Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub

Pros

Cons

Nothing I dislike about this one

I love neutrogena products. They don't have some of the icky chemicals, e.g. SLS, in them that other brands do. This one is so gentle on your skin. My face always feels soft and smooth after I use it without me having to actually scrub. The little granules in the wash do all the work. It smells divine, too!
I only use this every couple of days so I don't irritate my skin and keep stripping it of the natural oils (that will actually make your glands produce MORE oil), and I only use it where I feel I need a bit of exfoliating. I won't use it on my temples or nose if they don't have dead skin or white heads. If I ever have a zit I try not to use this scrub on it. I'll just use regular face wash as to not irritate the area further. On a normal day without breakouts I like to wash my face, then use a pore strip, then use this scrub to wash off any white heads that might have started to come out with the pore strip but were still left behind.

Not nearly as gentle as it claims to be!

I have fairly sensitive skin on my face and one of the things I really hate is when a company claims their facial cleanser is gentler than what it actually is. I am always on the lookout for a good scrubbing facial cleanser that will rid my skin of all the dead residue, but will not cause rashes, reddening, or breakouts. It has been a hard battle, I have found. I usually really like Neutrogena products, but this one is the exception to that rule. The first time I used it, I could tell that it would be too strong for my skin. After washing my face, my skin felt a little raw and by mid-morning, it felt irritated. I had a break out by the next day. I feel that if I am paying a little bit more for a product, it should work how it says it is going to. It was very upsetting that I paid that much for this facial scrub, only to experience the irritation and itchiness of cheaper cleanser/scrubs. I will not be using this product again and I will not be recommending it to anyone, especially to those that have sensitive skin.

This product does not smell bad, but scent does not make up for the discomfort I experienced.

Nothing I dislike about this one

from Jacksonville, AR

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

Cons

• Acne-Prone Skin
    • Combination Skin

Neutrogena Deep Clean face scrub

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub:

This is probably one of the gentlest face scrubs I have ever used. I have used some that felt like I was rubbing my face with sandpaper and some that felt like I was scrubbing it with a cotton ball! The way it makes my skin feel I truly feel like I a getting the deep clean like it states. My face feels almost cool while I am massaging this in and after rinsing off the cool tingle continues. It has not caused me to break out at all and does not over dry or irritate my already dry skin. It gives me a nice healthy glow and makes my skin so incredibly soft.

Leaves my skin incredibly soft and gives me a nice soft glow. Really helps get rid of flakiness on my skin too.

Ease of Application
    I apply a small amount with my fingertips and massage in. It is easy to apply and rinse off.

It has a pretty nice scent to it. It is hard to describe in words, it is sort of menthol smelling mixed with perfume. It is not overly strong though and does not stay with you after rinsing off.

Eh, it's alright.

from Kansas

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub:

I had actually forgotten about this product until I just saw it on here. I used to use this quite a bit in High School. The Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub is alright; but not the best. I actually bought it a few times but that was really just because I was familiar with it and it was cheap. Anyway, it comes in a tube and can easily be found at Wal-Mart. It doesn't have the best smell ever, but there are much worse. It has some exfoliation properties which I like because I have dry skin and generally that helps it out quite a bit. It doesn't leave any residue on your face like some other cleansers do which is another perk. It never dried out my skin any further but it also never moisturized it, just kept it about the same. It kind of helped with my breakouts once they occured but it did not prevent them. Really everything about it is just average - okay - so so. Maybe give it a try, it's alright.

awesome face scrub

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub:

I sometimes breakout in acne, but my face is always so oily. I wear a lot of foundation so my pores get clogged up very fast. This Neutrogena deep clean gentle face scrub is a perfect match for my face. The microbeads in it exfoliate any leftover oil or dirt. I love the way my face feels after I use this scrub, it makes my face feel fresh and clean. I noticed my face isn't so oily anymore and its gentle enough to use everyday because it doesn't dry out my face. I just apply a little dime sized amount and I use circular motions on my face. It rinses off easily and my face feels really soft after. I don't breakout out in acne as much as I did before and my blackheads aren't as noticeable anymore. I definitely recommend this to anybody with any skin type. Its inexpensive to buy and it lasts a long time. I can honestly say this face scrub is one of the best scrubs I have used on my face especially if you want to minimize shine.

• Ease of Application:

Not nearly as gentle as it claims to be!

from lakeland, florida

• Ease of Application:

Very good product. Easy to use. It has a nice smell.

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub:

Cleans your face and feels great on your skin. This product feels good if you have oily skin. It takes the excessive oil of your face without drying it. Your will feel clean and fresh for hours.

My face feels clean and radiant.

Ease of Application
    The application is done in less than five minutes,

The scent is pleasantly good.

Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub Oil Free

from Little Falls, NJ

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub:

I like using a facial scrub on a daily basis. My skin feels clean and refreshed after each application. With oil free Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub, I also have the benefit of brighter, softer, smoother skin without having to worry about breakouts from use. It has a pleasant scent and is easy to apply with microbeads to exfoliate. This product contains Beta Hydroxy and is gentle to my skin. In comparison to exfoliating pads, it is much easier to store and keep free from bacteria being sold in an ample 4.2 ounce tube. Overall, I love this product and will continue to use it. It's reasonably priced and well worth trying. I would not recommend it for anyone with acne or whose skin is broken out in any way. My daughter has used this scrub on her face after breaking out only to find it was more irritating to her skin and did not help at all. So, if you have normal or combination skin, I don't think you'd have any problems with it.

My favorite right now

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub:

This is my favorite face cleanser/scrub right now. It makes my skin really soft, and I don't feel like it dries out too much. I would recommend this to anyone, and I have not experienced any side effects. If you use make-up, I would recommend using a remover first and then applying this; it does not do too well a job of removing mascara, eyeliner, etc.

• Ease of Application:

Gentle product for everyday use.

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub:

After using several very drying face washes, I came to Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub. The wash seemed pleasant at first, very smooth and creamy, almost like soap. My face also had a gentle tingling feeling when massaged with the wash, which soon developed a rich lather.

This wash is by far the least drying I have ever tried. I use it both in the mornings and the nights, and have to only moisturize my face once a day. However, after a point, I felt as if the soap does not do such a great job with deep cleaning the face, as I noticed I had to wash my face more than once to remove my foundation and concealer.
    Since it does not clean well, if you do not wash your face more than once, expect to break out from the remaining things left on your face.
    Overall, this is a great face wash if you don't want to dry your face, but it does not clean as well as some of the other ones out there, and you should combine it with some other cleanser/ use it more than once.

No scent, but a clean mint like feeling.

It works well. But there is one thing I absolutely HATE about it

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub:

If you are looking for an amazing facial scrub to use in the shower, or out of the shower, I would recommend the Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub. It has little micro beads so it gets deep into your pores and really cleans them out, leaving them free of dirt or oil. So I really love that about this product! It cleans well, and I have noticed my acne is disappearing. Also, I struggle with redness in my face. That has also been going away! I am in love with this product!

But, I soon developed a hate for the time to wash my face. The reason? This product/face wash scrub stinks! Not as in it does not work, but as in it smells really bad! I hold my breath when I open the bottle it is that bad! Even though this product really works and it has been getting rid of my acne, I probably will not be repurchasing the Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub. Do not get me wrong, it is very gentle, it does clean well, and I am impressed with this product, but I can not stand the smell of it.