Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub

Pros

Cons

Super Effective!

I'm 46 years old, and mostly concerned about wrinkles now, so imagine my surprise when my back started hideously breaking out like I was back in middle school. According to my dermatologist, this isn't an uncommon thing, especially for women with long hair, like I have. He said it was caused by my hair care products, such as conditioner, and styling cream, which build up on my back and clog my pores. He recommended that I try the Neutragena Body Scrub, (and clip up my hair when I'm conditioning.)

I took of one point from the overall score because I hate the smell...but to be fair, it's medicated so what can you expect. Neutragena also makes a pink grapefruit version of this which works just as well and smells delicious, but it's getting harder and harder to find in stores so it may have been discontinued.

It worked like a charm. My back is blissfully zit-free again.

Ease of Application
The only difficulty I have with this product is reaching every spot on my back (I'm not as limber as I used to be.) Back scrubbers breed bacteria, which counter-act the benefits of the medication in the scrub, so I have to do a lot of twisting and contorting to make sure I'm applying the scrub to all of the problem areas.

Convenience
It's very convenient. I keep it in the shower, and and wait until I've rinsed the conditioner out of my hair, then I clip it on top of my head and scrub my back. At first I used it about 3 times a week, but after a few weeks I found that once a week is enough to keep the zits at bay.

Side Effects
Surprisingly, it didn't irritate my skin at all. I have very sensitive skin and expected to see at least a little redness or peeling, but there was none whatsoever. This might be because I did as the dermatologist suggested and only used it a few times a week.

Immediacy
I noticed within one week that my back had almost completely cleared up. Within two weeks it had cleared up 100%.

overpriced but works ok

Item was highly overpriced considering it worked as well as store brand products that cost 1/3 of the price of this. It did work absolutely it was just a matter of it not being worth the expense. I used this for about 2 months to give it a fair shot and I was pleased with the results and didn't experience any drying like some may. I would definitely use this in the future or recommend it to anyone looking for some results. This product fits in well with the Neutrogena family.

It worked well consistently. It wasn't 100% effective but it was a good product. if you are on a budget I do highly suggest trying a sample or smaller size first.

Ease of Application
Application was simple and easy a no brainer. it went on and lathered and cleansed easy, no trouble.

Convenience
This was super easy and convenient to use. I keep it right in the shower and its handy and helpful and right there when needed.

Side Effects
I did not personally experience any side effects but a family member of mine did have some severe drying of the skin.

Immediacy
It was about a week before I noticed my skin really staying clear and healthy it wasn't something that took place overnight.

Very useful

from Saudi Arabia

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Works Effectively

Cons

• Dries Out Skin

• Moderate Acne
  • Teen Acne

Comments about Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub:

Very good I used it when my teenage acne appears frequently than Argueni and Atabna Kteer discovered Hedda product after what I have bought me Astkhmth for a week before going to sleep, which surprised me his production of grain eased very clearly, which encouraged me to use it and procurers least once Ktara

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

doesn't over dry skin with daily use!

Comments about Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub:

I love how effective it is to treat the problem daily. Doesn't over dry skin, and makes your skin feel new thanks to the micro scrubbers in it.I have use this for years now, and it still works fantastically. I also have my teenaged daughter use it also for her flare ups.

Very effective

Side Effects
none

Not bad.

from Kansas

Comments about Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub:

I tried this product a number of years back when my mom bought it for me. I used to suffer from backne and always wanted to find a way to cure it. The product does a good job of exfoliating your skin when used. I noticed some of the backne clearing up somewhat with extended use of the product [after a few weeks]. My problem with the product was the smell and the weird film it left on my skin. The product smells gross, in my opinion...has a medical smell to it. Also following use it made my skin feel weird, I felt like I never got the product washed off all the way even though I know I did. I finished the bottle of it and didn't buy it again. Overall, I say it is a good product for clearing up body acne and exfoliating your skin but the smell is kind of gross and it leaves a weird film on your skin. It's not an expensive product so it may be worth picking up and trying if you are trying to cure any body acne.

A great body scrub

Comments about Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub:

The micro beads in this product are fantastic for exfoliation, although the smell of the product isn't the best. However you are using it to treat a condition not to smell like fields of lavender! I am prone to acne and clogged hair ducts and I use this product when I am starting to feel swellings on my skin. It is also great for my husband's ingrown hairs. The small scrubbing beads really do feel good when you are rubbing it on problem areas, but it does lack a lot of lather. Because it is priced low, this is generally the product I reach for when I know I am going to have a breakout, but I do not use it every day.

I am not sure how much better this works than a traditional sugar scrub, but I trust Nuetrogena and their products.

Ease of Application
Squeeze and scrub. Sometimes it can cause some issues getting all the beads to wash away, but it is easy to apply.

Convenience
The little scrubbing beads can sometimes be a pain to get rid of when you are done.

Side Effects
I have not noticed any drying or other side effects.

Immediacy
It won't work over night.

• Immediacy:

Gets the job done gently

from Jacksonville, AR

Comments about Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub:

I would recommend using this product weekly, not daily, with the regular Neutrogena body wash so that you don't irritate your skin.
This body wash has a soft scent that doesn't last on your skin past getting towel tried, which is nice if you like to wear body spray or perfume.
If you have severe acne this product isn't going to clear your skin up but it will help a little. If you just have mild acne it might be enough to clear it up.

This gently exfoliates without being harsh on your skin. I use it bi-weekly since I use a wash cloth when I shower, and my husband uses it weekly since he uses a loofa. Wash clothes naturally exfoliate a little where loofas do not. It isn't good to go scrubbing on your skin very often; that just makes acne worse.

Side Effects
No side effects

Immediacy
It's not going to clear anything up overnight but over time your skin will become clearer and the exfoliating grits are part of that.

great body scrub

from San Diego ca

Comments about Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub:

I really enjoy using the Neutrogena Body Clear Body scrub I love the way my skin looks, and feels from using it everyday. The packaging is a slim bottle with a pop up top to squeeze the product out. The consistency of the scrub is very thick with lots of fine granules that is just right for scrubbing the skin on my body it also spreads very smoothly when I am working with it. I use this body scrub mainly on my chest, and back to help treat my acne, and blackheads. I take out as much as I need since I am scrubbing a larger area of my body so it varies to how much product I use. I can really feel this body scrub working deep into my pores with the salicylic acid. The product washes away clean my skin is smoother, and I can see fresh new skin left behind. If I use this consistently I can see that my acne goes away a lot faster it really takes the redness out of a pimple I might have. I do not have many blackheads in my pores like I use too so I know this body scrub really works. I highly recommend this to anyone who has body acne you will see a great decrease when you keep using it.

Mixed feelings...

Comments about Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub:

Product has an equal amount of pro's and con's for me.

When I first started using this product after it was recommended by a friend, it took about a month of continuous use before I was able to see any results. Once it started working, I was able to see that my skin was clearing little by little. After about a month or two of using it, though the product stopped working all together and I started getting more blemishes than I had before.

Ease of Application
This product is very easy to apply, no mess.

Convenience
The bottle fits great in my shower without taking up too much room! I loved the exfoliation beads in the product, it got two jobs done at once so my skin was left feeling smooth and clean!

Side Effects
Once this product stopped working for me, it started over drying my skin. It left me with rashes and burning. It could have been an allergic reaction, not sure but was very disappointed.

Immediacy
It took about a month of continuous use before I was able to see any results, and the results I did see were very minimal and didn't last long.

• Immediacy:

say goodbye to body acne

Comments about Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub:

I have gotten excellent results with this body scrub and the great results last a long time so I have come to only having to use this body scrub three times a week. I like that this product is mild enough for my sensitive skin but it is also strong enough to keep any acne under control. I am always glad when I find a product that works so well and is a good price.

This body acne scrub has done wonders for my skin and made it acne free. I like that this product has been also formulated with the exfoliation with the added scrubbing granuals. Not only am I keeping acne under control while using this product but I am also exfoliating my skin.

Ease of Application
This body scrub is simple and easy to use. I keep this body scrub in the shower and have made it part of my regular routine. All I have to do is gently scrub it into my skin and it simply rinses away.

Convenience
I like how quick and conveniently I can use this product and get the exact results that my skin needs.

Side Effects
I have had no side effects with this skin product. I just always have the great soft skin and clean and clear skin.

Immediacy
I saw results within the first week with less acne and smoother skin.

Body Clear Worked for Me

Comments about Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub:

I used to have awful, constant breakouts on my back and chest when I was a teenager. I found that ingredients in certain shampoos, conditioners, body washes, or body lotions helped contribute to the problem. As soon as I discovered Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Scrub at the store, I immediately purchased it and used it for a period of several years. This body scrub smells really nice, but doesn't lather particularly well because it's more of a thick, goopy, exfoliating scrub than a soap or a liquid. It has abrasive little beads throughout that exfoliate the skin and help calm acne. Because back skin is thicker than facial skin, I was pleased to find that the exfoliating beads, though gritty and a little sharp like sand, didn't irritate or hurt my skin - it was only bothersome if I had an open cut. Otherwise, it wasn't too rough. Body Clear is not very expensive, works pretty well, and is a good value for the money. Also, unlike most other acne washes or treatments, it doesn't contain medicine that bleaches towels or clothing, so that was a really big factor in my positive rating for this product. I found this product to be fairly effective. It didn't eliminate my acne, but it certainly helped clear it up to better than it was before. I would go through a bottle a month, which wasn't terribly expensive, and I found it worked best when I scrubbed using just my hands and not any kind of loofah or anything. In the years I used this, I noticed no negative side effects, it didn't dry out my skin, and I felt that it did a much better job than other products at managing my body acne.

Great for teenagers

Comments about Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub:

I used the Neutrogena Body Scrub as a teenager and it worked excellent. When I was a teenager I danced everynight for 3-4 hours during the week. From all of the sweat I started to get back acne especially in summer time. I saw a commercial for this body scrub and thought the company already had a great line of facial acne treatments that I should try the body scrub. I used the body scrub throughout high school and my dance career. The smell of this body scrub was very gender neutral. As I become a young adult, do not dance any longer, and less active I noticed this product started to dry out my skin too much. In turn I stopped using the product. I would recommend this product for any teenager facing body acne and would high recommend especially for atheletes.

Great at clearing up body acne from sweating and being highly active.

Ease of Application
Container is easy to dispense, stand easily on flat surface, and I never had any problems with leaking.

Immediacy
For me personally it took about a week and a half to clear up skin, but once it was clear it prevented any future breakouts.