Other Supplements:

Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels

Pros

Cons

Nature Made Fish Oil - 1200 mg: For heart, brain & joint health

For as long as I can remember I've always loved fish.  Growing up I can remember talking my way into invitations from my Catholic friends to Friday dinner (Fish Night!)  They often thought I was crazy, because they were trying to talk their way into invitations to my (Jewish) home on Friday nights to participate in Chicken Night!

Back then, who knew that fish had some powerful fatty oils that were especially good for you.  Today, there is a lot of talk about Fish Oil and its high concentration of Omega-3 fatty oils.  Most medical experts now agree that Omega-3 oils (DHA & EPA) are extremely important in maintaining heart health by reducing inflammation and decreasing Triglycerides.  Essentially, they may reduce the risk of heart disease.

Even the very conservative FDA has acknowledged the supporting data for these claims, although they still maintain an official view that the studies are not yet conclusive.

My Cardiologist strongly advises me to eat fish as often as possible and to supplement my diet with a daily dose of at least 500mg of Omega-3 oils.

**Nature Made 1200 mg Soft Gel Fish Oil**

Each 1200 mg Soft Gel Capsule contains 360 mg of Omega-3 oils obtained from both anchovies and sardines, fatty fish known for their high Omega-3 content.  Nature Made claims that the fish used in their oils are exclusively from wild ocean species rather than farm-raised.

**Recent Information**

Recent studies appear to support claims that Omega-3s support both brain as well as joint health.

Research released in the last few days now associate high Fish Oil intake with the slowing of biological aging.  I'll leave you to Google the subject.

**My Viewpoint**

Fish Oil had me when I learned I had Heart Disease.  As much as I love fish, there's only so much a married cook can eat, right?  To me it's a no-brainer.  I take two 1200mg Soft Gels each morning with breakfast.  I never give medical recommendations, but I'd recommend you discuss this with your doctor and do some reading as well.

Rudi

Go with another brand that will actually DISSOLVE in your system

I bought these for my husband, who had been hearing a lot about the benefits of fish oil in the news, and wanted to try them to boost his brainpower/mental alertness/memory.  Initially, he was pretty pleased with them....there was none of the fishy burps that people talk about, and he seemed to be tolerating them quite well.  That changed after about two weeks of taking these pills.  He began having terrible lower back and abdominal pain.  It got so bad he finally went to the doctor (which he typically avoids at all cost, so I knew this was really bugging him).  He asked the doctor if it may be related to the fish oil, and was told that was unlikely.  Regardless, he stopped taking it.  He typically would put one pill in his pants pocket to take at work with his breakfast.  He ended up not taking that pill, and it went thru the washer and dryer.  Next time he wore the pants he noticed the pill still in the pocket - looking completely normal.  It looked like it had just come out of the bottle.  How could something that wouldn't dissolve in a hot, soapy washing machine dissolve in your stomach.  I don't know if it is coincidence or not, but shortly after he stopped taking these fish oil pills his back and abdominal pain went away.  We didn't even finish the bottle - we thru them out.

Nature Made Fish OIl Omega 3 Softgels

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels:

OK, I've been taking this for over a year now with seemingly good results. My blood pressure has gone down a little, I've lost weight but most noticeably, I find that I'm having a lot less trouble with dry eyes. My doctor also recommended to me to eat fish as well as the supplement may be missing some of the desired effect. My doctor also warned me that taking too much of this supplement can actually be harmful and isn't good for the heart. This supplement is a great way to help you get healthy and lose weight, lower cholesterol and other things but you really need to consult your physician before starting any kind of dietary supplement program. Just because they are advertised as healthy and safe, doesn't always mean they are for you and your issues. As always, read the label and talk to a pharmacist before taking any medication or supplement. Also, always read the labels as there can be interactions with other medications and supplements.

Good value and a healthy and needed supplement

Comments about Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels:

The Bottom Line: Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels are a great value as far as fish oil supplements goes, and it is probably one of the most useful supplements you'll ever take. No fishy smell or aftertaste, this one is my go-to Omega 3 supplement.

I started taking Fish oil Omega 3 softgels about two years ago when I realized I really was not getting enough Omega 3 from my diet (we rarely eat fish in my family). My hair and nails had also started to break and look unhealthy, and I wanted to give my hair and nails a needed boost in order to feel and look better. I started taking two pills per day (one with breakfast and one with my dinner), and it took about a month or so to start seeing a difference not only in my hair and nails, but also in my skin. I also do feel better knowing that fish oil has cardio-protective benefits. I have tried several different brands of fish oil and Nature Made is by far the one that has the least fishy smell, and that won't make me burp afterwards, and we all know how unpleasant those fishy burps can be.

With all the different options available for fish oil, it makes a bit difficult to know which one is the best, but I can attest to the fact that Nature Made's Fish oil is my favorite not only because of its price but also because of all of its benefits. Highly recommended.

Fish Oil Supplements

Comments about Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels:

My husband and I are both older Americans. After his heart attack 6 years ago his physician recommended he start taking a fish oil supplement daily for his heart health. I on the other hand am a cancer survivor of almost 6 years now. After my cancer therapy my oncologist suggested that I start taking fish oil in the hopes of helping to avoid a recurrence of my cancer. So we have both used this product for years now and use it exclusively. For both of us this supplement does not upset our stomach or leave a nasty fish breath or after taste that some can. The soft gels are also easy to swallow. We also like this brand because it is available locally at not only our local drug store but big box store as well as the large drug store chains. With a wide local availability that gives us the opportunity to be able to shop around for the best prices. We have also been able to regularly find sales and a steady supply of manufacturers coupons to help with the expense of this product. And within the last month received a years supply of high value manufacturer coupons for this product from our health insurance carrier.

So for our family this product has become a staple in our quest for better health and disease prevention.

Finally, easy-to-swallow Fish Oil Pearls!

Comments about Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels:

After reading about the many benefits of fish oil (including the possibility of improved brain, eye, lung and heart function), I was very eager to try them, but I've always had difficulty swallowing large pills. After several false starts, I found Nature Made Fish Oil Pearls, which are much smaller and still contain 500 mg of fish oil. It's much easier for me to take two pearls than one regular fish oil capsule. I just take two pearls with my breakfast, and that's all there is to it. Even though they're small, the gelatin coating on the pearls is thick enough that I haven't had any problems with them dissolving and leaving me with a fish oil taste in my mouth. They're not advertised as "burp-less", but I haven't ever experienced any of the dreaded fish oil burps. For me, Nature Made Fish Oil Pearls are a good way to get the health benefits of Omega-3s without any unpleasantness.

A weird after taste, but it is worth it.

Comments about Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels:

I have been looking for a good fish oil supplement that will fulfill my needs for a decent soft gel tablet that gives me the omega 3's I need. While the Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 softgels are somewhat expensive, they are definitely worth it. I often have pressure in my stomach after that makes me feel like I want to burp, but am unable to, which leaves me feeling sick for a couple hours after taking them. These soft gels don't make me feel like I need to burp after and are coated well so I don't get an overwhelming fish taste in my mouth after taking them. There is a little bit of a fish after taste when I take these soft gels but it isn't that bad. The bottle is small enough to store in small places and the cap is easy to pop open while keeping the soft gels fresh. My skin looks much better, and I have noticed that my hair looks much healthier as well. I would definitely recommend these soft gels.

Fish oil helps with dry skin

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels:

I would love to be one of those people who have salmon for lunch every day or tuna for dinner a couple of times a week. However, as much as I've tried to work more fish into my diet, I don't really enjoy the taste of something like salmon, and my family doesn't like fish for dinner. The next step was to try fish oil tablets.
I had heard a lot about the health benefits of adding fish oil to your diet. The one I was most interested in was the idea that it can help with chronically dry skin. I had seen articles from, dermatologists that stated this, so I was willing to try swallowing what looks like a horse pill in order to help my dry skin.
The tablet is big, which made me leery at first, but I found it was relatively easy to swallow (and I often have trouble swallowing pills). The pill itself has no taste, and I did not have any trouble with "fish burps," as I had heard some of these pills tend to give.
I take either one or two pills a day (I don't always remember to take two). After taking these for several weeks, I began to notice that the texture of my dry skin was getting smoother. Since the only new thing I was doing was taking this vitamin, I have to attribute it to this. I have been very pleased with the results and hope that with sustained use, my dry skin will continue to improve.

Taste bad, works good

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels:

After dealing with a somewhat minor depression issue, I decided to go the more direct and natural way. My doctor helped me to establish a diet and supplement treatment plan that included taking omega 3 fish oil. I decided to go with Nature Made Fish Oil initially because I had previous experience with different products they manufacture and I have a positive overall opinion about the company. The first day taking the Nature Made Fish Oil Softgels was difficult. I was very nauseated and sick to my stomach. Every time I burped or swallowed, I tasted fishy remnants. The second day, I took the soft gels with a lot of milk yet, I still tasted the fishy after taste. I was not however, feeling sick or nauseated. I continued to take the soft gels because my doctor insisted. I am glad that I stuck with them though. The actually worked well for the purposes I was taking them. I still do not like the fishy after taste but, I have found that if I use mints, it cuts down on the after taste. The quality of the Nature Made Omega 3 Fish Oil Soft gels are in my opinion, really amazing. They cost a bit more than some other supplements on the market. I feel confident in saying the are well worth he cost of them. I am confident in the brand entirely and have used it over the years. I will continue to use it for as long as I need to.

Very good to supplement with.

Comments about Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels:

I'm involved with bodybuilding so I make sure that I supplement with multivitamins and things that would help my body stay in good shape. I never bothered with fish oils until last year. I started having problems with my joints and would have to take time off from the gym to heal them. One of my friends recommended fish oils to me and I decided to give them a try. After a few weeks of taking them I started feeling a lot better in many different ways. My joints stopped aching and I just felt healthier. These fish oils are very important to supplement with. There are a lot of fish oils that smell gross in the bottle or that cause you to burp a fishy smell which I never liked. These fish oils don't have a smell at all and I'm very satisfied with them. I plan to keep buying this brand unless I find something better, which I doubt will happen. I highly recommend these and believe that everyone should use fish oils.

Has helped with Inflammation and ADHD.

Comments about Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels:

I started having joint pain after suffering work related injuries and have suffered with terrible back pain for years. I did some research on what could maybe help that was natural because I wanted to avoid taking prescription pain killers, etc. I started taking Omega 3, Fish Oil by Nature Made over a year ago. My pain is not 100% gone, but along with stretch exercises, this combination has really soothed my joint pain and back pain. Along with pain I was able to stop taking my ADHD medication because I seem to be more focused and healthier in mind and body. I'm not saying it has cured my ailments, but it has helped decrease the symptoms that were getting out of control. Having to swallow this large gel pill is worth the benefits. Make sure you do some research on the health benefits and see if this product is a fit. I will continue to take this product as long as it works.

Benefits to be Gleaned, but Smells and Tastes Too Fishy

from San Antonio, Texas

Comments about Nature Made Fish Oil Omega 3 Softgels:

I usually am not a fan of softgels. I do not like taking them, as I think they smell bad. This was especially the case with these fish oil capsules. I had read that the product offered benefits if you have certain conditions (depression, eczema, etc.), so I bought myself a bottle.

I will say again that the product itself smells horrible. I don't know if it's possible to make a product of this kind without the fishy smell and taste, but I will say that I did notice a change in my skin and my mood within the short time I was taking the supplement. I usually have a problem with red, scaly, dry skin. After a month of taking the softgels, I noticed that my skin was not only more moisturized, but a lot less itchy. I didn't feel as irritable as I did before taking the softgels. I have not taken the softgels since (probably because of the odor and bad taste), but if changes were made to the product to make it more appetizing (ideally, tasteless), I would purchase and use it regularly.