Other Vacuums:

Pros

Cons

Set it and forget it.

Comments about Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum:

This is similar to the Roomba (but a bit cheaper). It allows you to set the vacuum to an auto mode, which will clean the home every 15 minutes (or you can change the time setting). You can also select the rooms to vacuum as well as the type of flooring it will go over.

Maneuverability
It can vacuum tile, carpet, hardwoods, and nearly any type of floors. It even has the ability to go over inclined areas (a few inches), allowing you to clean the whole home, even if you aren't there.

Ease of Maintenance
I empty out the filter once a day. As I keep it on the auto mode, it does get full of dust, dirt, hair, and other clutter. It is easy to remove, and it will help extend the filter's life when you clean it often.

Suction Performance
Certain stuck on pieces of garbage are hard to get off. For most pieces of trash and small dirt pieces, the vacuum can do the job well.

Versatility
It can go over nay floor, it vacuums any surface, it is small, compact, light in weight, and easily vacuums any area of the home.

Small enough to go under counters, cabinets, and fits tight corners. It can also maneuver through any tight corner, or difficult to reach space in rooms you can't get with a handheld vacuum.

It seems well built, it seems durable, and for about 6 months now, it has worked extremely well for us.

Neato Vacuum

Comments about Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum:

It is quite an amazing concept to think of a little robot vacuum but the idea seemed to make a lot of sense to me. I have a two story home with two German Shepherds. While the upstairs is carpeted, the downstairs living area is white tile. Having two dogs that shed quite excessively throughout the day makes it extremely difficult to stay on top of housework. As I was coming to my wits end trying to figure out an alternative I saw the Neato Robotic vacuum online. It was a bit of a pricey purchase as is the case with most vacuums yet I do not have a single complaint about it. I leave it to run through the downstairs area and when it needs to it just goes back to the charging dock. I find that incredibly helpful and it takes quite a heavy load off of my shoulders with the robotic vacuum picking up the pesky hairs left behind. It has stayed running just as strong as the day I purchased it. Of course it is not practical for heavy carpeted areas but other than that it works great.

The Make My Life Easy Machine

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum:

WOW! I would love to own one of these vacuum cleaners. I have had the privilege of using one in my part-time job, however, and I must say that this is a machine that is like having a second person there with you. All that I have to do is set the dial according to the room size and the amount of debris to be picked up and the type of flooring, push a button and the entire building (or home) can be cleaned while I tend to other duties. Yes, it really is that easy, and I LOVE this machine.
What about cleaning power you ask? It is equally impressive in this department. It can easily pick up smaller dirt and even some of the larger things, too. It is very powerful, and on most occasions I have no problem with the machine getting the job done without assistance. It has a long battery life and is very small so storage isn't a worry.
Versatility is also something enjoyed when using this machine. You can do both small and larger rooms with it. So, it can be used all over the home and beyond.
It is lightweight so it is easy to move from location to location without any troubles.

• Versatility:

not completely out of the ballpark, but still great

Comments about Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum:

I was pretty skeptical on how this robotic vacuum would work, but after purchasing it and using it for at least four months; some of my concerns about this machine disappeared. Most of the rooms in my house has hardwood flooring and carpet in the entertainment room. These are some negative and positive things I like about the Neato XV-11 Robotic vacuum.

Negative: The robotic vacuum suction isn't that effective on carpet or rugs because it doesn't vacuum the stuff that's on there. When the machine starts up, it makes really loud noises. The vacuum failed a few times to return home when it was done cleaning.

Positive: The cleaning bin that's sitting on top of the Neato robotic vacuum doesn't spit out the trash when you remove it. It's great on hardwood floors which saves me the hassle of the using the broom for dust and tiny bits of stuff lying around. It doesn't bang up against the walls and it detects your whole house layout going under furniture and around the area to pick up trash and dust.

Overall, its a nifty product to have and who wouldn't want a robotic vacuum. I'm lazy when it comes to sweeping, so this made my life much easier.

• Versatility:

Really great for working moms!

Comments about Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum:

This really saves a lot of time for me. I'm a working mom and I need all the help I can get in the household. Having this robot vacuum really saves a lot of time for me. I just leave this running when I leave the house, and by the time I get back, the house is vacuumed. I found that this goes around all the spaces and get the dust from even the corners. You can charge it for the rest of the day and by the morning it is completely charged. It also self-charges so when it thinks it's running low on battery, it will go to the hub and charge itself. It's not the cheapest thing but I think it is really worth it if you need to save time and energy.

Maneuverability
This can go anywhere including under the bed that regular vacuums cannot get to.

Ease of Maintenance
You really don't need to do anything other than keep the charger plugged in. It is very easy to use.

Suction Performance
This works as well as any regular vacuum. You wouldn't want to run it on really dirty surface, but it will clean a daily normal surface.

Versatility
This can be used on any type of surface.

I love the simple and modern design. I looks really fancy when it's running.

It's been going well for a year now.

• Versatility:

Works like a work hoarse

Comments about Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum:

This vacuum is great and works way better than a Roomba. Much quicker at doing a room and more thorough. It can be louder, but I didn't mind since it did such a good job. I had it for 5 years and ran it every day, sometimes twice a day. Had to replace the battery once. I loved that they sent new software updates so that it would have new features. For example it would do corners better, handle a heap filter or work. I ended up buying the pet brush and it did make it a little quieter.

Maneuverability
It menu events very well through all kinds of corners. It can get stuck on thick carpet.

Ease of Maintenance
You really only have to clean the bin out daily. The brushes hardly ever get stuck with hair.

Suction Performance
Very strong suction. A Roomba is really a dust pick up machine where I feel like this vacuum is actually a vacuum. I don't think you will be disappointed. Corners are good but not great. About once a month I take a broom and sweep out the corners to make sure they are perfectly clean. I don't think this is a big deal.

robotic vaccum

Comments about Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum:

I got this vaccuum over 2 years ago now and although it has got a little slower over time as the battery life has decreased; it still cleans the floors of my house every other day. It sucks up dog hair off of the wooden floors and rugs and helps keep my house looking that bit more clean. I have had to purchase replacement filters and brush and I am looking to get a new battery but the price of the battery is almost half the cost of the Neato so I may just buy a new vaccuum instead. It is a good investment and saves me time so to me it is worth the cost.

• Versatility:

Makes life so much easier

from Round Rock, TX

Comments about Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum:

We received the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum for Christmas in 2012 and have been using it almost daily since then. This is not an expense we would normally invest but since receiving it, we love it! One thing we noticed right off the bat was that it was fairly loud. It kind of sounded like a jet taking off in the house...which is great because that is the suction working! I would highly recommend using your broom to sweep around the edges of the walls before running the Neato. It does get very close to the walls but as there seems to be an abundance of dirt and grime around my baseboards...I like to take a little extra precaution. We are now living in a home with carpet and have noticed that it whines a lot. We are in the process of troubleshooting that issue. Also, one downfall is that when I pick it up to move it (when necessary), dirt will fall out the bottom onto my clean floor. Maintanance is very easy on the Neato. It will tell you when to empty the dirt bin and when doing so, I just vacuum the filter to make it last longer. Over all, I would highly recommend this product to just about anyone.

Ease of Maintenance
I like to vacuum the filter when I empty the dirt bin to prolong its life.

Suction Performance
Picks up all the little pieces of dirt!

Awesome

from Avoca, IA

Comments about Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum:

I am so pleased with this robotic vacumn cleaner. I couldn't get along without this vacuum cleaner. After having it for six months and using it twice a week I am still awed by the excellent job he does. It vacuums the entire house and never forgets any room. He stops half way through the house and goes back to the charger to recharge. After recharging he goes right back to where he left off. I am always amazed at the amount of dirt he gets each time. Oh yes it is a male and we named him.

Maneuverability
The vacuum finds his way in and out and around everything. Just amazing. I am so surprised how well he does. He know his way around this house just as well as we do. We are so happy that he gets under the beds and cleans every time we run him.

Ease of Maintenance
Maintenance is easy. He tells us exactly what he needs. He has a screen where he types his messages such as needing his bin emptied. Also he is so polite and thanks us after we do it.

Suction Performance
Amazing. We just can't believe the amount of dirt he sucks up each use. We always take our shoes off when we enter our home and we just can't figure out where all the dirt comes from.

Versatility
He is very good. He does all types of floor coverings and goes from one type surface to another and does both well.

I don't know how it could be improved.

One time he accidently fell down our basement steps. We heard him and were just sick. We thought he would be ruined. Much to our surprise all that happened is his dust bin was knocked ajar. He politely asked us to put his bin back in. Then when we set him down he said just a minute while I get my bearings. Then soon he was off and running and cleaning right where he was before he fell.

A true cleaning machine

from Strongsville, OH

Comments about Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum:

I have been wanting a robotic vacuum since they first came out but always had thick carpet and heard they were not good on that. Now we have hardwood and thinner carpets. So I splurged and got the Neato after reading so many bad reviews of the Roomba.
The Neato is so...neato. I love to walk down the stairs into a freshly vacuumed room and knowing I didn't even break a sweat!!
I remove all loose items and cords from the floor. It has stopped because of a fringe on a rug so I either remove them or tuck them under before the machine runs.
I love how it just goes back to its charging station no matter where it was in the house. And It is cute how it turns around and slowly wiggles back and forth to connect with the charger.
I still use my Dyson for a more thorough cleaning and for the stairs. But, I'm very happy to have gotten the Neato.

Maneuverability
There have been times I've found the Neato stuck going from our hardwood to the area rug. There is a pad under the rug and if the Neato doesn't have a running start...if it is close to the wall then tries to get onto the rug...it will not make it over onto the rug.
Another issue I've noticed is that it doesn't always clean the whole room. I don't know if my dog gets in the way of the scanner and so it stops short of the whole room?? But if I reset it and have it run again, then the area that was previously avoided will then be included.

Ease of Maintenance
The Neato is very polite and thanks you when you empty the bin! It is a small bin ...but it's a small machine. I empty the bin every time it goes back to its station to charge. I have the animal up grade so it has a thicker filter. So far things have been good. It will even tell you to clean the roller if it is stuck with hair or a fringe rug.

Suction Performance
There is always dirt in the bin when I go to empty it.

Versatility
It cleans on carpet and hardwood and tile.

I love that the front is squared off so it goes flat to the edges. It is low enough to go under my bed (to the dismay of my cat who hides there when the machine is working!)

I haven't had it very long to know how durable it is. It has been working almost every day for the last two weeks...so far so good.