Other Fever & Pain Medicines:

Neuragen PN Fast Relief from Nerve Pain

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

No help, plus its odor is strong & unpleasant

Comments about Neuragen PN Fast Relief from Nerve Pain:

I tried this product in cream form for upper and lower extremity pain from peripheral neuropathy, the cause of which is unknown. The product was applied over several days, but had no noticeable effect. Its strong smell (Bergamot?) was very unpleasant and lingered in the house for days.

• Immediacy:

Neuragen gel really helps nerve pain

from Hanover, PA

Comments about Neuragen PN Fast Relief from Nerve Pain:

I have nerve pain in my hands from a combination of a bulging disk sitting on a nerve and from carpal tunnel. It is a weird kind of pain and my chiropractor told me that it is the nerve saying you should feel pain when there really is not a pain source. When I get that tingling, cramping type of pain Neuragen topical gel really does take a good portion of it away. It however does not last for a long period of time. I think it was an hour or so of actual relief. Maybe it would last longer on a different area of the body. Hands tend to keep getting washed and i don't think it remains on even after just one hand wash. The smell really is awful, and unlike many of the others, it never really fades away. I cannot say if it works on any other types of pain but for the purely nerve induced pain it does seem to provide a bit of relief. I'm not sure that I would whole heartedly recommend this product but I do recommend trying it once if you do experience nerve pain as a little relief is better than none.

Works first few times then seems to lose any effectiveness.

Goes on pretty easily. Not too thick.

Immediacy
Takes a little while to kick in.

• Immediacy:

hopefully the answer to my mother-in-law's hand pain.

from Huntington, WV

Comments about Neuragen PN Fast Relief from Nerve Pain:

I received a sample of this product in the mail. I gave it to my mother in law, who suffers with chronic pain in her hands & knees, due to both arthritis, diabetes, and wear and tear. She used the sample on her hands in the evening, and by morning, 12 hours later, she said she could finally make a fist with both hands, and that she wanted me to pick her up a bottle of it as soon as I could. We both agreed that the smell was very strong, and somewhat unpleasant, but, it certainly wouldn't prevent us from using the product if it worked. If you are expecting a cream, it is not; it is a very concentrated liquid oil, so, a little goes a very long way. I pray the full size bottle that I am picking up for her will help relieve her pain. After she uses it for a while, I will post another review.

Now that I know the product is very concentrated and oily, I will know not to pour so much.

Immediacy
It did not work immediately; felt better overnight.

• Immediacy:

Seems to work alright, but smells very strong.

from Glendora, CA

Comments about Neuragen PN Fast Relief from Nerve Pain:

I purchased this product for my boyfriend because he has an undiagnosed problem that constantly disables him. He often gets numbness in his hands, fingers, and arms which is followed by stabbing and tingling pain. He is not diabetic, but it runs in his family, so I thought that Neuragen PN might be able to work for him. I applied about 4 of 5 drops of the product to his wrist area as instructed by the paper inside the box and rubbed it in lightly. The few drops were plenty and surprisingly spread across the skin easily despite the fact that it was such a small amount. The scent was very strong. It reminded me of tea tree oil mixed with something else. I didn't really mind it very much, despite the strong aroma. However, my boyfriend could not stand it. He said it was driving him nuts and seemed to think that it was burning his eyes and had to step outside for a minute to get some fresh air. Honestly, I think he was being a baby, but that's just me. The pain eventually did subside, so I am happy with the results. However, someone with a sensitive nose may not be able to stand the odor of this product.