3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

She Sips, She Smiles, She Scores with the Sippy Cup

The **Gerber Graduates Sip and Smile Cups** are one of the three cups I perfer for my children.  The younger one in particular uses these cups, while the older preschooler perfers things with characters on them (so does the younger one but she is not as picky about it).

**Features I Don't Like about the **Gerber Graduates Sip and Smile Cups****

- they are not completely spill proof - as evidenced even tonight as I left the room to return to find a spill in the middle of my bed
- can't find replacement lids or stoppers (that's what I call those little things that are supposed to keep it from tipping and spilling -- others call it valves)
- hard to clean the inside where the valve sits
- lack of colors or styles

****Features I Do Like about the **Gerber Graduates Sip and Smile Cups******

- better at not spilling than most
- excellent beginner cup
- curved surface near top of cup to make it easier to hold
- no handles
- dishwasher safe
- BPA free

***My Viewpoint:***  The **Gerber Graduates Sip and Smile Cups **were one of the first transition cups we used to move from bottles to cups.  I prefer to use cups that don't have handles, so there is no additional training from handled cups to non handled after getting them off the bottle, which makes the curved top of this cup perfect for little hands to get a hold of.  The three little holes at the top make drinking easy.  They are incredibly durable as they have survived drops, bounces, being left in the car or even lost.  Many other parents I know use them, they are so popular at playdates I have to put a label with my daughter's name on it to keep track.  I wish they had more styles, the blue one is a truck or a lion, don't get me wrong my daughter likes both, but a few more styles and colors to chose from than pink, blue and green would be fun. They do last a long time and even the preschooler uses them from time to time when mom needs to wash the big girl character cups.  The one thing I really dislike is needing to take a bottle brush to the inside where the valve or stopper goes to get it really clean, so the cup goes in the dishwasher and the lid and stopper goes in the sink making more work for me.

Find out what other sippy cups are easy on mom and make the girls happy . . .here's one. [Pretty as a Princess Sippy Cup for the First Years of Preschool][1]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/the-First-Years-Sippy-cup-review-75c65

Mommy, Daddy or Baby Girl are not smiling and scared with Gerber

My 16 month old daughter was caring around her Gerber Sip and Smile Cup and her sneaker got caught on the carpet and she fell.  When she fell the cup made an inch and 1/2 laceration in her face.  The doctor or my husband, nurses did not believe me that the sippy cup did this until they were cleaning out the laceration and saw where the three holes on top had scraped her tissue.  8 stitches from the er on my princesses face, we took her to a plastic surgeon who then re did the stitches from the inside and out- 100 stitches later, the cup went 80% through. Who would have ever thought a sippy cup would do this, one that is made for crawlers and toddlers.  So beware and be careful. I wouldn't want anyone to have to have a nightmare like i have had

Gerber/NUK cups are Consistently Great

from Powder Springs, GA

Comments about NUK BPA Free Graduates Sip and Smile Cup:

We have tried dozens of sippy cups and straw cups in the past three years with our 2 kids, consistently, Gerber/NUK cups are the best. They have the same valve no matter what age group or style of cup, and all the lids fits all the cups no matter what the volume or age group. I've never had one leak and some of our first purchased cups have survived both kids are hardly look used. They are of course BPA-free and have tons of colors and styles available. The mix and match-ability of ALL Gerber/NUK cups makes our kitchen cabinet nice and neat: all the lids on one side of the shelf, all the cups on the other and all the valves in a little dish. Just grab one of each and you are good to go! The only complaint I have about certain cups are the ones that have no contours or curves: if they get slimy with food, they can be hard to grip to twist the lid off. That's actually a good thing with you have toddlers that have figured out how to take the lid off, but a slight inconvience to adults trying to clean the cups. Overall though, the best cups, hands down.

Love these NUK cups!

from Norwood, MO

Comments about NUK BPA Free Graduates Sip and Smile Cup:

I have been struggling to find the perfect sippy cup for my toddler until now. I wanted something easy to care for and leak proof. I also wanted something cute too. I tried store brand cups and knock offs not wanting to spend a lot of money on a cup I will hate. I finally thought I would try these for my son in hopes he would like them as well.While the price was more then what I had been paying for cups I thought being the NUK brand it would be high quality. I was right! After buying them and getting them home I washed them up and loved that I didnt have to use a fancy bottle brush to get it clean and the valve that came with it was easy to clean as well and didnt leave "particles" resulting in more time scrubbing. They are very durable and will last a long time it seems. My son loves them and I have not had any leaking issues. They are fantastic and well worth the extra money to get something that will last this long.

I love Nuk but these are average!

from Federal Way, WA

Comments about NUK BPA Free Graduates Sip and Smile Cup:

Since my son only liked the Nuk bottles when he was a newborn, I thought I'd give these Nuk sippy cups a try. I found out the hard way that there are some products that look great on the shelves in the stores, but once you're at home using them, they're not quite as useful as you thought.

This is one of those items you need to work well and this Nuk version doesn't do it well enough! I don't like the fact that there are no handles. My son loves holding his own stuff, especially his sippy cup! So by not having handles, it is harder for him to drink by himself and play around with the cup itself. Perhaps this was made for older kids who don't need the handles any more.

Another thing I found was that it was terribly hard to get any kind of liquid out of the cup itself! Perhaps this is why my son was so frustrated with the cup! I understand the need for "no spill" but wow, that is a ridiculous amount of sucking needed to get the drink out!

our go to cup

from Onalaska, WI

Comments about NUK BPA Free Graduates Sip and Smile Cup:

We started using these sippy cups for our son when he was about 12 moths old. We purchased the ones with the doggy, kitties, and balls on them. At 22 months he still loves to point them out to us. He seems to really like these cups overall.

We really like how well they hold in the liquids. We haven't had any issues with them leaking and have been using them for almost a year now-in my opinion that is worth the money we spent on them.

We use are dishwasher to wash all of our dirty dishes and these have held up really well too. They haven't shown any wear and tear marks from the dish washer. Sure, some of them are a little scraped up from my son chewing on them or from him trowing them on the cement, but they still work just as good as the day we purchased them.

We have also tried the insulated kind and have been happy with those. They do seem to keep his milk a little colder when we are out and about. Many of our friends with kids use these same cups and really like them. I would say if you haven't tried them you really should.

Gerber Sip and Smile - a good second step

from Mundelein, IL

Comments about NUK BPA Free Graduates Sip and Smile Cup:

My toddler was using Nuby sippy cups with an extremely soft, bottle-like spout, and I was ready for her to move on to the next step. My mother-in-law bought a couple of Gerber Graduates Sip and Smile Sippy Cups and my daughter seemed to really like them, so I bought a few. Overall, they've been pretty good and the baby likes them.

The spout on the Sip and Smile Sippy Cups is soft, but not too soft. It's good for transitioning for babies not yet ready for totally hard spouts. My daughter really drinks well out of them and will finish an almost entirely full sippy cup of milk. She has a lot of teeth and is a chewer, so unfortunately, all of the spouts now have bite marks all over them. I will have to watch and make sure it doesn't get to the point that she's biting through them; that's a concern for me. A couple of the cups leak occasionally, and there's one that we have to really, really tighten to get it not to leak. Also, the spouts are not totally spill-proof; if a toddler turns one upside down and vigorously shakes one, quite a bit of liquid comes out. Make sure you remove and clean the valve thoroughly; my mother forgot once and some really, really gross liquid built up inside! No sippy is perfect, but these are a good option.

Leaks are Good for Home Use Only

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about NUK BPA Free Graduates Sip and Smile Cup:

I have been wanting to review these cups for awhile - to warn others to stay away!  This is why I'm surprised to come and see so many raving reviews.  I would not reccommend these cups to anyone.  I am not sure how the large batch of cups I received from a friend, ALL of which leaked could differ so greatly from those that everyone claims to not leak at all.

The problem is this, the "leak-proof" insert for the spout contains a small piece of rubberized plastic cut in such a way that after one suck the plastic is stuck in the open position and a few good shakes from my playful daughter leave her and her high chair splattered in milk or juice.  She, also, has discovered this loophole and can often be found making puddles on her high chair tray to splash in.

Now, to be honest, these cups were hand-me-downs, so I suppose I cannot say for certain whether or not this flawed design has been fixed recently, but I DO know I would not be willing to invest in more of these same Gerber sippies just to see, especially not when I know for a fact Playtex DOES make spill-proof cups which are much more worth my time and money.

That said, as the hand-me-down Gerber cups are the majority of our sippy stock, I do use them for around-the-house, mostly for water, and save my non-leaking Playtex cups for the diaper bag and trips out of the house where I'd prefer for my daughter to not be covered in her liquid of choice.

great for little hands- gotta love Gerber!

from Canton, MI

Comments about NUK BPA Free Graduates Sip and Smile Cup:

These Gerber cups are great and my kids have used them for years. They wash nicely, and I love that the parts all come apart to clean. Some cups do not have that option, and then mildew and mold and who knows what can get inside there. It is gross to think your kids could be drinking that with their juice or milk! The only downside of these cups is that I've found them to leak a bit, but maybe mine are getting old or they aren't screwed on tight enough.

The are great for little hands to grip and hold. They love the cute little designs on them and for some reason, each kid has their favorite one! They stack nicely in the cupboard and are the right size to stick in purses, diaper bags, lunch bags, or to pack with a picinic.

I bought a few of these to take to grandparents house and frequently give them with gifts. I think Gerber makes great products for kids and really cares about quality and how the consumer feels.

Gerber Sippy Cup is decent for price

from Ahoskie, NC

Comments about NUK BPA Free Graduates Sip and Smile Cup:

I have been using the Gerber Sippy Cups for about a year now, and I must say that they work wonderfully!  I enjoy using them, I just wish my child wasn't so rough with them.  They are leak-proof, as long as your child doesn't shake them all around with them.  They have a great system, but you need to be careful when cleaning it since I have accidently ripped part of the spill-proof "rubber" piece inside which caused it to leak.  My child loves to chew a lot, so she has chewed a good part of the tip of the cup closed/off, so I have been having to cut open the top a bit in order for her to continue using it.  It is a very sturdy plastic that doesn't break or crack when it is dropped on the ground, even concrete.  The designs are fun and each color top has a different design, which makes it fun for the kids.  The only other thing about these cups are if your child drinks it, but doesn't drink the little bit between the "rubber" no-spill spot and the opening and they throw it or drop it, that little bit will fall out of the cup and onto whatever the cup is on (carpet, furniture, ect).  The is the only "spill" that this cup does.  Another thing, NEVER put any carbonated drinks into this cup.  The fuzz will cause the drink to spray out of the cup, even in an upright position.  One thing I love about this cup vs other sippy cups I've tried, is the top is hard plastic instead of the soft "rubber" top.  The soft "rubber" top is good for the transition from bottle to sippy cup, but once they are on the cup...it is good to switch to this type.  Overall, I believe that Gerber made an exellent sippy cup, even for the chewer!

IT REALLY DOESN'T LEAK!

from Alleyton, TX

Comments about NUK BPA Free Graduates Sip and Smile Cup:

In search of a sippy cup that wouldn't leak stinky milk all over my furniutre, I found these.  They do not leak.  My 1 yr. old can throw it across the room and the contents stay in.  I had bad luck with Learning Curve and Nuby, but these really do work great!  And the patterns are cute for both girls and boys!!!

The no leak sippy miracle cup

from Otter Lake, MI

Comments about NUK BPA Free Graduates Sip and Smile Cup:

Transitioning from bottles to sippy cups can be an extremely difficult task.  As a mother of twins it was hard trying to find the right cup for my children to transition to that did not leak and held up well.  Gerber Graduates Sip and Smile Sippy Cups made it an easy task.