Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

A brand that I love and trust

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar Acne Prone Skin Formula 100gm/3.5 oz is a soap that I've been using for almost 20 yrs. At 33 years old, I still faithfully wash my face with this product every morning and every night. I have tried other acne soaps in the past but this one is still my all time favorite. It keeps my skin clean and clear and can be used on the body as well. The scent is also something that I highly enjoy. Everytime I lather up, it takes me back to my teen years. The only complaint that I have is that it becomes slimy if left out in the shower and is not the most convenient acne treatment when traveling. All in all, Neutrogena is a brand that I trust and love. I can always rely on their products to feel refreshed and provide me with a great complextion. I would definitely recommend this soap to friends and family. As long as Neutogena manufactures this product, I will continue to purchase and use it.

Neutrogena facial cleansing bar review

Having acne for ten years, I decided to try neutrogena soap for acne prone skin. I figured it would at least clear up my skin but boy was I wrong. I tried this soap and it made my skin extremely dry and oily and it actually made the skin Peel off of my pimples. This exascerbated my acne and made me feel very unattractive. I actually had to put bandages over my nose to hide the damage and I lied to people at school saying that I had hurt my nose after running into a wall accidentally. I was the laughing stock of my class and when I walked down the street to get home, people stared at me, laughing at me in groups. I felt horrible and from that point on, I declared that I would never use the neutrogena soap for acne prone skin ever again. It made my skin oily, caused more breakouts, and made my zits Peel, only to look redder as if something was eating out of my flesh. Now my mom uses this and it works ok for her but she has a lot of blackheads and skin discoloration from the soap. I wouldn't recommend this product for anyone. I honestly think the soap is too harsh. Keep in mind that I have sensitive skin and my mom does not.

Easy to use, and pretty good results

from Concord, NC

Comments about Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin:

I've tried a million different facial cleaners, acne preventatives, creams, washes, scrubs, etc. and you can't get much easier than the Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar. It's easy to use, and the results are great. I have very oily skin, and while I've found some products that are amazing, they are just not as easy to use reliably as this product.

It is great for leaving my skin feeling clean without that dried out feeling. It takes care of the oil and the shine, but leaves enough moisture that I don't feel like I've just had Botox injections.

While it's great for keeping the acne at bay, and eliminating the excessive oil, it doesn't seem to do much for blackheads, so I still don't feel like I've found a "complete" facial cleanser yet. I wish it did it all, because the price is great, and the bar is quite long lasting.

If you don't have blackheads and just want a daily facial cleaner that's no fuss, this is the product for you!

Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar Acne prone skin review

Comments about Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin:

Neutrogena has a good line of products, however I feel that acne prone facial soap does not help. If anything, it irritates the skin. I would not suggest this product for people with sensitive skin. Somebody with very mild acne it may work for, and if it used at a maximum of no more than once a day. I also did not feel a clean sensation while using Neutrogena. i did notice that the bar of soap did last a long time. I would say probably six weeks with regular use. I also do not recommend using benzoil peroxide while using the Neutrogena bar acne soap. If you do I would use no more than 5 percent of the Benzoil Peroxide. As with anything used on your skin, if any irritation does exist than talk to a Dermatologist. I will say that the Neutrogena product does have fair scent. Almost a medicine smell, but not a real unpleasant scent. Plus it goes away a few minutes after using.

Side Effects
Dryness. Irritation.

• Immediacy:

This soap doesn't dry my skin out at all.

Comments about Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin:

For some reason, when I use most bars of soap (even if it's meant to be used on your face) they tend to dry my skin out a lot. The overall feeling that I get when I use other soaps is not pleasant at all, and in general just doesn't work for me at all. I decided that I would try this out because I needed an actual bar of soap to use on my face instead of only having facial washes/scrubs. I didn't notice a huge difference in my skin within the first week of using it, but a few weeks of using this started to reveal to me new and softer skin. This didn't dry out my skin or irritate it in the slightest. This soap picks up the grease and oil that is left on my skin after a long day, removes dirt and makeup buildup. It cleanses the surface of my skin to get rid of anything that might start to clog pores. I recommend using something else if your skin is extremely broken out or if your skin is very sensitive. The Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar was a great option for me and it does work.

Neutrogena facial cleansing bar review

from Georgia

Helps with breakouts

Comments about Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin:

For some reason, I have been breaking out so much on my forehead. As a result, I have been using the Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin a lot lately, especially during the night time before I go to sleep. After using the bar for about a week or so, I can say that it really does help with breakouts and I have less acne on my forehead now.

• Immediacy:

The best cleanser for teens with acne prone skin.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin:

I used this all throughout my teens because I had some serious issues with acne. It was very frustrating for me and it made high school difficult at times. I was very happy when I found this cleansing bar. It definitely helped my acne. Within about three months, I definitely saw a huge difference in my teenage acne and I continued to use this product all through my high school. Eventually I grew out of my acne problems and stopping using the bar because it began to dry out my skin and I need to find another cleansing bar or cleanser that would help that issue.

This cleansing bar is definitely effective and I would recommend it to any teen out there. I saw a dramatic difference in my acne and my skin cleared up within a matter of weeks.

Side Effects
The only side effect with this cleansing bar is that it did dry out my face a little bit. It was not terrible until the skin on my face changed and then the bar really caused my skin to dry out.

All-over soap

from College Station, TX

Comments about Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin:

My family and I use this soap quite often. I started using it as a facial soap at first. Its great at removing grease (I have very oily skin) but it does not leave my skin feeling too dry. I also like that it creates a great lather so not much soap is needed for one use. This soap didn't cure my acne but I did notice that my face was clearer (greater tone) and it somewhat managed to reduce oiliness. However, after trying it as a body bar, I was pleasantly surprised by the results. I sometimes have acne on my back, chest and arms. The soap did a great job keeping them at bay. My sister even commented about my "clear" skin. My husband does not have acne prone skin but he also enjoys using this soap. It leaves the skin feeling "clean". One thing we do not like about the soap is that it melts easily so we try to store it out of the shower which can be a bit of an inconvenience at times. Its also important to always drain any excess water from the soap dish. Other than that, its a pretty good all over soap, the price is reasonable and coupons are sometimes available to make them even cheaper :)

Side Effects
none

Great facial soap.

Comments about Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin:

I highly recommend this bar of soap for facial acne. It is an inexpensive bar of soap and is very effective at removing oil and dirt and also removing makeup. I keep this bar of soap in the shower so I use it everyday. I like the soap because it leaves your skin feeling clean, dry and fresh. It rubs on smooth and also washes off quickly without leaving a residue on your skin. The bar of soap lasts a long time which makes it a good buy. I think it lasts longer than a lot of the liquid facial cleansers.

Very effective at cleansing your skin. It helps remove oil and dirt so your acne heals more quickly.

Ease of Application
Easy to rub on and rinse off.

Convenience
This bar of soap is easily found in a drugstore or grocery store. It lasts a long time too which is nice. It is also small enough to travel with.

Side Effects
I have not had any side effects from this bar of soap.

Immediacy
The bar of soap immediately cleans your skin and leaves it feeling good.

Very good!

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin:

When I used to have acne when I was younger one product I could always count on helping was the Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin. This is one of the original over the counter acne cleansing products and it really worked good. It basically is just a bar of soap and you lather it up and wash your face with it and wash it off with a bathcloth and then rinse your face and it is nice and clean and fresh. I really did love the neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin. It is definitely an old school product but you should really try it if you are having problems with acne. The only problem with it and it is not really a problem but I did give it a four is because it is messier than cleansers that come in a tube or container. This is a bar of soap so it can get messy. The scent is very nice and certainly not overpowering. The price is really good also. I know me and many others were very happy with this product. I would recommend it to anyone who is having a problem with acne and would like to try something different than all the new things on the shelf.

Side Effects
Just a little messy

Neutrogena is very effective

Comments about Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin:

During my teenage years, my skin was so oily. I had a lot of pimples and acne. My mom was so worried that may look older than my age due to acne and black heads. She asked most of her friends and they recommended several beauty soaps and creams. I tried using them but they didn't work. My mom brought me to a dermatologist and I she recommended Cetaphil. Cetaphil was good, my pimples were healed but my skin was still oily and it seems that I was not washing my face.

When I was on my first year of college, I had a classmate who recommended me Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar. I tried using it and I found it amazing. Since I used neutrogena, my skin was not that too oily. I continued using it until my skin went back to normal, it was not oily anymore. Every time I use it, I feel so refreshed. Until now, at the age of 34, I still continue using it.

I now have a teenage daughter. She too has an oily skin, so I let her use this product to avoid pimples, acne and black heads. Not just my daughter, my husband is using this too. Neutrogena is already part of our beauty recipe. I would be very proud to recommend this to people with acne and oily skin because this has already been tested by me for 17 years. This is truly effective.