Other Makeup Removers:
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

Pros

Cons

Neutrogena makes removing makeup and hydrating a breeze!

***Quick View:*** I am a big fan of makeup and face wipes. I never go to bed with makeup on but there are nights when I am so tired that washing my face with cleanser and water is a huge hassle. These towelettes are great. They leave my skin hydrated and remove even waterproof eye makeup.

***My Take on Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes***

The first purchase of these towelettes is a plastic tub that contains 25 towelettes in a foil package. After that you can buy refills of 25 in either original scent or night calming scent. The refills are a bit cheaper than the tub and I don't think the tub is necessary. I keep my wipes in a Ziploc bag to keep them moist most of the time. The refill packs also are resealable making the tub even more unnecessary. It's just a plastic tub that opens to reveal the wipes inside. I wouldn't take the wipes out of the foil and assume they will stay moist.

These towelettes are large and thick. They have a light, subtle scent and are quite moist. They effectively cleanse my face of all makeup and residue. I like that they remove regular and even waterproof eye makeup with just a swipe or two. I don't have to rub or tug to get tough makeup off.

The towelettes leave a slight film of hydration on my face which some people may interpret as a greasy film but it isn't. It leaves a nice light moisturizer on the face that, for dry skinned people like me, is most welcome. When I'm really tired, I can cleanse and add a bit of hydration without going through the whole ritual of washing my face and applying moisturizer.

I have never broken out while using **Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes **and my skin has never been irritated from them. One wipe is plenty to do my whole face and neck even if I have a full face of makeup on.

While these are a tad pricier than some brands, for me, they work better because they get rid of the tough eye makeup that is often left behind with regular wipes and they leave behind a bit of hydration.

***My Viewpoint***

**Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes** are easy to use and work very well. I think those with dry or normal skin will like these better because they do leave behind a slight bit of moisturizer that those with oily skin may not want. They don't feel oily though and never bother my eyes like eye makeup remover pads can. My eyes get blurry when I use them because they are oily. These towelettes are a great combo of cleanser and moisturizer! ***4 stars.***

Ease of Application

They have a light, subtle scent.

They're okay....

I give these facial make up removal clothes an overall rating of 6 because while they do a good job at removing foundation, blushes, and eye shadow they do not remove mascara very well. They also leave my face feeling extremely oily which I dislike very much. They also will dry out in the pack they come in if you don't purchase their sold separately box to keep them in. I did not purchase this because I feel they are too expensive to begin with to buy a simple plastic container. If the cloths dry out you can dampen them and they still work completely normal.

They do not remove mascara well. Leave my face feeling oily, like it isn't clean.

Very easy to use, however the pack they come in will causes all of the wipes to dry out if you aren't careful. They do sell a box separately to put them in to prevent this from happening, but as these are somewhat expensive in my eyes, I don't want to pay extra money for a simple box. I have used other containers I have for this purpose. The first pack I purchased, when I wasn't aware of this issue, I would simply dampen the dried out cloth and it worked just as well.

Good, standard, sensitive wipes.

from Bowie, MD

Pros

• cheap
  • Nice smell
  • Non-greasy

Cons

• Bad For Eye Makeup

• Taking Off Blush
  • Taking Off Foundation
  • Taking Off Lipstick

Comments about Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes:

Coming in at a very affordable, standard price, these wipes are a very good drugstore steal. They're lightweight, great for taking off heavy foundation, and don't irritate my skin. The only con of these is that they are not great for taking off eye makeup. I tend to have to put a liquid eye makeup remover over the wipe to fully get the product off.

Write makeup remover

from Saudi Arabia

This product is recommended for that, remove make-up quickly

Write makeup remover

from Saudi Arabia

This product is recommended for that, remove make-up quickly

• Was this a gift?:

I call them "magic wipes"

Comments about Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes:

If these don't get makeup off, then I don't know what will! They were a staple item of mine during my ballroom dancing days when I had a ton of makeup to remove. They are even effective on eye makeup... and I find it most effective when I apply an eye makeup remover cream to my eyes and then follow up with these wipes. It all comes off! And I even feel like using these in addition to my cleansing/moisturizing routine has improved my face in terms of acne. I've always had mild acne, but I feel like it shows up less when I use these wipes. I really do love them, and I always have a pack on hand! Now that I'm done with ballroom and I don't wear heavy makeup as often, I find that I can get more than one use out of these wipes. I'll use one side on the first night, and then the next night I'll re-moisten the wipe with a bit of water and use the other side. That way I get more use out of the product and don't go through them as quickly. On days where my makeup is very very light, I can even get away with using a quarter of the wipe rather than half of it.

great product

Comments about Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes:

Definitely effective! They remove all of your makeup, clean your face, leave it feeling fresh and have zero "chemical burn" or un-pleasant sensations. My skin must be very sensitive because even some moisturizers are unpleasant for me, and I am not talking about the cheap ones... Anyway, these work great. The only issue I have noticed is the wipes are not quite as big as some other brands, but that was never a issue unless I wore a LOT of makeup that day. My husband also likes these, going to the point of stealing them from me no problem. Secretly I don't mind as long as he washes his face! Ha. The wipes have a nice clean scent that would appeal to men as well as women- no flowery, over scented, make you gag nonsense over here. Great for combo to oily skin, and they do not aggravate my husbands psoriasis when he wants to just wash his face quick. Not sure about the dry skin peeps.

I swear by these towelettes

Comments about Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes:

Neutrogena Make Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes take the hassle out of getting ready for bed. Im a big believer that you should always wash away the day before hitting the sack for the night. However, there are times that Im more motivated to get all my make up off than others. For instance after being out till 1 am, I don't want to rummage for cotton balls to use my eye make up remover, use face wash, toner, and then moisturize. Since these towelettes remove all my make up and get my face clean it certainly simplifies things for me.

This product really does get all your make up off. When you moisten them they lather up- a lot! I was really surprised the first time I tried them out, I thought it would be a lack luster experience. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the towelette removed all my eye liner, mascara, and sunscreen no problems. My face felt very clean and refreshed.

You just dampen the towelette, rub it together a little so you can build a lather and scrub your face. Albeit you toss the towelette after one use- so its not for the tree huggers out there.

They're okay....

Comments about Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes:

One of my favorite makeup wipes to this day!

from Kansas

Comments about Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes:

Usually I try to wash my makeup off each night with cleanser. Some nights I'll get home late. Some nights I'll be tired and just go to bed. Or hey sometimes I'm just lazy! [Oops] These are a great quick way to remove your makeup. And they actually remove your makeup, unlike some other brands I have used. Generally mascara is the hardest for me to remove but these wipes take care of it pretty easily [there are some brands of mascara I use that are a little more stubborn to remove though]. They are gentle and don't irritate the rosacea I have. I also have dry skin and the wipes don't dry it out any further. They aren't strong smelling or anything, so that's also a plus for some people. My only complaint is the resealable lid thing [I can't think of the word to call it, haha] sometimes doesn't stay closed. I would recommend these Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes because they actually do what they're supposed to do, are gentle enough, don't dry your skin out, and aren't that expensive!

Love it! portable and you can use anywhere

Comments about Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes:

I don't really wear a lot of make-up so I don't need a lot of make-up removers. But I bought this because I wanted to carry something on the airplane to keep my face moist. I tried also to use it as a make-up remover and as expected it did the job very well. What I liked about it most was that it keeps my face moist and it doesn't get dry after removing the makeup. And also when I use it on the plane to keep my face moist, that worked very well too. I like it because you don't need to carry puffs with the normal makeup removers - you can just carry this and then throw it away when you are done. One issue is that I use it too often and run out too fast!

Very effective in removing the makeup (note: I don't use a lot of makeup). and the face doesn't dry up after using it.

Very easy to use - just pull it out, wipe face and throw it away. and the packaging makes it easy to carry around in your bag. I recommend it for long flights!

Decent makeup remover.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes:

This removes a good portion of face makeup, including primer, foundation, concealer, etc. It does not remove it all though, and I still need to cleanse my face afterward, and I find some makeup still comes off then. It does not clog my pores or break me out. It does not burn my acne. It removes eye makeup like eye-shadow quite well, but it can smear around. It is not the best with waterproof and I have to really scrub mascara off to get it decent enough to go to sleep with it on. I do lose eyelashes trying so hard to remove it. It takes a lot of effort and is tedious. I am afraid all the scrubbing and tugging on my eye will give me unnecessary wrinkles. It removes my eyebrow makeup too, even gets in between the hairs. The wipes are decent feeling and not too scratchy, but they could be softer. It removes my lip liner and lipstick with ease, but it does make my lips a bit dry afterward. Not very many wipes come in one pack, and they are pricey.

Tugging and pulling on my skin.