3.8

Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks

3.8

Pros

Cons

It's a nice product but doesn't quite hit the spot for me."

Don't you just love these free samples which show up in the mail?  I don't know if this is something I signed up for or if Karma came through for me but the other day I was pleasantly surprised to receive an unexpected generous sample of ***Nescafe Tasters Choice 100% Pure Instant Coffee Sticks***.  These were six .07 oz. oblong packets of instant coffee in assorted flavors:  ***Gourmet Roast, Decaffeinated, Original, Colombian, Vanilla, and Hazelnut***.  Eagerly, I tried them all.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

I hoped very much to enjoy ***Nescafe Tasters Choice 100% Pure Instant Coffee Sticks*** as I had already thrilled to the taste of [Starbucks VIA Ready Brew Instant Coffee][1] (which is presented the same way but more generously in packets which appear to be bigger than these).  It is therefore sad to report that these ***Nescafe Tasters Choice*** packet coffees just don't hit the spot for me.  Basically, if you are the type of person who thinks Starbuck's VIA is a nice, perky eye-opener, then ***Nescafe**'s* step in the same direction probably won't do it for you.

According to directions, this ***Nescafe*** stuff is supposed to be mixed with one packet in six ounces of boiling water -- one more fraction of an ounce and it will be too diluted.  Alas, I am a serious coffee-drinker who drinks it out of 10-ounce mugs.  Even just using **HALF** a mug of boiling water for preparation did not amplify the taste for me (although the ***Colombian*** came close).

Because ***Nescafe Tasters Choice 100% Pure Instant Coffee Sticks*** are basically a nice product and I realize that personal tastes differ, I'm going to recommend this to someone who sips their coffee fix out of dainty cups and may actually not prefer too much bold robust flavor.  For everyone else, my suggestion is to stick to your choice of instant coffee out of a jar (which allows you to amp up the dosage if desired) and for traveling, Starbuck's Via is still the champ.  ***Nescafe Tasters Choice 100% Pure Instant Coffee Sticks*** isn't even a contender yet.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Starbucks-VIA-Ready-Brew-Instant-Coffee-review-a3681

Not the greatest coffee, but will do in a pinch!

Never one to turn down free samples, I decided to get Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee samples even though the thought of instant coffee wasn't a good one.  I had extremely low expectations, so imagine my surprise when it wasn't bad at all.  It's not great coffee by any means, but it tastes decent and way better than I thought it would be like.

In my free sample pack, I got a plethora of flavors including: original, Colombian, French Vanilla, Decaf and hazelnut.  I'm not really into flavored or decaf coffee, so I've tried original and Colombian.  Each sample came in a "stick" and I liked the convenience of the packaging - it was compact and pre-measured.

To make **Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks**, simply add boiling water to the instant coffee in a mug and fix the way you like it.  The coffee granuals looked very interesting and weird.  They melted into the hot water nicely, and left the coffee with a murky look to it, not clear like coffee you make from a coffee pot.

Although not amazing in flavor, the coffee wasn't bad at all.  It had decent flavor, not exactly freshly brewed coffee flavor, but it worked.  I think these instant coffee sticks would be great for camping when you don't have the ability to brew coffee.  While I wouldn't purchase them for home consumption, I do think they could be handy and would buy them as needed for special circumstances.

Great for smoothies, baking, and other flavorings

from Indiana

Comments about Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks:

If you're looking for a gourmet cup of brewed coffee, this probably shouldn't be your first choice. That doesn't mean, however, that it doesn't have its uses. I purchased these to have an on-the-go option for coffee, which it works very well for. I have a few in my purse that I carry with me and simply mix in a to-go cup with hot coffee. That's certainly not the only use for these. I'm a big time baker and use these all the time when making new baked creations. Any recipe with chocolate in it is naturally enhanced by the addition of coffee. So recipes that have water in them, I replace it with equal parts water mixed with a packet or two of Nescafe. I've also used these to flavor whipped cream, custard, trifle, etc. You don't have to use the water - you can just mix it straight in to the cream until the crystals dissolve. Another big time use in my household is to mix a packet or two of Nescafe in with a smoothie and make my own "Starbucks Frappe" drinks. These are so much fun for experimenting!

No. Just no

Comments about Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks:

I am SO glad that I did not buy these. I got a very nice sized sample of them, and I tried one that night. Awful, awful, awful. I thought maybe that it was just that one certain flavor that was bad. NOPE! Ended up trying four (?) other flavors that were with it and each one of them was terrible. I still have one left in the cabinet, and there it shall rest for eternity. I guess I am just spoiled with REAL coffee. Instant "coffee" is forever banned in my household! YUCK!

I would NOT recommend this product to anybody!

No matter what its still instant coffee....

from Parsons, TN

Comments about Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks:

First off YES I am biased-I do not like instant coffee. Yes I try them as they come out hoping for that fresh brewed flavor without the wait-but NO these do not even come close. They may try different flavors to hide that 'instant' taste but its still there just as dominate as ever. If you are a coffee drinker you can smell the difference immediately as you bring the cup close to your face. The color is not bad but that is where the comparison to brewed coffee ends. There is no body or flavor that is even close to fresh brewed. There is no rich luxurious stream to savor as you sip this imitation blend. There is a stale after taste that lingers to the point of finding a mint or something to remove the "instant" tang this product leaves behind. This is the absolute worst "instant" coffee I have tried to date and this includes the bargain brands you can find at much better prices. This is a do not even try it recommendation.

This is not what I would call a good cup of coffee

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks:

I guess I expected to much when I bought these instant coffee sticks. I was looking for something small to take with me when we traveled as well as quick to and easy to fix. I really have never been a big fan of instant coffee so I may not be the best judge here. but I was quite disappointed in this product.The coffee did have a nice aroma of coffee but that's about as far as it went. Yes it was easy to use but I didn't have anything with me to cup the tops off of the packets and that was somewhat of a challenge. Where was my scissors when I needed them. Overall this is not a product I would purchase if I was a real coffee lover. I found the coffee on the strong, bitter side and didn't match up with a real cup of coffee. The coffee crystals had a tendency to stick together but we assume that was from the humidity. Overall I found this product to be rather pricey and I would not buy this for coffee drinkers , however rather than throwing them out I did decide to save them and use them when a recipe calls for coffee.

Great Alternative On The Go

Comments about Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks:

I get free samples of instant coffee from Tasters Choice every now and then. I was very pleasantly surprised, after years of thinking that instant coffee just did not compare to home ground ,bean coffee. Though as a die hard coffee lover,I must say that these just don't quite do it for me,so I won't use them instead of the "old grind". it is a very good substitute when you can't be at home to grind your own,or you don't want to pay for the expensive trips to a coffee shop.
The individual packets make it super easy to make a cup of coffee,and are excellent for keeping in your purse,glovebox, in your desk etc. I take the packets when I travel,as some hotels coffee does not taste as good as the instant. Having tried other brands of instant, I have to say that Tasters Choice, especially the Columbian, is one of the better brands to go with. Its price is affordable,and these packets make Tasters Choice stand out and bring a clear difference to the instant coffee arena.

Good coffee that can be taken any where

from dayton, TX

Comments about Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks:

It's not the best coffee in the world but it's good and it's handy to take any where in your purse, glove box or desk drawer. These are also very good to dissolve in a tiny bit of water then add to your morning slim fast shake. Don't know if it's healthy but it taste good.

It's a nice product but doesn't quite hit the spot for me."

from Oak Park, IL

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

love Nescafe coffee sticks

from Hyattsville, MD

Comments about Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks:

I bought these initally because they were free with a coupon, but now I'm hooked. Even without a coupon they are reasonably priced though. Both my husband and I think they make really tasty coffee. He loves to take them to work because they are so convenient to carry and use once their pot of coffee is gone in the afternoon. They are also great for care-packages and college students. My only complaint would be that they are packaged to make a 6oz. cup of coffee. Maybe my coffee mugs are home are just really big, but they hold about 12oz. which means I have to use two coffee sticks. Oh well, still yummy and convenient.

Convenient and delicious - a winner!

from Poughkeepsie, NY

Comments about Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks:

This is a great product.  It's delicious and so convenient!  When I entertain, instead of making a pot of regular and a pot of decaf, I can just boil water and make individual cups, as strong or mild as people want.  This is especially handy when my parents visit, since my mom drinks decaf and my dad likes regular.  Now I have put my drip-pot away, freeing up lots of counter space.  And i never have to wash a coffee pot, or buy filters.  It's great!  Makes great iced coffee, too - I use chocolate syrup in mine instead of sugar, so I can make my own mochas.  It doesn't taste like instant - it's rich and delicious.  I've tried regular and decaf, vanilla, gourmet roast and colombian - all of them were yummy, and they stay fresh in individual packets.  I believe it comes in hazelnut, too.  It is reasonably priced, as well.  I would highly recommend this product to anyone - in fact, I bought my dad some to keep at work.

Multiple flavors, all so good!

from Taylors, SC

Comments about Nescafe Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sticks:

I received a free sample of these "coffee sticks" in the mail.  The sample included 6 different sticks, all different flavors.  I shared them with a couple coffee-loving siblings of mine, and we all agreed the flavors were both rich and delicious!