Other Pacifiers & Teethers:
NUK
NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier

NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier

Great bink for breast-fed babies!

When my oldest daughter was born, she was exclusively breast-fed and I was absolutely set on no pacifiers because I was worried about them interfering with nursing (we had had enough difficulties as it was with it being the first time for both of us and she had a high palette making nursing that much more challenging).  Unfortunately, my daughter grew accustomed to nursing herself to sleep, and if I tried to move her, she would wake up instantly.  We struggled with this for three weeks and then after yet another sleepless night my husband suggested we at least try a pacifier.  These NUK orthodonic silicone pacifiers were actually the only type we had on hand (we had specifically asked for no pacifiers from family, but a well-meaning coworker through these into a gift basket), so we boiled them to sterilize them and after just a few tries, my daughter took to one and very quickly fell fast asleep!  It was absolutely amazing and while there was still a little bit of hesitancy on my behalf, I soon learned that I had nothing to be concerned about - the NUK orthodonic silicone pacifiers did not interfere with nursing at all!  My daughter did become quite attached to hers, but we were still able to get her to give hers up entirely before her third birthday (even though her little sister was now using them).  I did purchase these NUK pacifiers much sooner for my second daughter, and they also had no affect on her nursing, even though she had one within the first week.  My second daughter also had a severe acid reflux, so these pacifiers were especially helpful in trying to soothe her and help her get through GERD.  I do love how colorful these pacifiers are (although I wish they would come in even more colors!), and probably the worst thing about them is that it seems like we are always losing them and buying more! :)

NUK wasn't a favorite of my son's

When my son was born, we were determined not to use pacifiers as we didn't want him to become too attached to a pacifier and then have a problem of breaking him from it later on in life. However, a day after he was born, a nurse in the hospital suggested that we try a pacifier to help soothe and comfort him at nap and bedtime! I am so glad that we listened to that advice! We were given a pack of NUK pacifiers at my baby shower, so we had several on hand, but used a different brand pacifier that the hospital gave us and my son loved! Once we lost the other brand pacifiers (before we realized that they were available at more than just the hospital) we tried to use the NUK pacifiers and my son just HATED them!! The pacifier was far too short for him, and seeing as I am nursing, was shaped nothing like the breast. We continued to use these pacifiers in a pinch, but as time went on they started to leak and puncture tiny holes very easily. I also hated the imprint that was left around my son's mouth, that looks so tacky! Needless to say, we'll be sticking with the other brand of pacifiers!

nuk binkies

Comments about NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier:

I am absolutley in love with Nuk pacifiers. they're the only kind i use for my children. i really like the fact they are orthodonic too, I have an 18 month old who has a mouth full of teeth! I also love the little designs that come on them, I recently bought ones with little snowmen for the winter time!! Over all im extremely happy with this product and i will continue to buy these pacifiers! my daughter loves them and so do I. i'm expecting my second child in march and he already has a little stash of Nuk binkies!

Baby's Favorite Pacifier

Comments about NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier:

I'm a long time lover of NUK products and their pacifiers don't disappoint. I've been recommended to use this brand of pacifiers by orthodontists and pediatricians many times. They say these pacifiers are better for babies as they start to get teeth, plus the shape is very natural and easy on the mouth. I almost strictly breastfeed my daughter who is 13 months old, but have also let her have a pacifier since birth. She never got nipple confusion which is a huge bonus, and she really seems to love these pacifiers above all other competing brands. I have tried to use a few others but she refused them. These NUK pacifiers are high quality, very affordable and easy on the wallet, babies love them, and mommy loves a happy baby! Plus they always seem to come out with the cutest color combinations and I think that's fun. All in all, this would be my #1 pick of pacifiers and I highly recommend them to other moms as well! They need to be replaced every 2-3 months, but for the great price available, it is not a big deal.

For an older infant but not a newborn

Comments about NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier:

First, I'd like to give credit to nuk for making some incredibly cute pacifiers. They have some of the cutest designs and colors. I just don't recommend them for a newborn even the 0-3 months ones. My daughter was given the soothie in the hospital and refuses the nuk. The nipple is way to big and she hates it. She literally can not hold it in it is too big. Also the plastic almost completely covers her nose which doesn't bother her but it does bother me. I will say that my friends with babies six months and older really seem to love them. It's like the soothie to a newborn. All of them won't go to bed without one. I'm definitely going to use these with my daughter when she gets older. I also recommend a pacifier clip since my friends are always losing their binkies. Lastly, I love the price for these! Soothies are expensive so I can't wait to retire those and move on to something cheaper.

Fits baby perfectly

from Emmaus, PA

Comments about NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier:

After trying several different brands of pacifiers, I tried the silicon nuk and haven't looked back since. The nuk fits my four month olds mouth perfectly and has given her the extra comfort she has needed. I feel safe using a silicon product and the colors are fun too.

NUK Pacifier was my daughter's favorite!

from Selkirk, NY

Comments about NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier:

My daughter used the NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier from 3 weeks old till about 14 months of age.  I liked the colors and designs available.  I also loved that it was available in silicone.  The NUK is easy to clean, I did throw it in the dishwasher on numerous occasions.  Never had any issues with her biting through the silicone or no issues with keeping it clean.  The price is pretty reasonable.  I loved that they came in 2 packs so if one fell on the floor or got lost you have a back up.  I did have numerous ones that I kept around the house just in case.  The outer plastic part was not too heavy.  She seemed to be able to keep them in her mouth when she was younger without falling out frequently.  It was also great that many local stores carried them in a variety of colors, including neutral ones.  Which is a great option if you do not know the sex of the baby and need to purchase a few necessarities before the arrival.

Our daughter loves these!!

from Mankato, MN

Comments about NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier:

We received one of these NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifiers from the hospital for my daughter and she loves it. She is now 3 months old, and these are her favorite pacifiers. They are so much easier for her to keep in her mouth then some of the other ones that we have tried. I think that is primarily because of the design around the mouth, but it could also be the shape of the nipple. They are also very easy to clean. I just throw them into the sterilizer with bottles and anything else that needs to be washed. Also, I was a little concerned that giving my daughter a pacifier would cause nipple confusion while breastfeeding, but she did not have any problem. The only thing that I found that I don't like with this pacifier is that sometimes I find dirt buildup on the nipple in between where the nipple and the other plastic shield meet. But that might be a problem with all pacifiers that have the same type pf connection.

NUK paci's are all my son will take!

from Statham, GA

Comments about NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier:

I was given a different brand of pacifiers when I was in the hospital after giving birth to my first son. He refused to take them in the hospital. When we got home, I opened a package of NUK pacifiers that had been given to me at my baby shower. Magic! He took them! NUK pacifiers are fabulous! They always have great designs that are fun and colorful! Recently, we purchased some that look like baseballs and footballs and they are precious! My sons would only take NUK pacifiers as babies and we tried many different brands. The pacifier clips have always fit nicely around the ring of the pacifier which is great. There are some brands that you have to buy a brand specific pacifier clip in order for it to work. I have no complaints except that they can be pricey but I've yet to find a brand that isn't!

good except one problem

from Mankato, MN

Comments about NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier:

I really like the Nuk brand and the quality of their products. They make a lot of nice baby products. I like their bottles and pacifiers and the way that they have shaped the end to fit better into the baby's mouth and promote healthy mouth formation and teeth. The only main drawback and dislike that I have come to have for Nuk pacifiers is that they end/nipple part allows water in. It is hollow and where the rubber or silicone of the "nipple" part of the pacifier meets with the plastic, there is room enough for water or saliva to seep in. This wouldn't be a problem except that it does not really dry or it takes a long time to dry. In the meantime, mildew and mold start to grow in there. I have thrown out several pacifiers as I do not want my baby possibly to be exposed to mold as he sucks on the pacifier. Otherwise, the Nuk pacifiers are sturdy and durable and last a while even even with my child sucking on it often. Nuk brand offers a wide variety of fun colors and designs which is nice.

These are baby's favorite

from Lakeville, MN

Comments about NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier:

The Nuk brand pacifier is our tried and true "go to" Nuky for our youngest. We've tried the big Soothies (like they give you in the hospital), Avent brand and neither seemed to really "satisfy" the little guy the way Nuk brand do. I love that they are offered in a variety of fun/bright colors (makes it easier to find when baby drops or throws them out of the crib) and made it many different sizes for a baby's growing mouth. They are sturdy and durable and we've never had an issue with a pacifier breaking.

We've found they are easy to steam clean and although some water can get trapped in the nipple it is easy to squeeze and shake it out.

I laugh everytime my little guy is reaching for his Nuk and the goofy excited face he gets when I give it to him and/or he happily shoves it in his mouth. I would buy these pacifiers again if I was in the market and would certainly recommend them to others.

Nuk pacifiers work well for my one month old

from Bemidji, MN

Comments about NUK Orthodonic Silicone Pacifier:

I am nursing my newborn, but there are times when the pacifier is a life saver! We were a little concerned that it would interfere with feeding, but it hasn't at all (we only started using it the 3rd week)

I bought a two pack from Amazon. I like how sturdy they feel, the rubber part is nice and thick, the handle is also well made, so they don't feel like they're going to be chewed apart quickly. I like the color, makes them easy to find when I leave them lying around.

I like that they are easy to clean, just boil them 5 minutes and all yucky stuff is gone.

I do think they look a little funny in the kid's mouth, but that is not unique to this pacifier alone. It does leave a very clear imprint when you take it out though.

My daughter is very satisfied with it once it's "in", so I don't think it's the wrong size. I did notice on the package you can get pacifiers for different ages, and I did get the one for newborns. We'll just have to wait and see if she "outgrows" it and needs a different size.