena mineral sheers powder foundation and I didn't like it at all. I thought it would be gentle on my skin because its by neutrogena but no it made my skin very oily. It didn't give me the full coverage I needed. It was so thin it shouldn't be called a foundation it doesn't cover. It wasn't what I though it would be. You have to shake it a lot for foundation to come out. It has a lot of shimmer in it too. I don't want a bunch of shimmer all over my face. I noticed I broke out in pimples too. The brush is attached to the container so it doesn't come off you can't wash the brush. Your supposed to clean your brushes for foundation so maybe that's why I broke out in pimples because of how you can't take off the brush. The brush isn't soft its kind of hard. It comes with a clear lid to cap the brush. The mineral foundation didn't do any good on my face. I felt like I wasted my money. I wouldn't recoomend this for anybody.

Too thin to tell any difference and a mess when you sweat

Comments about Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation - All Shades:

I have fair skin so most makeup shows thicker on me than some people, I try to avoid heavy foundations and powders for this reason, and I thought this would be a good fit because of that. But all in all it was just not enough to make any difference to me; with mineral makeups I at least see a fine powder on my skin before blending but this just entirely disappeared on my face and I couldn't tell if I had too little on or it just wasn't there until later on when I went to wash it off and then it took on a thicker, sort of clogging; I was surprised that I had to actually use a stronger facial cleaner than usual to get it all off entirely.
I liked it less damp, the it was like attempting to spread mud on my face once I had been out in the sun enough to sweat some around my cheeks, so I'm a little apprehensive about trying this in rain. As it is I never tried to test the idea, after two used I gave this one up and moved on; just wasn't a good product for me.

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Foundation: Not for me

from Austin, TX

Light Neutrogenia Powder is Good

from Holly Springs, NC

Comments about Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation - All Shades:

Neutrogena has several foundations and powders in its line of makeup products, but I gave the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Mineral Powder Foundation a try. Like most mineral powder foundations, it gives a very light, sheer coverage. This is nice if you are looking for light coverage, but for users that need a moderate to heavy coverage for blemishes and such, this is not the powder foundation for you. However, I liked it, especially during the hot summers (no liquid foundation getting runny).

I did find the packaging with the built in brush a bit messy and prefer the Neutrogena compacts where the users uses their own brush. The mineral powder comes in various shades that are easy to match since the container is clear and allows for easy visibility.

Price is comparable to other mineral foundations, however, I think there is LESS product in this specific product, thereby not making it the most cost effective option.

Faithful user

from Portland, OR

Comments about Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation - All Shades:

I have been using Neutrogena Mineral Sheers for a few years now and will continue to use it. I have never been a huge fan of foundation cause it always left a caked on or heavy look.  I would also be insecure half way through the day about having to reapply and retouch. I don't worry about that at all when I use Neutrogena mineral sheers makeup. I love that it gives me great coverage and also looks very natural. It comes in a very convinent all in one container and is super easy to apply and store. I have tried a few other brands of mineral makeup and much prefer neutrogena. It's also very easy to throw in my purse and carry with me for any mid-day touch ups.

The only flaw I can think of it that it's sometimes hard to get the powder out and onto the brush but a good shaking will usually get it out and ready to use.

I don't have the greatest skin but I do feel confident when wearing this product. I use a facial mosterizer first and then apply the mineral sheer next. I then follow up with blush and eye makeup for a nice fresh natural look.