Other Espresso Machines:

Nespresso Aeroccino Plus

Pros

Cons

Great for Hot Chocolate, Iced or Hot Lattes, and Cappuccino

I bought this Nespresso Aeroccino Plus frother to go with my espresso maker so I could make my own lattes and make hot chocolate for my kids. It is small and can easily be stored in a cupboard, which is convenient for us because we don’t use it all that often. It has settings for hot or cold milk, and the power button lights up blue if you have it set for cold and red if you have it set for hot, which is an ingenious feature if you ask me. You can also set whether or not you want the milk frothed or not frothed (for lattes versus cappuccinos) by switching out a small coil or ring at the bottom of the pitcher. Inside the lid is a place to clip whichever ring or coil that you aren’t using, which is also brilliant because you don’t have to worry about where you put the coil when you decide you want frothy milk!

The heating and frothing functions work very well, and the machine shuts itself off when it is finished, so you don’t end up with scalded or burnt milk. My only complaint is that you have to be careful how much milk you use if you are frothing, and there is a very faint “fill line” etched inside the pitcher to indicate how much is safe to use when frothing. It is VERY easy to miss that mark (or forget to look for the mark) and you will end up with a big mess to clean up! The good news is that you will only make that mistake once! And, speaking of cleaning up, washing everything is a bit cumbersome, because you have to remove the pitcher from the heating element, remove the coil and ring from inside the pitcher, and wash everything separately to make sure it’s clean. It is not dishwasher safe; I don’t submerge mine in water just to be safe, but I can’t remember if the directions explicitly state not to do this or if it’s just my own paranoia.

Brew Performance
Fast, many options to froth hot or cold milk, turns off automatically.

A little cumbersome to clean everything.

A little difficult to see the fill line for frothing milk (versus steaming) and adding too much milk can lead to a huge mess.

I love the simplicity of use and how sleek and compact it is.

So far so good.

Nespresso's Aeroccino Plus is a great way to steam milk!

We love our Nespresso Aeroccino for making lattes and hot chocolate. This is great for making small drinks, however, if you plan to make large drinks or multiple drinks, this product may not...Read complete review

We love our Nespresso Aeroccino for making lattes and hot chocolate. This is great for making small drinks, however, if you plan to make large drinks or multiple drinks, this product may not be for you.

We had our initial Aeroccino stop working. Thankfully, Nespresso has great customer service, and they sent us a new one. They said the problem was that we were making multiple lattes one after another, and storing the device on the electric base. Although the instructions don't tell you not to, this can cause the Aeroccino to stop working. It is also important to let the container cool completely before you make a second container of steamed milk.

For these reasons, we don't use the Aeroccino unless we are making one small drink for one person. Usually we use the steaming wand on our nespresso machine which works wonderfully. I can also get the milk warmer with the steaming wand than the Aeroccino.

An awesome product

from NA

Comments about Nespresso Aeroccino Plus:

I purchased this product four years back and it is still is a very good working condition. I bought this product from an online shopping portal and got the delivery within a week. The design of this product is awesome and it looks classy as well. The product can be cleaned very easily and till now the color has never faded nor does the product look old or worn out. The Nespresso Aeroccino Plus is silver in color on the outer side and the interior is not sticky due to which milk does not get burned. Some of the features of this product are that it has a maximum capacity of 130 ml for milk froth preparation, 250 ml for hot milk preparation, hot and cold milk froth for cappuccinos, hot milk for lattes, maximum and minimum level indicators which are easy to manage and the product has a detachable base.

The product weight is only 3 pounds and can easily fit in a bag and can be carried along while going on a vacation and I have found it the best thing I could take with me. The taste of the coffee is just awesome and I used it almost regularly.

The best milk frother!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Nespresso Aeroccino Plus:

I bought the Nespresso Aeroccino Plus shortly after buying the Nespresso espresso machine. I wanted something designated for milk frothing, and this was the perfect choice. I enjoy how you can froth milk hot or cold. It's nice to be able to have an iced shot of espresso for a change. Since I have purchased this to pair with my Nespresso espresso machine, I rarely ever use any other coffee makers. This is definitely my go-to machine if I want the perfect froth on my coffee.

Brew Performance
Whether you want hot or cold, this machine produces the perfect froth every time!

The cleaning time is a bit annoying, to be completely honest. However, it is definitely worth it. I love this machine.

Very easy to use! I have no complaints on that.

The design is very simple and modern. I love how easy it is to use.

I use this machine every single day, and I've had it for about three months now. This machine is very durable and strong.

• Brew Performance:

Warm, frothed milk in minutes with no fuss!

Comments about Nespresso Aeroccino Plus:

One of my colleagues has a Nespresso Aeroccino Plus and lets me use it at work, and I like it so much I'm considering buying my own. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but when I do have it, it has to be a cafe latte with steamed milk, and this frother makes them a breeze to make. Most of the time, though, I use it to make Tazo chai tea lattes, which are quick, easy and much cheaper than heading to a coffee shop!

The Nespresso Aeroccino Plus isn't difficult to clean, but it isn't dishwasher-safe. The pitcher has to be hand-washed with soap and hot water, but it's a quick job.

Just pour in the milk, set it to froth and/or heat, and hold down the button. In about a minute, you have frothy cold or warm milk to pour onto your drink!

It comes with two whisks (one for a light foam, the other for a thick froth), but they're very easy to switch and the lid holds the one that's not in use. Ingenious!

I've been using my colleague's Nespresso Aeroccino Plus for over a year and it's held up well, despite being used by several people every weekday.

• Brew Performance:

Great machine, easy to use, delicious product

Comments about Nespresso Aeroccino Plus:

I absolutely love my Aeroccino Plus. I press one button and have steamed milk, just like they make at any cafe. It's easy to use, easy to clean and I can choose between warm milk, frothy milk or cold frothy milk. I use it for coffee, my kids use it for hot chocolate and I can offer all of my guests a fresh latte. I absolutely love it and use it almost every day. I don't have to deal with any actual steam and there's no skill involved. I press the button and it takes less than two minutes for the perfect cup of steamed milk.

To clean it, I simply rinse it out right after I use it and it's clean. There is no scrubbing, just a simple rinse. It also takes very little counter space and is small enough to fit in a cabinet or drawer.

I also suggest trying it with almond milk if you like almond milk. You can also use soy milk. I thought I would only use it to make lattes, but I also use it to make chai tea lattes and hot chocolate. I also bought flavored syrup to mix with the steamed milk to have as a dessert.

Just rinse it out after each use.

I've had it for a year and haven't had any problems.

• Brew Performance:

Nespresso's Aeroccino Plus is a great way to steam milk!

from Mckinney, TX

Makes great froth easily

Comments about Nespresso Aeroccino Plus:

We love this little machine to pair with our Nespresso Citiz (Nespresso, overall, is a fantastic company). The heating element is separate, and creates perfect frothed milk to pour over shots in about 30 seconds. The froth is never the overworked, "soap bubble" foam--it's dense, thick, and delicious. You can also froth milk hot or cold, though I admit we only use the hot setting.

Excellent

Sometimes a bit of the milk sticks stubbornly to the bottom.

One button--couldn't be easier!

Very attractive. We leave ours out on the counter.

Seems solidly built, high quality.

Great little frother!

from Owatonna, MN

Great little frother!

Brew Performance
I like to use soymilk and put it in some chai tea to make a lovely homemade chai tea latte! It tastes way better than starbucks and costs pennies! I also like to use 1% milk and it froths up in about 30 seconds to use with espresso. Very user friendly. Just fill and press the button. If you hold the button, you can get a cold froth for cold drinks.

Yummy-O!

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Nespresso Aeroccino Plus:

I can't even think about living without this thing! I wanted so long to have real "starbucks" type drinks in my home and now my espresso machine plus this Aeroccino makes it possible. It is so simple to operate, is ubber fast, and is an easy clean up. I am hooked on Nespresso, for sure!

Love the froth!

Rinse and repeat!

Fill and push a button.

Love that the heating element is separate.

I have not had it long, but it is reliable so far!

• Brew Performance:

Great for frothing milk but not for soy milk

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Nespresso Aeroccino Plus:

When I had been looking around to "upgrade" my current coffee maker, I researched long and hard. I decided that Nespresso Citiz without the built in Aeroccino was the way to go. I purchased the Citiz and Aeroccino separately. This milk frother is so fast and so quick. It comes with two different types of wisks. One has the wire around the plastic (and magnetic) wisk, which foams the milk to a nice peak. The other, without the metal wire/wisk part just steams the milk. You can add cold milk and press the button once and it turns red for hot frothing/steaming or if you choose to make cold froth, hold the button for a few seconds until it turns blue. I use this every day to make a latte and the clean up is simple. You just rinse with water afterwards so the milk doesn't stick or burn to the bottom of the machine and wipe clean. I don't use abrasive cleaner or sponge to wipe it since it has the nonstick coating and after daily use-- I don't want it wearing down. You can't dunk it in water-- so just rinse and wipe. So far it is working great, tastes great. My only problem is that because it's designed to froth the milk or steam it to a certain temperature, I think the website said 150 or 160 deg F-- it makes my latte not super hot like I like my morning coffee... Maybe it's because I really do enjoy my cup of coffee scalding hot.

Used it daily, multiple times a day for a month.

• Brew Performance:

My favorite Milk Frother, by FAR!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Nespresso Aeroccino Plus:

This thing is virtually silent (HUGE plus compared to the old school frothers) and it makes a beautiful cup of milk every time. I've never had a problem with mind. It can do simply hot steamed milk or it can make a really thick head of foam just by switching out a small insert before you start it up. It can also do frothed cold milk. This frother makes the most proper cappuccino foam of any home frother I've ever used!