Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Goes deep, doesn't dry out skin... I'll always have it handy!

I have combination skin - dry patches near the bottom of my face and an oily T-zone that breaks out when mistreated.  On top of that, I have *extremely* sensitive skin and allergies!  I was skeptical when my friend told me to try this out at her house several years ago (when it first came out), because while I trust Neutrogena, I hadn't yet found a product of theirs - or any product for that matter - that worked with my skin!  My first reaction (as well as that of all of my other friends) was that it smelled extremely medicinal, but I thought that that couldn't possibly go wrong if my friend's flawless skin could handle it.  Spreading the cleanser around my fingertips, it doesn't lather AT ALL, and I wondered if I would have to use more for my face or if water could even wash it all off!  Once I started massaging it onto my wet face, however, all the criticisms and worries disappeared.  This stuff is as effective as a gentle cleanser gets!  The commericals say that it "tingles for a deep clean" and they're right.  It's a very strong cooling sensation at first, but don't get worried!  It's the hydroxy acids - very good for your skin!  Overall, it makes it younger by plumping up the places that are starting to thin/sag/wrinkle, brightening up dull spots, and melting away the junk that accumulates in those teeny pores.  Plus, your skin will feel very supple and unclogged after rinsing!  I've never experienced any facial wash like this before, but I can tell you after years of using other products and going back to a routine that alternates between this and St. Ives' Apricot Scrub for Sensitive Skin, that it's more than worth it.  A couple suggestions for the new and adventurous:- It may be tempting, but don't use too much!  A thin, inch-long line (or less, even) will do you plenty.- If after rinsing, you still feel a strange filminess, use a gentle toner after patting your skin dry.  Feel your skin again and notice how smooth your pores have gotten!  Awesome.- As I mentioned above, using a cream cleanser for a long time means you're going to need exfoliation from time to time.  If you're using this particular cream cleanser for the same reasons that I am (it's gentle, deep cleansing and *works* without major problems), go for a *very gentle* exfoliant.  Personally, I like St. Ives' Apricot Scrub for Sensitive Skin, but that's another review for another time!

Cream Cleanser

This cleanser proved to be a little too strong for my sensitive skin. It did do a nice job of controlling the oiliness on my chin and nose, but it caused too much irritation on the other areas of my face.

I was having a lot of breakouts and decided to try a new cleanser to see if that would help. My sister recommended this scrub. While I felt that it did a nice job of controlling oiliness on my chin and nose, it was too irritating for the skin on my cheeks and forehead as well as the eye area. I cut down to using this every other day and that lessened the irritation but I like a cleanser that I can use over my entire face. If you did have issues with acne and oiliness all over your face, I think this cleanser would be effective for you

Ease of Application
I must say this cleanser went on extremely easy. It instantly lathered up and I could feel it going into my pores. The issue however is in the rinsing. I felt that I had to use a tremendous amount of water to wash away the cleanser. My skin felt like it still had product on it. For my sensitive skin this caused some redness and irritation.

I have always associated Neutrogena with clean and natural products. The scent of this cleanser was a bit medicinal for my liking. I would have preferred a non-scent. Again, I had a bit of irritation from this.

I absolutely love this product

from Ames, IA

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • deep cleansing
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Not Greasy

Cons

• Dries Out Skin

• Acne-Prone Skin
  • Oily Skin

The Best Cream Face Cleanser

I would recommend Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleansing Cream to anyone, men or women, who have oily skin. I have battled oily skin my whole life, and I finally found a cream that works. Not only did this cream help reduce the oil in my skin, it also made my skin feel alive. If you have problems with oil in your skin I would definitely give this cream a shot. It can be found at most stores, and it is not as expensive as other creams that do the same thing.

The Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleansing Cream was the best thing that ever happened to my skin. I have very little trouble with oily skin because of this cream. My skin feels so refreshed, and it boost up my confidence knowing that my skin looks great. It has also reduced my acne on my face and body.

When you apply the cream it gives you a tingly feeling. This is very refreshing, and you can feel the cream doing its job. It is excellent for getting rid of oil, however, if you have sensitive skin it is uncomfortable. It feels like it's burning your skin. That is why I put it on in the shower and let it soak into my skin for less than a minute.
Application of the Cream
• Use it 3 times a week
• Use a dime size amount
• Gently rub in the cream into your skin

• There is no scent, which is good if you have sensitive skin.

Results
• You will notice a difference in your skin after using the product for two weeks
• Your skin always feels soft and clean right after you use it

I overall would recommend this cream to everyone. It is inexpensive, and is a great way to clean out your pores. Everyone wants to have flawless skin, and this cream will take you that one step further to have perfect skin. If you have any questions regarding the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleansing Cream let me know!

Seen better

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser:

This is one of many products that I have tried in my search for a good facial cleanser. This, unfortunately, is not a product that I would be quick to recommend, and especially to someone who has sensitive skin like myself. The product did do its job to a pretty good extent--it cleared my skin of excess oils. But after using the cleanser, my face felt almost a little raw, not nice and smooth like I had hoped. And then when I looked in the mirror, my face was all red and flaky--definitely not what it's supposed to look like. And I had had really high hopes for this product since it had been recommended to me by one of my friends and a relative of mine. I suppose if you don't have really sensitive skin like myself, it might work fairly well for you, but otherwise I would advise against it.

I also have a gripe about the smell. It smelled very medical, almost like what you'd smell in a doctor's office.

Good cleanser

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser:

I purchased this Neutrogena cream cleanser once and while it worked alright, I didn't enjoy the smell and I found other cleansers I liked better. Because it is a cream I found that it didn't do as well on oily spots but is better for drier skin. If you are in a dry environment and want to be sure to not strip your skin of all the oil this works well. I also felt that because it didn't foam up I had to use more product to cover my skin and to really give it a clean feeling. I do enjoy that when you rub this cream on your face it has a tingling feeling and really feels like the cleanser is doing its job. I found that it did well at removing makeup and dirt from the day. The price is reasonable though a bit higher than most other similar brands at retailers.

The scent in this cleanser leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't really have a clean or flowery smell but other Neutrogena products seem to do better in the scent department.

Good cream cleanser

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser:

I have been using this cream cleanser for a few years now. I typically use it about 3 to 4 times a week (every other day). I like using it at the end of the day after I have removed my makeup, for a nice deep clean. It makes my skin feel very fresh and clean after using it. There isn't really a fragrance to this, which is nice, especially for those with sensitive skin. I have oily skin, and I feel that it has help keep the oiliness of my skin under control and I don't feel my skin is as oily throughout the day since I have been using it. It is very easy to use and I would highly recommend this product to anyone that wants a nice deep clean for their face.

I feel that this product is very effective, and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean after using.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use and apply.

It doesn't have much of a fragrance to it, which is nice for this kind of product, and for those that have sensitive skin.

Classic

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser:

I have used Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser for many years now. It has always delivered great results! I love the tingly clean feeling you get during and after use because it lets you know that the cleanser is getting so deep down into your pores and removing all the dirt and oil build up. It has helped me through many phases of acne breakouts and with regular use has kept them at bay and/or cleared them up. It has also kept my skin looking young even after all the damage the acne has done. You do need to use a little more of the cleanser each time though as you keep using it. Otherwise, you will not get the tingly clean feeling you once had. I love the cleanser though because it does not harm your skin or leave it irritated. It just does a great job of cleaning. I recommend everyone try this, especially people with oily skin.

There is a weird kind of scent. It is not frilly or flowery, but if you can ignore it you will not be disappointed with the results.

Definitely Deep Cleaning

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser:

I had rather severe acne for a number of years and I tried everything to get rid of it. One of the products that actually worked was the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser.

I have very sensitive skin so most products are really too harsh for me but I had very good results with this. There is nothing in it to irritate my skin.

First, this has a very strange smell. It smells quite strongly, sort of like Noxema. This can be extremely off-putting at first but you quickly get used to it and the scent does not linger.

This also does not foam up. It is still working but it is a cream cleanser and not one that foams so that can be a bit worrying the first time wondering if it's actually working.

So, in addition to the smell and the lack of foaming action it also makes your skin tingle. It's the same cooling sort of effect Noxema has. It's not bad but it seems unnecessary. I just went with the flow and used it anyway.

After rinsing this off my skin always felt very soft and clean. While not actually dry it did always make my skin feel tight in a not unpleasant way.

While not specifically for acne this did control my breakouts without overdrying.

Very good facial cleanser

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser:

I am a frequent user of neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser for many reasons. I've used many of their products before and most were very good and it's a brand I trust. I have sensitive skin and can't really just use anything. I've tried others before that I didn't even use everyday. They dried out my skin and I started to peel and if that didn't happen, I would turn red. When I first bought this, I had confidence that this cleanser would work. I was right too. After a few uses, I seen a decrease in the redness of my face, I had no peeling, and it made my skin feel a lot softer. It was a little thick in texture making it a little harder to rinse off, but that was the only negative I seen about it. The fragrance isn't strong and it is inexpensive compared to other face washes. I use it a lot and for a long time now and I'm a very happy customer. It's not the best I've ever used but I think if you have failed to find a good brand, definitely try this face wash. No oily feel either.

A Somewhat Harsh Cleanser for Sensitive Skin

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser:

The bottom line: This feels like it should be a cleanser for sensitive skin but it's actually quite harsh. The cleanser is widely available and relatively cheap but is probably best suited to teenagers with acne/pimple issues.

I tried out this cleanser for a while but it has proven to be too harsh on my skin, even though I have combination skin and sometimes need a cleanser that has good oil controlling properties. The texture of the cleanser is indeed very creamy although the scent is somewhat strong and unpleasant. When I used this cleanser it caused my skin to feel red, patchy, inflamed, and dry and flaky on my cheeks. While it did eliminate quite a bit of oil in my T-zone, it seemed to take away too much so that my skin started overproducing oil. I ended up using extra lotion and that made these issues worse. I think this cleanser would probably work well on adolescent skin but for women in their mid-20s and onwards another cleanser is probably in order.

• Ease of Application:

Ok but can be irritating to sensitive skin.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser:

I have such a problem finding a product that clears up my acne and clogged pores without over drying and irritating the rest of my face. Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser didn't really have that magic combination. It did help with my acne and clogged pores but I can't use it everyday because it irritates the drier parts of my skin. This defeats the purpose and I will continue looking. I think you have to try many products before you come across one that is right for you. Everybody's skin is different and reacts differently to products.

This cleared up my oily chin and forehead. It did seem to help with the clogged pores on my chin. However, my cheeks and the rest of my face tend to get dry patches and this product made that worse. It is creamy and makes skin feel clean.

Ease of Application
This is easy to use. I keep it in the shower and apply it with my fingertips. You can always use a washcloth or facial brush.

This smells ok.

Strange

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser:

I love neutrogena brand - my favorites were no longer available - the shampoo that you use once every fortnight and the drying gel.

My husband needs a new cleanser for his face, so of course I bought him one from this brand since I had great experience with it. He used it once and immediately declared that he will never use it in his life. Since I hate to waste things so I decided to use it.

I use it during shower (I only use water in the morning) - and because this one said it can be rinsed with warm water.

The first time I put it on my face I was shocked - wow, what's that? It was so heavy and my face felt so weird. So I cleaned my face and rinsed it - it still felt very strange like as if there is a layer of grease on my face. I know the feeling because I have oily skin.

Then the funny thing is that when I got out of the shower, I dry my face with a towel, then that grease layer got wiped off by the towel. My face felt normal and surprisingly clean and it doesn't feel dry!

It's very strange - this product is not bad at all - my face is clean and not dry after using it. So it works well, but the process of using it - feeling like a layer of grease on my face, is definitely a minus.

Yes it works, my face feels clean and not dry after using it.

Ease of Application
Using it feels so weird, it feels like putting grease on your face.

I like it because it's not so strong.