Other General Household Cleaners:

Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner

Pros

Cons

Wow Windex is Great

I was tired of using chemicals all the time, so this past weekend I sent out and got a bottle ow Windex natures Glass cleaner.  I wan't sure if I would like it or sure it would acutally clean a greasy glass top stove.  I was so so impressed.  It smells so pure and natural, lightly orange scented.  It cleaned up my stove of the grease perfectly.  I used it on windows, and had NO streaking, I used it on my stainless steel microwave's exterior and it cleaned it to a shine, and I also cleaned the interior of the microwave, in the past I didn't want to clean it with anything but lemon and water because of the chemicals and the chemical smell.  The interior of my microwave sparkles and smelled clean, not like chemicals.  I cleaned my son's bathroom and it took the toothpaste off the mirrow, no streaking, cleaned the countertops in the bathrooms and the kitchen, I felt like i was doing something good for my family too, knowing that I am reducing the amount of chemicals that i use in our home.  I would recommend this to anyone, Windex has an impecable reputation, but it just got better.

This is terrible. The name "Windex" shouldn't be on it.

My parents have been buying earth-friendly cleaning products, and good for them. However, the Nature's Source Windex is terrible. Since it has "Windex" printed on it, I expected the bathroom mirrors to be nice and clean after using this product. However, they came out extremely streaky, and looked dirtier than before I cleaned them with this "Windex." We usually use Clorox Green Works, which I never noticed any problems with before... so I used the Clorox product to fix the Windex streakiness. The Windex product must have left some sort of residue on the mirror, because the Clorox product is having trouble getting it off. What a pain. I guess the Nature's Source Windex cleaner could be used to clean surfaces that aren't glass, just so the streakiness won't be noticable. We still have 2 bottles of the stuff, so I guess we'll just have to use that.

Nothing beats the original Windex full of chemicals.

Windex 70510 Natures glass Surface Cleaner is Streak Free

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner:

I love using products that are chemical free and safe for my household , grandchildren and pets, so when I saw this , I decided to try it. I have always used Windex products and they are always my go to favorite for windows and glass doors. This Windex natures works great!! I used it on my windows, both inside and out and they came out streak free. Sometimes with the other cleaners i see a streak or two and it drives me crazy so i was very pleased that this product did not do that. You can use it on any glass surface but I have also used it on my counter tops. I use it on my windows, glass top stove, glass top tables and more as it works anywhere. the scent is nice and does not overpower you with chemical smells as it is natural. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who has young children or pets as it is safe . Also, it is very effective at cleaning with a minimum of wiping. The price is fair, it lasts a long time.

great

Very nice

Invisible Windows

Comments about Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner:

This window cleaner gets so much respect from me! It cleans the windows easily, efficiently, and leaves them streakless and spotless after I'm done.
I've always worked with cleaners that leave little smears or leaves you putting your full strength and trying to scrub the window for hours. That's not what Windex does.
I spray the window twice at a foot distance, then use a washcloth to simply wipe over the window. Please do not use tissue paper or napkins, because then, streaks and little pieces of towel would be left and smeared all over the window. Then it becomes even harder to get the window clean.

This product smells fine although I don't especially love the smell. I ask my younger ones to stay away when I'm using it because it does rather smell chemical-y.
Overall, I highly recommend this for household purposes and I can't imagine the state of my windows without it.

a great windex product and better for you

Comments about Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner:

I am a huge fan of windex and this is my favorite of their line of products. It leaves windows looking awesome with no streaks. It also has much less of the chemicals and harmful stuff that the original formula has in it. I see this as a win-win situation for my windows and my family.

Streak free windows!

Comments about Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner:

This has to be one of the best windex products that we have used around the house ever. The Windex 70150 Natures Glass Surface Cleaner leaves our windows and mirrors streak free with very little effort. I absolutely love using this product around the home.

An affordable environmentally-friendly cleaning product

Comments about Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner:

I'm in the midst of reforming my old cleaning habits and am seeking out affordable, environmentally-friendly, natural cleaning products. One of my new favorite products is Nature's Source Natural Glass and Surface Cleaner. This is part of the Windex line of products by S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.

Unlike a lot of cleaning products that contain harsh chemicals and have strong odors, Nature's Source Natural Glass and Surface Cleaner uses plant-based, biodegradable cleaners and has a light scent.

Per the back of the bottle, this product:

* Safely cleans glass & mirrors, chrome, stainless steel, and more (not recommended on wood)

* Contains no ammonia, bleach, phosphorus, or dyes

* Was not tested on animals

* Is safe for plumbing and septic systems

* The bottle is made of 50% post-consumer plastic and is recyclable

The price for this product is affordable (especially when it's on sale) and I have also seen coupons for it. It does cost a little more than other cleaning products, but it is worth the small expense for an environmentally-friendly product that is versatile and does a great job.

I use Nature's Source Natural Glass and Surface Cleaner on a daily basis. I use it to wipe off my kitchen counters, stove, stainless steel dishwasher, kitchen table, mirrors, windows, and more.

I like that the scent is light and it makes my house feel clean without an overpowering aroma

Windex Natures Glass cleaner gets an A+

from Loveland, CO

Comments about Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner:

I'll admit I'm not usually the one who goes out in search of "earth friendly" cleaning products, allthough I know I should.

I purchased this product at the recommendation of the shop that tinted my car windows. They advised me that this product is safe to use on tint.

After bringing the Windex home, I thought it appeared to be little more than water in the bottle! I used it on the car windows and was surprised at how pleasant it smelled and how clean the glass was. I also used it to clean my touch screen stereo and DVD monitor in the car. They all came super clean, without any streaks!

So, then I thought I'd put it to the test inside the house. I again was surprised at how well it cleaned the mirrors, windows, and my flat top stove.

Since it doesn't contain any harsh chemicals I've found many new uses for it as well. I clean my LCD tvs screens, eyeglasses, the kids Nintendo DS screens, and just about anything else that I was always afraid to use regular windex on.

The main reason I'm going to continue to buy this product is number one, I have an asthmatic child in the household and the strong smell of regular windex has always been a concern and two, I think it actually cleans better than the traditional blue windex!

This product dries streak free and leaves no residue. I especially notice the difference on my black, flat top stove. Regular cleaners seem to leave a white film that I have to rinse off with plain water and a towel.

After this experience, I just may need to give all the other "green" cleaners another look before automatically picking up what I am used to buying.

Love that it gets windows streak free!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner:

I have always liked Windex for cleaning windows since no one likes streaks as it looks as if you never had cleaned your windows in the first place.Windex Johnson Wax 70150 Natures Glass Surface Cleaner not only gets my windows streak free but it cleans many other surfaces such as countertops, mirrors in the bathroom, as well as my car windows. I like that it has a pleasant fragrance and it really works well at keeping my home appear spotless and I actually enjoy cleaning more using this Windex product. It is great when you can experience a product such as this one that makes it easier than ever to keep your home looking clean and tidy and not having to worry about using a product that doesn't work well which in turn is just a waste of time and money. Windex has been a trusted household brand name for having a great reputation as being a well known manufacturer of window cleaning products for years.

Windex Nature's Source gets at A+ from me!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner:

I have always been a fan of Windex products, and when I recently needed to replenish my supply, I noticed Windex Nature's Source natural glass and surface cleaner was on sale, plus I had a coupon for it. I bought two bottles. After trying it, I am so impressed. It does clean glass and mirrors streak-free, and as a bonus, cleans counter tops, stove tops, and stainless surfaces as well. It contains no ammonia, bleach, phosphorus, or dyes, and has a very mild fresh scent. Not only is it a great cleaner, but it's environmentally friendly as well. Being a teacher, I give it an A+!

If you could have only one household cleaner, this should be it!

from Wylie, TX

Comments about Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner:

**Windex Nature's Source Natural Glass (and Surface) Cleaner **is a wonderful multi-purpose cleaner. Just like the rest of the products I have used that are made by SC Johnson, this product works very well. It really does leave a streak free shine household surfaces. It uses a plant based cleaning agent, corn-based ethanol and purified water combined into one powerful cleaner. Since it doesn't contain ammonia, bleach, phosphorus or dyes, I am more comfortable having my children use this product. I appreciate that it is safe for plumbing and septic systems. I also appreciate that it is not tested on animals. It leaves things sparkly clean, smelling fresh and super shiny! I use it to clean my countertops, refrigerator, microwave, faucets, mirrors, sinks, stovetops, appliance facings and many more things. I do not use it on wood, and it is clearly marked that you ought not do so. As far as I am concerned **Windex Nature's Source Natural Glass (and Surface) Cleaner **is an amazing little cleaner and I hope they keep making it so I can keep using it. If you have to choose one cleaner to have on hand, this is a good one to buy. I highly recommend it.

Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner works well

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner:

The Nature's Source line of products is made by SC Johnson company which made me have high expectations when I bought this. By and large, my expectations were fulfilled. This cleaner works well on interior glass surfaces, mirrors and interior windows for example. The results on exterior glass was a bit disappointing. I wasn't able to clean tree sap off the windows as well as I have with other products. But I did get fairly good results when I sprayed the window down a second time and went over it with a 3M sbrubbing sponge. I don't think I'll use this for exterior work, but it will be a go to choice when working inside.

It is not made as a simple glass cleaner, however. I have found that it also does a great job on cleaning laminates & plastics around the house, I have several laminate finish bookcases (think Ikea). A few spritzes and a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth and cleaning is done. I have also used it to clean an old CRT television and for a quick clean of kitchen surfaces. What is nice about using this in the kitchen is that I don't need to worry about unhealthy residues on food prep surfaces, which has kept me from using any of the common all surface cleaners that are on the market.