Other Supplements:
Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed Capsules

Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed Capsules

Safe and Effective for Nursing Moms

Comments about Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed Capsules:

Milk supply can be affected by many things. Whether it's genetics, lack of sleep, baby's growth spurts, or just a hectic season of life, it is very stressful and discouraging as a new mom to find that you don't have enough milk for your baby.

Fenugreek helped me to increase and maintain my milk supply until my baby outgrew nursing. On the days that I would get too busy and forget to have mine, I would start to notice my supply going down very quickly.

Nursing moms have to be careful what kind of things they put into our bodies, because it they often are ingested by baby as well. As a natural and safe herb for nursing mothers, Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed Capsules are the perfect natural solution to prompt your body to make your milk. And it actually works!

These capsules are a really convenient way for moms to take fenugreek when they're on the go. Sometimes you aren't always able to make a hot tea, but these capsules can go anywhere and be taken any time of the day.

Enabled me to continue nursing my infant!

from Brookings, OR

Comments about Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed Capsules:

I started using Fenugreek when my daughter was 5 months old.  My perscription was changed and the new medication made my milk supply drastically decrease.  I started taking two Fenugreek capsules 3 times a day and had a noticable difference by the end of the day!  If not for fenugreek I would not have been able to contine nursing my child!

Feugreek saved my sanity.

from Salem, OR

Comments about Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed Capsules:

I started taking Fenugreek capsules to boost my milk supply for my daughter. I was having issues with getting enough milk pumped every day so that her dad could feed her too. I started taking 2 pills once a day and within 3 days i could pump up to 24 ounces throughout the day as well as still feed my newborn. It is an awesome supplement that provides great benefits.

I personally never noticed a change in my own odor, however with any herbal supplement that is always possible. I did notice that it can have a very bad aftertaste, so be sure to take it before a moderately sized meal.

Another way that Fenugreek can be taken is in the form of an herbal tea. Some say that it tastes bitter, but mixed with some sweet herbs it should work great.

My biggest advice, however, when taking any herbal supplement, is to ask your doctor as well as an herbalist to make sure that it is right for you. I know that Fenugreek is not for diabetics, as it may cause a mild to severe drop in blood sugars. This is something that should not be taken lightly.

Fenugreek aided with breastfeeding

from Level Plains, AL

Comments about Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed Capsules:

I started taking fenugreek while I was breastfeeding, after discovering I was having a problem producing enough milk for our daughter. After starting to take the maximum doseage recommended by my doctor, I started to see a little bit of a change. I can't honestly say that it was definately because of the fenugreek, because I was doing everything possible to try to produce more milk. But I think it at least helped out in the process. The bad part about taking fenugreek, at least in the dosage I was taking, is that it made me feel light headed and I started getting headaches taking it. I also noticed that when I ate or drank any dairy products it made my stomach hurt. It was also weird that it started making me and my breast milk smell like maple syrup, but it didn't seem to bother our daughter. I would just recommend to anyone starting to take fenugreek, to make sure that you take it with food to prevent getting light headed especially when getting up from sitting down for a while. Also to make sure that you talk to a doctor or lactation specialist before talking it to make sure you know how much to take, and that you take caution in comming off of it when you are done.

Nature's way saves the day

from Oceanside, CA

Comments about Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed Capsules:

Fenugreek is a building block for a mom who is breastfeeding. You can do research, you can ask a doctor, but what it comes down to is what YOUR maternal insticts are telling you. Mine were telling me I had to do something that would help me boost my milk supply and not bust my budget.

I first purchased a name brand version of this at a nuitrition store. Looking back, I can't believe I paid 14.99 for a large bottle of this. But in my defense, i was in a crunch.

I was perscribed the "mini pill" and low-and-behold, my milk supply plummeted. I knew I had to do something fast. I not only discontinuted the pill but I also purchased this the same day. I took the recommended daily suggestion at first, for may be the first 2 doses. Then I started smelling the "maple syrup smell" and knew it was working. I backed off it, taking 1 pill 3 times a day. This really saved the day. I didn't have engorgment, I couldn't pump a bunch of milk out of me. That's unrealistic. But what did happen, was my supply went back to where it was and that really really helped me stay afloat!

Great for increasing milk supply

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed Capsules:

My lactation consultant and son's pediatrician suggested that I take fenugreek to help with my milk supply, and it made a big difference within just a few days!  I had been exclusively breastfeeding since he was born, but around four months, he started having sleeping problems (after about a month of sleeping through the night.)  We found that giving him an extra bottle of previously pumped milk helped him sleep, so it made sense that I might be having supply issues.

I take three capsules three times a day -- usually with food, but I don't think it makes a difference.

The lactation consultant had warned me about the maple syrup smell, and while I do smell it in the capsules, I haven't had any issues with smelling like maple syrup.  (She said that sometimes your sweat or urine can smell syrupy.)  I will say that every now and then I get a little hiccup that tastes a little like maple syrup.

Fenugreek helped sustain my supply

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed Capsules:

I searched many websites and chat boards to see what could help my low milk supply. I read about mother's milk tea and Fenugreek. I never had a great supply of milk, but I noticed a slight improvement when I used Fenugreek when my supply began to decrease. I had to take the maximum dosage and knew that when I began to smell like maple syrup, I was using the correct amount. I would take Fenugreek with meals and a ton of water. I am not one hundred percent certain the increase was all due to the herbs or the water in addition to the herb. I used Fenugreek for both of my children for about one month each child when my milk started to decrease and it helped sustain as well. It was difficult to find Fenugreek in many stores so I had to call around searching for the product. I was against using a prescribed medication and am sure this helped me some and would recommend trying Fenugreek to any nursing mother having supply issues.