4.1
NIVEA
NIVEA Body Essentially Enriched Daily Lotion For Very Dry, Rough Skin

NIVEA Body Essentially Enriched Daily Lotion For Very Dry, Rough Skin

4.1

Pros

• Goes on smoothly (3)
  • Long lasting (3)
  • Moisturizes well (3)
  • Softens skin (3)

• After shower/bath (3)
  • Dry/chapped skin (3)
  • Winter dryness (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (3)

Awesome, Awesome lotion that won't break the bank

I can't tell you how many lotions that we have gone through to keep my littles eczema in check- just know it's enough to know a good lotion! THIS is amazing! I actually received this as a random Christmas gift and was soooo glad that I did! I usually have to purchase the (pricey) Aveeno bath treatments for eczema flair ups in between lotion rotations but have not had one single eczema incident since we have started using this regularly! I use this for my 3 year old after baths and she doesn't even scratch at dry skin; this is a big thing for us because she will scratch until she draws blood! It's not super thick like some of the deep moisturizing lotions tend to be so it glides on smoothly (and even easier when she is a little damp!) and absorbs rather quickly. Even though it isn't as thick, a little bit goes a long way! So much better than trying to rub in heavy cream! It has a very light scent; I don't notice the scent (probably because I put it on her daily) but when my husband or older daughter get near her after I've just put it on they always say how great she smells. As an added bonus: my hands are silky smooth! I always rub the extra all over my hands to use it up and have ended up with totally improved skin. I wasn't even trying lol. I just love it! Light enough to use everyday, strong enough to get the deep moisture we need!

Nivea lotion leaves a bit to be desired.

Nivea Body Essentially Enriched Daily Lotion for Very Dry, Rough Skin smells great, but it can be a bit too thick without a great payoff. For the past couple of years I have been buying most of my personal care products based on the coupons I clip. I started to find coupons for Nivea body lotions and thought I would try it again. I have not used it in a few years. The first tie I used it I thought it was a little too thich and sticky, but then my skin felt great. I do not like heavy scents either and when I first started to run int he lotion, I was worried. But the smell of the oroginal ended up not being too heavy and I enjoyed the faint odor throughout the rest of the day. However, by the time I went to bed, my skin did not feel hydrated. The next day I tried to be careful about putting it on while my skin was still damp, but it did not absorb well and at the end of the day I had the same result. I almost feel as though the lotion may be drying my skin out bit by bit. Although uit does not feel worse throughout the day, it does not feel smooth at the end of the day. I realize that Nivea is not the highest end product, but I would expect that it would improve the feel of my skin rather than make it feel drier. I just wish this was a better product.

Great lotion for everyday use!

from Cleveland, Ohio

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Softens Skin

• Winter Dryness

Comments about NIVEA Body Essentially Enriched Daily Lotion For Very Dry, Rough Skin:

I use this product after I get out of the shower. It works well and is not greasy at all. I do not have to wash it off my hands afterwards. It rubs right in and moisturizes well.

The best lotion for hydrating dry skin!

from Gerrardstown, WV

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Goes On Smoothly
    • Long Lasting
    • Moisturizes Well
    • Softens Skin

• Deep Moisturization
      • Winter Dryness

This lotion is literally the best lotion for dry skin! I use moisturizing body wash, but that isn't enough moisturization for some areas. This picks up the slack for my elbows, knees, back and feet. It has an almond oil mixed with baby powder smell to it, but it isn't that heavy. The lotion deeply moisturizes for at least 24 hours! I watched a YouTube review of this, and the lady said it lasts 24 hours, and I thought "yeah, right" but it really does last! I get up, grab a shower, apply this and I am still soft and hydrated the next morning when i wake up! I use it everyday, and it has actually improved my skins texture. Especially my feet! They used to be extremely rough, but I apply this lotion and wear socks everyday, and they are not as dry as they used to be. So do yourself a favor and invest in this lotion!

Awesome, Awesome lotion that won't break the bank

from Centralia, IL

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
      • Goes On Smoothly
      • Long Lasting
      • Moisturizes Well
      • Smells Great
      • Softens Skin

• Deep Moisturization
        • Eczema

My one and only!

I suffer from perpetually dry skin and have tried many lotions. It's the one my mother used on me as child. I have flirted with others but always return to my tried and true.
        The lotion comes in an attractive blue pump bottle which I prefer as it is more sanitary. It has the consistency of lotion mixed with oil. It has a strong scent reminiscent of baby powder when pumped out of the bottle and upon application. The smell however starts fading right away and is barely discernible after a half hour. Despite the thicker consistency, it absorbs into the skin with no more rubs than regular lotion.
        Nivea essentially enriched lotion leaves a slightly greasy coating on the skin after it is rubbed in. That coating is a strong selling point for me. It provides a temporary barrier between my skin and my clothes, giving more time for the lotion to be fully absorbed. The whole family uses it and loves it.

• Absorption:

Nivea Body Enriched Daily Lotion is a great body lotion.

from Muskegon, MI

Nivea Body Enriched Daily Lotion is the last body lotion I purchased for my really dry skin. It is a great product that leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized. In the cold weather, my skin gets really dry and itchy, so I used Nivea Body Essentially Enriched Daily Lotion for the lotion of my choice to help relieve my skin dryness, roughness and itchiness. The smell is fantastic with not to much fragrance. It has a smooth texture that is not oily or greasy. After applying Nivea, it doesn't leave your skin greasy or oily. It leaves it feeling really smooth. I would recommend Nivea as a good body lotion to purchase for really dry, rough, itchy skin. It helps stop the itchiness that can lead to much scratching and more irritation of your skin. It cost a little bit more, but is well worth the price.

It has a great smell with not a lot of fragrance or perfume in it.

Absorption
        It absorbs good and leaves your skin feeling smooth.

Nivea helped relieve the dryness, roughness and itchiness I experienced.

not so wonderful lotion

It did have a nice scent but a bit strong at first moment. It is watery and did not absorb well into my skin. I still use it on occasion but I have to honestly say I have used better lotions and if I was not so strapped for money I would throw it out and go get a new bottle of something different.

• Absorption:

The lotion made with a man's foot in mind.

I have used the product on my step dad's feet on many occasions. He's got diabetes, he's legs and feet hurt all the time and I try to help him out and in the mean time hydrate his extremely rough skin on his feet. This product works like magic in a bottle when used repeated.

The scent is ok. It is not a lotion you would use to improve your smell. This lotion has an actual purpose, a job to do, so the scent is not needed to be flowery or appealing. It doesn't matter in this case.

Absorption
        This product soaks into the skin extremely well and rather fast. It absorbs just as well in my hand as it does his hard feet.

After multiple applications, we did see an improvement in his dry skin on the bottom of his feet. There was a significant decrease in the roughness as well, but that was including an exfoliation treatment to the soles of his feet. It did prevent a re-occurrence of rough cracked skin for a while afterwards.

• Absorption:

It is very good on your skin. TRY IT!

It is very nice. I really like the way it makes my skin crawl. People should try this product because it really works wonders on your skin. Take my advice, try it, and you will love it. I know I did. Yes, It is a very, very, very good product. I enjoyed using this product. I use it every single day and it is really nice on my skin. Take it from me, buy it!!!

• Absorption:

Nivea Essentially Enriched Lotion!!

Wow!! I have always had rough and dry skin, but this lotion has done wonders for my skin. I bought this on sale and just love, love, love it!! I use the Nivea Body Washes and this is just a wonderful addition to my softening routine. I have tried bunches of lotions, potions, and notions but this one has helped me the most. I would recommend this wonderful lotion to anybody who is looking for a good, long lasting lotion. My Jack Russell Terrier even loves this lotion, she licks my clothes, so it must also be good tasting.

The scent is just kind of plain, which is good, because people with sensitive skin tend to not do well with scented lotions. Use this with Nivea's Body Washes and you will be softer than fluff!!

Absorption
        I pumped 1 quarter size amount into the palm of my hand. It covered my arm, but yet did not feel greasy. It also absorbed quickly.

The effectiveness is wonderful! I have noticed a significant amount of softness in my skin.

• Absorption:

In love with this lotion

from Bell, CA

I adore Nivea products, always have, always will. And this is a must have in any household and not just for women, but the whole family. The scent is wonderful and gender neutral (in my optinion). I actually really like the way it smells on my boyfriend, and since every person has their own scent it subtly changes the smell of the lotion, but usually in a good way. This is a very heavy duty lotion, and i mean that it's good for extreme dryness or just every day application of moisture. You don't need to spend a lot of money on clinical versions of lotion when you can easily purchase this at any retailer. I always find that they have larger bonus sizes and there are always coupons for nivea products in the paper so I really save a lot of money. Smells great, gives lasting moisture, and although a bit greasy immediately after putting it on, it will eventually get absorbed. great for right before bed and after a shower.