Other Antiseptics & Antibiotic Ointments:
Neosporin
Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Maximum Strength Antibiotic/Pain Relieving Ointment

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Maximum Strength Antibiotic/Pain Relieving Ointment

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief does its job well

I have to confess, I have been a long time user and advocate of Neosporin, ever since I was a small child and my mother used it on me. Not only does it help heal cuts and scrapes more quickly, but it does seem to leave less scarring. I didn't really think that you could improve upon regular Neosporin until I saw and tried this version, which has pain relief medicine added.

It is wonderful for treating small, mild burns, as well as paper cuts and the nastier cardboard cuts. The pain relief medication works very quickly, making it a little easier to forget that you just hurt yourself. One time, I managed to scrape a large section of my leg on a concrete planter. It hurt like crazy and I was very concerned about infection and scarring. However, I cleaned and dried the scrape, applied a light coat of Neosporin Plus Pain Relief, covered the scrape with several gauze bandages, and felt much better. During the following 8 days, I reapplied the Neosporin with fresh gauze a couple of times, and it healed up perfectly, with not even the slightest hint of a scar!

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Helps Heal Wounds & Ease Pain

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Maximum Strength Antibiotic Ointment is similar to Neosporin but has an added ingredient to help with pain. I used this at someone else's house and didn't check the label real carefully, so I cannot remember the medication for pain control. The web site mentions under the FAQ section that the pain control ingredient is pramoxine and may be used with people 2 years old and older.

I have used Neosporin and a triple antibiotic store brand ointment for years, so I was curious has this would compare. You still need to clean the minor wound or scrape first. The ointment is clear like the regular Neosporin. It does not hurt when applied. I did get pain relief, but I also tend to get some relief in pain when I apply the regular Neosporin, so I'm not sure how helpful the added pain control ingredient is for me.

If you have children under the age of 2, I probably would not recommend this product because you could easily forget and apply this to the baby by mistake, especially if a babysitter is helping out at home. For those in a household where everyone is over the age of 2, I might recommend it, but I tend to buy the generic form of Neosporin. I don't think I've seen a generic equivalent of this yet, so you might consider it. I tend to shy away from any extra ingredients because my kids are allergic to what seems like everything. The web site did mention that Neosporin products are gluten-free at this time.

If using this product causes an allergic reaction or the wound doesn't improve, it would be wise to contact a healthcare provider.

A must have in every home!

Comments about Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Maximum Strength Antibiotic/Pain Relieving Ointment:

Neosporin plus pain relief is a must have for every home. The pain reliever does work, although it may not take away ALL the pain with every wound. Still, it is a desirable feature. I really like the ointment, too because I feel like it melts into the wound better and I think it is more versatile. I have applied it to dry lips, acne blemishes, curling iron burns, cracked skin, and shaving nicks, too. Also, the ointment seems like it lasts longer when applied to the skin than the cream version.

• Ease of Application:
  • Side Effects:

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief is instant relief and healing.

from Northern Cambria, PA

When I saw that neosporin came with pain relief I got excited!. I love the original neosporin so I knew this product couldn't dissappoint me. I tried it for the first time whenever I was sick, I blow my nose repeatedly, so my nose and underneath is bare raw. I used to put lotion, but lotion always burned. I decided to try Neosporin Plus Pain Relief and it was instant relief. It didn't hurt and it takes the red out after a little while. It also puts a bit of moisture back into my nose and helps heal it faster. I've also recently used it on a few burns and it helps dull and kill some of the pain depending on how bad the burn is. It helps heal and doesn't let it scar as bad. Neosporin plus Pain relief does cost a little more than the original, but if you look around you'll find a deal on it somewhere along with coupons and rebates. I stocked up on this awhile back while rite aid had a killer deal on it along with bandaids.

• Ease of Application:
  • Side Effects:

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief does its job well

from Denver, CO

Neosporin Plus Pain relief is a Must in my house!

from Mesquite, TX

Neosporin Plus Pain relief is a Must in my house! I have two little boys. They are always falling and scrapping their knees, elbows, chins etc. I'm always grabbing the Neosporin to put on their cuts. I use it so much my kids know where it is and to bring it to me when someone has a cut. It really helps to heal everything quicker and reduces the signs of a scar. I like the pain relief formula due to the fact that it does numb the cut a little bit. I use it when I get a cut as well and I can tell the difference between this one and the original Neosporin. I have also used Neosporin on blemishes on my face to clear them up quickly. It really works great and is wonderful to have around. I keep some in my purse as well. The cost isn't that bad compared to some other ointment's out there. I love the compact size of it so that I can fit it in my purse and my medicine cabinet. I add a package of the original Neosporin to baby gifts as well. It's a MUST have in my house.

Neosporin plus pain really good for little kids

from Appleton, WI

Seeing as we have five children we have had numerous opportunities to use an antibiotic ointment. I have always used neosporin antibiotic ointment or one of the generic brands of the same product. One day at my friends house one of her kids got a small burn. After cooling the area she applied what I thought was just the normal antibiotic ointment but after looking at the tube I saw that it had the pain relief in it. When we needed a new tube I decided to try the Neosporin Plus Pain relief maximum strength ointment.

The ointment is as easy to apply as the original. It was much more expensive though. I personally used the ointment on my son's stitches and he said it did help with the pain. I have used it a few times since then when I had to remove splinters or whatnot and it was much less painful than before. I do think there is some pain relief from the ointment but I am not quite sold on whether or not it is worth the extra money.

Good stuff.

from Halifax, PA

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Maximum Strength Antibiotic Ointment will work on all of your minor cuts, scrapes, and boo boos life throws at you. This product will protect from infections, and soothe the pain associated. The shame you feel from tripping over Aunt Susan's chihuahua will not be soothed, unfortunately. However, this product is great! Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Maximum Strength Antibiotic Ointmentis from a good brand name. You can trust Neosporin to help with those minor injuries. It's also very easy to use. Just apply, and you will feel the relief in seconds. Your injuries will heal so much faster than if you leave it untreated. Neosporin is a bit pricey, though. There are a lot of generic, cheaper brands that provide the same purpose with the same effectiveness. Some people like their brands, though, and that is just fine. With Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Maximum Strength Antibiotic Ointment, you won't go wrong!

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Helps Heal Wounds & Ease Pain

from Piedmont, NC

Essential for moms of active kids!

from Hartfordt, MI

Neosporin plus pain relief antiobotic cream is a fantastic update on basic triple antibiotic cream! It gently numbs the scrape which makes my rough and tumble little boy feel better right away, while I know the antibiotic cream will help him heal quickly. As Mom to 3 boys ages 2 to 15 i rely on Neosporin to help keep my kids active and healthy! I love that they now offer some immediate pain relief. The last time I bought Neosporin plus pain relief the box contained a handy plastic case with a hook to attatch it to your diaper bag. This is great, and so convient! When your child is hurt they need your immediate comfort and attention. I no longer have to waste time digging around in a diaper bag or purse searching for cream and band aids. They are right there. This is an excellent product that will help keep your children healthy and happy. What more can a mom ask for? A Must for every First aid kit!

A must for moms

from Douglas, AZ

Neosporin is a must for any mom. I carry it in my purse, and have one at home, too. It is just the right size and works great on just about anything. I use it for insect bites, scrapes, cuts, bruises, burns and since I have used on myself I know it really does work. With kids you never know when you will need it so I always have it with me. It stops the crying almost immediately.

Excellent topical ointment

from Pittsburgh, PA

Neosporin plus pain releif is a great product. A few months ago my son got second degree burns on his hands from a campfire that was not properly extinguished. We took him to the emergency room and they told us that the best medicine for the burns was the Neosporin plus pain releif. They said at one time they would use a silvidine cream but most hospitals were starting to use and recommend the Neosporin because it offered better protection, healing power, and pain releif for burn victims.  We went and bought the Neosporin only because we were out. I have bought this product before and always used it for cuts or scabs or bug bites. Neosporin helped heal my sons burns and it is an affordable price. Also a little goes a long way. Neosporin is also effective on Rashes, pimples, rug burns, blisters, new tattoos and anything else that may be causing skin or body irritation. Neosporin is a great ointment and is a great value, it is worth the extra few cents to buy this brand and not the off brand.