Other Antiseptics & Antibiotic Ointments:
Neosporin
Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Maximum Strength Antibiotic/Pain Relieving Cream

Neosporin: Effective & Trusted

Neosporin is the brand I trust for all my cuts and scrapes. Not only does it heal, but this formula also relieves pain. It really does work. Personally, I don't like the cream as well as the ointment, but that's just me. I know it is just as effective, but I just don't like the consistency. Other than that, I feel good knowing that my wounds will heal quicker and not get infected with Neosporin.

USA

true

Even better with pain relief

I am a firm believer of Neosporin I have used it for many years. The only thing that I can trust to help heal a sore faster then ever. Then they finally came out with Neosporin plus pain relief maximum strength and not only is it a fast healer it now makes the Pain go away. I especially love this because I feel bad when my kids get a scrape or something and I wish I cold take the pain away for them. Now I can with this.

Undisclosed

just ok

I bought this new Neosporin Neo to Go Antiseptic/pain relieving spray with high hopes because it was coming from the Neosporin brand. I could really relate to the commercial ad campaign they ran of the mom being at the park and their child falling and she needs something immediately so she just pulls out the Neosporin Neo to Go Antispectic/pain relieving spray and takes care of the boo boo right there on the spot. But I was no longer excited about it after the first time using it. The lid comes off easily in my purse so the application part gets dirty easily, which isn't very sanitary to start with. Then when I spray it on my child's skin it drips a bit and I'm never positive that it is actually on the spot it needs to be on. I would rather just carry around a tube of original Neosporin. At least I can see where its applied and it creates sort of a barrier on the boo boo. I won't be purchasing this Neo to go anymore. Effectiveness I'm really not sure of its effectiveness because I was so disappointed with the application and the packaging that I haven't really given it much of a try. Ease of Application The packaging is quite awkward and it's not as easy as it looks to just quickly pull out this product and spray it quickly. Side Effects There are no side effects that I have been made aware of.

Undisclosed

true

I would not be without neosporin in my medicine cabinet

Neosporin is the best anti-bacterial product on the market. I have tried store brand antibiotic products and I have found that they do not promote healing as well as Neosporin. My skin is delicate and sensitive and easily prone to infection. I apply Neosporin to any scape or cut and I find that the redness is gone by the next day and the wound is healing nicely and practically gone by the end of a week. I have at least two tubes of it in the house and one out in our machine shed. We are farmers and a prone to injuries rather frequently. Plus we work in a less than sanitary environment. My husband and son also use Neosporin on their injuries without question. They rely on this product to prevent infections and promote quick healing. The pain-reducing medication is a definite plus to take the sting out of a cut or scrape. I recommend this product without question. Don't buy the store brand. Effectiveness fast Ease of Application a little bit greasy Side Effects no side effects at all

Medford, WI

true

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Cream is a household staple!

Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Maximum Strength Antibiotic/Pain Relieving Cream really is a great product. It helps our boo boos heal faster and keeps them from getting infected along the way! YAY, because this mom of 3 boys always is tending to cuts and scrapes, as well as my own clumbsy kitchen accidents such a burns and knife gashes!!! I keep Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Cream in my house and ready to go at all times. Effectiveness I find that most Neosporin products are awesome. This Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Cream is formulated with 3 antibiotics to help kill off icky bacteria. It has a pain reliever as well, which is a plus, but I don't really notice the pain killing benefits. I still tell my kids that it has it and they seem to think that it works...so A+! Ease of Application Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Cream seems a little slicker to me than the original formuls (maybe due to the added pain relief medicine). This didn't bother be so much, just after you put a band aid over this, it tends to ooze out further than the original formula. Not a huge deal, I just use a little less when using a band aid. But when I don't use a band aid it tends to stay greasy and can be messy when I apply it to my kids; they jump on couches, bump up in to things, walls, clothes so it does transfer if you use to much - takes awhile to absorb. Side Effects I noticed NO side effects after using Neosporin Plus Pain Relief Maximum Strength Antibiotic/Pain Relieving Cream on myself or my children. YAY!

Livonia, MI

true

Neosporin to go spray is great for the playground

I have always trusted Neosporin brand products to be high quality and something I could trust to keep my kids safe from infection. When I heard about the Neosporin to Go Antiseptic Spray with Pain Relief Wound Cleansers I had to give it a try. I have five rough and tumble boys and they are always getting into minor emergencies so I always keep a tube of neosporin on hand but it is tough to treat a wound when away from home. I usually just try to flush out anything that is stuck in the wound with some bottled water and depending on how traumatized the child is (some kids think the world is coming to an end with just a minor scrape) I may apply neosporin ointment or just leave it until we get home. The Neosporin to Go Antiseptic Spray with Pain Relief wound cleanser did an ok job with relieving a bit of my kids anxiety but it didn't seem to really do much to remove any sand or debris from the scrape. It didn't sting and I do feel better about using it as opposed to not using anything but I tend to use it as a temporary thing to hold us over until I can get home where I can really clean it and apply an antibiotic ointment.

Appleton, WI

Alleviates pain, kills infection

I often cause painful damage to my hands with the different types of work I do at home and around the house-cracks from constant handwashing, and cuts from yardwork, among other recreational things.  The throbbing of a cut is miserable, and sometimes keeps me awake at night.  I keep Neosporin + Pain Relief handy by my bed or in my bathroom, so I can take care of it quickly, and prevent infection.  It is handy for any painful small sore, even inside my nose.  Its good when my ear-pierced holes get infected, or when I get painful blisters on my feet.  It obviously is useful on any type of cut, and clearly prevents and eliminates infections.  When a cheaper option of the same cream is available, I will buy that, because its far too much money for such a small tube of cream.  I wish it came in a much bigger, economy size.  Bactine is also very useful for painful cuts, but of course doesn't have the infection-fighting ability.

Fairfield, VA

true

Neosporin to Go is great for home and away!

Neosporin is really the leading brand when it comes to wound care and antiseptic creams. I have been using it since I was little on cuts and wounds! It helps to heal the cut and keep it clear of any infection. This new "to go" packaging is great, because there is no cap to lose (why do they always seem to get misplaced within just a few seconds?)! It is in a small, oval package (like maybe three inches or so) that can be slipped into a purse, diaper bag, glove bog, backpack, suitcase, etc. You just aim and spray! I bought it originally to take it on a field trip when I was a volunteer mom for my daughter's class, but we have since used it at home, too. It sprays, but not too far -- it can easily be applied to even a small cut, and a band aid will still stick to the surrounding skin, which is important! It isn't like Bactine -- do you remember that stuff? It stung like the dickens, if memory serves me! This spray is healing and soothing, and it takes out the hurt from a boo boo! Side Effects No side effects -- not even a stain on our clothes!

Omaha, NE

Good for emergencies!!

I keep this antibiotic cream on hand at all times. We usually have a grandson that will hurt himself by falling off a bicycle or other scrape that needs cleaning and attention. I hadn't used it myself though until we went on vacation and I stuck my hand in my husband's shave kit and his razor was turned up instead of down. At first it didn't hurt but it did not take long for the pain to come. Wow!! That pain was incredible. I grabbed this tube of ointment and several band-aids to squelch the bleeding. Because the cut was fairly deep, I expected many days of discomfort and pain. It only took several days of ointment and band-aids and the wound began to heal on its own. Ironically, months later, I still remember that pain. I will be much more careful about where I stick my hand again. Thank goodness I had packed this ointment and thank goodness for the pain relieving analgesic and healing properties. It works!!

SmallTown, TX

true

Kills the pain and the bacteria too!

When you live in a household with five sons, antibiotic ointments and first aid products are an absolute must. One or the other of them is constantly getting scraped, cut, poked or something. My boys play hard. They like their game systems, but they don't sit in front of them all day. They usually play games at night but during the day, especially during the summer, their days are spent playing baseball, football, basketball, skateboarding, wrestling with other, climbing trees, fishing in the creek, or SOMETHING. They are very active and their activities very often leave them with boo-boos! Enter the antibiotic cream that kills more types of bacteria than any other antibiotic cream on the market: **Neosporin Plus Pain Relief, Maximum Strength, First Aid Antibiotic Cream**. Whether it's a rug burn from an inside wrestling match, a scraped knee from sliding into home or slip sliding off of the mat onto the grass, or a bug bite that they scratched a little too much, this antibiotic ointment is the very best. It keels bacteria that could cause serious infections and it even soothes the pain from the wound. You can't get any better than that! **Product Details**: ***"No other over the counter antibiotic cream kills more types of bacteria. Soothes painful cuts, scrapes and burns while preventing infection. Use Neosporin Every Cut. Every Time. First aid to help prevent infection and provide temporary relief of pain or discomfort in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns." *** **Active Ingredients: **Each gram contains: Polymyxin B Sulfate (10,000 units), Neomycin (3.5 mg), Pramoxine Hydrochloride (10 mg).**Inactive Ingredients:** *Emulsifying Wax, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Poloxamer 188, Propylene Glycol, Water (Purified), White Petrolatum.* My sons are much too physically active to NOT keep Neosporin Plus Pain Relief, Maximum Strength, First Aid Antibiotic Cream on hand at all times. Boo-boos equal bacteria and pain and bacteria equals infection. This product stops the pain and stops the bacteria from causing infections. It's the best product of it's kind on the market, and my family derserves the best, especially when it comes to their health--and so does your family! I definitely recommend this antibiotic ointment over all others.

Tiny Town, GA