Other Grains & Pastas:
Rice & Grains
Near East
Near East Toasted Almond Rice Pilaf

Near East Toasted Almond Rice Pilaf

We love Near East Toasted Almond Rice Pilaf!

from New Jersey, NJ

Comments about Near East Toasted Almond Rice Pilaf:

We include rice as a side dish to many of our dinners.  Most of the time it is plain white jasmine or basmati rice that I can cook in my rice cooker, but occasionally I use *Near East Toasted Almond Rice Pilaf* to switch things up a bit.

This *Toasted Almond Rice* is a box containing a rice/orzo/wheat mixture and packets of toasted almond slivers and a spice mixture.  You add 1 and 3/4 cups of water plus butter or olive oil to a medium pot and then bring it to a boil.  Once it is boiling, you stir in the rice and packet contents, return to a boil, and then cover the pot, lower the heat, and simmer everything for 20-25 minutes. It really is simple to cook *Near East Toasted Almond Rice Pilaf*!

There is a reason that I own a rice cooker.  In all honesty, I am a complete failure when it comes to cooking rice in a pot on the stove.  After a couple of years of sticky and gluey rice, my husband suggested that my mother-in-law buy me a rice cooker when she asked what she should buy me for Christmas.  It really was a present for both my husband and myself.

Despite my ineptitude at stovetop rice cooking, I've successfully made this *Near East Toasted Almond Rice Pilaf* dozens of times.  It is easy to make and a delicious side dish for chicken, fish, or even a vegetable main course.  We really love it and I will be buying it for as long as I can find it in the local grocery store.  Highly recommended!