Other Shampoos:

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

Pros

Cons

The Best Clarifying Shampoo on the Market

This shampoo is fabulous! I have very fine, straight, color-treated hair. This shampoo is very gentle and does not strip my color, but it also effectively removes any residue from styling products, heavy conditioners or even regular use of my "favorite brand" of shampoo. Nuetrogena shampoo makes my hair super silky and shiny and it smells wonderful. I use it about once a week because my regular shampoo and conditioner are heavy on the moisture. I think this is really the best residue remover out there. Cleans Thoroughly, Gentle, Great Fragrance, Gives Hair a Healthy Shine and Softness, Lathers Well with Just Small Amount: I cannot recommend highly enough.

Can not wash it out of my colored hair.

I know a lot of people love this shampoo, but it simply does not work well for processed hair. I am a natural brunette to blonde, and my hair color is professionally done. My hair is completely healthy with no frizz, split ends or breakage. I also do not use any product on it but for a spritz or 2 of hairspray maybe 2x a week the most.

I tried this shampoo on more than one occasion just because I am a HUGE fan of Neutrogena product. The scent is amazing and the later is nice. There is something about this shampoo that just won't wash out of my hair, and leaves it feeling sudsy and just plain odd. I have to over condition my hair for 3 minutes, rinse, then shampoo with a different shampoo to get the Neutrogena shampoo out. I would not reccomend this shampoo to anyone with processed or color treated hair.

Does what is says....

from Phoenix

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Acts Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Effective

Cons

• Smells

• Once a week use

Comments about Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:

When I used this shampoo it had been along time since tried a clarify shampoo, so I did have a lot of build up of products on my hair. I did not like the smell of this product it had a very chemical smell or like cheap shampoo in a motel. I felt like it did remove the build up on my hair. My hair felt light and soft but a little on the dry side. I would only use this product weekly at the most .

Great shampoo

Comments about Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:

I love this brand and have used their skin care products for years. I have always had a great experience so I decided to give their hair care a try as well. I loved this shampoo. It worked incredibly well in my hair. It got it really clean and made it look incredible. It gave me body and volume that other shampoos could not give me. It made my hair look all around great. I noticed a big improvement in my hair when I started using this shampoo. It also made it smell really good. It is definitely a product I would recommend. It is certainly worth what you pay for it and I will continue to use it.

I found this to be incredibly effective. It gave my hair a deep clean and made it look better than other shampoos. It gave me a volume my hair had been lacking. I found it to be highly effective in my hair. It works even better if you pair it with the conditioner.

The scent is good. It leaves your hair smelling really nice and lasts throughout the day.

A good, basic shampoo

Comments about Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:

I like this shampoo because it really cleans my hair, removing all the built up residue from hair products, without drying out my hair or stripping it of its natural oils. I have fine hair that tends to be weighted down easily, and this product does an excellent job giving my hair back its natural volume. I like to use this shampoo about once a week, because it doesn't have any hydrating benefits and it doesn't heal any of my hair damage. But this would be a great shampoo for people with normal hair without many hair concerns. All in all, this is a great product that I will be repurchasing.

What I like about this product is it really gives hair a nice clean without stripping it of its natural oils or drying it out. It removes all of the residue hairsprays, leave in conditioners, and other styling products that weigh down my hair. This shampoo adds back a kick of volume to my fine hair, and I think it does a great job.

This product has a clean fragrance.

Great for use after swimming

Comments about Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:

My stylist recommends avoiding shampoo most of the time, as it can be very drying. For the most part I follow her advice, but after swimming (either in a chlorinated pool or in salt water), my hair always needs a bit of extra cleansing. Aveda Sun Care Hair and Body Cleanser is great, but it's fairly expensive, so I decided to try Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo instead. For me, it has been nearly as good, leaving my hair soft, shiny and manageable, as long as I also use a moisturizing conditioner.

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo is fairly gentle on your hair and scalp, while still removing salt, chlorine and other build-up. I haven't found it to make my hair dry and frizzy, but I always follow it with a moisturizing conditioner.

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo has a fairly chemical scent that reminds me of many salon products. It doesn't linger on my hair, though, so I don't mind it.

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo is great to use once-in-a-while.

Comments about Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo is great to use once-in-a-while. I used to think that this was hype. Why would someone need to wash their hair to get rid of residue build-up. I mean, isn't the job of all shampoos to clean your hair? But I tried this and I am now a believer!

My hair seemed kind of life-less and flat. We all have good hair days and bad hair days, so I just figured I was having a bad hair week or a bad hair month. A friend of mind said she tried Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo and it really brought her hair back to life.

So I bought it and tried it and I was very pleasantly surprised! It actually did feel like a coating or matte film was washed away! After using it for 3 or 4 shampoos in a row, I noticed a big difference.

So now I cycle it in about every 3 months. I use other shampoos regularly, and I use Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo for about a week every once in a while.

I don't know what would happen to my hair if I used this shampoo exclusively. I have never tried because I just don't LOVE it that much. It doesn't smell as good and it doesn't lather as fully as my regular shampoo.

So my routine of using it as needed works for me!

Another zinger by Neutrogena!

from Burbank, IL

Comments about Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:

Neutrogena's Anti-Residue Shampoo is perhaps not as strong as Neutrogena's powerful T/Gel, however, unlike the T/Gel it has a pleasant scent, and if scent is a big issue for you I would recommend this shampoo. The first time I used this shampoo was when I had an issue with my hair involving too much oils and dandruff. This was a result of using shampoo too often (which you shouldn't do), and the effect was that I had a heavy build-up of residue on my scalp. A friend introduced me to this shampoo, and the first time I used it, miraculously, my scalp was completely clean. Unfortunately, since this excited me so much I used it every time I took a shower, which turned out to be a mistake. Although Neutrogena's Anti-Residue Shampoo works to remove build-up/residue, it can also create build-up if used too often. So I learned to use it only once or twice a week. Of course, I believe this depends on the type of hair you have. My problem was not so major, but perhaps for those that have it as a bigger issue, it should be used more often. Like I said, it may not be as strong as T/Gel, but it is still effective and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo Works Great!

Comments about Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo lives up to its name! I have problems with a dry, itchy scalp due to some medications I am on, so I have to use dandruff shampoo most of the time. That causes a build-up of residue in my hair very quickly, and honestly that can make the itchy scalp even worse. So I use a different shampoo every ten days or so, and I have tried various brands. This Neutrogena shampoo works far better than any other kind I have tried. It definitely gets rid of the residue and makes my hair and scalp feel so much better after just one washing. My hairdresser could feel the build-up on my hair when she would cut it, and sometimes it even made it hard to cut. Now I make sure to use this anti-residue shampoo the day before I go to the salon, and my hairdresser no longer has any problems cutting my hair. I like the smell of this shampoo as well. I would encourage everyone to try this product. It does exactly what it is supposed to do!

It is very effective!

Great shampoo

Comments about Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:

I have used this shampoo for 4 years now. I love it. It is the best I have found on the market that doesn't strip my hair of its color and leave it dry. I use a lot of hairspray and need to use this shampoo every couple of weeks to get all the buildup out. I use it first then shampoo with my other daily shampoo. Then I follow with conditioner. This Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo has a mild fragrance. If you follow with your regular shampoo your hair will smell like your regular shampoo. I color and highlight my hair. I have used other products that will strip the color right out of my hair along with the hairspray build up. I am happy with its performance. We ran out of body wash once and I couldn't get to the store for a couple of days. I used this as a body wash to get me through and it was very gentle on my skin. I have sensitive skin and this shampoo did not irritate my skin or dry it out. Although, I know it's not a body wash, I thought I would mention that in a pinch I had to use it as a body wash and it was mild on my skin. I absolutely love it. I would be very disappointed if they changed it or took it off the market.

Great shampoo that thoroughly cleans my hair!

Comments about Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:

This shampoo cleans my hair so well, it's like nothing else I've ever used. It doesn't dry out the hair either.

My hair is so completely clean and bouncy after using it because all of the old residue from my normal shampoo and conditioner is cleaned out with the Neutrogena shampoo.

There isn't much of a scent in this shampoo.

Works great!

Comments about Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo does exactly what it says- It removes the residue from your hair. By the end of the work week, I notice my hair gets harder to manage and style. It looks flatter, duller, and weighed down. I use Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo once a week to remove all the build up of shampoo & conditioner, pomade, mousse, and other styling products that have caused this. I enjoy using this product because it lathers up really well and has a nice simply fresh scent that just smells clean. It reminds me a bit of baby shampoo in a good way. After using it, my hair feels squeaky clean. In essence, it strips your hair of everything even its natural oils. So, I use a homemade protein hair mask with essential oils on my hair after using this product to deep condition it. My hair always looks shinier and feels softer so I'm ready for going out on the weekend and another work week. If I skip this weekly routine, my seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp flares up due to the residue build-up. This leads to mild dandruff as well as some flakiness, itchiness, and redness. If you have any of these issues, try this product!

Neutrogena knows how to bottle clean and fresh.