Other Hair Colorings:
Naturtint

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

The guy who cuts my hair didn't know I colored my hair!

This is the best hair color on the market. I have been using it for years and my hair looks better than when the salon did it.

Find it in stores that sell...Read complete review

Find it in stores that sell cruelty-free and natural products. You can also find it online.

The color lasts and the only reason I have to color often is that my hair grows like weeds. Never because it is dull.

Naturtint Hair Color

I have been looking for a more natural hair color for a long time and I thought I had found one that I could feel good about using. It was easy to mix up, the color came out great, and it covered my gray perfectly.

BUT a few weeks after using the hair color my head started to itch intensely. It got soo bad that I couldn't sleep at night!! I thought I had head lice or something but after doing some research I realized that I was having an allergic reaction to the chemicals in the hair color. I thought I was doing something good for my hair, but I am very allergic to the henna dyes and won't be using it again.
If you do use this hair color, just be aware that some of the ingredients in it can cause an allergic reaction. Do some research before you make your decision. This hair color isn't as natural as it claims to be.

This hair color did a great job covering my gray and lasted a lot longer than other colors normally last.

Ease of Application
This hair color was very easy to mix up and apply to my hair. It was thick enough that it didn't drip but not too thick that it was hard to cover the hair.

Naturtint Permanent Hair Color 5N Light Chestnut Brown

Comments about Naturtint Hair Color:

Easy to use. Good directions and no odor. I use the color 5N. Directions are easy and concise . NO harmful chemicals. If you splash some on the floor etc wipes easily. I do use a coating of oil near my neck and forehead so it does not stain. I have in the past forgotten to coat this areas with oil and have no problem getting off just need to scrub a bit.

I usually apply when I have not washed my hair for 2 days. Having "unclean hair" seems to make application easier and last longer.
I can usually go 6 weeks before roots show. I have short hair.
A nice sample of shampoo comes with the product and a conditioner. I would say the first week the color is looking a little dark but then it is just perfect.... I guess if you washed more it would not take two weeks but I wash my hair every other day.

When I wash it out after applying the hair feels a bit course but when the conditioner is applied it is easy to come after showering. I wish I could purchase the conditioner that comes with the kit for year round use .

Ease of Application
Convenient application bottle and easy to mix and apply. Gloves are included in the kit. It is so easy my husband does the application for me. What we like is there is no odor at all !!

• Ease of Application:

Natural looking color without harsh chemicals

from Matawan, NJ

Comments about Naturtint Hair Color:

After seeing a naturopath, it was suggested to me that I use a haircoloring that does not contain harsh chemicals. I went to my local health food store and found Naturtint at a fairly reasonable price. Upon applying the coloring, I was delighted that it did not contain the strong, cheap smell of conventional hair dyes. It also covered my grays very well as some of my grays are very stubborn to cover. It leaves your hair very shiny and the color is very rich thereafter. The reason why I gave it an 8 instead of a 10 is because it could brass after several weeks, even if you use shampoo and conditioners for color treated hair. Otherwise, it is a product that I would definitely recommend.

It covers stubborn grays very well and leaves a shiny, natural looking color.

Ease of Application
The application is just about the same as any other liquid hair coloring out there. You mix it, wear the plastic gloves, and need to be careful that you don't apply too much at once as it could drip.

Colors very well.

Comments about Naturtint Hair Color:

I bought this products to get rid of some of my hairs that are a different colors than the rest, and it worked exactly like how I expected it to. I no longer have the different colored hairs and I can wash my hair without the color fading. I'd say that this product is very effective, and it is very simple to apply it to the spots in your hair. Any time that I need to recolor my hair, I'm going to buy this product again, and I will continue to do so until they either stop making this product and I have to find another one to use, or I go bald.

This product is one hundred percent effective. It does exactly what it should, and you are left with very nice-looking hair.

Ease of Application
When getting this product out of the box, it should say how to apply it to your hair. If you follow the instructions, your hair should turn out exactly how you want it, and you shouldn't have any problems with this whatsoever.

It Doesn't get any better than Naturtint hair color

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Naturtint Hair Color:

For a do it yourself beautiful color Naturtint hair color is the perfect brand. I have tried so many other brands before but this one is by far the best. With other colors I have had the problem of it making my hair hard and brittle, but with natrutint my hair is left soft and moisturized. It makes me feel a lot better about dying my hair at home and by myself. It is so easy to apply and it's just as messy as any other hair color but that is just a given when coloring your hair. I will probably never use another brand and I have recommended this brand to lots of my friends and family. I will continue to use and recommend this product to others.

This product did exactly what I wanted it to do. It actually exceeded all of my expectations. I was left with a salon look and I get so many compliments on my hair color and how healthy it looks. I am really satisfied with the effectiveness of this brand.

Ease of Application
This brand is just like any other hair color when it comes to applying it to your hair. But the outcome is worth the temporary mess.

• Ease of Application:

Good non toxic hair color

from Milpitas, CA

Comments about Naturtint Hair Color:

I like that this hair coloring product is not full of toxins. Our skin is trans dermal. A large percentage of what we put on your skin is directly absorbed into the blood stream. Our skin is our third kidney, so be careful what you put on it.Covers grey well. Includes shampoo and conditioner.

• Ease of Application:

Naturtint is as close to perfect as I can find

from Suburban, NY

Comments about Naturtint Hair Color:

My husband and I battled about hair dye when I was pregnant. Naturtint Hair Colorant was our compromise - I kept my hair gray-free without the possibility of harsh chemicals hurting our baby.

The first thing we noticed was the complete lack of offensive odor common to most hair dyes, probably due to the lack of ammonia. My hair felt softer after the very first use. It also seemed that my hair had more volume.

The dye is made from organic ingredients, but is not 100% organic.

It does seem to fade slightly faster than some of the other dyes I have used. But, other than the time factor, dying one week earlier than normal is not that big of a concern since the dye does not contain harsh chemicals.

Naturtint is available in some natural food stores, but the cheapest price seems to be online, so you might have to order multiple at once.

Very natural looking color

from Edmonds, WA

Comments about Naturtint Hair Color:

I have been using Naturtint for over year now an must say that i love it. I tried to use some different "natural" brands, but the results were very inconsistent (maybe I am just unlucky). With Naturtint, the resulting color is very close to nartural shades. I am using golden chestnut and it comes out beautifully. The big advantage is that there is no nasty ammonia smell to this hair color as I am sensitive to smells. I also like the multiplier conditioner, that is enclosed in the package. Unfortunately, I could not find it in stores being sold on its own...

Will only use this from now on!

from Grand Junction, CO

Comments about Naturtint Hair Color:

I bought another brand based on the color examples on the box and I had read reviews that it was one of the top drugstore brands for covering grey. Well, I followed the instructions and I am an experienced at home colorist, what I ended up with was- *a light purple color wash* over my previously colored hair and **bright purple** hair on all of my grey roots. It looked like I colored my hair with grape Kool-aid! The color I chose was Midnight Ruby, it was supposed to be a dark brownish black with burgundy tint.

I ended up recoloring two days later with Naturtint dark chestnut brown, it did a **beautiful **job of fixing my purple hair disaster. **I definitely recommend this product! **It covers grey very well, I am 50/50 grey with naturally dark brown hair and it works great to cover the grey, it covers 100% on me. I just wish it came in more colors, like the dark brown/burgundy I was originally going for with the other brand...I have found that the browns that are lighter than the dark chestnut, in this brand, don't cover the grey as well (on me) and get too brassy/red after a while...*but I still like it better than other storebrands.*****

Beautiful hair color, love it!

from New Salem, PA

Natural Match Hair color by Loreal

This Loreal product is a great  hair color its very natural and I've received many compliments on the shade. When you can do it yourself and get such good results you don't mind paying a little more for the product.  Great value for the money.It was very easy to use and the conditioner included was a ample amount for continued use as directed.Reccommend to all.