Other Sunscreens:

Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70

Pros

Cons

Great for the forgetful

I love this stuff and I always keep a can in the car for when I leave my house and realize I haven't got sunscreen on my hands, arms or chest and I'm going to be driving in the blazing sun for 30 minutes.

I can spray it on real quick and it keeps me free of sunburn.  I am trying to be conscious of my hands and always applying sunscreen to the tops of them when I drive because my mom ended up with bad age spots there from her care-free years as a sun worshipper.

If you are acne prone I would not use it on places like your face or back as it is a little greasy.

Neutrogena burned me right up - bad. First it fumed me too.

I like Neutrogena products, and the idea of a spray sunblock with a cooling effect sounded absolutely fabulous. I saw this "fresh cooling body mist sunblock" with 45 protection and put that right in the basket.

At the beach, I tried to read the directions. Note to self - take magnifying glass next time. I could not read much with small navy blue print over silver. Oh well, what's there to know about sun sprary? Then again . . .

I was in a booth in the bathhouse and thought I'd spray up before exiting. That was not a good idea. Neutrogena spray makes fumes like you would not believe. Good thing I had my bathing suit on. I tumbled out of that changing booth right fast and was coughing and gagging. Out on the beach - no problem. Don't spray in an enclosed area though, or you will think you've been gassed.

On the beach, this spray was dandy. It smelled good - not too heavy. The sand did not stick to me (which I hate). It did have a nice cooling effect. Very nice on a hot day.

I'm medium as far as skin tone. I'm usually fine with 15 block. I went with this stronger rated block of 45, since I've not been out in the sun much this year and since the North Carolina beach sun is pretty intense. So, I was thinking I was very well covered.

I did reapply this spray even though it says "waterproof" right on the front in letters I can read. It seemed to me that it washed off in the ocean. To be sure, I sprayed after swimming.

After we got home from the beach I noticed my back and legs felt bad - a little bad. I checked in the mirror, and . . . yes . . . sunburn. By the time I went to bed, I was really hurting. Or I thought I was. Really hurting was the 7 hour drive home the next day sitting on my sunburned legs. It was so bad that after 4 hours of sitting, I kneeled in the floorboard and put my head on the seat where I fell asleep humped up like that. I hoped the police would take pity on me about the seatbelt if we got stopped (which we didn't).

Neutrogena sunblock would be just fine - if it worked. I can't imagine what I'd want with sunblock that does not block.

I am sitting on a pillow as I write this review. I took a picture which I most carefully cropped to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. The burn looks worse in person than in the photo, but you'll see what I mean.

This feels good when you apply but not sure if it's effective.

Comments about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I am an avid runner and I tend to stay in the sun a lot. I needed a sunscreen that will last long in strong sun and also keep working while I continue to sweat. When I first sprayed this on my body, I really liked to cooling feeling I got from the sunscreen. It felt like I was getting a fresh mist of water on my body. After I was done with the run, I felt like parts of the skin had still burned despite having this on. I'm not sure if this is a good product in sweat or water. I think if you don't have water involved, this will be effective. I still like the feeling that I get when I spray this, so I use it when I am not exercising and just going out in the sun.

The scent is not very strong and also doesn't last that long.

Absorption
You still feel this on your skin even after a while.

Longevity
I think this lasts long but it doesn't feel waterproof.

This is an effective product as long as you don't go into water or sweat.

Ease of Application
This is a spray type sunscreen so it is very easy to apply.

Great for sports

Comments about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I love to use this sunblock during summer because it delivers everything I need in a sunblock in a quick, efficient way. This product is great in hot weather because it gives my skin this cooling sensation, which is very refreshing and nice especially if I'm doing some sort of physical activity like running.

This product has a clean, refreshing scent.

Absorption
This is a very light weight product that doesn't leave my skin feeling really greasy or oily like most sunblocks do. It takes just seconds to rub this formula in, and my skin doesn't feel like there is a lot of product on it.

Longevity
One application of this product saves my skin for about one and a half to two hours. One can of this product lasts me about 2 months of using it almost every day.

This product has a really great formula that is light weight and non-greasy, all the while providing me with impressive protection from the sun. I have pale skin that tends to sunburn easily, and whenever I use this product, my skin stopped burning all together. I didn't get any sunspots or freckles either, which was also very impressive. All around, this was a very effective sunblock that I'm a big fan of.

Ease of Application
This spray makes protecting your skin easy, fast, and greasy free. I just spray this product on and spend few seconds rubbing this product in, then I'm protected from the sun for hours.

• Ease of Application:

I love the SPF 70 and the aerosol can.

from West Virginia

Comments about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

This is one of the best sunscreens I have tried. I have sensitive skin regardless of whether I have a good base tan started or not so I like to keep some kind of SPF on. Usually I opt for 50 or better and I was excited to try the Neutrogena SPF 70. The cooling body mist is great.

This comes in an amazing aerosol can. I love the aerosol because I can easily spray everywhere. This helps me get to places my arms and hands wont reach. The can also makes it easier for someone else to help you with your application of sunblock.

This has a nice cooling effect to it that is pleasant. I always apply my sunblock before I go out into the sun but when I get out and need to reapply, this cooling mist is refreshing and calming to my skin. It feels great to get the sudden burst of cool mist on my back and shoulders.

I can use this all over and it protects my skin in all my trouble areas. My nose and shoulders can withstand even the most sweltering of days when I use this product. I also notice the backs of my legs are protected with this. I used it at the beach for an entire week of vacation and barely sustained any burns at all.

I would feel comfortable using this on my children to protect their skin. I wouldn't apply this to babies though. It smells kind bad and I'm sure it wouldn't be safe if they were to put their hands in their mouth.

It doesn't have the best scent. It smells a little funky but it goes away quickly.

Absorption
It absorbs nicely and quickly. I usually help it out by rubbing it in a bit with my hands.

Longevity
This lasts me all day if I don't get in water. If I get in water, I try to reapply once an hour or once every two hours at most.

I love this. My arms, shoulders, backs of my legs, and especially my nose were protected.

Ease of Application
The spray can makes it so easy to apply. I love the aerosol and it is recyclable.

• Ease of Application:

Not good for sensitive skin

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I tried the Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock because a spray on sunblock seemed a better option than regular lotion. It went on easily and you just spray all over your skin. No rubbing it in and spending minutes trying to blend the lotion in. It seemed like a great buy at first. I stayed out on the beach for hours and didn't have to reapply the sunscreen, which was great since I have fair skin and I burn easily. I didn't burn at all with this sunscreen, but within hours of applying the sunscreen onto my skin, I broke out in a nasty rash that looked like the hives. My skin was so irritated and itchy and I could not stand it. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin, so I don't know why my skin reacted that way. Luckily I hadn't sprayed any on my face, or I would have had a rash all over my face. If you have sensitive skin, the high SPF is not for you. I was told the reason I developed a rash was because of the high SPF of 70. Look for a SPF of 40-50 and you shouldn't have the same problem as I did.

Body Mist Sunblock

Comments about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I was instantly very intrigued by this whole new idea of a sunblock that acts as a refreshing cooling agent as well for my skin. The entire thing really appealed to me which was basically my reason for getting it. I always use a higher SPF count during the summer season when temperatures are at the highest of the year. I definitely wasn't disappointed with my purchase. The first time I used it I was going to the lake for the entire day so I applied it generously as we arrived. I was able to refrain from burning in the long hours I spent in the sun and water, since I did get in the water though I decided to apply a little more to the areas of my body more prone to burning. I really liked how different this sunblock is, it really does mist and cool me down making me and my skin feel amazing. I will definitely be using it again and recommending it to my girlfriends.

Absorption
There's nearly total absorption within mere seconds it seems.

• Ease of Application:

Good, but will use up quickly

Comments about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

Overall, I liked using the Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70. It was extremely easy to use, to apply and to travel with. I could easily spray my children, as well as myself for a day at the pool. The only problem was that it seems to be used up rather quickly; there's not a lot of product in the bottle. But the product that is there is quite useful, and will definitely "cool" your skin upon application.

It has a light smell, like the other Neutrogena products. Nothing annoying, nothing irritating.

Absorption
The cooling body mist comes out rather easily as a spray. After spraying on your skin, you would then rub it in to make sure its thoroughly absorbed. I would have my children wait at least five minutes before getting wet in the pool, but it seems to absorb rather quickly and very easily. Its not a thick product, like other lotions where you have to rub continuously. Its a light spray-mist that comes on thinly but covers your skin.

Longevity
The actually product seems to work quite well as a sunscreen, but it seemed like my family of four was able to use the whole bottle of spray rather quickly. So for price wise, it may not be the best option, for it seemed to not last as long as I anticipated it should.

We used this all summer long and never had a problem getting burnt. You just have to be sure to re-apply, as with all sunblock and sunscreen. Its definitely cooling to spray on your body in the hot summer!

Ease of Application
This was a spray, but to make it more evenly applied I would spray it and then rub it on myself and my children's skin. It is fairly easy to transport and just spray out of the bottle. And be prepared for little ones to say how cold it is on their hot skin; it actually feels like a "cooling body mist" on your skin, especially hot skin under the sun. Its quite refreshing.

• Ease of Application:

I am very happy with the way this product worked out.

Comments about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I have sensitive skin, and I'm also very pale, so this is a very good product for me. You can just spray it onto your skin and go! It absorbs into my skin fast, and it doesn't feel oily and greasy. The only downside from this product is that it didn't last very long.

• Ease of Application:

I love the cool feeling it leaves on your skin!

Comments about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I love the convenience of a spray on sunscreen . The cooling aspect makes it feel super refreshing and adds extra relief when spending lots of time in the sun.

It has a light fragrance, nothing strong.

Absorption
It dries quickly. The spray on bottle makes it easy to reach areas that you can't reach on your body with your hands.

Longevity
It lasts for several hours without reapplying as long as you are not in the water. It does wash off Fairly quickly in the water, but reapplying every 30 minute to an hour seems t keep me adequately protected.

It works great when directions are followed and it is reapplied as often as necessary. However, if you apply it once and stay out in the sun all day, you will still get burned.

Ease of Application
The spray bottle makes it easy to apply without making a mess. However, since you're not rubbing it in, it is easy to miss a spot without realizing it. The bottles ability to spray upside-down and sideways makes it easier to reach hard to reach spots.

• Ease of Application:

Cooling nice in the summer, not as great in cooler weather

from Madison, WI

Comments about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I use Neutrogena for all of my sun needs because the formulas are gentle on skin, apply easily, soak in quickly, and don't leave my skin greasy. This Fresh Cooling mist is great for really hot days, especially during touch ups, but doesn't feel very great for other days that are cooler but still require sunscreen. I am very fair skinned so I wear sunscreen pretty much all year (yes even in the winter). In the spring and fall when the sun is out but it's not warm, this doesn't work as well because it gives you quite a chill while applying.

If you know you'll be in the heat whenever you use it, get this one. If you are going to use it multiple times throughout the year and don't want to be cooled down always, stick with their other spray type.

As with any spray, you can't spray it in your face, you must spray it in your hands first then apply. I always use a different face sunscreen anyway, so this isn't an issue.

Great Spray Sunscreen but Very Cold

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 70:

I'm a big fan of the spray sunscreens. They're so convenient! This one is in my stash because Neutrogena has Helioplex which is a different kind of stabilized sunscreen technologies that delivers superior protection from the sun. I never burn with any Neutrogena sunscreens.

A few notes about this one:
-It's cold. I know the cooling mist was meant for when its 90+ and we're on the beach but if you're applying it before you hit the beach in air-conditioning, the cool mist is quite uncomfortable. Some of my friends have literally yelped when it hits their skin.

-Since it's a spray, it gets everywhere. Don't apply it near stuff that is hard to clean because the spray gets everywhere.

-It does have a smell. I think all sunscreen smells though so this doesn't bother me.

-It does leave skin with a coating. I wouldn't describe it as greasy but you can tell you have sunscreen on. I think every sunscreen does this though.