4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

A really effective problem skin cleanser and mask in one!

This is a really great cleanser for those with problem skin and acne. It contains benzyol peroxide so is effective against acne, but does not dry out the skin like other products with benzyol peroxide. It works as a mask and cleanser in one, making it doubly worth the price! After years of trying many different acne fighting products- I finally have one that I swear by!

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask-for elephant skin types only

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask is not for those with sensitive or troubled skin.  If you use perscription treatments/creams etc. for whatever ails your skin, this cleanser will BURN BURN BURN.  Like fire.  I found out the hard way.  The stuff is chock-full of benzoyl peroxide, which **does not** compliment my daily regime of Differin (like Retin-A) and other perscribed skin treatments.  When I applied the cleanser as a mask the other day, it burned instantly.  I stood in front of the mirror, post-application thinking, 'that burning will surely subside in a moment.'  But it didn't and after approximately 15 seconds, I was desperately trying to wash the white mess off.  The damage was already done.  I looked like a lobster.  And it was quite painful.  Be careful of Neutrogena's products.

Face is red as a tomato

from College Station, TX

About Me Oily Skin

Pros

Cons

• Dries Skin Out
    • Irritates Skin

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask:

This product worked well as a cleanser but when I used it as a mask it made my face extremely red. Now I'm trying to get my skin back to normal. This product shouldn't be used as a mask, this is terrible!!

Helps dry out acne spots, but can be painful

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask:

I bought this product after I had my daughter and I was experiencing a lot of adult acne. I felt like nothing was helping. I chose the Neutrogena brand because it usually works really well with my sensitive skin, and I liked the cleanser/mask feature of this product.
      I tried it as a mask first thinking it would help dry out my acne and then I could continue to cleanse once a day with this product and it would help clear up my face. I applied the product and it instantly began to burn. I thought it would get better the longer it was on my face, but that was not the case. It really started to burn so I washed it right off. My face was red, but that quickly went away. I followed up with a soothing moisturizer. I could see a difference in my acne, it started to dry up very quickly, but it was too harsh on my face to use everyday. I only use it when I have multiple breakouts and need something to get it under control. I have sensitive skin and I do not want my skin drying out from using this too much.

• Immediacy:

A great mask and spot treatment if you're looking for intensity.

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask:

I've used an entire tube of this product, and as I generally only used it for spot treatments, that's saying something. This is a great product for drying out acne and blemishes, and it would get rid of some of my more stubborn spots. I used it as a mask a few times, and while it took a while for the side effects to wear off, it left my skin feeling smooth, fresh, and breathable.

It does exactly what it claims to do - serves as a crazy intense mask for when you need it, and gets rid of those annoying spots when necessary. I never used it as a simple cleanser, as I never quite had the means to just put it on then rise it right back off. I used it mostly for spot treatments and for that it worked perfectly - I would have a stubborn zit that didn't want to disappear, and I would apply just a dab of this treatment on it. I'd leave it there for however long, anywhere from ten minutes to an hour, and it would dry it out very effectively.

Ease of Application
      Ease of application depends on what you're using it for. As a mask, it's extremely easy and enjoyable to apply (it makes you feel like you're on top of Mt. Everest with how cool it gets), but it's difficult to scrub off while still being gentle with your face. As a spot remover it's absolutely simple, just apply a little bit and get a wet tissue or washcloth and rub it off.

Convenience
      Whenever I'd have a pesky spot, this was extremely convenient to apply as long as I could keep my hair out of it. I just threw a dab on the spot and went about my business, then later when I'd look in the mirror and think "what is that on my face?" I'd go and wash it off.

Side Effects
      The worst side effect is from the mask. After using it for intensive purposes, it leaves my face extremely red (like...tomato red) and ridiculously shiny. Lotion helps with the shine but not at all with the redness, I would have to make sure I had nowhere to go for about half an hour after I used the mask as it looked so horrid afterward.

Immediacy
      This treatment works very well for both it's purposes concerning immediacy. The spot remover would half the time that a zit was on my face with the way it dried out the spot, and the mask would tingle immediately and I could feel it cleaning deep down into my pores, even after I took it off.

• Immediacy:

A great two in one cleanser and mask

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask:

My face is normally oily and I sometimes breakout. I've used a lot of different cleansers and scrubs. When I seen this Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser and Mask it caught my eye and I wanted to try it. It was amazing, I like how its a two in one. It has a thick and creamy texture that lathers well and its easy to rinse off. The cleanser is gentle enough to use everyday, and it doesn't dry out my face. It has benzoyl peroxide in it which kills bacteria and prevents future breakouts. Its not harsh and its not irritating to my acne. I like how my blackheads have started going away. I only use this as a mask when I want extra deep cleansing to control the oils from my face. I leave the mask on for about ten minutes then I rinse and my face feels really clean. I have noticed a difference using this cleanser and mask I no longer get anymore breakouts and even when I get a pimple or two it goes away by the next day when I use this cleanser. I use the cleanser every night and by morning my face feels really smooth. I would definitely buy this again, it was a little pricey but it was worth it.

Effective but drying

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask:

A very potent cleanser that can double up as a mask. This product really draws out impurities, and I can feel my skin tingling after using it. This product really clears out pores and shrinks blemishes, but it really dried out my skin, making it very flaky. But all in all, this is a very strong cleanser that cleans pores well.

This product has a very strong formula that really goes down deep to remove excess sebum and dirt that may cause future breakouts. It really shrinks whiteheads that are already on the skin and clean out pores to prevent blackheads.

Ease of Application
      This is a while, creamy cleanser that spreads on skin like butter.

Convenience
      This product is easy to apply, but a killer if it gets in your eyes. Just be sure to avoid the eye area and everything else should be a breeze.

Side Effects
      The only downside to this cleanser is it is extremely drying, especially in winter. It caused me to get some patches of dry skin here and there because it removed a lot of my skin's natural oils along with sebum that causes breakouts.

Immediacy
      This product really goes down deep to purify your skin, preventing future breakouts and clearing out blackheads, and it also shrinks and minimizes current breakouts quickly.

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask:

While this Neutrogena acne treatment did cause some minor itching when first used, the product has really exceeded expectations and was definitely a great purchase. Other treatments helped a little, but this cleanser really helped to clean up my pores.

Helps Control Oil

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask:

This Neutrogena Clear Pore product is amazing. It can be used as either a daily cleanser or an intense mask. I already had a cleanser that I used, but I was looking for a more intense acne treatment. I use this product as a mask once or twice a week, and it has done such a great job of controlling my oily skin and acne.

This product works extremely well. I can feel it working as soon as I apply it and can see results almost instantly. My face is drastically less oily after use, and my acne is improved.

Ease of Application
      This product is so easy to apply. To use as a mask, you just wet your face, apply the cleanser, and leave on for about 5 minutes. Then just wash off and you're ready to go. I'll usually apply the mask in the shower and then wash my hair before rinsing it off.

Convenience
      This product is really convenient, especially for those looking for a daily cleanser and mask in one.

Side Effects
      I haven't had any negative side effects from using this product.

Immediacy
      I starting seeing improvement in my acne after just one use. After using the mask once a week for a month, my acne is nearly gone and my oily skin is completely taken care of.

My Go-To Mask!

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask:

When I was a teenager and in college, this was my go-to product! I adored it! Now, I find it extremely difficult to find in stores anymore, and if I were to purchase it again, I'd have to do it online because it's rather difficult to track down, but this product is inexpensive and it works! I used to have really oily skin that was very breakout prone and I found that with a regular system of facial cleansers and lotions and this mask, my skin's oily nature wasn't nearly as big of a problem as it used to be, and this mask really helped treat my blemishes as well. As an adult, I fear this mask would be too drying on my skin, but for teenagers or those with oily skin, this product is a miracle! It feels really nice and silky when applied and then it dries to hard, chalky finish - taking oil and pore impurities with it. It smells fine - not like anything in particular, but the scent is not off-putting. I also went through a period of several months where I used this as a facial and body cleanser (it is dual purpose), and it worked nicely there as well, but it really dried out my skin when I used it daily. It's best used as a twice a week kind of product. The reason this product worked so well for me (and also has the tendency to dry people out) is because it contains 3.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. My skin never responded well to Salicylic Acid (which is the other topical acne treatment...and the one that most acne products contain), so I was thrilled with this product because Benzoyl Peroxide worked so well for me. The only thing I have to caution against with this product is that Benzoyl Peroxide bleaches things - towels, shirts, pillowcases, etc. So its best to use this product with only white towels, shirts, or pillowcases or the color will be bleached right out of those materials. Over all, this product was a fantastic solution for my problem skin when used as a mask several times a week. I would highly recommend it!

excellent

from San Diego ca

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask:

The Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask is very comparable to higher end face scrubs on the market so to me finding this at a drugstore was amazing. The cleanser is a creamy consistency it doesn't have a lot of exfoliation beads to it so it's really gentle on my skin. However this contains Benzoyl Peroxide I noticed a slight burning sensation, but nothing too strong or uncomfortable at all. I found this cleanser to be really good at reducing the redness of pimples, dissolving blackheads, and smoothing away unnecessary bumps. I also have sensitive skin, and I find this cleanser to be really drying. I only use this product once a day if I have a breakout, and then once it's cleared I use it every other day. You want to make sure you wear sunscreen in the day time your skin can become really sensitive to the sun. If you have dry skin like me you need to use a thicker night cream after washing your face with this cleanser. I used this cleanser as a mask, and I felt a really warm sensation I guess it made my pores open up so it can get down to the blackheads. My skin was red after so I had to cool it down with water. If you have terrible acne I would really like you to try this product it may help your acne.

2 in 1 Awesomeness

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask:

I thought this product was really cool because it is a 2 in 1. Not only can it be a daily face wash but it is also a mask. It was nice to be able to leave it on my face for awhile and then feel extra clean afterwards.

Helped with my oily skin as well as acne. With the mask, it would also help get rid of dead skin leaving face feeling soft and smooth.

Ease of Application
      Apply to face and neck in circular motion. If doing a mask, then leave it on for 5 mins. Rinse with warm water.

Convenience
      Easy application for shower, bath, or right before bed.

Side Effects
      Did not experience any.

Immediacy
      As soon as you rinse your face, you notice a difference. Feel clean, oil free, and a smooth face.