4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

As good as the expensive brands

I have fair skin, so I always sunburn- and usually rather quickly too.  While on vacation in FL, I ran out of sunscreen and had to run to the store to get more. That was the first time I saw NO AD. I only had a few days left and the price was cheap, so I tried it out.It's a little more watery the some of the expesive ones, but it works just as good. I have been using it for a few years now. I still occasionally burn, but thats usually because I'm not applying as often as I should. My husband has very sensitive skin and most products irritate him. During the summer, he works outside in the sun all day. He definitly needs to wear sunscreen. He hasn't gotten an irritation from NO AD in the 3 years that he started using it.

I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning through you. And it hurts!

**Quick View**

**Quick View**

I rarely burn in the sun but I am concerned with skin cancer and premature aging so I slather sun block on anyway. I tried **NO AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF **figuring SPF 30 is SPF 30. I don't need fancy names and bottles, just protection. Oops, I didn't get that either. I actually got a sunburn while wearing this stuff!

**Full View**

**NO AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF** comes in both a squeeze bottle and a tube. I bought the tube because it seemed more portable. The stuff is white and fairly thick and smells like typical sunscreen. I have used other sun blocks and sunscreens and never burned. My skin is pale but has olive undertones that allow me to skip the burn phase and tan nicely. Sadly, with all the scary talk of skin cancer, I have to fake bake and block out the sun. This stuff seemed fine for me.

**My Experience**

I was only outdoors for about an hour and 15 minutes. I used **NO AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF **at least twice in that time, covering all exposed areas except my face. I use sun block for faces to avoid pore clogging. The cream smoothed on fine and smelled like typical suntan lotion which I actually like to smell. I romped around in and out of the sun - did not go into water or get wet - and made sure I applied the cream as often as I felt necessary. When I got home, I felt uncomfortable on my shoulders. I looked in the mirror and my shoulders and chest were burned! My face was NOT which had a different sun block on it but my body had actually burned! And I rarely burn even unprotected. The tops of my shoulders, my chest, and the tops of my legs were red. Ugh. It wasn't a disaster but I wondered how I could have burned while wearing SPF 30 and being very careful to apply often.

I am not brand loyal and couldn't care less what the name of the sun block I used is. But I DO expect it to do what it says. I know burns are not totally avoidable but, given I rarely burn and that I was slathered in the stuff, this was totally unacceptable.

**My Viewpoint**

**NO AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF **is cheaper than other sun blocks because, they say, they don't have the fancy packaging or advertising. Thats fine with me. But they also don't have the ability to keep my skin from burning and that isn't fine! I expect protection from sun block no matter what the name is. This didn't protect me and I cannot recommend it to you. ***1 star.***

It's average.

from Kansas

Comments about NO-AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF 30:

I have very fair skin and sunburn incredibly quick. I really don't care if my products are a specific brand, so I didn't even think about that when buying the NO-AD Ultra Sun Block. The product I bought came in the bottle that is pictured on this review but it comes in a tube also. The bottle is pretty big especially for the price. Firstly, the NO-AD Ultra Sun Block smells SO good! It's my favorite smelling sunblock I've smelled. It is a little more runny than normal sunblocks. A little of it goes a long way, if you use too much you will be sitting there trying to rub it in forever. It absorbs fairly quickly which is good. It doesn't leave a sticky feeling or anything on your skin which is another perk. My complaint about the product is that it does not last long and does not last in water or through sweat. You have to reapply it quite frequently especially if swimming or working out. Overall, it's not bad and worth a try.

• Ease of Application:

I ALWAYS LOOK FOR THIS ONE!

Comments about NO-AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF 30:

I am fair skinned and in my younger days got my fair share of sunburns seeking that golden tan that was the goal of everyone in the summer. When I (and so many others) finally wised up and realized that our skin needed to be protected I tried many different sunscreens. This NO AD sunscreen has been my 1st choice for many years now. Why? Because IT WORKS and IT'S REASONABLY PRICED!!! I don't need the bottle that looks Hawaiian or smells like coconuts, I just need a sunblock that gives me the protection I need without my looking like a fence post freshly whitewashed!

I have to admit that I am not a fan of the scent of any sunblock. It doesn't matter which bottle I open and sniff...they all have that distinctive sunblock scent! If they try real hard, it is sometimes masked by a tropical scent, but regardless...that sunscreen scent is there! So I have to rate this product with a 7. It smells like sunblock and since it is sunblock, I guess that is just the way it will be.

Absorption
I love the way this sunblock absorbs into the skin. It isn't greasy and heavy like some, yet it still protects!

Longevity
Because I have become a little OCD with my sunscreen applications, I tend to over use the lotion by reapplying it almost hourly. I know of others who use it less frequently while out in the sun, I just don't want to take a chance when I don't have to.

This sunblock works extremely well. It has kept me from burning for the many years that I have been using it.

Ease of Application
How much easier can it get? Spread it on and it's done!

Great brand

Comments about NO-AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF 30:

For years, NO AD has been making great products, and their new Ultra Sun Block Lotion has not been a disappointment for me. Despite it only being SPF thirty, it does a successful job in protecting me from the summer sun. I used this stuff several times and was satisfied with it every time. There is very little to complain about with NO AD's Ultra Sun Block. There is no annoying scent to worry about. The lotion seems to last for hours assuming you don't get it too wet. Although it is not a super strong lotion, it still gets the job done. I found that the lotion was fairly easy to apply and it rubbed in pretty quickly without much effort. Personally, I wish this one was in a spray bottle to make it easier, but that's just a small detail. I shared some of this with my friends and their kids and they all liked it a lot too. The lotion is a little more expensive than most others, but you might find it worth it. Overall, if I found a good deal on this stuff, I would buy it again.

NO AD Sunblock

Comments about NO-AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF 30:

This product was surprisingly low in cost for the coverage that it offers. I ended up finding it at the store during the spring season. I was looking for something that wasn't an extremely high SPF count because it was pretty early on in the season. It worked really nicely for me in protecting my shoulders and arms which are always the most susceptible areas of my body to burn.

It actually doesn't really have any scent at all so it works for those times when I want the coverage without all the smells involved. It also works really well for my husband who isn't fond of flowery or girlish smells. This is one of the only sunscreens he will actually use.

Absorption
It doesn't take very long to absorb. Probably three to five minutes at most and doesn't clog up the pores or cause breakouts on my skin.

I have naturally more tan skin so for me I can use medium coverage protection and it works really well for me up until I get into summertime.

Works

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about NO-AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF 30:

I have had a great experience with the line of NO AD sunscreen, including the SPF 30 one and the higher protection ones as well. I really like this brand because they provide such a large bottle which is very rare and hard to find in any other brand. Also, the prices are great, and you just can't beat them. To make things even better the sunscreen is really great. My family and I love going to the beach and we go through a lot of sunscreen since we usually stay about a week each time. This worked great for my girls who are out in the sun, pool and ocean pretty much the whole day. I used it this past time and they did not get burned. It has a nice texture, kind of dense but very nice since it is not so oily and greasy as some others are. It absorbs quickly and does not leave that white film on top.

Not much scent.

Absorbs rapidly.

Great, my girls kept from getting burned.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply. Anyone can do it.

• Ease of Application:

No Ad is the ONLY Sunscreen for me!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about NO-AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF 30:

This product is absolutely the best. I'm super pale (Irish and Swedish - my ancenstors barely know what the sun looks like!) But with No Ad, I'm covered. It's not greasy like a lot of other products and it covers great. It doesn't smell like I fell into a vat of banana goo or someone dumped a bucket of coconut oil all over me either. So many other suncreens smell just awful. No Ad is subtle and that's great.

But the best part, hands down, is the price. It comes in a bottle more than twice the size of most others and half the price. No money wasted on advertising and they actually pass the savings on to me! Love it!

good product

Comments about NO-AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF 30:

I got this as a sample in the mail. it worked pretty good. I didnt get sunburned while using it and its also was water resistant which is nice. The only problem was that it only last about 2 hours and then you have to put more on. I used this when i was at a water park so it kind of suck going back and forth because of it. Thats probably the only thing i didnt like about it.. Its easy to put on. Its really soft on skin. It absorb really well into you skin, no sunscreen visible.

The sample i received didnt have a scent to it

Absorption
It was really easy to put on. It wasnt at all hard to rub in like some sunscreen i have used in the past.

Longevity
I wish it would last longer you have to put it on again every 2 hours. It would be a lot better with a longer time.

worked pretty good, i didnt get a sunburn using this and i was outside for the whole day. I would give the effectiveness 5 out of 5 stars worked great.

Ease of Application
Easy to use and easy to put on

• Ease of Application:

Okay, but could be better

Comments about NO-AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF 30:

I do appreciate that the NO AD sunscreen is inexpensive, unconcerned with advertising and comes in a reasonable SPF (I hate when all I can find is an SPF 15, when I'm at the beach and need to buy some extra sunscreen! I am fair-skinned and need something that offers more protection). However, while it is good for quick protection or if you are not going to be in intense sun exposure, it didn't work so bell for me at the beach. Maybe it is just not as water resistant as the more expensive brands, or maybe it's because it's not as thick and doesn't absorb as well, but I incurred some sunburns on my shoulders and around my hairline where the sun is usually most intense on my skin. I still use it (I'm not going to waste a big bottle of it like this!), but next time I buy sunscreen, I may try out something that gets better reviews as far as being sweat-proof and waterproof, because those are my biggest problems when I'm at the beach or out at the lake.

Works great

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about NO-AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF 30:

During the summer I use sunscreen a lot. I have a very pale skin and have to re-apply sunscreen every couple of hours. I was trying different brands over the years. Most of sunscreens work similarly. I purchased NoAd sunscreen one time because I could not find the one I used regularly. NoAd is less expensive sunscreen, then the brand name ones. This is a nice bonus if you use sunscreen a lot. I tried it on my legs first to make sure I do not have any bad reaction. It worked fine. It is a little bit oily, but not a big deal. It spreads easily and get absorbed in skin relatively fast. I did not have any other complains. I am not so sure if it is waterproof or not, I never used it around the water. I would recommend it for a daily use.

• Ease of Application:

No Ads, just quality sun blocking for a good price

from Dayton, OH

Comments about NO-AD Ultra Sun Block Lotion SPF 30:

I tried this stuff after reading a high rating in a consumer ratings magazine. The gimmick is that they don't buy those expensive ads that make other brands cost more, so they make it cheaper. Still works and blocks the sun to keep the sunburn away. I generally dislike the oily non-absorbing lotions and oils, but this one seemed to absorb well. That's important since protecting the skin is the main point of this exercise. It doesn't sweat away easily, either. Always good to reapply as the day goes on, but it seems to be a lotion you can rely on. Nothing against advertising, but I'd rather keep my money than have a glitzy ad campaign behind my tanning lotion.