Other Allergy Medicines:

Nasonex Nasal Spray

Pros

Cons

Nasonex Nasal Spray is Super Great for Me

I have had a problem with allergies for as long as I can remember; not just seasonal allergies but all year round allergies. My doctor recommended Nasonex Nasal Spray after having had tried a number of other brands because my nose always seems to be plugged up. Wow, was I excited when I could actually breathe without feeling stuffed up. I only use nasonex one time a day; when I get up in the morning. It seems to last the entire day. It does not make my nose sting. I do not feel any side effects from using it. It works almost immediately upon squirting it into your nostril. It is a nose spray that I would definitely be happy to recommend to others. Ask your doctor about it or read about it on the internet to see if it is a good nose spray for you.

No use

Nasonex did not work for me.  I have asthma and my doctor prescribed this for me along with singular.  Singular worked as a treatment and prevention rather than when I felt like an attach was coming on, but the nasonex did not help me at all. Maybe she did not have to prescribe this for asthma, I have no idea, and when I returned and she asked about it, I assured her that I was using it correctly.  She was so certain that it should work that she actually had me try a sample in front of her and when I did and she confirmed it was correct, she said well maybe its not for you and prescribed another medicine which I dont even recall the name because I never filled it.  Its as though they just try different things to see which will work, we;re not animals, lol. Anyways, I asked her why she thought I needed this and she said my asthma could be related to allergies and this was good for that, so if we dont trust our doctors, who can we trust.  Hope it works for you!!

I can't function without Nasonex

from Greenville, NC

About Me Have Medical Condition

Pros

• Clears Breathing
  • Easy To Administer
  • Effective

Cons

• Everyday
    • Runny Nose & Sneezing

Comments about Nasonex Nasal Spray:

I have suffered from terrible nasal allergies since I was a child (now 35) and Nasonex is the only OTC product that keeps my sneezing managed. I take it everyday as prescribed and if I miss a few doses my symptoms come right back. Allergic to dust mites, various grasses, and dust. I have no issues with nasal sprays. occasionally if I rush with spraying I will get the taste at the back of mouth where it ran down the back. No regular side effects however have experienced sinus bleeding but it is difficult to say if it is the medicine or not as my bad allergies can cause some sinus bleeding.
    Love Nasonex

Great Nasal Spray

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Nasonex Nasal Spray:

I was using Nasonex Nasal Spray on and off for a few year for my allergies and sinuses. It's one of the better nasal sprays on the market, and for awhile was one of the only things that cleared up my nasal congestion and helped with my dreaded sinus pressure and headaches.

If you don't happen to know what Nasonex is, it's a prescription nose spray that you can only get from your doctor. It helps with all sorts of allergies like indoor/outdoor, seasonal, and even year round allergies. It's supposed to help with allergy symptoms such as runny/itchy noses, congestion, and sneezing just to name a few.

The great thing about the Nasonex is that it is non-habit forming, scent and alcohol free, as well as a non-drowsy formula that won't make you sleepy, and it doesn't have any ingredients that will keep you awake all night either.

Effectiveness: I find that Nasonex relieves my runny nose and sinus congestion the most. I found that as soon as I started using Nasonex my symptoms started to improve in a couple of days, and by a week they were completely gone.

Ease of Use: Nasonex is just as easy to use as any other nasal spray out there. You just have to inhale it through your nose into both of your nostrils once a day. It's not uncomfortable at all. I also like to clean off the applicator every time I use it to make sure that i'm not putting anymore bacteria into my nose that could ultimately end up giving me an infection.

Immediacy: I find that it almost immediately started to clear up the congestion in my nose, and relives my sinus pressure and headaches quickly. I don't start to feel entirely better though unless I continually use it for a couple days in a row.

Side effects: The downside about Nasonex are the side effects. Nasonex can cause nose bleeds, and although it is supposed to help congestion in some cases it can cause nose and throat infections. It can also cause wounds to heal slow, as well as glaucoma, and even cataracts in very rare and serious cases.

Nasonex

Comments about Nasonex Nasal Spray:

My doctor prescribed this Nasonex nasal spray to me when I was suffering from a bad sinus infection. I had always thought this stuff was for daily use to help with allergies but he assured me it would help my sinus congestion. I used it for several days, twice a day like it said, and I really did not notice any help with my sinus congestion. My nasal passages remained very clogged and it certainly did nothing for the sinus pressure in my cheeks this was causing. This product also dripped down the back of my throat very easily and left the most horrible tasted in my throat for hours! I honestly think this stuff is better meant for daily use to help prevent/manage allergy symptoms. It is not fast acting and you will not get relief if only using for five or so days. I did not like the taste it left in my throat and it caused my nasal passages to dry out and cause bloody noses. I would not use this again.

Smells like flowers.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Nasonex Nasal Spray:

I have very bad allergies and this is one of the sprays that I have that actually does help to block some of the dander and allergens from entering my nasal cavities. This really tickles your nose when you put it in and I love that it smells just like a bunch of wildflowers, even though it always makes me sneeze a few times after I put it in. This blocks allergens from entering your nose and making you become stuffed up and teary eyed. I have tried a lot of over the counter nasal sprays that they say work the same way and will do the same thing, but I have found that this nasal spray works a lot better than those and is worth getting the prescription for. It is very easy to use and works immediately once you put it in. I have noticed it dramatically reduces my allergies against cats, it helps a lot to keep their dander out of my nose and makes it where I can tolerate being around them for a short time. It helps when the weather changes and makes to to where I am able to breath and not have a runny or stuffy nose and my eyes are no longer constantly watering.

Excellent for a stuffy nose!

Comments about Nasonex Nasal Spray:

I got prescribed this nasal spray when I went to the doctor with an extremely bad sinus infection. It did an excellent job at completely clearing up my sinus infection within a few days. It is definitely a powerful spray so you want to use it based on your doctor's instructions. I used it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. It gave me great relief during the day. It helped clear up my congestion and relieve my sinus headache. It also prevented my nose from being extremely runny. I was also able to sleep through the night again after using this spray. It opened up my sinuses and helped me breathe during the night so I could sleep. This is an excellent nasal spray and works wonderfully. My entire sinus infection was gone within a few days of use. I would definitely recommend using this product if you are sick. It is one of the best nasal sprays i have ever used.

Nasonex makes a big difference with allergy symptoms

from Rome, PA

Comments about Nasonex Nasal Spray:

After developing allergies in my teens I began to take allergy medication regularly, but still had major issues with nasal congestion and post nasal drip. When I moved to Texas my allergies got significantly worse and I developed a whole slew of new allergies I had previously not had. After talking to my allergist he prescribed me Nasonex to help with the side effects of allergies on my sinuses. What a difference this has made. If I forget to use this medication it becomes apparent by the time I go to bed. Nasonex helps keep my nasal passages clear making breathing easier and reducing cough due to post nasal drip. For anyone with allergies and regular sinus issues I would recommend discussing this product with a doctor and giving it a try. My instances of sinus infection dropped with the addition of this to my daily routine. Though it is not available over the counter, it is worth the trip to the doctor for those who wish relief from their nose.

A great prescription nasal spray

Comments about Nasonex Nasal Spray:

I have severe allergies and I have been on allergy medicine since I was a child. I have been on just about everything that there is out there and this is one of the few things that seems to help. I take this product every morning and after being on it for a few days it has helped with my allergies. Besides just naturally having severe allergies I live in the state with the worst allergies. I do have to still use my regular over the counter spray throughout the day but not nearly as much when I take this medication. Its very easy to take and has no side effects that I have seen. I would definately recommend anyone with allergies talk to their doctor about this nasal spray.

Treat nasal allergies with Nasonex Nasal Spray.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Nasonex Nasal Spray:

Overall Nasonex Nasal Spray is a great way to eliminate nasal allergies and inflammation. Every year I have a huge issue with seasonal nasal allergies. My nose gets stopped up and is runny. When my doctor prescribed Nasonex Nasal Spray I was anxious to try it because I wanted relief from my allergy symptoms. This nasal spray gave me instant relief and prevented my allergy symptoms all season long. I used this nasal spray to not only treat my allergy symptoms but I used is as a preventive care as well for my allergies. I do not recommend this nasal spray for long-term usage. It will sometimes cause the symptoms to get worse and also caused my nose to bleed after using it for so long. This nasal spray is only available by prescription so it is a little inconvenient to have to go to the doctor when it is needed. It would be nice if it was a over-the-counter medication. But overall it was a decent nasal spray and it was successful in getting rid of my allergy symptoms.

Horrible

Comments about Nasonex Nasal Spray:

Nasonex does not work at all. My doctor prescribed it for me for my sinus infection and it just does not clear my nasal passages at all. The best results I've ever gotten from a nasal spray was from Affrin, it would clear up my nose within minutes. I'll be sure to pick that up instead of Nasonex

Helps to relieve & treat year round allergy symptoms

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Nasonex Nasal Spray:

Nasonex helps to relieve and treat year round allergy sypmtoms.It is a nasal spray,which contains steroids to help reduce the swelling as a result of allergic rhinitis,or stuffy nose.I f you have severe allergies,like I do I would highly recommend this product.Provides relieve from the most chronic symptoms related to congestion,difficulty breathing.sinus pain,related to congestion pressure.Eases pain by reducing swelling in the nasal passages,caused by inflammation.It treats as well as prevents,the more you use the spray the better it works on inflammation.I even had a condition called nasal polyps and Nasonex was prescribed by my doctor to treat them.This prevented me from having to have surgery to remove them.Anytime you can use a product to treat a condition as opposed to having surgery to treat it is ALWAYS A PLUS.I can safely say my polyps are gone and have not returned.If you suffer with similar allergy symptoms this is the nasal spray for you.