Other Snacks & Cookies:
Cookies
Nabisco

Nabisco Oreo Cookies

A nice bite-size cookie that serves as a great snack

It's fair to say that when I have Oreos in the house, that my mind treats them much as Lay's potato chips, where I cannot eat just one.  On one hand it is expected, because these are really tasty cookies that often fill a chocolate or sweet craving that I tend to have from time to time.  The bad part though, is that Oreos are not very good for you, and its one of those snacks where it is really important to eat them in moderation.  Two of the normal size cookies already puts you over 100 calories, and there are no redeeming ingredients to excuse the munching of these delicious cookies.

Oreos are a really basic cookie, best described as a "sandwich" cookie, where two thin chocolate cookies surround a cream filling.  Geared perfectly for dunking in milk, or enjoyed as a dessert product, Oreos have been around for quite some time now.  They are sold as the large cookies, or as a mini version that I have started to prefer due to the fact that it controls my cravings a little better.  They are quite tasty, and are a nice treat when you are making sure to eat everything else necessary for your diet.  As I said, its just over 100 calories for 2 of the regular cookies, or if you are buying them in the mini size, one serving (about 9 cookies) is 130 calories total.

The package of minis that I have been purchasing recently come with about 27 calories, leading to a total caloric content of 390 calories per package.  They sell for 99 cents at nearly every gas station, convenience store, or grocery store that you can find, and are a readily available product for snacking.  As I mentioned they are quite addictive, so if you are looking for a snack like this, make sure you can control the urges, as sitting down to eat a bunch of these will give you many unneeded calories, and most likely a stomach ache to go along with it.  If eaten in moderation though, these chocolate cookies with a cream filling are quite good, and a snack that I would recommend to anyone needing a quick chocolate fix.

I love the one that come out at Halloween time. orange filling

This is strange. I use to like the cookie so so... Every now and then. Would not say I ever craved them or had to have them. If they were around I would eat them. But never went out of my way to buy them. Then they came out with the Halloween cookies with the orange filling. The filling tastes the same. It just colored orange. Since they came out with those, and I bought single serving packages for my daughter for school. I tried them. I love the cookie and I crave it.. The only problem is. The white filling gags me, and the orange filling I crave. It is all in my head. The filling tastes the same. But I can only eat these now at Halloween time. Whenever I see an add for the cookie. I gag at the white, and think happy thought of the orange filling at Halloween time.

packaging

from oxnard ca

Comments about Nabisco Oreo Cookies:

Terrible packaging design. Too many cookies crushed. Go back to original packaging.

Great Classic Cookies

from Utah

Comments about Nabisco Oreo Cookies:

Oreos have been able to maintain their status as a classic cookie because of the consistent quality that they come with. The packages are always sealed well, and the cookies have a fresh and good taste. Typically the expiration date is quite awhile away from the date purchased, so we can keep them on the shelf for an extended period of time if we need to. Besides using them for a snack or desert, we have also used Oreos for certain types of crusts. They can be separated and have the cream scraped off, and then the brown part can be crushed up into pieces, making a rather delicious crust for something like a cheesecake. One downside of these Oreos is the high price. They are quite a bit more expensive than many other types and brands of cookies. But despite the higher price, we still greatly enjoy them, and we would recommend them to others who are looking for a delicious treat.

from Georgia

Comments about Nabisco Oreo Cookies:

Nabisco Oreo Cookies are a great snack that I eat every week. I like the chocolate cookie disks on the outside and the white, sweet cream in the middle. I like to eat the cream on the inside first and then dip the chocolate disks in milk and eat them afterwards. They tastes so good and are fun to play with. Nabisco Oreo Cookies are a very great snack but they make my throat really dry, so I drink milk while eating them. Nabisco Oreo Cookies are easy to eat and hold. I like the size of the cookies because they are easy to consume in only a few delicious bites. In every bite is a delicious chocolate taste with sweet cream. I have been eating Nabisco Oreo Cookies since I was four years old and I will never stop. I recommend those who love chocolate to give Nabisco Oreo Cookies a try.

My favorite cookies since childhood

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Nabisco Oreo Cookies:

I love Oreos. I can eat them every day, alone, with ice cream, with milk, with friends, and many other ways, and they satisfy cravings without making me feel heavy or overly full. I simply cannot grow tired of them either. Their classic taste is something I want and think about often, inspiring a special trip to the store. I take the cookies apart and lick the cream off, then dip the cookies in milk and yum them down. There is no other cookie I would rather have. Their quality is just as good and unchanged after all these years, as it was 44 years ago when I was a child eating my first one. I had my first Oreo when I was 10, and it was love at first taste. Now that we can get some with chocolate filling, it becomes even better for me now as a chocolate lover. Those taste great, by the way. The chocolate cream is smooth and just right with the flavor and sweetness. And there are double stuffed ones and even Oreos with orange cream filling for Halloween. This thought is so good that I think I will make a special trip to the grocery store to buy a package of Oreos and share them with my husband, who loves them as much as I do.

Oreos, simply put are milk's favorite cookie.

Profile Image

from Boston MA

Comments about Nabisco Oreo Cookies:

Oreos are definitely one of my favorite cookies aside from some good old homemade chocolate chip cookies. Delicious. Anyway oreos are some of the most top notch and respectable brands of cookies that can be found in almost any store in the country. Their chocolate outer cookie layer is perfectly complemented by the inner soft and sweet creamy filling. In essence Oreos are woopie pies, but in a more dry and easily eaten form. Oreos are a perfect snack to pack for lunches or just to have out at parties. Also oreos go great with a cold glass of milk. So if you are trying to get a little more protein in your diet and build up some muscles you should try oreos and milk because milk is very high in protein, but make sure to drink skim milk because it is less fatty for you. Oreos are a great desert and if you apply limits to the amount that you take in at one particular sitting then you should be all set in the amount of calories that you take in.

Who doesn't like the OREO taste?

Comments about Nabisco Oreo Cookies:

Everyone loves Oreos and everything that you can put those cookies in. The original brand is the best oreo cookie out there. I've tried the generic brands and they just don't cut it. The generic brands don't have as much flavor and they seem so much drier and crumblier. Oreo cookies are great for just dipping in milk and eating, for making cookies and cream flavor anything (like ice cream and milk shakes). My personal favorite use for Oreo cookies is to crumble them up, add cream cheese, roll it into balls and dip it in chocolate. And voila! You have Oreo truffles! They are super yummy and my husband would eat them every day if I let him. But we all know that's never going to happen. They'll just be a once in a while treat. There's even a trifle recipe that involves Oreo cookies, chocolate pudding, and whipped topping that sounds extremely yummy that I want to try ASAP. It's gonna be good!

Wheres the love? (its in the cream)

Comments about Nabisco Oreo Cookies:

This thing is even better than sliced bread, it is the equivalent of the wheel, and whole heartedly deserves it, it packs so much sugary goodness and diabetes into a single cookie. And who really eats only a cookie. More like 4 cookies, If you really have never had these before you're missing out. I wish I've never tasted them before just so i can taste it for the first time again. These cookies taste really good with milk, and even if you don't like these specific cookies they have double stuffed ones (personally thats too much sugar for me) golden oreos, whoopie pies, and so many more. Oh I forgot the triple decker. Although these are probably just terrible for your body, these taste amazing and theres a reason why they're so popular. It has really nice packaging for camping trips or outings with the resealable bag/box thing. So next time you're in a grocery store do you stomach a favor and anyone else in your household and pick these up.

Great snack for kids and adults alike

Comments about Nabisco Oreo Cookies:

Oreos are so delicious, they have a nice combination of crunchy and creamy. The filling is very sweet but the cookies are a nice dark chocolate which balance it out. I think they are also accidentally vegan because the filling is made with vegetable shortening instead of a dairy product.

Great cookies and milk.

Comments about Nabisco Oreo Cookies:

You really can't go wrong when you buy a package of Nabisco Oreo Cookies. They are great for cookies and milk but they can be used for many different things. You can use them as a topping or as a crust for pies. My favorite is the Oreo & fudge ice cream cake. It tastes just like Dairy Queen ice cream cakes. I always keep at least one package of Oreos in our pantry at a time. They are so delicious.

Possibly the best cookies available

Comments about Nabisco Oreo Cookies:

I love these cookies and almost can't eat them without dipping them in milk. I didn't think that there was a better cookie until I tried the double stuff cookies and now I rarely eat the plain variety any longer (the amount of cream in the plain variety just doesn't seem like enough). If you don't have milk, then you may want to pick another cookie as these can be a little dry.