2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

I'm happily smooth--everywhere.

I hate shaving. Don't we all? I'm almost six feet tall and have legs that go on forever, so I do everything I can to avoid shaving. I have an EpiLady shaver that I use on my legs (see my ViewPoints review on that too) but I can't use the EpiLady on the more, um, delicate skin. I tried Nair a long time ago when I was in high school (ok, a very long time ago), and was disappointed in it. Apparently enough time has gone by that the chemists in the pharmaceutical industry have figured everything out, because this time when I tried it, a year or so ago, it was fabulous! I got a tube of Nair Hair Remover for Legs free (on sale, with a coupon) and thought I'd give it another try. What a happy thing! Nair goes on creamy, doesn't burn my skin, works quickly, and doesn't smell weird like it used to. Best of all, it doesn't leave the razor burn all over the place, and you don't have to fight that itchy stubble that grows back overnight after you shave. I'm a new believer-and a smooth one, at that!

nair: negative review

Negative Review

Negative Review
When I went to Wal-Mart one day looking for a hair remover product I saw all kinds of shaving products, but one in particular caught my attention. That item was Nair, a pink bottled lotion that removes hair. I thought it would probably work for me and also be painless. When I first used it, it was alright, but suddenly my skin got a little irritated. I usually don’t have sensitive skin, but about 2 minutes in the shower I noticed little red bumps popped up everywhere when I rinsed off the lotion. It was like a mild chemical burn! Even though it did remove hair like it was suppose to I didn’t like it because it made my skin irritated, extremely itchy, and also made it burn. It also smelled horrible! If your skin is not sensitive at all then it’ll probably work for you. It is a good product and it’s not expensive at all. One great thing about this lotion is that you don’t have to worry about blades cutting your skin. This was the worst product I’ve ever used, but if you’re not a big fan of shaving then you should try it and see if it works for you.

Not worth buying

Comments about Nair Sensitive Formula Ultra Hair Removal Cream:

I have pale, sensitive skin but also have a problem with some facial hair growth as a result of immunosuppressant's I have been on for several years. I peach fuzz hair on my upper lip and more coarse hair on my chin. It is so embarrassing and I have tried about every product on the market. So far, I haven't found any that work well, but in my experience this one was one of the worst. It smells bad, but that is to be expected. The hair on my chin wasn't even fazed by this product and the second time I used it I even left on longer than was recommended in the directions! The reason I gave it a 5, instead of a 1 is because it did work a little better on my upper lip. I still had a few stray hairs, but for the most part, they were gone. Another good point it had was that my skin was actually not irritated from using it, which is a plus. If you have fine, peach fuzz, this product may work for you, but if you have more coarse hair to get rid of, save your money and keep looking. That is what I plan to do now.

So much for sensitive!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Nair Sensitive Formula Ultra Hair Removal Cream:

I have never given such a negative review to anything, but I feel that it is fitting for this product. So much for being a "Sensitive Formula" - this nearly took my skin off! I wanted to use it so that I wouldn't have to shave while I was at the beach. When I used it, after only half the recommended time, my skin was burning and hurting like crazy! It was bright red, but not like an allergic reaction. It faded after I washed it off, but it was just not worth it. It didn't even remove all the hair! Totally not worth the effort!

I could barely leave it on long enough since it was hurting so much. It didn't remove all of the hair and it hurt so much! I can't imagine ever wanting to use something like this again. I'll stick to a good ol' razor and shaving cream, thank you very much.

I knew it would be a strong scent, but wow. This actually made me gag! I had to throw open the window AND turn on the fan just to keep from being overwhelmed by it.

Sensitive or not, OUCH

Comments about Nair Sensitive Formula Ultra Hair Removal Cream:

So I have to admit that I hardly ever shave. Having sensitive skin prone to severe breakouts of razor burn and rashing from shaving cream is kind of a buzz kill. I heard about the different kinds of hair removal systems and thought, why not? Besides, I hate shaving and it sounded much easier. It felt nice and creamy putting it on my legs, but I hate the smell. Very strong chemical smell. I noticed right away when I was wiping it off how great of a job it was doing at removing hair, although some spots seemed a bit stubborn. I followed the directions to the T, but after rinsing off and everything I felt a huge burning sensation beginning to tingle along my legs and of course I was rashing out. Perhaps this is not made for the 'very' sensitive.

Although I noticed most of my hair was being removed, there were a few 'stubborn' areas that didn't budge

Blah! Lots of chemicals... makes you think just what are you putting on your skin and into your pores

Works Like A Charm!

Comments about Nair Sensitive Formula Ultra Hair Removal Cream:

I started using Nair products about 4-5 years ago and this is by far the best one that I have ever tried. It does what it is supposed to do and it's so convenient to take with you on trips. The hair starts coming off in less than five minutes and your legs are silky smooth afterwards! I have really sensitive skin and I can use this product on my arms and legs with no irritation at all. The only negative thing that I can say about this product is that is has a very strange smell to it but what do you expect from a hair removal cream? Peaches? Ha.

This product is very effective. I've been buying it for the last few months now and I will continue to do so. Whenever I have a limited amount of time to get ready I always use this because it works really fast.

The smell is tolerable. It sort of resembles a "rotten egg" sort of smell. I'm used to it now so I don't mind. I didn't expect to it to smell good anyways.

Beware of any Nair product!

Comments about Nair Sensitive Formula Ultra Hair Removal Cream:

I have a lot of body hair and I go to any length to remove it. I have tried almost every single type of Nair product, and I always get the same, awful result! I tried Nair Sensitive Formula Cream a few months ago. The only thing I got was a bunch of awfully irritated, burned skin! This product was on my skin not even 2 minutes before I started getting intense burning sensations on my legs. I had to wash it off! I don't know if it works because the smell and the burning sensation was too much to give it a chance. I do not recommend this!

ouch ouch ouch

Comments about Nair Sensitive Formula Ultra Hair Removal Cream:

This has to be the worst product that I have ever tried. My dad tried it first because he was balding and my mom came up with the brilliant idea of using it on my dads head because then he would not have to shave it all the time. It left red patches and blisters on my dad head. He looked like he had a sunburn. I used it on my legs and got worse results.

The hair has to be a certain length before the product will even work. They say to grow it out about a fourth of an inch. I have to shave way before then. I let it grow out though and tried it thinking that it would work. It did not. It was thick and hard to put on. Then it started to burn almost immediately. Not worth it.

This lotion smells like sewage. I am not even kidding. Terrible smell. If you can get passed the smell and the burning and the fact that it does not work, then go for it. I would not recommend this product to anyone for any reason at all.

A product worth its price

Comments about Nair Sensitive Formula Ultra Hair Removal Cream:

I have always tried different formulas and shavers to get my hair removal done perfectly. I accidentally came across this product "Nair Hair Removing Cream". I thought of giving it a try. I did. I was glad I did. It removes hair perfect and leaves your skin really smooth. I have tried other products like Veet but I never got that perfection. Also I would have to use a scraper which would often leave marks on my skin. But with this I never had to use any scrapers and so no marks on my skin. And its smooth and does not hurt at all. I just have to leave for 5 mins to see the result. I bought more too.

Really effective and serves the purpose of what it was made for. Removes hair perfect and never leaves a glitch.

I love the smell of Aloe and I am happy they have produced it in that scent. I hate that awkward chemical smell which most of the hair removal creams release. But this is perfect on that front and gives a good smell.

not quite for sensitive skin, but its ok for me

Comments about Nair Sensitive Formula Ultra Hair Removal Cream:

This is a good product in my opinion and it removes my hair with one application. It leaves my skin feeling so slick and smooth and I prefer using Nair than using a razor. But I don't think that this product is for sensitive skin because it is just loaded with chemicals and ingredients that are not skin friendly.

Despite the smell, this product works good for me. My hair does not grow in that thick for it not to remove all the hair in one application, but I do end up using half the bottle when I'm done applying to both of my legs. I put on extra just to make sure that it is evenly distributed and is enough for the product to work effectively and penetrate as it is supposed to. The downside to this is that the product does not last very long for me and I often find myself repurchasing a bottle every few weeks.

I really do not like the scent of this product. Although the bottle states that it is for sensitive skin, it does not have a sensitive smell to it and I believe that it should. I would try and describe the smell but there honestly is nothing to compare it to except that it just smells like a medicated lotion that is filled with chemicals which is a downside to this product.

Amazing!

Comments about Nair Sensitive Formula Ultra Hair Removal Cream:

This kept my hair away while I was on vacay! It's great! :)

It's really effective, I just put it on my skin for 5 minutes because my hair is a bit coarse, and once I wash it off, my arms are extremely soft!

It doesn't smell as terrible as the other Nair products which is my favorite thing about it!

I would not recommend Nair

from Commerce, GA

Comments about Nair Sensitive Formula Ultra Hair Removal Cream:

I have tried Nair a couple of times in the past and do not like it. I wouldn't buy this product again, because first impressions do count for everything. And the second chance I gave it didn't prove a much better experience. Nair was my introduction to depilatories - in addition to the horrid stench, this product burned like crazy! I DO NOT have sensitive skin, either. Needless to say, I didn't try another depilatory for a while after that. I gave Nair that second chance some time later (maybe a year or two), and tried out their "sensitive skin" formula, but I didn't like the results and the stench was still gross.
I've just tried Gigi Hair Removal Lotion however, and although it smells- as depilatories do- it's not quite as strong as Nair. Gigi worked perfectly the first time - no stinging, burning, or anything. Just results! And the smell doesn't haunt you either. I will be reviewing the Gigi hair remover separately after a few more uses. Two thumbs down for Nair, two thumbs up for Gigi!

Horrid.