Other Sunscreens:

Pros

Cons

Great sunblock and moisturizer

Comments about Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock Lotion SPF 70:

I put this on everyday in the morning and it moisturizes really well and I haven't had a sunburned nose yet this year. I apply it under my makeup and haven't had a problem putting my makeup on over it. It goes on smoothly, doesn't feel to greasy and doesn' t have a noticeable smell. I will reapply once during the day if I'm going to be outside a lot.

• Ease of Application:

Part of my summer skin care routine.

Comments about Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock Lotion SPF 70:

I use this sunblock lotion as part of my skin care routine in the summer. I put it on every morning after washing my face. I need sunblock that is water resistant in the summer because I perspire. I don't reapply this lotion during the day unless I'm out in the sun for several hours. I use prescription Retin-A, and this sunblock prevents me from getting a sunburn. My dermatologist recommended that I use SPF 70 or higher. She also said that this is good enough for me to use in the summer instead of a moisturizing lotion.

There is no scent, and I prefer that.

Absorption
This sunscreen absorbs into my skin immediately.

Longevity
I can be out in the sun for several hours before needing to reapply it, and I don't get a sunburn.

It is very effective against sunburn, and it also keeps my skin moist without having to use a separate moisturizer.

Ease of Application
This sunscreen is just as easy to apply as any other sunscreen from a tube; not as easy as the spray sunscreen.

• Ease of Application:

Works but stings your eyes and smells bad

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock Lotion SPF 70:

I have been using a Neutrogena daily moisturizer with sunscreen SPF 50 in it on my face everyday. But for an upcoming vacation, I wanted something with an even higher SPF. When I found Neutrogena Age Shield Face Lotion, SPF 70, I was really happy.

I have mixed feelings though. As a facial sunscreen, it worked great. My face never broke out from it. The high SPF really protected my skin-I applied it once and didn't get even a little red.

The downsides though-when it gets into my eyes, it stung. Really stung to the point where I had to wash out my eyes. It also smells like sunscreen and bug spray. When I put it on, I went to lunch and people actually asked "what's that smell?" It is also way too thick and greasy for use as an everyday facial moisturizer. It makes your face oily when you first put it on. It would be hard to layer your makeup over it.

I will use this for more beach days but will skip it for everyday use.

It Burned my eyes

Comments about Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock Lotion SPF 70:

While this product will keep you from getting a sun burn it is irritating to the eyes and the skin around the eyes. So be careful when applying.

It has a minimal scent, nothing offensive but for sensitive skin it could cause a problem. My skin is minimally sensitive and I think the scent bothered my eyes.

Absorption
It sat more on top of the skin and made the skin look greasy. It didn't absorb. If your using this as your moisturizer don't, put on moisturizer then apply this on top as a sunscreen and you should use a small amount, since it doesn't absorb well it will just clump in white on your skin.

Longevity
Like most sunscreens, I had to keep reapplying as the day wore on. I would sometimes get a sweaty and wipe the sunscreen off and would have to reapply.

It was effective as a sunblock but if you start to sweat it comes off and burns the skin and eyes. It took a few applications for me to realize it was a combination of the sunscreen and overheating of my skin that was causing this product to be less effective. I think there may be an ingredient that is anti aging that is causing the irritation.

Ease of Application
It went on smoothly. You don't need to use a lot because it goes on greasy and stays greasy. It doesn't absorb so you don't want to use much. You want to use enough to cover the top of the skin lightly. It can be reapplied throughout the day as needed.

• Ease of Application:

Seems effective, but is too heavy.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock Lotion SPF 70:

I've always trusted the Neutrogena brand.  Since I turned 40, I've noticed age spots starting to show up and I wanted a strong sunscreen that would protect my face.  The 70 spf seems to be preventing incidental sun exposure from driving, etc.  although I haven't used it much in hard use like when I work in the garden or ride my bicycle.  The formulation feels a bit heavy when it first goes on, and it takes a lot of rubbing to get rid of the white-ish haze on my skin.  I'm concerned that I may be rubbing off all of the effectiveness because of that .  I've noticed that when I put my make up on top it looks a little cakier than normal so I will look for a lighter formula when this is used up.   I was worried that it might cause breakouts because it felt heavy, but so far that has not been the case.  All in all I think it's a good product, just not what I need for my particular use on a daily basis under makeup.

Strong sunblock - really nice!

from Somerville, MA

Comments about Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock Lotion SPF 70:

I have not found any sunblock in the market that is so high in spf. The neutrogena age shield face sunblock has spf 70 and the first time I wore it, couple summers back, I went on a boat ride. I burn easily and was happy to know that the sunblock was protecting my face the whole time.

It is white and unless you blend it well, you could be in danger of looking white washed! BUT, the good news is that it is moisturizing so if you take the time to blend it into your skin, you will not only be protecting yourself from the higher spf, but also making your skin soft, hydrated and moisturized. It is not greasy at all and washed off well too. It is nourishing and good for all skin types. I highly recommend this product.

Mature skin glows! anti-aging Neutrogena Age Shield spf70

from Chico, CA

Comments about Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock Lotion SPF 70:

Skincare has been one of my pursuits since my teenage years, I started out reading everything I could about beauty and haircare as a budding beautician of 17 years old.

Over time, the market has been flooded with countless brands. Neutrogena has been a trusted brand for many years. With that in mind, they have numerous products that address various issues with skin.  Everything from sensitivity, to acne, to aging and mature skin.

When I spotted  Age Shield Face Sunblock with the words: "Superior anti-aging Protection"  spf 70. I had to buy & try.  I live in a very hot climate where the sun beats down at sometimes 107' degrees. Although I had been using a product that had 30 Spf in early parts of the summer.

I was interested in finding out more about "helioplex"  which provides broad spectrum protection from uva and uvb 70 spf.  Every time I have used this rich cream, it obsorbs & is non-greasy and my skin appears to look youthful. It provides maximum norishing and protection for mature skin.  My boss would always ask me what do you use on your skin.  I get asked this often. I am a confident to recommend this product to anyone wanting to have ageless skin  protection, & beauty.