3.5

NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer - All Shades

3.5

great primer

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer - All Shades:

I am a big fan of NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer. This base primer is the perfect shade for all skin colors and shades. This primer is easy to apply too, I just rub some of it on my fingertip and then rub the primer over my eyelids. Afterwards, I continue on with the rest of my make up routine by applying my eyeshadow on top of the base primer on my eyelids. This primer prevents my eyeshadow from smearing or creasing. When I apply this base primer before I apply my eyeshadow my eye make up lasts significantly longer and looks fresher. This base primer is perfect for the long haul because you only need to apply a thin layer of the base primer to each eyelid so you do not go through this product too quickly. This eyeshadow base primer by NYX is worth every penny! I would definitely recommend this base primer to other women because it really makes the difference in the make up process and is easy and fool proof to apply.

Not for Oily Eyelids

from Glendora, CA

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer - All Shades:

I purchased this product in white after seeing great reviews for it on Amazon. To my disappointment, I did not find that it helped boost the color of my eyeshadow all that much. My eyelids are oily as it is so I thought that my eyeshadow was creasing so much because of my skin, not the eyeshadow primer. However, my friend is a cosmetologist and the second he applied this primer to my eyelids he said that he could tell it was going to make my eyeshadow crease. And it did-- right away. He said that I should look for a different product because the NYX eyeshadow primer/base did nothing to prevent creasing. It lasts forever, but I don't recommend it.

Great Quality for Decent Price!

from Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer - All Shades:

*Why I chose NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer: *I chose this particular brand because its cheap price attracted me. It was my first time buying a primer and I wanted something cheap and effective so I decided to try this one. I wanted an eyeshadow primer that prevented smudging and prevented the color of my eyeshadow/eyeliner from fading

*My experience with NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer: *I just bought this primer within the past week so I've only used it a few times, but instantly I saw the difference between using eyeshadow without base primer versus using eyeshadow with base primer. With the base primer, my makeup lasted all day without drastic smudging or fading. Without the base primer, my makeup smudged or faded within eight hours or less. With the base primer, my makeup lasted up to 10 hours or more. Also, the base primer I got had a shimmer appearance and that also enhanced my eyes, making it a bit more noticeable.

This is my first base primer and so far, I have had a great experience with it and I would definitely recommend this to first time users who have no idea on what type of base primer to choose because it's cheap and it definitely will last awhile before you need to buy a new one again!

NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer -OK

from Montgomery, AL

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer - All Shades:

This product is ok. You can definitely live without them. They do crease, i would not call these a primer. A base yes, but definitely not a primer. They do make your colors vibrant, but they play no role in the long wear of your eye makeup. They are creamy and easy to apply. They also aren't that expensive either which is good. The one in skintone is good for neutral looks. I would definitely recommend just buying the jumbo eye pencil in milk instead of buying the base, unless you plan on using this everyday. Personally i don't think these are a must have product. With products like primers, i recommend just spending the extra money and buying a good one that won't crease. This type of item is worth just splurging on. if all you're looking for is a basem just buy the jumbo eye pencils whic come in a bunch of different colors. You can buy about 3 pencils with the same amount you'd pay for this base.

NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer keeps eyeshadow on, but creases!

from Hondo, TX

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer - All Shades:

I already use an eyeshadow primer, but was interested in trying a base to make my eyeshadows more vibrant and long-lasting.  I had heard about MAC paint pots, but they are more expensive, so I decided just to try NYX Eyeshadow Base Primers.  They are pretty cheap, so that's always a bonus.  They go on easily and do make your eyeshadows slightly more vibrant and long-lasting, but...they crease like crazy!  I hate having creases in my eyeshadow!  I have oily lids, which is why I use an eyeshadow primer, and before using the NYX Eyeshadow Base, I never had a problem with creasing.  However, after using it, crease central!!  And it happened quickly, too, not after a days worth of wear.  Within an hour or so, my eyeshadow had creased.  Perhaps there is a method that can be used to make this eyeshadow base not crease, as it does work to make your shadows vibrant and long-lasting.  If so, then this product would be above average!

very good for the price

from Houston, TX

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow Base Primer - All Shades:

I have the nyx eyeshadow base in white and overall im satisfied with the product. I initially bought it because it was incredibly cheap and i didnt want to shell out 17 or 18 for a shadow base. It makes the pigments of the eyeshadow you use pop up and more vibrant. Although i have alot of good things to say about this product there a  few things i  think would make it even better. For example i dont necessarily like sticking my fingers in products and with this i kinda had to so now i just apply it with a sponge applicator, i also dislike how hard it is to remove one its on its on and theres no making it budge. I also feel that its too thick i would like something more lightweight, but it last for a long time which is more than i could ask at the steal i got it for.  I do like though the different color variety but i havent tried any other than white. If youre on the fence about it i would say just give it a try for the price it beats out any other name brand base.