3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Nasalcrom Allergy prevention works great

After getting Imune to allergy pills I decided to give nasal Crom a try. Its kind of exspensive but it really works. I started using nasal crom and started being able to cut down on the allergy pills. With in a week I didnt need the pills no more. U use the Nasal Crom three times a day for 2 weeks then you get the full benifit. The trouble was it worked so good I would forget I had a problem and forget to use it. Before using Nasal Crom I couldnt use Black Pepper. It would make me stuffy when my husband used it. Now I spray before we sit down at the dinner table and I can now eat Pepper. My daughter also uses it and has had great results. We just couldnt survive with out this product. The best part is you can now buy it over the counter at Walmart. I was spending a fortune in Allergy products and Puffs. I was buying a 3 pack of Puffs a week. I now buy a 3 pack once a month.

Nasalcrom has helped me avoid sinusitis

To say I have allergies is an understatement. The first time I had allergy testing done, I reacted to 95 of the 96 allergens for which they tested me. I even tested positive for cockroaches. Imagine that. Guess that was from living in a large dorm that resembled a roach motel back in my college days.

When my allergist recommended that I try **Nasalcrom** (Cromolyn Sodium) when pregnant, I had my doubts. I tend to avoid almost every medication I can when pregnant; however, I knew that when my allergies flared, I often developed sinusitis and then ended up on antibiotics.

If you are considering using this product, do the safest thing and ask your healthcare provider.

So I decided to give Nasalcrom a try. When I read on the package that it was safe for ages two and older, I figured it would work about as well as saline. (Which, to be honest, saline nasal lavage works better than one would think, but unfortunately my sinuses were so swollen at that point that I could not get a saline lavage to work.)

I was pleasantly surprised! The Nasalcrom actually improved my swollen sinuses within a few hours and opened my sinuses completely within a couple of days. I avoided a sinus infection and those dreaded antibiotics! It took some diligence on my part though. I used this product four times a day as my allergist recommended, but the package says it may be used up to six times a day. The size I purchase has 200 metered sprays, but when you use eight or more sprays a day, it does not last a long as one would think. I recommend writing the start date directly on the bottle because it's difficult to tell when the bottle is empty.

The manufacturer recommends avoiding blowing one's nose after using the spray for 15 minutes after spraying for obvious reasons. At this point, there are no known drug interactions with this product, which is not true of some other nasal sprays. It is not a steroid and has very few reported side effects. More common side effects are stinging or sneezing right after use. I experience a mild stinging when I use **Nasalcrom**.

The manufacturer recommends starting **Nasalcrom** one week before your allergy season begins for best results. My allergy season is unfortunately twelve months of the year because I have allergies to indoor things like dust and mold in addition to outdoor allergens, so I just have to watch for early warning signs that my allergies are beginning to flare. It has helped me to prevent sinusitis more than once.

Nasalcrom has not cured my allergies and I did not stop taking my allergy shots after starting this product. To do so would be like riding through a car wash in a convertible with the top down. I could do it, but I'd probably really regret it later!

**My Viewpoint:**

If you suffer from allergies and are looking for non-steroidal relief of a stuffy or runny nose, consider Nasalcrom. It's over-the-counter, cheaper than a lot of the steroidal nasal sprays (although not as cheap as saline) and can provide symptom relief pretty quickly.

Will never buy again.

from Kansas

Comments about Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray:

Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray caused me to have severe nose bleeds when I used it. It wasn't a very effective product for me so either, so I stopped use very quickly.

You are directed to use this spray prior to being exposed to whatever is causing you allergy problems. It is supposed to protect you from the allergens. It can be used on people as young as two years of age. It sounds like a good product. But for me, it was horrible. I wanted to use it for my mild allergy problems. It stung my nasal passages as I used it but I didn't think much of it. After a few minutes I noticed a lot of irritation inside my nose. It continued but I just ignored it and continued on with my day. It didn't really do much for my symptoms. I was congested and my eyes were watering throughout the day. Later that night I got a horrible nose bleed! I just kind of ignored it. The next time I used the spray the same thing happened.

This spray just caused irritation in my nasal cavity and nose bleeds. It did not help my allergy symptoms. I do NOT recommend this product!

Nasalcrom allergy spray review

Comments about Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray:

I have tried just about anything for my severe allergy and nothing seems to work. One day my very good friend told me she uses the Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray and that it seems to help her better than other brands. I went to the store and got it and it gave me instant relief immediately I applied it and this was really very impressive to me. It is very easy and not messy to use and it can be used over a long period of time. I advise though that if you will use it, it has to be constant both when you do and when you do not have allergy but it seems to work better that way. I have used it for a long while and I have not had any type of problem with it. It works well for me and it gives me a longer lasting relief than the other brands out there. Overall it is a product that I like because it works and I definitely recommend it if you are looking for something new and more effective to try.

• Immediacy:

A must have product for allergy sufferers like myself.

Comments about Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray:

My family and I recently located to a more rural, countryside location this past year. I had never experienced really bad allergy attacks unless I came in contact with the occasional moldy, dusty environment when cleaning out old closets or storages. It was never anything severe or lasting though so I did not think that inhale an allergy problem. Well within days of moving to my new home, I had major allergy attack sin the form of itching and burning eyes that watered constantly, and a nose that was constantly plugged up. Everything on my face an in my throat itched like crazy and I was beside myself looking for relief. Then along came nasal from to save my life and my peace of mind. Not only did it clear up my nasal passages almost instantly, but it has helped keep my allergy problems at bay for the long run. It took about a week of using it for the anti-allergen effects to really kick in, but when they did, the relief was so nice.

Made my nose bleed :(

Comments about Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray:

When my allergist diagnosed me with serious seasonal allergies, he wrote me a prescription for allergy relief tablets as well as Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray. He told me that I should only use the spray when necessary, meaning on days where my allergy are at their worst and my nose is stuffy and itching a lot. A few days after my visit with him, I began using it just like he told me to. He told me to lean my face forward and spray Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray twice in one nostril and inhale it, then do the same thing with the other nostril. Doing this was extremely easy but Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray had an awful and very uncomfortable smell. I began noticing real relief from the allergy 3 days after I began using this. A week later I began feeling the inside of my nose is very dry. I started to notice blood in my nose which I never used to see before. I asked my uncle who is a pharmacist and he told me it was side effects of the Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray and told me to stop using it immediately, which I did. I wasn't too happy to stop using it because it did help me, but I just couldn't continue using it for the safety of my nose.

Nasalcrom Spray Works Well

Comments about Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray:

This Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray does a good job. I've had allergies and sinus problems all my life, so I have tried many different products. I really don't like using nasal sprays, but sometimes I get desperate and hate feeling doped up from taking so many allergy pills. This spray does help keep my sinus passages feeling clear and not so stuffy. It also helps keep my nose from dripping constantly. Some nasal sprays make the inside of my nose burn and feel totally dried out, which is a miserable feeling for me. But this particular spray does not do that as much as other products. It does make the mucous membranes in my nose feel a little dry, but it doesn't cause a burning sensation and the dry feeling doesn't last very long. If someone feels the need to use a nasal spray to prevent allergy symptoms, then I would definitely recommend this spray over some of the others available.

This spray does a very good job at preventing my allergy symptoms.

It is very easy to use.

Immediacy
It starts working quickly.

• Immediacy:

Nasalcrom has saved me from allergy misery.

from Lexington, MO

Comments about Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray:

Ever since I was a young child, I have had mild allergies in the spring and early summer and also a mild cat allergy. Using Nasalcrom on a daily basis during the bad times was amazing! It is a simple nose spray that helps prevent allergies before they even start. It is a mild medication and since it is not taken orally, it doesn't react with other medications and is even safe for children as young as two, as the package says. I do not like to medicate myself, and so if I can make it with a mild allergy medicine, that is definitely the way that I want to go. I usually take it for a couple weeks and then stop and see if my allergies return, if they do, then i start it again. It is non-irritating and the bottle lasts for quite a while. I just use it once or twice a day, but I think you may be able to use it more than that. I appreciate that I have used this for so long without any adverse effects and that it still works after all these years. I would recommend it for mild allergies, as severe allergies probably need something stronger.

Thank heaven for Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray

from Princeton Junction, NJ

Comments about Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray:

My worse outdoor allergy season is the fall. Without Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray I could not make it through the 2 months. I begin right after Labor Day with Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray, as there is a build up effect, and then the "high allergy season" for me is not quite so bad. Thank heaven for Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray.

Nasalcrom Allergy prevention works great

from Kendallville, IN

Ahhhhhhh relief!

from Keene, NH

Comments about Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray:

So I have allergies. Bad allergies. I recently had to visit my doctor for allergy related complications as I have been experiencing asthma symptoms from my year-round allergies. My doctor suggested I give Nasalcrom a try. It is a nasal spray that used to be prescription only for many years but is now over the counter. She warned me that it might take a few days to work, though. Well, it has been a few weeks now and I am thrilled with the results. My nose clears up in 15 minutes after using it, can be used 3 times a day, though I have only been using it once a day, and really seems to be controlling my allergies. I feel less congested since trying nasalcrom, but most importantly, I have been experiencing much less post-nasal drip and as a result my asthma symptoms have been much better. Nasalcrom is also non-habit forming and sfae for long-term use. Give it a try! its the best nasal allergy medicine out there.

Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray is a partial solution

from Bangor, ME

Comments about Nasalcrom Allergy Prevention Nasal Spray:

This is one of the things we use for fall and spring allergies. It doesn't totally handle them, but it does help and it's relatively mild. I'd much rather use it than use steroids or the nasal sprays with chemical ingredients in them.

My son has asthma and used to use the inhaled cromolyn sodium when he was younger. It worked very well, but our medical plan no longer covers it. When I saw the nasal spray in the drugstore, I figured it was worth a try. He used it and it did help, although he still had to take an oral allergy pill also.

When he uses the combination of oral loratidine and the cromolyn nasal spray, his allergies are almost completely under control, so his they don't trigger asthma attacks. Without the nasal spray, he still had to use his inhaler, in spite of the loratidine.

The nasal spray is rather messy to use and he sometimes foregoes a treatment because of it, but he usually complies, because he hates to use his inhaler even more.