3.9
Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut

Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut

3.9

Quick snack that doesn't leave you needing something else.

**Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars: Fruit & Nut **have a lot of nuts and fruit in them.  Let me say the "*a lot*" again - a lot of nuts and fruit, as well as whole grain oats.  Nice and chewy, and not dried out or crumbly, they have good flavor and it's not like other snack foods. They are a bit on the sticky side though, so I tend to peel down the outter foil wrap as I eat it to keep my fingers free of the honey.  They actually seem to take the edge off your hunger until meal time, thereby preventing snack overload.Of all the different snack bars of this type out there this is the one that my family keeps asking for more.  They are easy to toss in your lunch box, great for a snack at home, and you can even keep a couple in your car for those unexpected long trips or day at the mall (Christmas shopping comes to mind, LOL) where you find yourself out and about and using lots of energy, but don't really want to stop for a meal.  These will do the trick to give you energy and take the edge off your hunger without blowing your scales off the chart.I don't really like the high sodium content - it lists sodium as 100 mg per bar.  However, I guess as preservatives go, it could be worse; it could be some man-made thing (the nutrition facts table lists salt twice as well as baking soda - which has its own level of salt in it).  Sugar is another high on the list.  We as a society really do depend too much on sugar to sweeten things up.  Other than that, as an occasional snack to tide you over it's great, and it's a nice change occasionally.  It's also easier to tote around than fresh fruit, so it's good for those day trips or outings, and not as bad for you as chips, cookies, and other stuff on which we all like to snack.  I'm not saying it can replace "fresh", but sometimes we all need a bit of convenience, and this does the trick.Five stars for a great quick snack - three for healthy ingredients, so that's about a four. :)*Nutrition Facts per bar:Total Calories = 140 (that's about 5,400 steps walking around the mall)Calories from FAT = 35Total Fat 4gSaturated fat 0.5gTrans fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 100 mgTotal carbohydrate 25gDietary fiber 1gSugars 14gProtein 3g**Ingredients:Whole Grain Oats, High Maltose corn syrup, crisp rice (rice flour, sugar, malt extract, salt), sugar, raisins, almonds, honey roasted peanuts, canola and peanut oil, fructose, sunflower seed, cranberries, rice maltodextrin, soy lecithin, salt, natural flavor, baking soda, mixed tocopherols and oil of rosemary added to retain freshness.

Oh no...they changed the recipe!

I noticed that the last batch of Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars that I bought are now different and NOT in a good way!  Now they have that fake taste like the Rice Krispie bars.  Why the heck did they change the recipe?  Did they think we would be fooled?

They also feel a bit lighter so I'm guessing they are cutting back on the quantity of nut and fruits in each bar.  These use to be my favorite snack for hiking and biking but now they are just average at best.

It looks like I'll have to find another snack.  I'll be writing Nature Valley to express my huge disappointment.  It baffles me when companies mess with something that is already successful.  I'd gladly just pay more if the bars were the same.  I encourage others to write the company and ask that they change it back!

A great granola-type bar

Comments about Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut:

These bars are not quite as healthy as the Nature Valley makes the products sound, however there is really nothing wrong with this bar. The chewy, sweet flavor mixes with the crunchy, salty flavor to create a really delicious snack that is worth trying. Best to buy this product when on sale.

These are so good.

Comments about Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut:

I love the Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars. The best part about them is the texture. You can taste the honey that's holding the bar together and it gives it a wonderful texture. There are whole nuts in these bars which is amazing! There's also fruits. There is no fillers in these granola bars. It's all healthy grains, oats, nuts, fruits, and honey. These are a great healthy treat for on the go and it doesn't make you feel guilty. I love these bars and highly recommend them!

pretty good

Comments about Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut:

These bars taste great, but like the Sweet and Salty bars I reviewed earlier they're probably not to appeal to picky children. They're both chewy and crunchy, having whole almonds which are kind of hard. They're a bit overly sweet as well, and are intensely nutty and fruity. I can't recall if there's any grains like or oats in them at all, because the nuts and fruit are so dominant. They're probably not for everyone.

Leaves you full!

Comments about Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut:

This is a great trail mix bar. I am always making my own bars at home because we hike and camp a lot. The Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut provides me with all the nutrition and energy that I need to finish out the trip. Provides instant relief against hunger>

The Greatest Way to Eat Trail Mix.

Comments about Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut:

Nature Valley is a great company offering a ton of great granola, fruit and nut products. My favorite would have to be the Chewy Trail Mix Bars. They are made with fruit and nut ingredients. Raisins, almonds, peanuts and cranberries...plus granola of course. The bar itself is glued together with honey. The taste is fantastic and sweet, but not overbearing. They come in foil packages, boxes of 8 - 12 count.

Great On-The-Go Snack!

from Warren, OH

Comments about Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut:

I personally love the Nature Valley brand snack bars, and the Trail Mix Fruit & Nuts is one of my favorite. When I'm hungry and on the go, I don't want something sweet or junky, I want something that will actually tide me over. The fruit in this snack bar gives some sweetness and the nuts add the much needed protein punch to help the snack last longer.

One of the other reasons I like the Nature Valley snack bars are because they have a lower calorie content than some of the other on-the-go bars, usually only 120-140 calories a bar. I am trying to get back into shape after having two babies, and I don't want an extra meal in calories to throw my whole day's nutrition off.

They also often go on sale, making them an affordable snack to have on hand. So all around I recommend Nature Valley bars, especially the Fruit & Nut bars if you don't want a lot of sugar added to your day! The Sweet & Salty bars are also really good! :-)

nature valley trail mix bars are a healthy but satisfying snack.

from Oklahoma

Comments about Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut:

I love the flavor of these bars. They are satisfying not only due to the taste but due to the texture as well. They are relatively low in sugar and contain a variety of healthy snacks such as craisins, raisins, and nuts. They are great to put in kids lunches or to send with them for a snack. I often work out of my car and like to have them around because I can eat them while I drive since I rarely stop for lunch. Also, they are generally unaffected by the weather so you don't have to worry about them spoiling or melting in the car. They have a really great, almost addictive flavor and make a good substitute for a candy bar as well. They provide quick energy but without guilt. They have a relatively low calorie count as well. These are some of my favorite snacks.

sounds good...but not reality

from Germantown, MD

Comments about Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut:

i stopped purchasing/consuming. they have either high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oil in them or both.  i can't remember.  either way, i will not consume even if it's a freebie.  i eat chocolate mint cliff bars or luna bars instead.  more expensive, but aren't you worth it???

nature valley-chewey trail mix bars are addicting

from Carmel, ME

Comments about Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut:

the nature valley chewy trail mix bars are so addicting. they are heathier then candy, easy to grab and go, great for snacks, taste yummy. They are on sale often, which makes them inexpensive. The kids love them in their lunch boxes, or for a quick snack after school.

Nature Valley Trail Mix fruit and nut bars cure all my cravings!

from Prairie Du Sac, WI

Comments about Nature Valley - Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit & Nut:

I would have never tired these if my friend would not have bought them in bulk and offered me one while studying. They are sweet and alittle salty, full of nuts and little cranberries. I absolutly love these bars! Plus they are pretty healthy for those on a diet. If you dont like nuts, wouldnt get them though cause they are full of them!

wish i had the recipe to make them on my own..

<3 Darcy