Other Eyeshadows:
NYX
NYX Eyeshadow - All Products

NYX Eyeshadow - All Products

Pretty good!

I find that the singles are pretty pigmented (for lighter colors--more so than trios) and I got them at a discounted price (50% off). Don't get the palettes-for some reason, the quality is much better in the singles. For this price, these are really good! The colors stay on (I use shadowbox primer, I plan to try a better primer soon) for a good portion of the day. Use primer with this. To make some of the colors pop, I like to use it with the milk jumbo eyeliner (which I definitely recommend).

This brand has some really good MAC dupes (deep bronze-woodwinked, satin taupe-iced mocha, etc). Still, if you compare the two, NYX tends to be rather powdery and a lot softer. This can make them harder to work with. The consistency isn't always the same from color to color.

In my opinion, the whites and really light colors are harder to work with whereas the darker colors are great! I mainly use the browns (volcano is a great stand-alone color) and blacks (great dupe for mac carbon). For the best value, stick with darker colors (I have not tried the nude matte colors). They show up great and are very easy to blend.

Also, 160 colors! So much to choose from..shimmery, matte, satin, etc. Give it a try, you might end up really liking this.

not long lasting

Seduced by the raving reviews all over the net, I decided to give NYX Eyeshadow a try.

I bought NYX eyeshadow Deep Purple, Hot Pink and their triple shadows, Dandy (white, grey and deep brown)

when I first try it, I was impressed, it goes on so smooth and the colors are pretty. but only after an hour (!) it went missing, I have no idea where they went, I just check my eyelids and there absolutely no colors left. I try to wet the applicator and the colors are lovely and make my eyes 'pop', but again, it dissapear within an hour. what a girl gotta do, apply eyeshadow every hour?naaahh

really really dissapointed with this brand and will not buy it again.

It's so shiny

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow - All Products:

I really like the eyeshadow by Nyx. I bought the base coat and then applied the eye shadow and it lasted all day. I think it depends on how you apply it. Eyeshadow seems to work better after you apply cover up. Apply the eye shadow base. Then apply a light costing of a neutral color of Nyx eyeshadow to the entire eye. Then you are ready to apply your eyeshadow to your eyelid. If you need more of a visual just look up a how to video on smokey eyes. It's the same concept. You will find your look will last longer. After all is said and done use some of the Nyx makeup spray that keeps your makeup looking fresh all day. I get all my Nyx makeup at nordstrom rack. They have all the testers out so you can decide if you like the colors or not. Some look completely different once they are on your skin. Best part about getting it at nordstrom is that they stand behind their product and always put their customers first. So if you find you don't like the eyeshadow they are willing to return it.

I'm a huge NYX brand fan - great products !

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow - All Products:

What can I say? Nyx hasn't disappointed me yet! I find this eye shadow to be a nice, silky consistency. Available in unusual colors, they stay pretty true from container to face. I nice, high quality make up for only a little bit more than the cheapest of cheap brands. I highly recommend this product. Give it a try and you'll see why I gave them top score.

Good very cheap eyeshadows

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow - All Products:

These eyeshadows are small but a very affordable price. The color selection is nice and they are very soft and blendable. They're not my favorite eyeshadows but for the price you can't really go wrong. They have decent pigmentation and they aren't too messy to work with.

Highly pigmented and inexpensive

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow - All Products:

Nyx eye shadows are highly pigmented and have been compared to MAC. These shadows come in bright, vibrant colors as well as muted colors. I love the variety of matte and shimmer shades this company has. The best part is that they are inexpensive and often go on sale. Each eye shadow cake lasts a long time. The color payoff is amazing and if you want really stand out color, use Nyx white eye shadow primer. These colors are great for people who like wild, bright, eye-popping make-up. Nyx also has colors that are natural enough for wearing to work. I know that a lot of the cheaper, bright colored shadows are talc-y, but not these shadows. There is not a lot of left over shadow dust in the pan after use. The cake stays firmly in tact and it doesn't take a lot of product to get the look you want. These shadows are best used with a good brush set. I find that a shadow brush picks up the color much better than a sponge applicator.

Pretty good!

Disappointed

from Orange City, FL

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow - All Products:

Too much fallout so much so it looked like I'd been playing in a tube of glitter. Color doesn't last. I tried applying with both a sponge tip applicator and an eyeshadow brush. I don't use a primer with any of my shadows as I haven't had a problem before this. Even WNW shadows haven't given me these problems. Glad I only bought one to try it out.

Gave it one star for all the colors offered ~ although they don't "stick"

not long lasting

from Hinckley, UT

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow - All Products:

really really dissapointed with this brand and will not buy it again.

NYX Eyeshadows are great!

from Opa Locka, FL

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow - All Products:

NYX single eyeshadows are pretty good for the price and like the round lipsticks, there are many shades to choose from. The pigmentation is about an 8 on a scale from 1 to 10. Some of the colors do not last as long or have as much pigmentation as the others, but using a good primer usually helps a lot. They aren't sold in drugstores, so you have to go to makeup stores (like Ulta) or check out your local beauty supply stores. For the widest selection to choose from, buy online. There are some awesome neutrals, some pretty soft colors and even some great brignt colors. The formula is a tiny bit powdery, but not extreme. They are really affordable so it is easy to build a collection of colors. The packaging is simple and sturdy. The container is nothing special, it's square shaped with a clear lid. I would definitely recommend these eyeshadows. If you're used to brands like MAC then they may not be your favorite shadows but I think that the price is low enough to at least give them a try.

Not Bad!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow - All Products:

I have a few colors from the Nyx eye shadow line, it's not the best eyeshadow in the market but it's not bad for what you pay. Not all the colors are very pigmented which I don't like, less pigmented means I need to use more in order to pack on the color in order to actually achieve the actual true color of the eye shadow. The Nyx Cream Cheese one works very well as a high lighter for smokey eyes. It really helps to define your eye brows and the general shape of your eye. Some of my favorite colors that come out looking very pretty are Lagoon Sparkle, Velvet Suede, Frosted Ocean, Sweet Pink, Irises and Super Creamy (for a very natural barely there type of look). I like these eyeshadows also because there is not a lot of fall out, atleast not from the ones I bought. As for the amount of time it stays on your eye lids before it melts away, I would say about 5 hours until you can see some parts of your eye shadow starting to fade. For the price it's not bad and the quality is acceptable.

LOVE THIS PRODUCT

from Stopover, KY

Comments about NYX Eyeshadow - All Products:

i TRUELY LOVE THE NYX eye shadow it comes in beatiful colors and easy to use some comes with applicators and some even have brushes attacted to the lid so when you close the product you are actually dipping the brush in the eye shadow. It lasts pretty good and it looks very pretty when you wear it goes on great looks great and its just wonderful its eveything you look for in a eyeshadow. It even comes with glitter colors as well. You will be able to find a color to match every outifit you got there are plenty to choice from. It really is not that exspensive, but we all know anytime you go out to buy make up there is a great deal of money spent. I know i spend a lot of money on make up and i hardly ever get much. It is getting outraguos i think. But thats about all i can say about it so now i can just say go out and try it out. you can find it at walmart in the beauty/ make up section. Hope you enjoy it as much as i do.