Other Razors:
Nair
Nair Shower Power

Nair Shower Power

Works adequately if you're not in the mood to shave

I love Nair Shower Power Hair Remover! Sometimes I just don't feel like messing with using shaving cream and a razor. Nair Shower Power removes all of the hair and doesn't sting or burn my legs like other hair removers (even shaving) do sometimes. I usually leave it on for six to eight  minutes, a bit longer than the recommended time. It's thick enough that it is not supposed to come off in the shower, but I usually step back away from the direct spray while I have it on. The smell is tolerable; not hideous like past hair removers but not wonderful either. Overall, it does what it says it will do. I recommend it!

doesn't live up to expectations

When I saw an ad for this product I had high hopes. Apply it before you shower, stays on while you shower and then just sponge away the hair sounds too good to be...Read complete review

When I saw an ad for this product I had high hopes. Apply it before you shower, stays on while you shower and then just sponge away the hair sounds too good to be true, and it was.

This product did not save me time like I had hoped. It also only lasted for one application. I followed the directions and About half of the product did not stay on in the shower, the sponge did not work that well and by the time I had removed the cream, I still had to shave. Very disappointed. Will not buy again!

You still will need to shave

Comments about Nair Shower Power:

I have a love-hate relationship with cream hair removers. First of all, make sure you NEVER get this stuff on a scab if you have a cut on your leg because it will dissolve the scab and make you bleed. Secondly it will help thin your body hair but I find you still have to shave a little bit. I do find that I get a closer/smoother shave if I use this first, but it never gets 100% of the hair off on its own for me. I especially find it helps to relax/thin coarse pubic hair making that shave much easier but obviously you have to be super careful using this stuff in that area since it's not technically safe for it.

Awful and Toxic Product

Comments about Nair Shower Power:

This product is harsh and left me with a bright red rash on my legs. I do not have sensitive skin and tested the product like the directions say. I didn't leave it on too long either. So instead of smooth legs like the product advertises, I am stuck wearing long pants in summer to hide this gross rash. Don't waste your money.

Don't buy this product.... unless you want to grow new skin.

Comments about Nair Shower Power:

Oh how I wish I would have read the reviews before I wasted my money on the product. I don't have sensitive skin and I never have a reaction to any product. I used it on a test area and it worked fine, although the use of the sponge made me itch. When I put it on the rest of the way (timing from the first second that the product touched my skin) I waited about 4 minutes, I know it said 10 but I didn't want to take the chance of anything bad happening. Well, it started to burn a bit as I was wiping it off & when I got it off I realized why, my skin burned off, like OFF, blood and everything. Patches of it the size of about a marker dot, ALL OVER. Now it burns, itches and hurts, even after sitting under a cold running faucet for 10 minutes. My legs hurt so bad that I can't even put on pants but are too ugly to wear shorts. This wouldn't even get one little notch if 0 was an option.

Liking it so far!

from Douglasville, GA

Comments about Nair Shower Power:

So I bought this today to try something new. I read all the instructions but it seemed ridiculous to apply a "generous amount" so I coated my legs and arms very lightly. I waited for about 5 min outside of the shower and used the wet sponge but it didnt work very well...so I got in the shower and used my regular scrubber and it worked perfect! I did experience some burning sensation but its gone now. My legs are super soft and they feel awesome. I guess the trick is to apply less amount of cream and wait outside the shower for a few minutes then get in the shower and use something harder than the sponge.

Awesome Product!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Nair Shower Power:

This is my first time buying a Nair product. I thought it wouldn't work, but it did! I followed all the directions and when it was time to scrub off all the hair, it worked! I seriously have smooth skin on my legs! Didn't even burn and pain-free!

Good Hair Removal

from Pittsburg, CA

Comments about Nair Shower Power:

I bought this before I read all the reviews almost every one on this review had a negative review so I was disapointed from the begining. But since I bought it, I figured I better use it. I have very thick latino hair and this stuff worked perfect on my legs. Since every one said that it left hair after they rinsed it off I used the whole tube just on my legs and now my legs are soft smooth and glowing. it rinsed off perfect and I had NO burns, rashes or irritations on my legs. So as long as you put this stuff on thick enough you will have no problems wil hairy legs or stubbs. I am completely satisfied with this stuff and will buy again. It was easy to put on with the applicator and was easy to rinse off and now I have smooth soft glowing legs. I will buy another tube tomorrow for my arms now.

not very good

from Old Forge, PA

Comments about Nair Shower Power:

usually nair products mostly work but this one did not work for me completely. i must say that it did remove SOME of the hair but not nearly enough to claim it works wonders, at one point i even left it on my leg for longer than the recommended time to see if i could get the rest of it off but it didn't work one bit. i ended up washing it off my legs (which gave me red bumps for about two weeks) and then having to shave them which of course made the rash even worse and just made it burn. the smell that comes from it as well isn't even pleasant. it smells worse or equivalent to getting a perm done which of course is really smelly and you have to wash your legs with soap to get the smell off your legs as well. the only really good thing about it is it does keep the hair from growing back for awhile and does leave your legs smooth after the bumps and redness goes away but its certainly not worth buying.

Does what it is supposed to do.

from Greensboro, GA

Comments about Nair Shower Power:

This product is very good but its messy. After using the sponge to get spots covered you cannot do anything else outside of get in the shower. Washing off hair is disgusting when using the sponge.

Other than that it gets the job done!

Worked great!!!!!!!!!

from New York, NY

Comments about Nair Shower Power:

I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, and I wanted to try a hair removal product so I decided to get this. It worked absolutely well and it didn't leave any burning... my legs are silky smooth. I'll definitely recommend this product!

worth it if you have the time for it

from Austin, TX

Comments about Nair Shower Power:

well, I bought Nair shower power last week and used it for the first time. I am one of those busy moms who hardly get any time for herself.So when I saw the ad I was impressed and bought one for myself. But when I applied it, I ended up using almost the whole tube just for my hands and legs .......no underarms included.I hoped it will come useful for two uses!

The smell, it was not bad.Especially for me being sensitive to strong odors,it was bearable.But i did not try to wash away as recommended. i waited the maximum time and then washed it away with the scrub,the soft side, of course.most of my hair came off.But then some did not.There was hair at some spots which did come off after some patient scrubbing. And that made my skin burn.So i had to skip my soap for that day.

After the bath i noticed that my skin felt good and was not burning anymore.There was no lingering smell .

The hair did not come back soon  but the good thing that happened was,when I shave my hair and it grows back, it sort of pricks me for a few days and also appears dense.But with Nair, it came back late,it was smoother and less dense.That makes it worthwhile.

i will give it another try.