Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent

Pros

Cons

my miracle bottle

I love this astrigent! I have been using this astrigent since I was a junior in high school and I am twenty-three -year-old now.  So I have been using this for seven years total!  I remember my family and I visited my family in Vietnam seven years ago.  My skin was totally clear and I hardly ever get any acne.  Everyone used to comment on how I get such a great skin.  However, after vacationing three weeks in Vietnam, my face began to have a lot acne.  My forehead, cheeks, and chin were filled with acne.  I blamed it on the pollution and the humid and hot weather in Vietnam.  I did not use any product in the past to treat acne, so I did not know how to get rid of the acne before they cause scars on my face.  I felt embarrassed every time I went out because I had so much acne; FYI, Asian adults were very honest about what they saw.  Some Vietnamese elders would straight out criticize my acne and told my mom to do something about my skin problem.

After I got back from the vacation, my mom’s friend introduced me to this astrigent.  It was miracle bottle for sure.  After using it for a month, my skin began to clear up and it left NO SCARS.  It literally dried up my acne and any cyst that I had in a matter of a day.I would put this on at night on an acne and it would disappear the next morning.

Today, I still use this astrigent religiously. I still get acne here and there, but this astrigent really helps me drying them up.

Too strong and drying

This astringent feels like it's getting all the dirt and grime off my face, but it didn't really help clear my acne. It has a very strong smell right when you open it, it smells like alcohol. It does feel refreshing when you use it, because you feel like it's doing something good to your face, and you see the dirt on the cotton pad after you're done swiping it on your face. However, it stings and burns my face and it would get very red and dry after using it for awhile. And I can feel and notice that my face is producing more oil after using this astringent. Maybe because you're taking off too much oil, the face produces more oil to compensate for the loss... I'm not sure. But it didn't help my face at all. It smells bad, it made my face irritated and red. Plus it started to get soo dry around my mouth that my skin started to peel. My face felt so tight and dry. I had to use alot of moisturizers to compensate for the dryness. I don't know it it did anything to clear my pores, because I didn't notice any improvement in that area. It made my face inflamed and red, and my acne and blemishes seemed to get worse day by day. There are better astringents/toners out there that smells better, has less or no alcohol, and won't dry out and inflame your skin. I don't recommend this product at all unless you have really really oily skin. Also, I don't think it would be good to use it if you have sensitive skin like me. Overall, it's just too strong and drying.

Great product

from morocco

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Smells Great

Cons

• All Skin Types
    • Daily Use
    • Dry Skin
    • Oily Skin

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent:

I have actually tried this and loved it, i have very oily skin and this worked wonders! Cleans my pores out good! It does leave my face a bit sticky after using it but it is still a good product.
    This product works great !! My face feels so clean and hydrated the smell is awesome, I highly recommend this,Helped minimize the clogging of my nose pores really well. Wish it did more to shrink the size of my pores.
    Just use it after cleansing every morning and night and make sure to moisturizer and your skin should improve! It has salicylic acid so if that agrees with your skin you should give it a shot!
    This product is absolutely amazing! It is a lot of product meaning it lasts soooo long! I purchased it and I think it's going to expire before I even use it all! It's is absolutely worth the price!

Clears your skin

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent:

This product is great for oil control and reducing blemishes. Also, blemishes clear away faster while using this product. I use it in the mornings and at night. There are days that it dries out my skin a little bit but I don't mind because my skin is really oily, especially my nose. I also, use the astringent, on my chest, shoulders and upper back so that my skin feels fresh and clean.

This product is effective but you have to use it frequently to help your skin clear up and avoid other blemishes. I use it as part of a skin regimen, usually after washing my face or showering. I find it is best to use once in the morning and once at night.

Ease of Application
    It is very easy to apply this product. You can pour a bit on a cotton ball or pad and thenrun on your skin.

Convenience
    The clear pore astringent is convenient to use because it can be incorporated into your current skin care routine. After you wash your face you can use it and a skin toner and can also be used to remove makeup and other dirt.

Side Effects
    While this product feels good on the skin, it can cause some dryness if used too frequently. It can also sting a little bit when first applied, but for the most part, i haven't noticed any serious side effects.

Immediacy
    Results can best be seen when using this product for everyday use. I would recommend this for prevention as well as clearing.

• Immediacy:

Great astringent, makes skin feel great.

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent:

After switching from Proactiv to Neutrogena, this product was one that made me stay with Neutrogena. I have mild acne and wanted a toner that would not clog my pores or sting when I applied it. This does just the job. The smell is a little strong, but it's worth the effects. A couple weeks after I started using it, my acne began to go away. Now I have very few breakouts, and my skin feels and looks healthier.

Since I have used this toner, my pores look better and I can tell I am clearing off any leftover residue from washing my face, because the cotton swab shows what you clear off.

Ease of Application
    This toner is very easy to use, and it doesn't sting after you apply it.

Convenience
    This toner is extremely easy to use, all you need is a cotton swab or ball to apply it.

Side Effects
    I have not noticed any bad side effects, and I have been using this product for six months now.

Immediacy
    I noticed my pores looking better within a couple weeks, which is an average amount of time for me when it comes to toners.

good toner

from San Diego ca

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent:

Since using the Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent I have been satisfied with my results so far. I always had large pores around my nose area that were prone to blackheads. After I wash my face I like to take some of the toner, and saturate my cotton pad just enough. Then I swipe it all over my face focusing on my problem areas like my large pores. Be careful not to get to close to your eyes or in your mouth. I notice the change in my skin immediately it really does shrink my pores, but my skin has that mildly tight feeling also. It is a fairly gentle toner it did not over dry my skin, but I still like to put moisturizer on after I used the toner. This product contains alpha-hydroxy acid which is good for your skin, but it can make you more sensitive to the sun which is the only side effect. I always make sure to wear sunscreen during the day when I use this toner at night. The product is effective when I use it once daily if I skip a day my pores get enlarged again. I recommend this toner to anyone who has large pores.

Another okay product

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent:

Be warned! this product has a super strong smell. I opened the bottle and could feel it making my eyes water. Very alcoholic, burns my skin and made it turn cherry red for a couple of minutes. Dried my skin out so fast and very badly.

Convenience
    need a cotton pad or something to apply it with

Side Effects
    very dry skin and super red face for a couple of minutes.

Immediacy
    took a couple of weeks til i noticed any kind of difference, and it wasn't a major change like you notice with some product.

• Immediacy:

Works great for the price

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent:

I have always had issues with my acne, going so far as to avoid my photo being taken from even my own family members in my shame and embarrassment. I like to call myself a connoisseur of facial treatments because I have tried so many in the attempt at finding the perfect one. I first bought the Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent because the face wash I was using just was not cutting it by itself. I needed something for oil control and blackhead control. After my first initial use, my skin felt fresh and clean and I noticed how much dirt I still had on my face even after washing. I have now been using it for four months and my face is not oily at all anymore! I do still have blackheads and acne breakouts however, so this astringent is not one hundred percent perfect. My pores have not tightened at all and this will dry your skin out without the use of a moisturizer. I do not think I will be buying it again.

• Immediacy:

Great pore clearing astringent.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent:

About my skin: I have hormonal acne. My skin tends to get dry and irritated easily. I tend to break out along my chin and on my forehead. I tend to have a bunch of blackheads around my nose.

Information on this product: The Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent has salicylic acid that helps to clear and reduce breakouts. It helps to remove oil, it also treats and prevents breakouts.

My Review: I usually use witch hazel as my toner, and to remove extra dirt, but I wanted to try out a new product. I picked up the Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent. Most Astringents usually make my skin feel like it's burning or stinging. This one did not. This astringent really helped to get rid of the extra oil and dirt in my skin. The salicylic acid in the astringent helped shrink my pimples and take away the redness in my skin. The combination of my face wash and this astringent helped my face get clearer quicker. Overall after using the bottle my skin tone was a lot more even and I noticed I was getting less breakouts. I also noticed my skin was a lot firmer, and my pores were less noticeable. The black heads in and around my nose were cleared out. My skin looked a lot healthier. I will probably continue to use this instead of my witch hazel because this helps prevent and treat pimples.

It helped get rid of extra dirt and oil I had on my skin that my face wash didn't get rid of. It refreshed my skin, and helped to clear my break outs. I wouldn't say it works any faster then a regular face wash, but it gives me that extra clean feeling.

Ease of Application
    It was easy to use. I just put a little bit on a cotton pad, and then applying it all over my face.

Convenience
    It's convenient to use because it comes in a squeeze bottle, so I don't end up wasting any product. It's also convenient to buy because you can get it at any drugstore.

Side Effects
    I didn't have any side effects from using this product.

Immediacy
    It's not a quick working product, but it will get rid of extra dirt and grime on my skin. Overtime it will help get rid of breakouts, and stop them from appearing so much.

• Immediacy:

This is the only astrigent I will use.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent:

I used many astringents when I was younger but all they did was dry out my skin and make me break out more. I am using primarily Neutrogena products as part of my facial cleansing and acne fighting arsenal, so I decided to try their astringent. I love it! I use it in the morning and at night and I have only noticed a little bit of dryness on my face. I just use more moisturizer to combat the dryness and everything is fine. The astringent is good for zapping any excess dirt or oil that my cleanser misses. I am really glad I decided to try this type of product again. Once again, Neutrogena does not disappoint!

Neutrogena's astringent definitely does not disappoint in its effectiveness. It works incredibly well as a follow up to my facial cleanser.

Ease of Application
    I just my astringent on a cotton ball and wipe it over my face. That is the easiest way to apply the astringent to your face.

Side Effects
    The only bad side effect that I have noticed is moderate drying of my facial skin. All you have to do is boost the use of your moisturizer and the problem fixes itself!

• Immediacy:

works but leaves skin dry

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent:

As far as clearing out your skin and helping combat pimples, this astringent works well, about the same as every other astringent I've tried. It cleans out your pores, leaving your face feeling fresh and clean. However the one big downfall for me at least is that it leaves your face feeling tight, dry, and in dire need of moisterization.
    I like that this product has a light and clean scent, one that is not too overpowering, and is one that disappears quite quickly so you're not left with a heavily perfumed face. This does have a tendency to sting your skin, particularly if you already have pimples or have some that are starting to form under the skin. I tend to like the stinging because it makes me feel as though the product is doing its job, so that isn't a complaint for me. But if you don't like that sensation this probably is not the right astringent for you and you'd want one with a gentler formula.

• Immediacy:

Good product; non-drying and decent smell

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent:

Neutrogena's Clear Pore Astringent is a good "step 2" in a 3 step morning regiment for acne-prone skin. I'm 40, and my acne now is much worse than it was in my teens. But unlike my teenage skin, many acne products are too strong, causing redness and peeling. When I find something that doesn't overly dry out my skin, or cause some irritation, I'm very happy. I ran out of witch hazel (my regular "step 2") and had a Neutrogena coupon. I'd say it was money well spent.

The product was very effective - I noticed results before I was half-way through the bottle. Definitely clearer and no irritation.

Ease of Application
    Very easy - cotton round, there you go.

Convenience
    Very easy to use - a good sized bottle of astringent for the price.

Side Effects
    Almost none - my skin appears shinier than it did when I was using witch hazel, but clearer. I'll deal with the "dew" if it means no bumps.

Immediacy
    I started noticing results before I was half way through the bottle