Other Supplements:
Nature's Bounty
Nature's Bounty Fish Oil

Nature's Bounty Fish Oil

There's nothing fishy about Nature's Bounty Fish Oil

Fish Oil is not a very glamorous subject for a review, but as I was especially pleased with this brand, I wanted to share it. Nature's Bounty Omega-3 Fish Oil is a cholesterol free Omega-3 fish oil that contains EPA and DHA to help support and maintain your cardiovascular system. Omega-3 fatty acids are "good" fats important for cellular, heart and metabolic health.

I started using fish oil when I was pregnant. I rarely eat fish of any kind. I hate to cook it, so I only occasionally get it when eating out . There has been so much talk recently of the importance of fish oil, but my dad told me that when he was a boy, his mother gave him a spoonful of cod-liver oil everyday. So, I guess the idea has been around a while. Thank goodness we now have pills to take.

The reason I like Nature's Bounty so much is the smell is lemony, not fishy. There is no aftertaste or burping fish taste. Another reason to choose this brand for your fish oil is that it has been purified to remove mercury. This Omega-3 fish oil is in a gel capsule. It is pretty huge, that is why i couldn't give it 5 stars. I have tried two other brands and they both came in huge gel caps, too. If I could find a smaller gel cap brand that had no fish fish taste/odor and was purified  I would prefer it.  It is narrow but still can be hard to get down if swallowing pills present a problem for you.

As far as cost, Nature's Bounty is very reasonable and it is a brand that is easy to find.

Decent Fish Oil

This stuff is pretty decent for the price but it doesn't compare to Carlson Fish Oil. I had to buy this due to some financial budgeting in order to live within my means recently. I wish I had just spent more to get Carlson. This stuff doesn't give me the same mood boosting effects and is so hard to swallow. It also smells pretty fishy in the bottle like a capsule broke in there or something. The good thing is that it doesn't smell like fish after I swallow the tablets and that it is a cheap solution for my heart health. It is very attractively priced and lasts for quite a long time. The EPA numbers of the fish oil are a lot less than Carlsol however. I'd have to think that's because this stuff isn't as concentrated. I heard the EPA number is what is effective for mood boosting so I will definetely be going back to Carlson after this runs out. I just feel like for health products its worth it to spend more to ensure you are getting something at the highest standards. That's just my opinion, though.

Works and doesnt taste bad

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Nature's Bounty Fish Oil:

I wanted to start taking a Fish Oil supplement to help with blood pressure. My blood pressure wasn't very high, but my doctor suggested changing my diet and taking a fish oil supplement to help bring it down and avoid taking prescription medication. I tried this brand because it was within my budget and always seems to be on sale. I wanted a supplement that did not taste fishy and this one seemed to have the best reviews. I can usually find a coupon as well in my local paper which is an added bonus. I take one in the morning and one in the evening and my blood pressure has been better. This vitamin does not have a fishy taste at all, and is easy to take. The pills are on the large side, but I do not have any problems taking vitamins. I take these with a full glass of water, and never experienced any side effects or an upset stomach. This brand has worked well for me, is cost efficient and is something I would buy in the future.

Works well smells bad

Comments about Nature's Bounty Fish Oil:

I use Nature's Bounty Fish Oil for heart health. Ever since I began using it almost a year my cholesterol numbers have greatly improved. I only take one softgel a day and it serves its purpose. However, I learned to NOT take this product on an empty stomach. The fish oil burps are awful! When I take it with food its not quite as bad but still there. Also the smell inside the bottle is quite overwhelming. But the fish oil itself has proved to have good benefits for my cholesterol health.

Works well for my needs.

Comments about Nature's Bounty Fish Oil:

My dog has sever allergies and requires diet substitutions such as this. The fish oil makes her coat shiny and she looks more "alive." I too have started taking these as a way to be healthier. I have noticed my nails and hair are healthier now. The only negative point is the fishy smell and occasional after-taste. I highly recommend this product.

Great quality product!

Comments about Nature's Bounty Fish Oil:

Nature's Bounty is a brand of vitamins and supplements that is nationally recognized and well respected in the consumer industry. That being said, their fish oil supplements are top notch. These omega 3 capsules are made with high quality fish and provide many of the same benefits that dietary sources of the nutrient provide. All of this in an easy to swallow pill that leaves NO fishy aftertaste. This is a problem noticed in many competitor's products. The health benefits of these capsules and the omega 3s they contain are well documented by most scientific studies when taken within range. The truth is most Americans are deficient in these types of amino acids due to a lack of fatty fish in the diet. By supplementing under physician's supervision, one has the possibility to attain the cardiovascular, cognitive, and musculoskeletal benefits offered by these chemicals.

Decent Fish Oil

from Tallahassee, FL

Great Fish oil supplement

from Macon, GA

Comments about Nature's Bounty Fish Oil:

I have tried many different brands of fish oil and this is my favorite!  I have a family history of heart disease and because I am at risk I started taking fish oil several years ago.  I will say that you need to be careful to look for the bottles that say "no fish burps".  Some of the varieties don't and you WILL get fish burps!!  Very unpleasant!!!

lowers blood pressure and cholesterol

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Nature's Bounty Fish Oil:

Nature's Bounty fish oil has been very helpful in helping me get my blood pressure back down, I can actually feel my body running at a slower pace when I take it. Years ago I took fish oil and the fishy aftertaste was unpleasant. I was happy to hear about this odorless form. It is much more pleasant without that heavy fish oil taste while still getting all the nutritional benefits. I am pleased with it and glad I gave fish oil another try. On my doctor's recommendation, I've been taking 1000mg of fish oil daily. However, within an hour the standard capsules start "reminding" you that you took them. I did some research and found the Nature's Bounty softgels to be a good deal, and once I started taking them, I found them to be an even better deal. I now take two 1000mg Nature's Bounty per day (about 12 hours apart) and there is absolutely no fishy aftertaste or "burpage." I credit them with helping bring my LDL cholesterol down from a shocking 311 to 150.

Increaed my HDL and lowered LDL with no fish burps!

from New Windsor, NY

Comments about Nature's Bounty Fish Oil:

I was told  by my doctor I needed to increase my HDL cholesterol, and that fish oil suppliments would be best. I tried several other brands that provide about 1000mg of omega a day, and all made me burp fish all day or did not sit well with my stomach. These are tasteless and only the ocasional fish burp I also increased my HDL more than I was supposed to, so go me!

No Fish Burps

from Kuna, ID

Comments about Nature's Bounty Fish Oil:

The bottle says odorless and no fish burps - and it's right.  I have tried a few different types of fish oils to get the omega 3, some make you burp a nasty terrible taste!!  I've heard that you can freeze fish oil pills to keep the burps from happening, I tried that with another type, but still had problems.  These pills don't cause any burps for me, I highly recommend them.  The cost is pretty good, and if you buy them when they offer the Nature's Bounty brand supplements as buy one get one free they are a great deal.

No Fish Breath; Goes Down Smooth

from Monroe Township, NJ

Comments about Nature's Bounty Fish Oil:

**I wanted an easy to use and easy to swollow product for me, and this is why I bought and am a continued user of Nature's Bounty Fish Oil.  The pills are small, are a nice color and have no taste at all, what-so-ever.  The bottle clearly advertizes "No Fish Burbs" and it is true so if this is a concern for you it dose not have to be anymore.  I have been using this Nature's Made product for over a year now and have never had any adverse side-effects or any negative experiences and becasue of this I highly recommend this product.  The only downside is that it does lack some Omega 9 in the pill and does recommend you take about 4 a day I beleive but the omega 3's and omega 6's included in the pill (which are great for the bodes HDL levels and brain function) are present in reasonable amounts and each pill is low in calories (about 10 per serving).  The bottle is also very conveinent; the top is an easy open flip up which is very easy to open, which is great for those with arthitus or who just dont want to open bottles in the morning.  This is a negative though for thos eneeding child-proof seals in the house so you may need tokeep these pill sup high just in case they are a choking hazard for the kids - not unhealthy for them to take though so no real danger other then choking.**