Other Shampoos:

Pros

Cons

Waste of time and money

Comments about Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo:

Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo, words cannot begin to describe how much I do not like this shampoo. It is over priced but I thought I would give it a try anyway. What a huge mistake. First of all it smells funny to me. I have a sensitive nose, so it could just be me and others might like it. To me, it's just weird. Most importantly, for some reason I thought I had build up in my hair and should try a clarifying product hence the purchase of said product. I have medium length hair that is thin as opposed to thick so I used an amount between the size of a nickel and a quarter. I do not believe it was too much as I use a lot more when using my regular shampoo. This stuff was stuck in my hair, I could not rinse it out. I could not get my fingers to run through my hair because it became so completely tangled up. I ended up using about a quarter of a cup of conditioner to try and untangle my hair and a lot of water to rinse it out and then went back to my regular shampoo and the bottle went back to the store for a refund.

Great for removing build up.

Comments about Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo:

This is one of the shampoos I always keep around to use occasionally to remove build up in the hair. I do not use it everyday. I use other shampoos that add moisture but the use of those products along with many styling products build up in the hair and makes it limp over time. Occasional use of the Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo rids my hair of the build up and helps to bring back the volume.

I use this shampoo 2-3 times a month to get rid of the build up that accumulates from styling products and whatever causes build up in the hair that my daily shampoo does not take care of. After each use my hair feels very light and easy to style. I can see the difference in the volume. I would not use it everyday because I feel this deep cleansing done on a daily basis would do more harm than good over time but it is great for the occasional "clean up".

The scent is OK. It is not unpleasant, just a clean scented product.

Love this shampoo

Comments about Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo:

This clarifying shampoo is probably my favorite beauty tip because it works so well. After daily use of mousses and hair sprays, the top of my hair can look oily even after I just washed and blow dried it. The styling products leave a residue that does not come out after shampooing. This clarifying shampoo gets out the styling product residue completely! You use it first before using your regular shampoo or conditioner. It lathers nicely and rinses easily too. I use it once a week to keep my hair looking healthy. I love this shampoo because it really does give you a fresh hair look when you feel your hair looks piecey or gunky. It can be expensive though so I usually wait for a sale. I have tried a generic version that worked ok but I like the brand and prefer to use this one. I cannot recommend this shampoo highly enough.

There is no scent which is nice because it won't conflict with your other shampoo scents or perfume.

great shampoo for deep cleaning your hair.

from hastings, FL

Comments about Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo:

I like this clarifying shampoo for my hair. Having curly hair I use a good amount of product on my curls. twice a month I use the neutrogena clarifying shampoo to strip my hair of all the goo that builds up. The smell is non existent nothing pretty. It does its job and strips my hair and still leaves it sorta soft. The price i think is kinda high and I only buy it when its on sale.Since I don't use all the time it stretches really far for my budget. I dislike the bottle itself.It is awkward and doesn't fit on my in shower shelf. Not a reason to stop using it but it does bug me. Do not get in your eyes it stings worse than regular shampoo and you will have red eyes after wards. You need a good conditioner after you use this shampoo it will also strip your hair of natural oils and it will make your hair very dry. Over all it does its job with no frills and extra scents. The price can fit a budget and be used for a while if you follow the directions.

workswell.

no scent

Neutrogena Shampoo Removes Hair Care Residue

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo:

I am a hair care freak. I love trying out new shampoo, hairspray, mousse, etc. My hair is fine and limp and I use several different products on my hair after I shampoo and condition it. I have to add volume, so I use a mousse or other type of volumizer for added body. I also use a setting spray before I curl my hair with my hot iron, which helps my hair hold the curl better. And last, I use a hairspray to set and hold my hair.

All of these products take a toll, and I noticed lately that my hair wasn't very shiny any more, and I have always had shiny hair so this was startling to me. I decided to give Neutrogena Clairfying Shampoo a try, because I had heard good things about it from a friend who uses it.

Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo comes in a container that is packaged in a box. This seems like over packaging to me, and the company could do without the waste in my opinion. That aside, the shampoo is clear, like water, and is considered a clarifying shampoo. That means it will remove residue or build up. In fact, the box says you can use it once a week to make your favorite shampoo work better. It also claims to "Instanty remove over 90% of dulling residue".

This shampoo works. It smells great, it lathers well, and it rinses away cleanly. I do admit that my hair feels really "squeaky clean" after shampooing with this, but it does not feel stripped. I do feel that this shampoo makes my other shampoo work better, and I have three different brands of shampoo in my shower right now because I love to try different types. Neutrogena allows me to use all of the hair care products I love, and it removes the build up on my hair, bringing back the shine I thought I had lost.

It works to remove the residue from all of the hair care products I use on a daily basis, and it is bringing back the shine to my hair.

Clean fresh scent, not a lot to tell me what is in it. A slight chemical odor as well.

Shampoo is worth the price!!

from SmallTown, TX

Comments about Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo:

This Neutrogena clairifying shampoo is more expensive that some other brands, but in my opinion, it is worth every penny. The smell of the shampoo is pleasant, it lathers up nicely and it cleans my hair effectively without stripping it of needed body. I can actually work with my hair after using this shampoo. It can be used every time I shampoo without fear of any type of build-up on my hair. Because the Neutrogena line is more expensive, I try to utilize coupons whenever possible to make the purchase a bit less painful. Sometimes coupons can be gotten from their website, or the Sunday insert. I try to keep extra Neutrogena on hand when I have been able to purchase it with coupons and sales. I appreciate this shampoo because it gives me the result I desire. I highly recommend this shampoo as one to try for anyone that is looking for a great shampoo that won't cause build-up in their hair.

Get Clean, Fresh Hair in One Shampoo Bottle!

from Tupelo, MS

Comments about Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo:

I started out using Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo when my dad went out of town for work. He brought back some of the hotel's samples of this shampoo. He claimed it smelt to girly for him. I began using the shampoo and conditioner. I love it and I am extremely picky when it comes to my shampoo. I have really thick, course hair so it is hard for me to find shampoo that doesn't make my hair blow up or look greasy.I am also a smoker so another challenge was getting my hair to smell fresh without washing to three or four times in one bath. This shampoo did not do either. My hair smells great and fresh. It always appear shiney and clean. It does not cause my hair to tangle or become overly dry. I am able to wash my hair every other day and maintain clean hair. It really is amazing. It is a little more expensive than the shampoos that I have used in the past but it is every bit worth it. I recommended it to everyone.