View more foundation

Neutrogena
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers

3.4

Low-maintenance look that's perfect for summer days.

**This product in a nutshell: **is an excellent tinted moisturizer that gives my skin a fresh, healthy glow.  In the summertime, I wear a lot less eye makeup and just want my skin to look naturally radiant.  This product gives me that look!

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers isn't quite foundation, but it's not quite like a tinted moisturizer either.  It is a flesh-toned moisturizer that provides less coverage than a foundation, but has SPF 30 in it.  The consistency is a tad thicker than most liquid foundations, but still very fluid and blendable.

I use this product on a clean, dry face.  After I squirt a small amount into my palm, I place a dab of product onto my forehead, nose, both cheeks, and another just below my chin.  With both hands, I swirl the product into my skin using a downward motion until it is perfectly blended.  Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers does have a hint of shimmer to it.  Granted, it is not glittery by any means, but if you desire a more opaque finish to your skin, then this product would not be right for you.  When I use this product, my skin feels moisturized, but not heavy, and has a dewy, natural look to it.  I would suggest this product for anyone who seeks a bit of coverage for an au-naturale appearance and for those of us who are very active.  I have worn this product while exercising or in the hot sun for a long time and did not experience any type of stinginess in my eyes from makeup meltiness.

**I give this product 4/5 stars: **because it delivers the type of coverage i seek for those hot days and can be found virtually anywhere.  I would recommend this product to anyone except those of us with very oily complexions, as the shimmer in this product may give them a greasy appearance.

Not feeling the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers

I have tried a lot of foundations make up since I started wearing make up ten years ago.  When I saw neutregena was on sale I said why not and gave it a try.  It was supposedly light weight and gave you a healthy glow.  Well when I started using it I applied it with a sponge with a good size amount.  And started rubbing it onto my face and blending it in.  I know I am in my twenties and have just a mild case of acne and redness, which quite frankly is why I buy foundation.  Anyways I do the rest of my make and go into the bathroom to continue to getting ready in the morning to go to work. I looked in the mirror and was disappointed to see that my face was still red and it looked like I put barely if any foundation on.  In the end I went back to my vanity and applied more on to my face.  After caking on the foundation the redness was finally hidden.  Least to say with the prices of foundation and the reputation of neutrogena I Was not to happy with  my purchase since it didn't give me the coverage I had expected.

Foundation that cakes your face.

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers:

I found this bottle laying around the house one day and was excited because I just found a whole full bottle of foundation and couldn't figure out why I hadn't used it before, until I put it on! This product is extremely creamy and when you apply it to your face it feels like you are putting on a layer of paint on and your face cannot breathe. Not only that, no matter how hard I tried, I could not get it to blend in correctly and continuously saw smears which was frustrating. If you are looking for something to COVER your face, then I guess this product would be good for you. It says it will give you a touch of shimmer and a healthy radiant look, but I saw none of what it said, and it for sure was not sheer coverage. I am typically a fan of Neutrogena products, but this one gets a thumbs down from me. I say save your money. It would be better to go to buy the cheapest foundation out there and use it.

Neutrogena glow sheers is a dissapointment

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers:

This was a waste of money. I don't see anything at all when I put it on my face. Its almost as if im only applying it for the sunblock otherwise I would have no use for it. I got it in shade# 10 and want a refund!

Low-maintenance look that's perfect for summer days.

from Mentor, OH

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - emphasis on SHEER

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers:

I have 2 bottles of this product, and I used it a lot for awhile. I never liked the heavy feeling of foundation, so I started trying out different tinted moisturizers for a hint of color without the heavy feel. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers is a good tinted moisturizer. The bad thing about it is how incredibly sheer it is - it is almost like putting no color on your face at all - you may as well just put on a sunscreen. It also leaves behind a shimmer that some may not like - I have found myself to powder my face afterwards to get rid of the shine that this product gives you. Because of the shine, it is more appropriate for winter use, when most people have dry skin and need the "glow" this product gives you.

I liked this product, but because of lack of coverage, I will not buy any more. I'll probably continue to use it until I finish it tho. It does not irritate my sensitive skin.

Neutrogena Sheers is good for a light foundation

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers:

I switched about 6 weeks ago from a department store foundation to using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers as my foundation and it has really met up with every expectation I had. The Sheers is just that--a sheer coverage to even out slightly-uneven skin tones. I am fortunate enough to not have major blemishes to deal with (and have a concealer for when they do pop up), but an every day light cover, this is the perfect product.

I am spending less than half of what I did before, and the coverage is just as good. I use a loose powder over the top of this, and I have all day, even skin tone coverage. I also use this as a base layer for eye makeup, and it really prolongs the life of my shadows.

The Sheer makeup is easy to wash off and does not clog my pores. Because it is sheer, it also doesn't leave a visible line between areas where it is applied and areas where it is not.

For those with normal skin who just need a light cover, this is a great product at a really good price.

Neutrogena Healthy Glow Sheers - Love it!

from New York, NY

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers:

I was looking for a light foundation that wouldn't look too cakey on my face. I also wanted something that gave a kind of tinted moisturizer look to my skin. I found it! This product is light, give me a great sheer glow and makes my skin look flawless! I also love that it smells like summertime. I don't know if it is some sort of suntan lotion in it, but when I put it on my face, all day I feel like I'm at the beach - I love it! I also love that no matter how much I put on my face it never looks like I am wearing foundation. It looks like my skin is naturally gorgeous and glowing (although I'm sure people are on to me!) I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a lightweight, inexpensive foundation that leaves their skin looking great!

Neutrogena Glow Sheers

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers:

I recently tried this product for the first time and was very impressed. It is very hard to find a tinted moisturizer with an SPF of 30 at all and most of them are much more expensive. I had used Almay in the past, but the SPF wasn't this high and they must have changed the formula as it didn't go on as well. This goes on very easily and smoothly. It is very light, but it does even out any uneven color in your skin, but if you are looking to cover a lot of redness, you might need to use a concealer as well. It will be great for summer when you don't want to wear a full foundation, but also want SPF protection. The name fits it perfectly as it does provide sheer color. And, the best part is the price as it is affordable and because it is a Neutrogena product it is readily available at a variety of stores. If I had one complaint, it might be that I wish it came in a few more tints as I only noticed three when I was purchasing the product.

Can't Even Tell I'm Wearing it!

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers:

I titled my post- "Can't Even Tell I'm Wearing" it.  And I do not mean that in a good way!  In my opinion, this is just a little too shear.  I put it on in the morning and fifteen minutes later it seemed like it was totally gone.  It did nothing to lightly even out my coloring, and it made me look even shinier than before.  I like that Neutrogena products feel light and natural and are supposed to be made from good ingredients.  But this was a little too natural for me.  I wanted to try out a more shear make up because I did not want to be so covered in the summer the way that regular foundation covers your skin, but this was not enough.  I need something in between this.  If you want to look like you are not even wearing make up, I guess this would be a good product for you.  But for me, if you can't tell you are wearing it and it does nothing to help you out what is really the point?  Oh I guess one other good point would be that it has sunscreen in it.  So I guess it has that going  for it. . .

Not feeling the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers

from New Berlin, WI

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers -don't even feel it

from Grand Junction, CO

Comments about Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers:

This product is lightweight giving you minimal coverage. It really just enhances what you have. The scent is very subtle. You don't look like you are wearing 'makeup'. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate it. I like subtle so for me this works. Actually it was a replacement for another brand i could no longer find. I still prefer the other one but this one serves it's purpose. It really is sheer in coverage and feel and it last a long time. A little bit goes a long ways and there is no dreaded 'make-up line' to worry about. I have even used this in conjunction with a powder and it mixes okay. I think the powder makes it more noticeable so i find that i avoid that more and more now. I am also very very fair so any foundation looks dark on me. the lightest shade this comes in was actually not too dark for me. for the price-especially when you buy it with a coupon- this is a great buy.